Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

They did it. They actually went ahead and did it. May god have mercy on our souls.

NHL awards an expansion franchise to to Las Vegas, set to start playing in the 2017-2018 season. This will be the 31st club in the NHL, and the first expansion franchise since good ol' Y2K. We all know the league should have stopped expanding in the 1920s, but here we are..

Discuss all your clever potential names here.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Let me just break away from watching the hockey game I care about to watch this presentatiahahah no

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

St. Dogbert posted:

If anyone doesn't want to wait, the name and logo leaked. HFBoards' thread has it.

If it's the hat then yeah.

It's dumb as expected.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ugh yeah that's the one.

Dislike.

It'd be fine on some DIV3 NCAA football jersey I guess.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Or maybe I'm just a big baby who hates new things.

I can't tell.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Mugwumps would have been a pretty good name for an ice quidditch team

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This poo poo is like a starter wordpress template, clipart included.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I was like the one person on earth who thought this was a good logo.

Carry on.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

take me you ANIMAL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIEoBAyZq0s

Video of Sportnets top probably eligible picks for the expansions, have fun reading the comments.

Also a lot of their picks are total garbage.

:lol: imagine paying actual human currency for the privilege to watch this roster

alternately

:lol: imagine being so bored in Las Vegas that you actually take time to watch this roster with your comped tickets

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Also, Habs don't need a mandatory protection rule to protect Carey Price. The only logic they should need to protect Carey is LOOK AT LAST YEAR YOU IDIOTS

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

But just think of all the needy African children that will be getting new clothes this winter.

Bless.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That's sad :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Tampa drew well this year but they couldn't get people to watch them to win the Cup without giving away a lot of tickets.

This is no lie. I went to a ton of games in all four rounds including SCF in 2004 for probably the price of going to one round in a normal NHL city. To be fair, though, 2003 was probably the first year they weren't complete poo poo though and actually worth watching... which means Vegas should start to see good attendance in like 2030?

Oh and also the lockout immediately after didn't help.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm trying to decide whether I believe that comped tickets will result in actual okay attendance or just large swathes of empty seats at a "sold out" game.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Powershift posted:

I think the next expansion team should be a gypsy team with no home arena that plays 82 road games a year.

So kind of like the Panthers?

Just kidding, I hear they actually get fans wearing their jerseys at Sunrise now.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

drat, worried about the whole Radulov situation and now he's unprotected too so humm. Pretty okay with the protection list for the Habs except for Shaw but I guess we'll see what comes of it.

My nightmare was that they'd protect Emelin. I'm glad to see it hasn't happened but I still don't think V is stupid enough to grab that sack of poo poo.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So when does this stupid circus of a draft happen?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Wednesday, during the award show. It's all a big stupid ruse to get us to pay attention to the NHL awards.

Well I guess I get the last laugh by not watching :colbert:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Pretty much my hot take on it as well. Name and logo are stupid. Other than that I guess it's neat.

The red is a surprisingly nice touch.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

MononcQc posted:

Oh man please yes get rid of Emelin. You'll have 4 defensemen left but who cares

Emelin is less a defensemen and more of a meat tube in a jersey so I'm not sure the number would change.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Today:

Me, standing on an aircraft carrier while a giant "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner unfurls behind majestically.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RoOwSKI7M

It happened!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yeah we're not out of the woods yet, but at least that stupid ghost isn't chasing us anymore.

• Locked thread