Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

This is the sequel to Shine, but playing/reading that game is absolutely not necessary to enjoy this one! (It's still a good read though.)

In the speakeasies of New York City, drunken patrons told fantastical tales of Shine, a batch of moonshine that triggered extraordinary abilities in those who drank it. To most people, Shine was just an urban legend, and Prohibition was just the Man trying to keep the common people from their alcohol. However, In one certain backroom speakeasy Shine was a very real thing and Prohibition had long since ceased being about alcohol.

After a quiet but vicious struggle for power, both the FBI and Mafia failed to seize control of the Shine network and Prohibition was thoroughly defanged in the city. While the genius brewer who created Shine in the first place died at a maddened Shiner's hands, he had already passed on the secret of its creation to his daughter Ilsa. She continued to refine the recipe, and eventually left New York City to bring Shine to new places. Of course, the city life isn't easy to let go of, and eventually Ilsa settled down once more, brewing her improved Shine recipes for a different distribution network in a quiet city by the name of Chicago...

The year is 1931, and Al Capone has just been sentenced to 11 years in prison. For the first time in years, the Chicago Outfit has a leadership crisis. Will Capone's loyal successors take over the Outfit and its lucrative Shine bootlegging operations, or will others take the opportunity to eliminate their rivals and seize power for themselves?

Shine II: The Chicago Outfit, is a flavorful semi-open setup game of Mafia for 24 players.

General Rules:
  • Standard Mafia Rules are in effect for this game. Don't be a dick. Specific addendums follow:
    • Twilight posting after the hammer is acceptable, but the thread will be closed when the flip is posted.
    • Please play to your win condition!
    • No PM comparing shenanigans - format, capital letters, whatever.
    • Seriously, don't be a dick. I reserve the right to nudge you via PM if I feel you're going beyond the pale.
  • In general, no replacements will be allowed beyond Day 1 - please don't sign up if you aren't going to put actual effort into this game. (I understand that Life Happens sometimes - in extreme cases please PM me and we'll take it from there.)
    • I politely request that unredeemable lurkers/no-content shitposters not sign up for this game, and reserve the right to turn you down if you do so!
  • Days will be ~24-36 hours (or more, depending on weekends) and Nights will be ~12-24 hours. Nights will be closed but I'll reopen the thread promptly.
    • In general, days will start between 9 AM - 1 PM EDT, and end between 8 PM - 11 PM EDT.
  • Votes will be by majority, and no-lynches are possible.
  • Anti-Lurking Rule v2.0:
    • If you don't make at least 10 posts in a game day, you will be ON NOTICE the next game day. Tut tut!
    • If you are already ON NOTICE and do not make at least 10 posts the following game day, you will be FREELY LYNCHABLE the next day. (Your lynch will not end the day!) This status will continue until you make 10 posts in a game day.
    • The above rules will be disregarded if hammer happens more than 2 hours before deadline, and will probably only be in effect for the first 2-3 game days if you're all good people.
Game-Specific Notes:
Some players will participate in a special pre-game phase to determine their roles. The roles available during this pre-game phase are:
  • Brewer - can visit someone else at night, giving them 1 Shine. May not target the same person consecutively.
  • Commuter - can hide themselves away at night, becoming untargetable by night actions.
  • Cop - can investigate someone at night, learning whether they are Outfit-Aligned or Not Outfit-Aligned.
  • Doctor - can protect someone else at night, protecting them from death one time that night. May not target the same person consecutively.
  • Honest Visitor - can visit someone else at night, and that player will learn your mod-confirmed alignment.
  • Jailkeeper - can jail someone else at night, both protecting them from death and preventing them from taking any actions targeting someone else that night. May not target the same person consecutively.
  • Reckless Night Vigilante - can kill someone else at night, but if an Outfit-Aligned player is targeted you will die instead.
  • Redirector - can target two players at night, redirecting all actions performed on the first player (except night kills) to instead target the second player. May not target the same person consecutively.
  • Rolecop - can investigate someone else at night, learning both their Role and Shine Role.
  • Spymaster - can learn how many actions other than yours are performed during a night phase, including any night kills, but not what those actions were or who performed them.
  • Tracker - can track someone else at night, learning who they targeted that night (if anyone). May not target the same person consecutively.
  • Watcher - can watch someone else at night, learning who else visited them that night (if anyone). May not target the same person consecutively.
There may be other roles in the game in addition to these.

Town Win Condition:
You win when no threats to the Outfit remain.

Player List:
  1. Absurd Revolver
  2. Adahn1986
  3. Anomalous Amalgam
  4. AnonymousNarcotics
  5. CapitalistPig
  6. curiousCat
  7. dongsbot 9000
  8. flerp
  9. Flying Leatherman
  10. Hal Incandenza
  11. Infinitum
  12. JakeP
  13. JimsonTheBetrayer
  14. King Burgundy
  15. Li Dawny
  16. Mayor Glowku
  17. Moatillata
  18. Murmur Twin
  19. Quidnose
  20. SirSamVimes
  21. TMMadman
  22. tpink
  23. Truth Quark
  24. VivaNova

Podima fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Deaths:
Night 0:
Al Capone, Outfit-Aligned Godfather, was thrown in the slammer on Night 0!

Day 1:
Mayor Glowku, aka Martina 'The Siren' Varda, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Brewer} was executed on Day 1!

Night 1:
dongsbot 9000, aka Giorgia 'Two Tricks' Pirillo, aka Lesley Winter, Outfit-Aligned Boss, was filled with lead on Night 1!
Infinitum, aka Kevin 'Iceman' Bexley, New York Families-Aligned Boss, was filled with lead on Night 1!
JakeP, aka Zane 'One Eye' Harward, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Reckless Night Vigilante}, was filled with lead on Night 1!

Day 2:
curiousCat, aka Fabio 'The Viper' Gattone, North Side Gang-Aligned Boss, was executed on Day 2!

Night 2:
King Burgundy, aka Gomberto 'No Cigar' Li Vecchi, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Cop}, was filled with lead on Night 2!
TMMadman, aka Macario 'The Chin' Vivolo, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup, was filled with lead on Night 2!

Day 3:
tpink, aka Ronaldo 'The Rabbit' Perini, North Side Gang-Aligned Vanilla {Rolecop}, was executed on Day 3!

Night 3:
Absurd Revolver, aka Dione 'Oddfather' Ciminera, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Spymaster}, was filled with lead on Night 3!
Adahn1986, aka Cleo 'Silver Dollar' Purdom, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup, was filled with lead on Night 3!

Day 4:
AnonymousNarcotics, aka Leonzio 'The Banker' Gamlin, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Honest Visitor}, was executed on Day 4!

Night 4:
Hal Incandenza, aka Mandy 'Razor' Abruzzese, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Spymaster}, was filled with lead on Night 4!
Quidnose, aka Turibio 'Four Fingers' Macaluso, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla Backup Boss {Honest Visitor}, was filled with lead on Night 4!

Day 5:
JimsonTheBetrayer, aka Gloria 'Doberman' Medaglia, North Side Gang-Aligned Vanilla {Redirector}, was executed on Day 5!

Night 5:
Li Dawny, aka Cierra 'Smiler' Marchetta, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup {Cop}, was filled with lead on Night 5!
VivaNova, aka Andrea 'The Whisper' Passalacqua, aka Ilsa Miloslovsky, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Rolecop}, was filled with lead on Night 5!

Day 6:
CapitalistPig, aka Kai 'Peanuts' Sclafani, North Side Gang-Aligned Vanilla {Brewer}, was executed on Day 6!

Night 6:
Truth Quark, aka Annabella 'The Saint' Rubano, Murder, Inc.-Aligned Outfit-Aligned Killer {Deathproof}, was filled with lead on Night 6!

Day 7:
Anomalous Amalgam, aka Maura 'The Menace' Featherston, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Cop}, was executed on Day 7!

Night 7:
Flying Leatherman, aka Carmine 'The Snitch' Calise, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup {Brewer}, was filled with lead on Night 7!

Day 8:
SirSamVimes, aka Victor 'Two Toes' Griest, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup {Spymaster}, was executed on Day 8!

Night 8:
Moatillata, aka Iliana 'Blackjack' Varrone, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Brewer}, was filled with lead on Night 8!

Day 9:
flerp, aka Adelaide 'Blue Eyes' Scarpace, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Redirector}, was ENDGAMED on Day 9!
Murmur Twin, aka Ethan 'Squint' Di Santi, North Side Gang-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup {Redirector}, has UTTERLY DESTROYED THE OUTFIT on Day 9!

Podima fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 16, 2016

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

dongsbot 9000 posted:

wow someone stole my anti-lurker rules....

It's true, I like your thought process around keeping control in the players' hands.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Balls, no way I can compete with this. Sign me up.

Sorry buddy! I did give fair warning last week about when this was going to go up!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

You're all wonderful people! (And also in!)

Including the unconfirmed presigns - who I've PMed - we are at 13/24 players, over halfway there! I should have time tomorrow to finish up role PMs, so if we can get the signups we'll be ready to start as early as tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

King Burgundy posted:

Whelp. Ending my hiatus for this I guess.

It should be noted that I'll be traveling for a week during this game, again, starting Sunday.

Pod only runs shine games when I have to travel.

Where are you off to this time?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Flying Leatherman posted:

hi, can I play?

Sure can! Glad to see you back.

6 slots remain, pending 3 presigns checking in.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

dongsbot 9000 posted:

oh the outfit is town and not scum thats not as exciting

"Town" is Outfit-Aligned in this game, yes. (Check the cop role in the OP.)

EDIT: Haha, caught your ninja!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Just two people, two unconfirmed presigns, and one PM-confirmed presign who needs to post in the thread left!

Also, for those who care, I tweaked the organization of the OP a little and added an additional rules clarification around PM comparison shenanigans (hint: it involves not doing that) given what happened in Drawrof.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Quidnose posted:

Also nobody do borderline Toxxing things this game like demanding each other shave their beard or whatever

It's literally in the Standard Mafia Rules, even!

Also my wife would murder me irl if I shaved my beard, I trimmed it down to a mustache once for a costume and she burst into tears when she saw me.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Moatillata posted:

I would like your last spot if it still available thank you and good morning

WE ARE TENTATIVELY FULL!

If anyone else wanders by and is interested, please feel free to put your name down. If I don't hear from my remaining presigns by some arbitrary time that coincides with when I finish writing up flavor, you might just get in!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

flerp posted:

hi ill do that

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Still writing flavor and waiting for either presigns to confirm or two more backups to materialize. Tell your friends and enemies!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Moatillata posted:

Oh poo poo pod I am gonna be camping this weekend, will that be an issue with the game? I will be out of commission Fri night thru sun afternoon. If you wanna replace me I undwrstand even though getting smashed with y'all would be fun.

That's fine, I tend to try and arrange deadlines/night phases so that weekends can be low-activity times since that's usually what happens. For example, if we start tonight like I'm hoping for, this is the rough timeline I'm looking at (barring early lynches):

Day 1: Thursday night - Saturday night (~36-48h for Day 1)
Night 1: Saturday night - Sunday night (~24h)
Day 2: Sunday night - Tuesday morning (~36h)

And so on. Days 24-36h or more on weekends, nights 12-24h like it says in the OP. This is dependent on a few factors though, so we'll see!

Also never stop drinking.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Find me two more players and the game will start TONIGHT!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Infinitum posted:

No you're replacing presigns that didn't rock up

Indeed! I waited long enough for them - expect PMs to go out tonight. I'll post one last notification and lock the thread when that starts.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Lol Glowku already signed up. Noted though, if one of the presigns shows up before I finalize everything I'll mark you down as a replacement.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

curiousCat posted:

this counts as confirming right

Sure does!

Sorry MG3, off to the reserves with you. If for some reason I need a replacement, I'll prod you - thanks for being so willing to step aside!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

And with that, it's time to get this show on the road. Locking the thread for now and working on PMs - please do not post again after I reopen the thread until I confirm. Thank you!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

All role PMs are out and the Pre-Game Phase has begun. If you have an action during this phase, please get back to me ASAP. The thread will open again once this phase is complete. Thank you for your patience!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

The mood was tense today. Nobody had ever thought this would happen, but happen it did. The feds had finally gotten Al Capone, the legendary head of the Chicago Outfit - and on tax evasion, of all things. Thrown in the clink for 11 years!

With him gone, what would happen to the Outfit? Only time will tell.

Al Capone, Outfit-Aligned Godfather, was thrown in the slammer on Night 0!

Day 1 has begun! Deadline is Sunday, June 26th, at 8:00 PM EDT.

Very sorry about the delay, we should be good going forward!

If you have any questions, general or specific, or concerns with the deadline, please take it up with me in PM. Good luck!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

MG3 posted:

Oops no I thought this was the Mafia discussion thread

Carry on

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

TMMadman posted:

Hey, I'm sorry about that mafia edit missing big time. I'm a little and meant that to be a quote not edit.

I saw the original post, it's fine. Thanks for owning up to it immediately. No harm done.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

It is now twilight until I post the flip. Just confirming that the lynch happened.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Final votecount - note that the hammering vote was Quidnose's.

Votecount for Day 1

Mayor Glowku (13): TMMadman, flerp, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Infinitum, TMMadman, Anomalous Amalgam, dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000, Li Dawny, CapitalistPig, TMMadman, dongsbot 9000, JakeP, Quidnose, Infinitum, AnonymousNarcotics, Flying Leatherman, Absurd Revolver, Quidnose, Quidnose, Li Dawny, TMMadman, Quidnose, Infinitum, Absurd Revolver, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Li Dawny, Hal Incandenza, Adahn1986, Quidnose
Adahn1986 (2): dongsbot 9000, Anomalous Amalgam, dongsbot 9000, Anomalous Amalgam, Infinitum, SirSamVimes, Infinitum, Infinitum, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Infinitum, SirSamVimes, Truth Quark, Infinitum, Absurd Revolver, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam
Anomalous Amalgam (2): Mayor Glowku, Anomalous Amalgam, flerp, Murmur Twin, Mayor Glowku, Anomalous Amalgam, Mayor Glowku, flerp, flerp, Mayor Glowku, flerp, AnonymousNarcotics, Quidnose, VivaNova, Quidnose, AnonymousNarcotics
CapitalistPig (1): JimsonTheBetrayer
dongsbot 9000 (1): Truth Quark, Mayor Glowku, Truth Quark, Mayor Glowku, Adahn1986, AnonymousNarcotics, Truth Quark, Infinitum, Adahn1986, CapitalistPig, Mayor Glowku, Truth Quark, CapitalistPig, AnonymousNarcotics, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam
SirSamVimes (0): Truth Quark, Infinitum, Truth Quark, Infinitum
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, JakeP, JakeP
Quidnose (0): CapitalistPig, JakeP, JakeP, CapitalistPig, JakeP, JakeP
Flying Leatherman (0): Truth Quark, Truth Quark
JimsonTheBetrayer (0): flerp, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, flerp, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Infinitum (0): Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Adahn1986, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Truth Quark (0): dongsbot 9000, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, dongsbot 9000, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
JakeP (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
AnonymousNarcotics (0): Mayor Glowku, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Mayor Glowku, dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000
Absurd Revolver (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
tpink (0): Truth Quark, Truth Quark
Murmur Twin (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy

Not Voting (4): curiousCat, Moatillata, SirSamVimes, TMMadman, tpink

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 26th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 minute.

Stories of Shine spread from New York City to Chicago fairly quickly, but it wasn't until years later that the city actually began to see a steady supply of the drink. There are plenty of rumors about how it's being made these days - smuggled in by train from a secret Canadian commune, brewed in the basement governor's mansion, or even piped in from New York by way of a secret tunnel. Only a few people in the Outfit know the secret, and they're not breathing a word.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Final Post Counts for Day 1:

pre:
User			Posts
dongsbot 9000 		148
Adahn1986 		131
Infinitum 		102
Truth Quark 		90
Anomalous Amalgam 	80
flerp 			65
Quidnose 		44
Absurd Revolver 	40
Mayor Glowku 		40
TMMadman 		37
King Burgundy 		35
JakeP 			32
CapitalistPig 		28
AnonymousNarcotics 	26
SirSamVimes 		24
Li Dawny 		22
Murmur Twin 		20
JimsonTheBetrayer 	15
Moatillata 		15
tpink 			15
Hal Incandenza 		14
Flying Leatherman 	13
VivaNova 		12
curiousCat 		2
curiousCat will be ON NOTICE for Day 2! If she does not make at least 10 posts on Day 2, she will be FREELY LYNCHABLE on Day 3!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

There's something to be said for the members of the Outfit - while they might be an argumentative bunch without Capone's firm hand guiding them, once they finally reach a consensus they're brutally efficient in carrying it out.

Several thugs drag the accused woman out behind the hideout. While she seems resigned at first, her composure snaps as the guns come out. Her protests, far too late to do any good, are snuffed out with a brief burst of gunfire.

quote:

In the Outfit, you learn plenty fast that it's not just about who you are or how much you kick rear end - it's about how well you pick your battles, and who's got your back.

Maria used to be a nobody - just another rank-and-file member of the Outfit, one of many. She made a name for herself when she distracted a few cops for a good two hours while other Outfit goons robbed a rival gang's warehouse, but that was about all she had going for her. But one day Al Capone himself sent for her - said he had someone that he wanted Maria to meet. Strange-looking lady, definitely foreign - Maria had never seen her around before. But the moment she opened her mouth, Maria's world changed forever.

Maria wouldn't have believed it if she hadn't seen it with her own eyes - such humble ingredients, when combined in the right way, quite literally made miracles happen. Armed with that knowledge and the newfound status it afforded her, Maria was able to squirrel away a bit of Shine for herself - and now it was up to her to figure out where it would be most useful...

Mayor Glowku, aka Martina 'The Siren' Varda, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Brewer} was executed on Day 1!

Night 1 begins now. You have 14 hours from this post to get me any night actions. (Please also let me know if you have a night action and are not using it!) This is a strict limit - if I don't hear from you by that time you will forfeit your night action!

The Outfit will reconvene to continue its discussions between noon and 1 PM EDT tomorrow, 6/27. Be here!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Please get your actions in! If you did not receive acknowledgement of your action submission, please resend the PM. Given that the night phase was mostly during Sunday night, I'm extending deadline till 1 PM EDT, and game should reopen by 2:30 PM EDT.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

A new morning dawned on Chicago, greeted by the chirping of birds as they took over from the chittering of rats that ruled the night. The Outfit's members assembled, one by one, to resume their leadership argument discussion from the prior day.

When a handful of people failed to arrive, their absence was noted with the kind of well-honed fatalistic shrug that life in the Outfit breeds. Whatever happened to them, they're dead meat now. Life goes on.

quote:

Giorgia whipped out a comb, brushing her delicately coiffed hair ever so slightly back into place as she surveyed the motley bunch of miscreants she was nominally overseeing tonight. They grunted and sweated, loading crates of Shine into the back of a truck under her bored eye. A few annoyed mutters of "snooty bitch" and "damned woman" reached her ears as a particularly grimy goon manhandled a crate past her, and a fine crease momentarily formed on her forehead. Sighing and pocketing her comb, she beckoned the mutterer over with a bored wave.

"Is there a problem, sweetheart?"

The thug avoided her eye, shuffling his feet and making noncommittal noises. Giorgia frowned, waving the goon away. A heartbeat later, with a flick of Giorgia's wrist, suddenly the back edge of the comb revealed a shining razor edge, pressed against the hapless goon's Adam's apple. "I said. Is. There. A. Problem. Sweet. Heart." Giorgia's normally-soft voice took on a shockingly dangerous tone as her victim dissolved into frantic apologies and pleas for mercy. After letting him sweat for a few moments, Giorgia released him and waved him back to work while setting about undoing the damage that the mild altercation had wrought upon her hair.

"Sad little people. So easy to keep them focused on my flash and dazzle, and leave them wondering about my second trick they'll never see until it's too late..."

...of course, Giorgia wasn't her real name. Sweet little Lesley Winter had come quite a long way from dancing in Morrow's Pub years ago, and she wasn't about to give up her new life or status for anything.

dongsbot 9000, aka Giorgia 'Two Tricks' Pirillo, aka Lesley Winter, Outfit-Aligned Boss, was filled with lead on Night 1!

quote:

"Sir! How's the inside treating you?" Iceman leaned closer to the vent placed in the visitation room window, surveying the rumpled figure of the former assistant governor of New York - but still current head of the Mafia families in the city - James Moire himself. "Need me to get you some more cigarettes?"

"No. No, I have another request for you. This one will be a bit more complex, but I have the utmost confidence that you will be able to handle it." Moire checked to make sure none of the guards were watching, before slipping a thin roll of paper out of a sleeve and sliding it through the vent. Iceman grabbed it immediately, tucking it back out of sight. "Buy a train ticket to Chicago. Once you get there, call that number. It will be an useful resource."

"Understood, sir. Resource for what?"

Moire afforded himself a thin - and slightly satisfied - smile. "Haven't you heard? Al Capone's out of the picture. This is our chance to take back what we lost here while the Outfit is in shambles. But being as I'm a bit indisposed at the moment, I'll trust you to do what I cannot.

""Now go. Seize the Shine network of Chicago for the Families."

Without another word, Iceman departed, that smile burning itself into his memory. He was firmly resolved - he would wipe them all out in vengeance for his beautiful city's losses and take their precious Shine back, whatever the cost.

Infinitum, aka Kevin 'Iceman' Bexley, New York Families-Aligned Boss, was filled with lead on Night 1!

quote:

There was a time when Zane thought he looked like a real tough customer with a big nasty scar across half of his mug. Living the good life, showing the pretty side to the dames and the dread-inducing eyepatch to the bums that needed to move aside. It was easy livin' - until a certain movie made it into town, by the name of 'The Black Pirate.' And you know what? The swabbie jokes got old real, real fast. Heckled by those he used to lord it over, Zane was a laughingstock - at least until Shine came into town, and he saw a new chance to stand out from the crowd.

Electricity is an amazing thing. There are still folks who remember a time without it, but Zane couldn't imagine what that must have been like. Lights! Power! Machinery! It's not surprising that he gravitated to this particular blend of Shine where others avoided it as 'too dangerous' - the sharp smell of ozone almost never fades from his senses. Electricity was Zane's to wield - and he was going to master it, if it didn't master him first.

JakeP, aka Zane 'One Eye' Harward, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Reckless Night Vigilante}, was filled with lead on Night 1!

Day 2 has begun! Deadline is Tuesday, June 28th, at 10:00 PM EDT.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Final Post Counts for Day 2: (or close enough)

pre:
User			Posts
Adahn1986 		199
Truth Quark 		160
Anomalous Amalgam 	140
Quidnose 		133
King Burgundy 		99
flerp 			91
Absurd Revolver 	71
Li Dawny 		68
CapitalistPig 		61
Moatillata 		57
TMMadman 		54
JimsonTheBetrayer 	48
VivaNova 		46
AnonymousNarcotics 	43
Murmur Twin 		41
tpink 			35
SirSamVimes 		31
Flying Leatherman 	21
Hal Incandenza 		15
Flying Leatherman, Hal Incandenza, and SirSamVimes will be ON NOTICE for Day 3! If they do not make at least 10 posts on Day 3, they will be FREELY LYNCHABLE on Day 4!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

This one was a little more interesting. When they dragged the gangster marked for execution out back, he started begging for mercy and claiming he could introduce them to someone very important. No matter though, mob justice is absolute. With another burst of gunfire, his pleading trailed off into a gurgle - and then silence.

quote:

A narrow-shouldered man wearing a carefully tailored outfit and an even more carefully tailored expression slipped into the back alley hideout, joining a number of others already gathered there. They were embroiled in a quiet argument about something or other - almost certainly completely and utterly pointless.

"Shut up, all of you, and listen close. Capone's out of the picture, and the Outfit will be in chaos until they can figure out his successor. This is our chance at the Shine."

They quieted down immediately, obviously deferring to him. One of them piped up. "What's the plan, boss?"

"I'm SO glad you asked. It's simple enough even you should be able to follow along. Here's what you're going to do..."

With a voice like razor steel wrapped in velvet, Fabio wielded his indisputable authority over his minions with total confidence. His gang never gave him any lip - for fear they might get it bitten off - and that suited him just fine. His nickname didn't come out of nowhere, after all. He was nestled close to the Outfit's chest, biding his time and waiting for the chance to drive his fangs deep into its heart...

curiousCat, aka Fabio 'The Viper' Gattone, North Side Gang-Aligned Boss, was executed on Day 2!

Night 2 begins now. You have until 6/29 3:00 PM EDT to get me your night actions. (Please let me know if you're foregoing your action too!) No extensions this time - if I don't hear from you by then, you will forego your night action.

The Outfit will resume its leadership struggles tomorrow by 4:30 PM EDT tomorrow, 6/29. You'd be a sucker to miss it!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Hey folks, thread will open a bit late today - real life got rather annoyingly in the way. Uncertain as to exactly when but it'll be sometime before 8 PM or so! Apologies for the delay.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

After how many people had gone missing already, the Outfit assembled with a bit more caution than before. Death was a natural part of life for thugs like them, but people didn't much like seeing their buddies drop like flies - especially without knowing who was doing the deed. Even in the bloodiest turf wars, the other guy was usually nice enough to stash the bodies somewhere noticeable for their pals to find. This situation is on a whole new level.

Eh. Enough navel-gazing. You've got another day ahead of you. Better get to it!

quote:

God's most awful creation must have been the stogie. Foul crumpled things, hanging in the corner of everyone's mouths like a dead worm. Gomberto had no idea how people claimed to actually enjoy them, or any other kind of tobacco. Rotten teeth and stained faces, that was all they got you. Now Shine, that was some good clean stuff - and powerful too! Barely even leaves you with a hangover, no matter how long you stay on a bender. Gomberto had to admit that he perhaps liked Shine a bit more than most of the others - after all, the particular blend he got his hands on was a subtle thing, but plenty fun to mess around with. Shame he could never hold onto any kind of personal stockpile for too long, thanks to that.

As for what exactly his Shine blend of choice was? Nobody ever realizes how long people's possessions stick around, accumulating history (and dust) over the years. But it's not just people that have stories to tell - with a bit of Shine, the most humble knickknacks can reveal the most mind-boggling things about their owners...

King Burgundy, aka Gomberto 'No Cigar' Li Vecchi, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Cop}, was filled with lead on Night 2!

quote:

"You know, all it takes is one freak event, one flap of a butterfly's drat wings halfway across the world, and that's it. You're done, stuck for life. All those dreams you had? Poof, gone. Beautiful women? Forget it. Endless Shine to drink? Fat chance. Rising up the ranks of the Outfit and showing everyone what I'm capable of? Ain't happenin'. All because of... one... drat... thing."

"drat Mac, you get a couple of drinks in you and hell if you can't shut up about that one time you accidentally stepped on Torrio's hat and he popped you one in the face."

"Would you shut up? It might have been one little punch to you, but that cruel blow shattered everything I had hoped for and turned me into a two-bit laughingstock!"

"Oh for God's sakes, Mac. It's only pointing a LITTLE bit to the left, it's not that bad."

TMMadman, aka Macario 'The Chin' Vivolo, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup, was filled with lead on Night 2!

Day 3 has begun! Deadline is Friday, July 1st, at 8:00 PM EDT.

Bit of a longer day this time in anticipation of the holiday weekend coming up.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Final Post Counts for Day 3:

pre:
User			Posts
Adahn1986 		278
Truth Quark 		241
Anomalous Amalgam 	222
Quidnose 		206
Moatillata 		139
JimsonTheBetrayer 	138
flerp 			130
CapitalistPig 		90
Absurd Revolver 	85
Li Dawny 		72
VivaNova 		56
Murmur Twin 		55
AnonymousNarcotics 	46
SirSamVimes 		37
Flying Leatherman 	21
Hal Incandenza 		21
Because you lynched early nobody new will get warned today, but Flying Leatherman, Hal Incandenza, and SirSamVimes are still ON NOTICE for Day 4! If they do not make at least 10 posts on Day 4, they will be FREELY LYNCHABLE on Day 5!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

He had always been a bit of a jumpy oddball - not surprising, given his name. But when the boys dragged him out back, he was oddly quiet and still, staring each of them in the eye. The look was like nothing they'd ever seen out of him before - steely and sharp, like a dagger aimed at each of their hearts and ready to kill.

They shot him dead anyhow, of course.

quote:

Ronnie loved to dig through whatever he could get his hands on. Paperwork, wallets, purses, trash cans. Always kept jumping at every little sound, looking over his shoulder. Twitchy little bastard, they called him. They figured him for harmless, and ignored him. Which, happily, was exactly what he wanted.

In the end, all it took was one little drink, and people's minds were the easiest thing in the world to rifle through. But Ronnie knew to tread carefully - in this city, knowing someone's secrets could be dangerous - especially when you've got big secrets of your own...

tpink, aka Ronaldo 'The Rabbit' Perini, North Side Gang-Aligned Vanilla {Rolecop}, was executed on Day 3!

Night 3 begins now. You have ~15 hours from this post (before 7/2 3:00 PM EDT) to get me your night actions. (Please let me know if you're foregoing your action too!)

The Outfit will resume its slapfight extremely serious deliberations tomorrow (7/2) by 4:30 PM EDT. Get ready for the fireworks!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Sorry folks, thread opening will be delayed a bit - I'm stuck at work on my day off. Will get stuff processed and reopened ASAP.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

The morning came along in a rush - as if the universe itself was ready to just get on with it. And get on with it you shall!

quote:

Most people hate rats. Creepy little bastards, twitching their noses and blinking their little beady eyes. You, on the other hand, have a different perspective. You see, they hear everything that goes on in Chicago, and all it takes is one drink to find out everything they know...

Absurd Revolver, aka Dione 'Oddfather' Ciminera, Outfit-Aligned Vanilla {Spymaster}, was filled with lead on Night 3!

quote:

Women in the Outfit had it tougher than men, that much was obvious. But Cleo had never been one to let the obvious things get her down. After all, more often than not success or failure just came down to making the right choice. And making choices was something Cleo never had a problem with.

"Would you put that coin away, girl? You're driving me nuts tossing that thing around!"

Cleo scoffed at the other lookout, flipping her worn silver dollar across each knuckle on her right hand before sending it spinning into the air. It spun gracefully for a moment, catching the sun with a brilliant flash before she snatched it with her other hand, giving it a quick polish on her ragged shirt. Sure, when she joined the Outfit, that silver dollar might have been all she had to her name - but nowadays, it was her best shot at making a name for herself, and hadn't steered her wrong yet when she needed a quick decision.

"Hey, you two! Quit your bickering and do a quick patrol around the warehouse while the others take care of business inside. Split up and make it snappy, I got a funny feeling about this place!" Speaking of decisions. One quick coin flip later, Cleo went one way and her fellow lookout went the other - but when gunfire erupted from the opposite side of the warehouse, Cleo nodded to herself in satisfaction, patted her precious coin, and fled into the alleys.

As she ran, she murmured to herself. "I've got the luck, I've got the looks - all I need now is a good chance, and I can finally make it big!"

Adahn1986, aka Cleo 'Silver Dollar' Purdom, Outfit-Aligned 1-Shot Universal Shine Backup, was filled with lead on Night 3!

Day 4 has begun! Deadline is Monday, July 4th, at 8:00 PM EDT.
Deadline extended as I'm working Sunday morning starting at 7 ahahaha kill me now hopefully going to be out all Sunday night for the holiday.

Podima fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 2, 2016

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Final Post Counts for Day 4:

pre:
User			Posts
Truth Quark 		271
Anomalous Amalgam 	263
Quidnose 		244
Moatillata 		181
JimsonTheBetrayer 	170
flerp 			160
CapitalistPig 		98
VivaNova 		85
Li Dawny 		73
Murmur Twin 		68
SirSamVimes 		58
Hal Incandenza 		35
Flying Leatherman 	33
CapitalistPig and Li Dawny did not make at least 10 posts today and are ON NOTICE! If they do not make at least 10 posts on Day 5, they will be FREELY LYNCHABLE on Day 6!

• Locked thread