Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am so in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

phew I was worried I had to read the posts and judge them but it turns out we're in the no content phase.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like how this game is set during the Great Depression just as we may be set up to enter another recession very soon.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

King Burgundy posted:

Well now all three of us are outed. You are bad at this game.

quickest game ever

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Truth Quark posted:

OK LADIES AND GENTLEMENT LETS PLAY A CONTENT GAME

Who is your favorite overwatch character and why?

Junkrat and if you need me to explain why you're scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

I've ended joke phase before I got a chance to joke

Oh hey jokephase is over, I can start paying attention now?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Glowku declaring posts bad just because they're voting him is also shady.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum tell us about your role. Does it say anything about the threat that rival outfits present?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Because voting someone for lurking during jokephase is dumb as hell.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also goodnight, try not to post too much while I sleep.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I said don't post too much, not leave me a 200 post wall to read.

Anyways, this boss thing sounds like the mechanic from Lunchtime at the Office or whatever that game was called. A few bosses who could find other bosses using that exact ability. I wonder if this game also has a serial killer that the bosses have collective control over too.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Okay, here's the thing. While Infinitum is clearly a boss, there's nothing suggesting that he's the town boss aside from the fact that he was the first to claim.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm guessing there's a town, scum and self-aligned boss.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

King Burgundy posted:

In that game, did the SK killing stop when the bosses died? or did that just mean the SK could choose his own targets?

If I recall correctly they just became an ordinary SK.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

To be honest I'd rather not vote outa boss until we have three claimed. That way if we hang one and it turns out to be the town boss, we know the next targets. assuming there's only one of each alignment

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I discovered my ps4 controller works with my pc and now I'm reaquainting myself with psychonauts 2

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

*psychonuats

the milkman conspiracy is real cool

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I think that we should stop using Godfather/scum boss interchangeably. Godfather and boss are two different roles.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Seeing as bosses work exactly the same in every other way to the Lunchtime game, I'm going to assume for the time being that there's a town boss, a scum boss and a self aligned boss.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we've got three claims, right?

Adahn
Infinitum
dongsbutt

So if Infinitum is taking us for a ride and we lynch the town boss we know who the scum and 3p bosses are, even if we don't know which is which.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote adahn

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##unvote I thought that Adahn had actually claimed boss, not just theorised that there might be an assassin/strongman/juggernaut.

That's a lot of votes on Glowku that happened very quickly. Just trying to knock out a luerk?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote Glowku

If he is a shine distributor we have at least 1 claimed backup who suggests there are others.

yeah but the backups only get one shot of the power

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also I can confirm that one shot shine backup is a thing because I'm one

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

Why would you claim this

Because you're acting like claiming universal shine backup is bullshit when I can confirm that they exist in this game?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Adahn1986 posted:

It's fine anyways, Universal Shine Backups are probably the equivalent of vanilla town this game. I have a feeling there are a LOT of us.

That's my guess, which is why I didn't hesitate to claim.

In fact, if anyone here is vanilla town, can you say so? It'd be nice to know whether or not we're the vanilla equivalent.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Adahn is definitely town. Scum would withold the information about a night visit and just share it in the doc.

Do we know if New York Family is scum or 3p?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Murmur Twin posted:

I would assume scum (first Shine game had two scumteams, plus the role of "boss" + the team name "family" to me implies multiple people in that group).

SSV - How would knowing the answer to this affect your reads? It feels more like something scum would wonder than something town would wonder.

The reason I'm wondering this is as I mentioned before, I was in another game with the boss mechanic and in that setup the 3p boss becomes a second scumteam with the SK if he's the last one.

I'd say it's beneficial to town to know whether or not we have a second scumteam on the field.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wait what, Hal's in this game?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

honestly I have no clue.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote aa

That's a good catch that he said he isn't useful to town in any way during day 1 before he did any investigations. I don't buy a cop posting this at all.

Absurd Revolver posted:

someone case me so i have something to say

you smell like poop therefore you're scum

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I don't know why knowing the word "inherit" is a definite clear. I'm pretty sure that scum have a sample vanilla (or universal one shot backup) role PM for fakeclaim purposes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If there's two scumteams, there might be four bosses. The theorisation of "one scum one 3p one town" kind of went with one scumteam.

Also ##vote hal

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Adahn1986 posted:

SSV and Dawny at the very least, I'd love if one of them volunteered.

Are you claiming you assumed the role during night 2?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Adahn1986 posted:

No, I took it during Day 2. I re-read my role PM and realized that was the only time someone could have confirmed me as town. Unless someone tried to take it after me, I'm impossible to confirm except by killing scum or dying.

and here I was excited about thinking I caught you in a lie

I tried to claim the role during night 2 and was told I couldn't because it had been two phases. The PM didn't mention anything about it already being taken, but I'm guessing being told I had waited too long took priority over that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Of the lurkers, I'd like to take down Hal. He's just sort of dipped his toe shallowly into opinions as possible.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I feel left out for not having an avatar pic

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ha ha you just drew gunnerkrigg court fanart

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quidnose posted:

For Sure-Town
Quidnose - Outfit Honest Visitor, Confirmed by Adahn
Truth Quark - Outfit-Aligned from Masonry, confirmed by Quidnose
TMMadman - dead
Absurd Revolver - dead
Adahn1986 - dead
dongsbot 9000 - dead
JakeP- dead
King Burgundy - dead
Mayor Glowku - dead

Probably Town
Anomalous Amalgam - If AA is scum he's playing a VERY good game. I don't think he would lock hard on trying to get my dunked as scum, too risky.
Flying Leatherman - By extension unless FL is a Godfather, he's confirmed by AA being a Town Cop
Murmur Twin - like her casework, think it's solid
Moatillata - dumb about brewing, probably town
VivaNova - swooped in and gave us TPInk from her rereads, yes?
Hal Incandenza - Adahn breadcumb

El Scumbos

Team A:
curiousCat
tpink

Team 1:
Infinitum

Who's Left?
AnonymousNarcotics
CapitalistPig
flerp
JimsonTheBetrayer
Li Dawny
SirSamVimes

What's the Hal breadcrumb you mentioned?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Since I still haven't received any shine I guess I'll just claim bc I'm basically vanilla. I am an honest visitor. Visited dongs on n1 bc in my eyes he was the closest to confirmed town. Huge waste.

This claim just makes you look suspicious to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I know that's why I didn't share it for a few days. I was hoping to get another shine so I could visit someone not dead.

Why even make the claim with so little pressure?

• Locked thread