Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Murmur Twin posted:

It would be nice if you would actually contribute an opinion as long as we're in the final stages of the game. :ohdear:

sry i was at work so i didnt rly have the time to look through posts and figure things out but ill try in a little bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh poo poo i totally forgot that moat gave me the shine yeah i think hes clear in my books a scumbo wouldve given that to one of his scumbos imho

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

flerp posted:

oh poo poo i totally forgot that moat gave me the shine yeah i think hes clear in my books a scumbo wouldve given that to one of his scumbos imho

He did? Hm.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah i literally just remembered that because it was like d1 he did that so unless he was running like a super long gambit then idk

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Only Brewers can transfer Shine to other players, right? We've already had one confirmed scum brewer flip, and I can't imagine the scumteam picking two brewers.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

flerp posted:

yeah i literally just remembered that because it was like d1 he did that so unless he was running like a super long gambit then idk

Are you sure you received the Shine from Moat? Because if so, that means the remaining scum has to be MMT.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
well this actually never came up but in the shine lottery it said "you are not allowed to discuss this with anyone" which i assume applied to scum so maybe they did pick multiple brewers

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

Are you sure you received the Shine from Moat? Because if so, that means the remaining scum has to be MMT.

well moat said he gave me shine on the night i got an extra shine and no one else said otherwise sooooooooo probably unless like some redirection or something but then they would have to know the role of a brewer and also redirect that original target to go to me and... yeah i dont think that's possible because it was n1 that i got the shine iirc

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
gently caress it is mmt isnt it

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

SirSamVimes posted:

...or you, right? ##vote SSV

Please don't get this wrong you guys. SSV's been floating through the game, hasn't put out a single case on scum, and is lying about his spymaster ability.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

flerp posted:

gently caress it is mmt isnt it

It's definitely either SSV or myself - please do a reread on the two of us and get this right, because at this point it's clear as day to me that it's SSV.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Murmur Twin posted:

...or you, right? ##vote SSV

Please don't get this wrong you guys. SSV's been floating through the game, hasn't put out a single case on scum, and is lying about his spymaster ability.

You're acting like me lying about spymaster is a proven point rather than complete supposition on your part.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote mmt

Guess it has to be one of us.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

You're acting like me lying about spymaster is a proven point rather than complete supposition on your part.

I acknowledge that I'm the only one who knows for sure that it's true, but to be fair we're both making posts like that:

SirSamVimes posted:

At this point I'm as sure it's you as I was sure of Jimson and so right now my priority is to make sure flerp and Moat see it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i hate this game so drat much rn

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

flerp posted:

Lylo/mylo is my favourite part of the game, whichever team I'm on.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
theres so much pressure and i legitmately dont have a loving clue ive read both of your guy's post histories and its just like... idk

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

flerp posted:

This is the best part of Mafia :j: What is it about SSV that makes you think he's town exactly?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

Lylo/mylo is my favourite part of the game, whichever team I'm on.

:hf:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Case dismissed! :yotj:

Re-reading over SSV, I feel like there's been a lot of white noise over the last few days.

While it's great that SSV was going back over the game looking for information, he doesn't share a single conclusion that he came to from said re-read. What was the point of any of those posts, if the strongest read he has after the fact is a gut read on me?

Also:

:ironicat:

Reposting this (click the link in my name) because I feel like it's relevant.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
My vote isn't changing. I've been here posting all game. I've re read mmt and flerp and ssv. Nothing is changing over here unless you can find some kind of game changing revelation.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

I am of the opinion that if you really did see 4 actions on a night where only 3 have been claimed, you would be using that to try and case someone. That story still doesn't add up, nor does the fact that you don't seem particularly invested in figuring out why it doesn't add up.

(ok bedtime for now)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ugh i dont see how this can go any other way so here we go ##vote ssv :ohdear:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Oh gently caress man this is exciting rn

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Good riddance, SirSamVimes!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i probably hosed up and everything was ruined and im so sorry jimmy i failed u :(

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
If mmt is actually scum gently caress it dude she deserves the win

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost: :munch: :ghost:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

flerp posted:

i probably hosed up and everything was ruined and im so sorry jimmy i failed u :(

:ghost: do you feel that warmth? That is me wrapping my big meaty ghost arms around you. You can never fail me my love :ghost:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
:ghost: I am excited to see if town won :ghost:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
FLIP GOD drat IT

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

bad post-death post removed

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

:ghost: do you feel that warmth? That is me wrapping my big meaty ghost arms around you. You can never fail me my love :ghost:

:glomp:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: :f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5: :ghost:

:zombie: but Podima is probably in bed already :( :zombie:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/2mOG3kTuLxT9e/giphy.gif

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
It's good to see you again my departed town brothers

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
It's like you've always been here with us. Deep inside.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 8 :beerpal:

SirSamVimes (3): Moatillata, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, flerp
Murmur Twin (1): SirSamVimes
Moatillata (0): SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes
Lynch No One! (0): SirSamVimes, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, SirSamVimes

Not Voting (0): :rubshands:

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 12th, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 15 hours, 4 minutes.

"A letter for me? It's about time those ugly mugs sent me some news from back home. Let's see here..."

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xILm9Eohji4

Settled in his uncomfortable Alcatraz cell for the night, Al Capone tore open the long-awaited letter and lay back on his bed to read the latest news from his beloved Chicago home. The first couple of lines already had him heaving a heavy sigh.

"Ah, those bastards got Vic? drat, that guy never could catch a break. Tough luck for him."

quote:

Vic spent his days limping back and forth. Fetching cigs, hanging up coats and hats, shining shoes, emptying ashtrays, clearing away Shine empties - not exactly the glamorous life he'd expected when joining the Outfit. But that was just the kind of luck he'd come to expect, since that first fateful day...

After all, how lucky was he to get hand-picked by Capone himself to head out what was supposed to be a simple run? Collect protection money from a few bars, make sure they knew where their loyalties were, maybe swipe a bottle of Shine for the road. Easy stuff, right?

Unfortunately, it turns out those bars had paid their protection money to the North Side Gang just before he got there - in fact, the gangster still had the cash wadded up in one fat paw when he swaggered up, proud as a peacock. And drat if their other hand didn't have a gun aimed at Vic the second he opened his fat mouth.

Nope, it wasn't bad enough that he had to turn tail and skedaddle like a coward. That would have been too easy. They decided to teach him a lesson, the nature of which involved leaving three toes behind by way of a bullet or five and saddling him with an unsightly nickname for the rest of his days.

So Vic limped back and forth, staying in the background and waiting for his chance. After all, Shine gave people power - enough power to ignore silly things like a crippled foot. If he could just get his hands on some of that stuff - maybe he could finally get back on track with the good luck he was long overdue for?

:rip: SirSamVimes, aka Victor 'Two Toes' Griest, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup {Spymaster}, was executed on Day 8! :rip:

~~~

♪ Can you hear that lonesome moanin'
Is that you or is that me?
My broken heart ain't aching for nothing
That I can't touch or I can't see

And do you hear that lonesome cryin'
Thought I made it stop it's singin'
But my hands lay there on the bottle
And I just drank until my heart would be too drunk to dream ♫

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Capone read on, grimacing as he reached the end of the first page - the handwriting was messy, clearly written in haste. Whoever penned this letter obviously mailed it off on their way out of town.

"Blackjack too? Hell, who's left at this point that knows the Shine recipe? I never shoulda shacked up with that Russkie bitch - knew she'd be more trouble than she was worth. drat."

quote:

Luck is a strange thing. Sometimes it's the wink you catch from across a crowded bar, or the perfect hand a dealer drops in front of you at the end of a long night. But whatever form it takes, it's always life-changing in some way or another. In that sense, you figure Al Capone calling you into his office to meet 'a special lady' was the luckiest thing that ever happened to you.

You wouldn't have believed it if she hadn't shown you herself - such humble ingredients, when combined in the right way, quite literally made miracles happen.

:rip: Moatillata, aka Iliana 'Blackjack' Varrone, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Brewer}, was filled with lead on Night 8! :rip:

~~~

♪ So baby, you can leave if you wanna
There ain't no drinkin' when the bottle is dry
Sugar, you can leave if you wanna
I got no more tears to cry

Do you hear that lonesome shuffle
Of my feet walking out of the bar
And I stumble down the same drat streets
My daddy done stumbled before ♫

• Locked thread