Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Day at the pool with the kids I can't keep obsessing over this. Godspeed little doodles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
If mmt or flerp are the scum then I'm not even mad esp mmt

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Moatillata posted:

Day at the pool with the kids I can't keep obsessing over this. Godspeed little doodles

make sure they dont poo poo in the pool

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Moatillata posted:

This response is lame. Why is your gut yelling mmt? Have you re-read her? Nothing about her screams scum to me and I have been scouring

Did... you even read my post? It mentioned rereading her, it acknowledged that none of her content is actually scummy. Starting to think it's you with such a willful misinterpretation of my post.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Not that it matters, seeing as everyone thinks it's me. But if y'all decide you don't want to lose, that would be cool.

##vote moat it even rhymes

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote moat oops phone posting

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I think SSV lied about his action.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Did we ever figure out a fourth action?

We have a redirect, and 2 NKs, spymaster is excluded. So what would the fourth action be? At this point, it doesn't seem like anyone has any shine left. I suppose it could be an undisclosed scum move, but I can't imagine what or who it would be used on.

Additionally, it just seems like a convenient claim to make when you can get the information from Podima's posts and no one can really attest to it.

I'm looking it over and I can't think of how there could have been 4 actions on the night that SSV claimed to have used spymaster (unless we think Pig waited until that late into the game to Brew?).

Flying Leatherman posted:

Wait, whoa. You're on to something here.

Hal died last night. There have been no other Spymaster deaths. (On that note, Pod, can you update the death post?)

SSV claimed backup. Backups can only inherit flipped roles in the phase immediately following the flip. Therefore SSV couldn't use his role until the night after he got it because inheriting expends his action for that phase. I know this to be true because, hey, I'm a USB too!

So yeah, that's a huge glaring inconsistency.

SirSamVimes posted:

Also it's not contradictory. I inherited the role during the day phase, and then used it in the night.

Is there any evidence that backups can inherit during the day phase? It seems weird to me that Pod would put exactly one role that doesn't occur at night in the game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote SSV - I feel pretty confident about this one.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Backups have to inherit during the day if someone dies at night. Inheritance only works in the direction next phase.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

*direct

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

Backups have to inherit during the day if someone dies at night. Inheritance only works in the direction next phase.

So why did FL make that post?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Which one? "that post" is very vague.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Wait, whoa. You're on to something here.

Hal died last night. There have been no other Spymaster deaths. (On that note, Pod, can you update the death post?)

SSV claimed backup. Backups can only inherit flipped roles in the phase immediately following the flip. Therefore SSV couldn't use his role until the night after he got it because inheriting expends his action for that phase. I know this to be true because, hey, I'm a USB too!

So yeah, that's a huge glaring inconsistency.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Can you explain what it is about Moat that you find scummy?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Because he didn't realise that my inherit target had died in the night so I could inherit in the day. Once he realises that he got things wrong, he had no suspicion of me.

I actually don't find SSV suspicious right now. Spymaster could have been counterclaimed and wasn't, and he's been consistent with his backup claim. A scum backup probably wouldn't pick up the Spymaster role over, say, a rolecop or a redirector.

Also, I voted Moat because his misreading of my post was so incorrect that it had to be intentional. At this point it really has to be one of you two because if it were flerp, I'd probably be hammered by now. Unless he's asleep, I guess.

Obviously from my own perspective it can't be me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##unvote

Now that I'm fully awake, I'm still not sure which of you it is.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah im just chilling rn we got a day still

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
also i wanted ssv to post before i hammered because you know that makes sense?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Well, I've posted so if you feel like losing the game then go ahead. :v:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote no lynch

3man lylos are better than 4man ones

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

##vote no lynch

3man lylos are better than 4man ones

##unvote

While ssv is still my strongest read, I can't deny that he's right here

##vote no lynch

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SirSamVimes posted:

Did... you even read my post? It mentioned rereading her, it acknowledged that none of her content is actually scummy. Starting to think it's you with such a willful misinterpretation of my post.

My post clearly states that yours is lame. I stand by this. You say that you re-read her, she is town BUT YOUR GUT CRIES OUT FOR BLOOD. So basically you say nothing? You don't respond to my question about cpig and then you OMGUS me.

You also have no opinion on flerp and apparently my single post was enough to make me scum lord mcscummy butt

*slow claps*

Bravo.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

flerp posted:

make sure they dont poo poo in the pool

It's not them you should be worrying about :downs:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Moatillata posted:

My post clearly states that yours is lame. I stand by this. You say that you re-read her, she is town BUT YOUR GUT CRIES OUT FOR BLOOD. So basically you say nothing? You don't respond to my question about cpig and then you OMGUS me.

You also have no opinion on flerp and apparently my single post was enough to make me scum lord mcscummy butt

*slow claps*

Bravo.

That post was enough to make me vote you when I had just woken up and was phone posting, yes. Once I was more awake, I unvoted. And I have an opinion on flerp, so once again you've proven you're incapable of reading.

SirSamVimes posted:

At this point it really has to be one of you two because if it were flerp, I'd probably be hammered by now. Unless he's asleep I guess.

Now that flerp's been about and posted and not hammered me, that means he has to be 100% town from my perspective because otherwise he would have won the game right there.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
So, why will anything be different tomorrow if he vote no lynch? Another dead Townie? I am missing the point of this one. Also why didnt you vote cpig ssv?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If we vote no lynch, then we'll narrow down the possibilities by one. You can't see the benefit to that? And if I recall correctly I just didn't see the case on cpig.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i mean scumll just shoot me and well be back at square one

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I think SSV lied about his action.

I'm looking it over and I can't think of how there could have been 4 actions on the night that SSV claimed to have used spymaster (unless we think Pig waited until that late into the game to Brew?).

I still think this is a valid point against SSV and would love to see it addressed.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why would I make up a number as scum? Seems like a super easy way to get caught out if everyone claims.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

Why would I make up a number as scum? Seems like a super easy way to get caught out if everyone claims.

Because you never inherited Spymaster and lied about the role to cover your bases during the massclaim? If this is what happened, it will admittedly have worked to this point.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Then why wouldn't I just claim a role that's not so easily countered or say that I've been beaten every time I tried to claim a role? Hell, I could even wait for Cpig to be lynched and claim to take the brewer seeing as as a scum player I'd know his alignment. I could have even claimed to have given it to AA on the same night he died, which would make sense as he's a cop.

As a scum player looking for a fakeclaim, there are far better things that I could have done than claim to take spymaster.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

mafia player: as a scum player I'd know is role

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

mafia edit edit: mafia edit

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Actually I feel like scum would nk me (every thing is always about me) and this would piss me off because I wanna see this ship to its rightful port of call.

So, how does having one less person change my opinion? I mean jfc we (well most of us) have been invested in this game and playing for a long and reading and making decisions.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why would scum kill you

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I was half joking there but I dunno they have to kill one of us. I just don't like the idea of waiting for it.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I mean we've come this far and are we just basically closing our eyes and doing eeny meeny minie mo? We need to rely on mathematical odds to wins this game?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

confirming a player as town is a good thing though.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 8 :beerpal:

Lynch No One! (2): SirSamVimes, Murmur Twin
SirSamVimes (1): Moatillata, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Moatillata (0): SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes

Not Voting (1): flerp :rubshands:

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 12th, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 21 hours, 42 minutes.

"This prison food... It's terrible."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

flerp posted:

yeah im just chilling rn we got a day still

It would be nice if you would actually contribute an opinion as long as we're in the final stages of the game. :ohdear:

SirSamVimes posted:

Then why wouldn't I just claim a role that's not so easily countered or say that I've been beaten every time I tried to claim a role? Hell, I could even wait for Cpig to be lynched and claim to take the brewer seeing as as a scum player I'd know his alignment. I could have even claimed to have given it to AA on the same night he died, which would make sense as he's a cop.

As a scum player looking for a fakeclaim, there are far better things that I could have done than claim to take spymaster.

Right, but (a) your Spymaster claim gave you a certain amount of town cred back when we were discussing roles because you shared information (which makes it a valid scum strategy) and (b) I don't think there were four actions on the night you said there were.

• Locked thread