Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Also nobody make mistakes except the two scum teams please.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

How do you know there are two teams scumbo?

Turbo this scum D1 pls

Podima told me in the mason doc

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
We're all confirmed scum masons in the mason doc btw

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'll probably roll scum with squidnose and we will be the boring scum team together this time.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
My first game with Quid was Kash's Splatoon game and I am never letting imgay's new name for Quid die.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Where game

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Confirming I am the coolest town player

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Oh yeah I forgot ##vote dipshit mcgee

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Yeah I looooooove to self vote.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

dongsbot 9000 posted:

##vote truth quark

wow nice omgus

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Jimson

I feel like this will save a lot of trouble down the road.

Whoa is joke phase over already

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Absurd Revolver posted:

my powers are great and terrible

until i run out of shine d2 and am useless for the rest of the game

Am I the only one terrified of the prospect of AR with a strong power(s)?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I thought it was the third person?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Whoa thats a lot of new posts how will anyone know the context behind my content-filled post now

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

dongsbot 9000 posted:

but my friend flerp is third so i had to make a new saying and go back in time to make it a catchphrase to lynch adahn1986

ok thats fair

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote TMM it rhymes with vote

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Can we just turbo AR D1 I'd be ok with this unironically.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Mayor Glowku posted:

I say we turbo the person trying to turbo

/g /g

I would be willing to die on the altar of turbo'ing AR.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
If we don't do it now we'll spend the whole game going "well he's said some super scummy poo poo maybe we should lynch him now?" I'm just trying to save us the headache.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote Mayor Scumku

Got em

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
OK LADIES AND GENTLEMENT LETS PLAY A CONTENT GAME

Who is your favorite overwatch character and why?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

SirSamVimes posted:

Junkrat and if you need me to explain why you're scum.

You're clearly scum ##vote SSV

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

I'm off to do some groceries, but when I come back I have some very unfortunate news for FOUR of you!

Oh no an INFINITUM GAMBIT GET READY BOYS

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Why would there be multiple town-aligned bosses that's stupid.

Today better be one of Infinitum/dongs imo, and my money is on songs.

Also we really should be careful with that ability because trading three townies for one scum is not worth.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Money is on dongs thx phone

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Well bosses sound like a particularly important mechanic so I'm glad we have two of them outed already.

HEY INFINITUM, IF dongs is right and it is possible for there to be multiple town-aligned bosses, why did you out another town player as a lynch candidate? Why is it worth killing not scum today?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##unvote since its obviously not mayor scumku.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Dongs is claiming to be a boss with the same power as you buddy

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm trying to make sense of the claims you guys are making, I feel like you can shed more light on whether dongs is FULL OF poo poo or not than you are currently providing Inf.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Yeah I am too but I would rather hear it from you, who has read your own role PM.

Not asking you to claim anything just asking you to confirm it. ##vote dipshit mcgee

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

dongsbot 9000 posted:

one of podima's explicit design policies for shine i was to prevent mechanics lynching by messing w/ setup spec and i cant believe there r people dumb enough to go "oh no the role is called BOSS guess that means theres only 1, the unforced day 1 claim by dongsbot 9000, the best mafia player in the whole world, must mean he's scum"

You're not wrong, it would have to be a hell of a gambit for you to be scum.

You're saying that we have multiple town aligned players who objective is to get other town aligned players killed. I am finding that hard to believe.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Can we kill CPig for trying to extend joke phase?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##unvote starting to see what other people are saying now

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Adahn you sure swapped fast between these two posts

Adahn1986 posted:

I'm vacillating like a madman here but after reading infin and the OP a few times, unless infin is jerking us around and misreading the results dongs is actually claiming to be a scum godfather.

If infin finds a list of bosses that is "trying to take over the outfit" then one of them MUST be a scum godfather. Gonna withhold my vote and let others weigh in, but if we're wrong on this dongs is gonna get doctored every night and we're gonna kick ourselves for being duped.

Adahn1986 posted:

Setup spec? He didn't claim to be a boss himself, it's only because of dongs that we know he is one. By saying he can find scum godfathers, we can't investigate his claims and prove any of them innocent.

Now we know he's a boss, and that he told a few lies to get this ball rolling. Dongs coming out saves unnecessary (potential) town lynches (SSV, glowku, AR) which is a super townie move.

There are a lot of scummy smells coming from infin now because of dongs. Maybe I'm misreading, though. What's your interpretation besides OMGUS ##vote

Adahn seems to be organically thinking things through and just posting his thoughts as they come up. I do this to. I read him as town.

piggy posted:

there are x # of players who are bosses in this game. i believe there can be town-aligned bosses, scum-aligned bosses, and itd be weird, but maybe even a 3p boss.

I feel like the nature of a "boss" precludes the existence of multiple bosses on one team, we should be looking very closely at Infinitum and dongsbot because one of them is probably scum.

Now to go back and re-read Inf's original claim.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Li Dawny posted:

I investigated Imgay last night and got scum.

Would be hard since imgay is not in this game

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Ok so re-reading the way Inf presented his claim, it does seem a bit off. First, his initial post doesn't mention anything other than his snoop ability. He presents it as if he found a list with at least ONE non-town aligned player. Dongsbot claims his ability has the same name and only finds rival bosses to himself (am I reading that right?). So, right off the bat Inf is misrepresenting his ability as some kind of multi-cop thing.

Infinitum posted:

Basically says a bunch of rival families are trying to muscle their way into Capone's turf now that he's been locked up.

The way it's worded is that I return results on Bosses only. So I can likely only find the Godfather of the scum team, and if there are any 3P Bosses like a Masonry.

Again, if we assume dongs is telling the truth, then this post misrepresents what this ability actually does. It's still possible that, if Inf is a town boss, then he just interpreted his ability as finding anti-town bosses, but that would require that he know there are no duplicate bosses. Not to mention, Inf immediately assumes that the scum boss has to be a godfather. Its not a HUGE leap of logic to assume that, but its there.

Its also interesting to note that both dongs and Inf have posited the existence of 3p bosses. I think they know more that we aren't being told.

Interested to hear others thoughts on Inf. Going to do a re-read of dongs next.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Adahn1986 posted:

Also, dongs coming out is insanely risky. In a shine game like this one of the scum teams might have an assassin.

How do you know there are multiple scum teams?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Ok here comes the dongsbutt read

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i snooped absurd, adahn, aa, an, cpig, ccat and got positive result too

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i was going to use my alternative boss power to kill infi but then i thought about it and infi is probably another outfit-aligned boss

First obviously non-joke posts after Inf presents his results. Also the first post where dongs claims there can be multiple outfit-aligned bosses. This doesn't read to me as a town reaction, because if I had a specific role as town that another player was claiming my first instinct would be to counterclaim them, not make excuses for why there might be two.

Also he's calling people dumb who put forward perfectly reasonable ideas, which is scum 101.

Here's one question I have

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i think the role pm is pushing us to think that way (must kill other bosses) for sick lols but i think the purpose in game balance is to put power roles into the game with a disguised backup system

If you think bosses are some kind of elaborate backup system, presumably your PM indicates what kind of powers you can gain when you "level up"?

Of the two (inf and dongs), I have a stronger scum ping on dongs, but its not by much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i am not a slave to my instinct like u, fool

lol you only play by instinct, dont try this poo poo with me

• Locked thread