Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

DOOP posted:

I want to be in the war room when Vegas picks their team so badly :(

It would be really cool if they do an Oil Change like doc about their process (or some kind of cool long form thing like Burnside did with the 2014 US Olympic selection year).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Nail Rat posted:

What are they going to trade? Chips?

Draft picks, UFAs they've picked up from Euro/College/AHL, etc.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Whatever happens in Albany, stays in Albany

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It's going to have nothing to do with the Raiders. If they're poo poo forever no one will go, if they can have some success, they'll be fine.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah it's a good signing. I would have been happy had the Devils did the same thing, these kinds of guys are absolutely worth a one or two year gamble for teams with cap space.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
man I wish the Devils were doing poo poo like this, they have plenty of TOI to hand out

Aye Doc posted:

more KHLers to come

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/05/05/report-vegas-interested-in-dadonov-shipachyovs-khl-teammate/

getting guys who already play well together is a good idea and it will help give them the illusion of having multiple decent lines by being able to use them as a pair and settle your draft players elsewhere. if they actually do target Kovy or Radulov, they look fun as hell already

Assuming that report was true, Kovalchuk is going to New York or Florida.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Devils list was exactly as predicted but when you barely have 7 real NHL players that's not much of an accomplishment.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

If he's going for value who the hell do you even take? Maybe Lovejoy because his contract is OK and teams love adding bad defensive d-men at the deadline?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Might take Cammalleri and flip him?

His contract is pretty bad, but maybe.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I was trying to come up with the most competitive team possible ignoring everything else and I stopped halfway through Vegas is going to be real bad

Although I think I'd take their D options over the Devils.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Kilza posted:

I feel like this would be Vegas' dream defense for everybody who wants to get rid of their lovely D:

What's wrong with Cole? He's fine at that value for the Pens.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
He kinda sucked last year but he was misued by Hynes imo and will probably be somewhat better next season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Kilza posted:

Ignoring the trades, that's the roster from Vegas' picks. $51.1 mil cap hit.

Shipachyov too.

And probably Dadonov if reports are to believed: http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/06/19/report-russian-scorer-dadonov-likely-to-play-in-vegas-next-season/

• Locked thread