Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

why on earth would I pretend I thought that I was a miller this game

That's not even the real point. It's always strange to be making reads and accusing people that turn out to be based on another game. That indicates you aren't really thinking too hard about that read or researching it because otherwise you would realize that you weren't thinking of the right thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Or it indicates that I was tired and hadn't got much sleep at the time.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
To be honest, out of the claimed backups, I'm still not sold on LD being town . I know she said she wouldn't be around much but even before then she did have a habit of just coming in whenever someone voted her. I said earlier that I think there's a scum backup and I think she might be the scum backup.

I'm not advocating a switch today - I still think Anarc is the right candidate today - but I think we should look at LD tomorrow.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

That's not even the real point. It's always strange to be making reads and accusing people that turn out to be based on another game. That indicates you aren't really thinking too hard about that read or researching it because otherwise you would realize that you weren't thinking of the right thing.

but i dont think that shows if theyre town or scum imho

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am assuming Quinose's list is accurate and we are going off of that (I have to study his reasoning on AA a little close because I haven't felt good about him for a bit) so I'm focusing on those people

I don't think Li Dawny is scum, I get a good feel from her posting and I agree with most of the thought processes she's shown.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Or it indicates that I was tired and hadn't got much sleep at the time.

Yeah who knows I can't just assume that, as I said though your other posting doesn't bother me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

but i dont think that shows if theyre town or scum imho

Me either, but SSV is being overly defensive about it now which is weird

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote ANarc

this is the best way to go

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hal you have failed me. I am going to see some fireworks.

##vote: anonymous narcotics

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is Jimson trying to distract us with drawings? I can buy it. Probably my second choice, haven't looked at flerp.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ohhhhhhhhh :redhammer:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Was that hammer?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:redhammer:

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
dammit guys, I was waiting to drop this

##vote ANarc

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

AnonymousNarcotics (9): CapitalistPig, Anomalous Amalgam, SirSamVimes, Flying Leatherman, Murmur Twin, JimsonTheBetrayer, Murmur Twin, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Murmur Twin, Hal Incandenza, Moatillata, VivaNova
SirSamVimes (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
JimsonTheBetrayer (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
CapitalistPig (0): Anomalous Amalgam, JimsonTheBetrayer, Anomalous Amalgam, JimsonTheBetrayer

Not Voting (5): AnonymousNarcotics, flerp, Li Dawny, Quidnose, Truth Quark :rubshands:

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 04th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 minutes.

"Ya bums go on and celebrate all you want, but don't forget we got a job to do."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost::munch::ghost:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
:henget:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:munch:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Lol my first hammwr and I didn't even realize. I didn't see Hal's post before voting

:gary::redhammer::yarg:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
God drat it my phone is gonna die before the flip

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 4:

pre:
User			Posts
Truth Quark 		271
Anomalous Amalgam 	263
Quidnose 		244
Moatillata 		181
JimsonTheBetrayer 	170
flerp 			160
CapitalistPig 		98
VivaNova 		85
Li Dawny 		73
Murmur Twin 		68
SirSamVimes 		58
Hal Incandenza 		35
Flying Leatherman 	33
:nono: CapitalistPig and Li Dawny did not make at least 10 posts today and are ON NOTICE! If they do not make at least 10 posts on Day 5, they will be FREELY LYNCHABLE on Day 6! :nono:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Fireworks exploded in the skies of Chicago. It was a day to celebrate - drinks aplenty, good times with friends, and lots of delicious food to be had.

But of course, first someone had to die. It was getting easier, as the days went on - a quiet whimper in the back alley, that's all. The deed was done. Nothing to celebrate here, sadly...

quote:

Trustworthiness is such an important thing, in a rough and tumble city like this one. Whether you're telling the truth or not, that doesn't matter - what matters is how people feel about the words coming out of your mouth. And if you could tweak those feelings just so? Why, anyone would believe you as much as their own mother.

:rip: AnonymousNarcotics, aka Leonzio 'The Banker' Gamlin, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Honest Visitor}, was executed on Day 4! :rip:

Night 4 begins now. You have 16 hours from this post (before 7/5 12:00 PM EDT) to get me your night actions. (Please let me know if you're foregoing your action too!)

The Outfit will resume its discussion tomorrow, 7/5 by 3:00 PM EDT. How very American!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I like how Hal ignores the whole day then comes back at the last minute to get up to the post count.

Makes u think.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Outfit's numbers are thinning fast - faster than any of you expected. It's mildly impressive how this subtle struggle has already caused more deaths than the bloodiest turf wars - or at least, it would be impressive if it wasn't grinding each and every one of you down day by day.

Back to it, then. The job's not done.

quote:

A pigeon poo poo on Mandy's hat once. She was drunk enough that she cussed it out but good, and it cussed her out right back. That was the moment she knew she had something special on her hands. After all, nobody pays attention to the flying rats. But they see everything that goes on in Chicago...

:rip: Hal Incandenza, aka Mandy 'Razor' Abruzzese, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Spymaster}, was filled with lead on Night 4! :rip:

quote:

Turibio was just your average mook, really. Sure, he dabbled in the Shine trade - ran a chunk of one of the more mediocre blends, nothing that special. And yeah, he was missing a digit - but who cares about the left pinky, anyhow? Just barely good enough for a nickname. Other than that, what was there to say about him?

Somehow, despite his painful mediocrity, people - unasked for, even - seemed to respect him. Capone noticed that, and put some contingency plans into place... After all, nobody pays attention to the dog running in the middle of the pack - even if its fangs are sharper than anyone else's.

:rip: Quidnose, aka Turibio 'Four Fingers' Macaluso, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla Backup Boss {Honest Visitor}, was filled with lead on Night 4! :rip:

:beerpal: Day 5 has begun! Deadline is Wednesday, July 6th, at 10:00 PM EDT. :beerpal:
Reminder that CapitalistPig and Li Dawny are ON NOTICE and need to make at least 10 posts today, or they will be FREELY LYNCHABLE on Day 6!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 5 :beerpal:

Not Voting (11): Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, flerp, Flying Leatherman, JimsonTheBetrayer, Li Dawny, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, SirSamVimes, Truth Quark, VivaNova :rubshands:

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 06th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

"Fireworks sure are pretty to watch. But you know the best thing about them? Nobody bats an eye at a couple of extra pops coming from the back alley when they're going off."

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
For the record now that he's dead killing Hal was Quid's idea.

Can you fucks stop lurking because drat.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Quid has a lot of bad ideas.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Jfc it's like everyone is taking crazy pills

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Moatillata posted:

Jfc it's like everyone is taking crazy pills

Don't worry I wrote a big thing entitled 'how to scumhunt' that I'll post tonight~

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I think Jimson is scum but I'm gonna have to look more closely at the ANarc votes.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

VivaNova posted:

Don't worry I wrote a big thing entitled 'how to scumhunt' that I'll post tonight~

:eng101:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also with 6 to lynch and quite probably 3 scum out there doesn't this put us in lylo? Or do the different factions change things?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Also lol how has no one commented on this

2/3 flipped scum, one remains unflipped. Why is cCat on the list for lurking but not any number of other lurkers?

Why is KB on the list as a potential PR, who was then killed at night?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Truth Quark posted:

2/3 flipped scum, one remains unflipped. Why is cCat on the list for lurking but not any number of other lurkers?

I can barely read it and the goddamn pop ups blow up my phone. Just use imgur like a normal human jimson tia

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sorry anarc, don't be so scummy. :(

I guess it must be jimson.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

This game is insanity and impossible to catch up on. I feel like I need to start making charts and using color codes to keep up.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Li Dawny posted:

This game is insanity and impossible to catch up on. I feel like I need to start making charts and using color codes to keep up.

You could always keep a notebook

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im gonna make a spreadsheet

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Truth Quark posted:

CCat is on the suspect list for "av. sexually confusing. :lol:

And yeah, that list doesn't look like it was written to hunt scum, it looks like Jimson was given a homework assignment that said "make a list of reads, minimum 50 words". I also stand by my earlier point that a deceptively low % of his posts have anything to do with hunting for scum, and that his primary concern just seems to be staying on people's good sides.

And the most logical explanation to the KB question is that Jimson's scumbo tpink told him KB was a rolecop (that list was posted on D2 which follows that timeline). If Jimson flips scum I'd say we'd need to take a long hard look at LD next.

##vote Jimson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Moatillata posted:

Also with 6 to lynch and quite probably 3 scum out there doesn't this put us in lylo? Or do the different factions change things?

While I don't think that 3 scum is a given, I also don't think TQ has to make a kill (and even if he does I don't think we'l lose) so we should have some breathing room.

Truth Quark posted:

For the record now that he's dead killing Hal was Quid's idea.

Can you fucks stop lurking because drat.

You wasted my best breadcrumb find ever :smith:

VivaNova posted:

I'm looking forward to this!

• Locked thread