Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

we're all drinking aviation gin negronis boys

Gin is gross

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I'm not sure, let me ask my fiancÚ, he loves gin.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

what gins have you had

Nolettes, Hendricks, Prairie, and a small batch old Tom gin

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I think Dongs would have to send me a message saying 'I am scum, it's alright to vote for me' before I would. And I'm pretty close to the same with AR. They're both really good players who I try and emulate to a certain extent. Glowku hasn't been playing much so I'm not sure how to interpret his actions, and SSV has heavy lurked in multiple games recently. However, I don't remember Infinitum being helpful in any game I've played with him, so I'm not sure if he's being truthful or trying to pull some insane gambit hoping that us townies never catch on.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I apologize if I offended you.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I investigated Imgay last night and got scum.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Li Dawny posted:

I investigated Imgay last night and got scum.

Ugh, I need more sleep. Ignore this.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

I definitely don't want infin turboed while he's gone, but of the two bosses I see dongbot's play as way more town than infin's. If he were a town boss he probably wouldn't have come right out, knowing that godfathers investigate as town and his actions will likely result in mislynches.

But if he were scum he'd assume the town boss would CC. This is the problem with WIFOM

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Why does anyone ever play Mafia sober?

Does anyone ever play mafia sober? This must be what I'm missing.

I play sober constantly, I think I've drunk posted once or twice but no one picked up on it because I'm pretty well in control when I drink. If I start to get too loopy the mr. takes my phone because I have a tendency to drunk dial my sister.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Making one post for my finishing catching up, how did you post so much while I slept? Anyway, I'm always down for an Adahn lynch, and this case is pretty enticing, because I've played as scum with him and he buckles down on previous statements like they're law when there's pressure on him...and that's what I see right now.

Reading more

AN does have a point that this looks a bit like a town slap fight, and we do have 9 hours, so is voting absolutely necessary right now? It's still so early that most people haven't checked in. I mean, I understand Infi voting because he's probably going to bed soon (sleep well!) and needs to put forth what he can before the deadline (which he may not be up for) but why are there still so many votes out without actual cases to support them? That's what's suspicious to me.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

http://tindeck.com/listen/wghdi

spitting some morning bars for all ya'll

That was awesome

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, we need to all figure out who we are/are not willing to vote today because I'm having genuine concern over if we're going to get a lynch in today.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I could actually see Glowku being scum with his rush in and disappear tactic, which we all agree is scum 101, but I don't know if we can get a drive behind it. I'm putting out my feels vote ##vote Glowku but I am concerned over wether lynching him is possible with how lurky people have been so far.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I am also loved! Because "an event occurred"

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

Well I was part of the shine lottery and while it doesn't explicitly say "loved" I guess you can interpret this that way.

Is whatever person you picked loved? Any of the lottery claimed for that matter, did your picks turn out loved?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

actually yes, i picked you

we cracked the case guys

anyone who was in the lottery had a choice, to pick another player to sponsor or something

i picked li dawny for that and apparently she got loved because of it

Aww, ilu2 AR

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Truth Quark posted:

How about one of you dorks unvote and we wait to see if Glowku comes back to claim or something?

Okay

##unvote

I'll give him until -15, then my vote goes back.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

curiousCat posted:

Hi I'm alive sorry about that I see there are 853 posts I haven't read yet so I'm going to do that seeya'll in like two hours or so

There's only an hour until deadline.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Why not just vote infinitum over Adahn if we're trusting in Adahn?

idgi

##vote infinitum

He seems a bit too antagonistic, and not in a way that seems town.

Now that you mention it he was a lot like this in Zoinks when he was gf.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

TMMadman posted:

Ugh, I think our only options right now are Glowku or no lynch.

I think so too, even if I don't know if it's a great idea to lynch him. On the other hand, if we do lynch Glowku we have Adahn as universal back up and who knows who else, so we'd only lose one night of shine (assuming Glowku is the only distributer)

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

##vote Glowku I'm not sure what his role is but we have at least one person who can snag it (maybe two people should if this gets Adahn killed) and that makes me unsure if his alignment.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Li Dawny

LD, in order:

(a) puts out Adahn as a scum read
(b) agrees with ANarc that Infi (!) / Adahn (?) is a town slapfight
(c) questions why there are so many votes out without cases (while excusing Infi for it)

then..

(d) without making any cases, frets that we might not get a lynch before deadline
(e) moves to Glowku with a sort of resignation

LD - what's your read on Adahn right now? If you thought he was acting consistent with his scum game, why didn't you case him instead of moving to Glowku?

I didn't case Adahn because there weren't even enough active players to pull off a lynch on Adahn, so what was the point? So that today you could say that I supported Infi's arguments so I must be his scumbro? I know that's what you're reaching for with my early votes comment, when I only excused Infi from it because of his living on the other side of the globe. And after all the crap that went down last night I'm not sure on Adahn anymore, would Infi bus a scumbro like that, or maybe one of them (Adahn/Infi) is 3p, because any line of thought concerning Infi and Adahn is WIFOM af. Adahn on his own is behaving pretty scummy, or was yesterday (day 1), but I can only meta argue that and the last time I did Adahn was rather rude, so I won't do it again.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Flying Leatherman posted:

I started looking at Li Dawny after reading MMT's post, and something jumped out at me while I was reading.

This happened in the space of slightly over two hours and one page. It feels manufactured, being over that short of a timeframe. I don't see anything in the intervening posts that would make it that much more important to get votes consolidated and get a train rolling.

##vote Li Dawny

I had assumed people were going to weigh in, which didn't really happen, so I got concerned. Why is that so hard to imagine? I wanted a conversation started, not votes put up. After watching Quid and KB fight I'm pretty sure they're both town. Scum usually, from my experience, don't slap fight that hard.

Quidnose posted:

But we don't know how Podima handed out the roles, he could have distributed three cops or something.

In response to this, everyone who's claimed to have been a part of the lottery seems to have gotten the role that they chose, unless I'm missing something. So maybe we shouldn't assume that all of the roles on the list exist or that there's only one of them. Not saying you are, but just thinking about it.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

This really stood out for me too. LI DAWNY dancing from GUYS WE GOT TIME RELAX to OH poo poo WE GOTTA LYNCH BEFORE DEADLINE WHAT'RE WE GONNA DO?!

Again, I was eating conversation in the time leading up to the deadline, there was none. I didn't say "holy poo poo vote now!!" I said, "we need to talk about who we will/won't vote" I don't see how saying "we don't need to turbo" and following it with "we do need to discuss who we want to vote" is contradictory.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

It seems odd to me that in the space of two hours you suddenly discovered a pressing need to get lynch discussion started after being so disconcerted by having votes on the board. Even the initial concern seems weird, because it's not like we were in the middle of a turbo or something.

If you're trying to discuss who to lynch, at least in my experience, votes tend to happen as part of that process, so what you're saying here doesn't make sense to me either.

Just because you're talking about who is/isn't scum doesn't mean you're going to vote them immediately. And sometimes it takes six hours to get even close to a consensus, which is why I wanted to have the conversation starting. The votes that were applied before the conversation were weakly supported (at best) and we were getting kinda close to a turbo(not immediately a threat when I posted it, but would have been an easy push had scum tried). You can lynch me for trying to prevent a turbo so that we had time to scum hunt, but that's a pretty dumb reason.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

If I'm reading the thread right, at the time, Adahn had 3 votes on him, which was L-10

Right, and if we we do even the lightest of set up spec (which I don't usually do but fine) there are around six scum total (on average scum makes up about 1/4 of the player population) which could have put him as far as -4. And if a few scum made decent case posts grabbing an extra four townies as we approach the deadline isn't unreasonable. That's why I believe in conversation before voting, which is what I was trying to get across.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

The problem is you didn't say oh hey lets discuss who we are lynching you said

Bolding is mine.

You were explicitely avoiding the obvious intent which was to say WHO WE GONNA LYNCH in a really obvious MoJoJo-esque way. Like this is way to many words to say hey who we voting? Almost seems like your trying to avoid coming right out and saying it so you can later fall back on an argument of BUT GUYS I WAS ONLY TRYING TO GOOD MAFIA.

So, basically eloquence=scum? I mean, you could probably argue that all of my posts, minus a few obvious if poorly executed jokes, have far too many words in them. I'm wordy, I'm sorry, but it's how I type. This is probably one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever seen and you once asked me to provide a screen shot to prove that my phone was dying.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

tpink posted:

I love this idea of the world's most coordinated and dumbest scum team where ALL OF THEM quickly jump on a -10 vote to bring it to a -4. :allears:

It would have made sense in the context of approaching deadline.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

In what universe are all 6 or however many of the scum, especially when they may or may not even be on the same team (speculation), going to make a coordinated jump like that on day one? Also, why would everyone already on Adahn at that time necessarily have to be town?

Preview edit:

Basically, what he said

Okay so I was working off of worst case scenario, but I think that's the best way to play Mafia.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Ar why is Lil D not scum? Is this because she is your chosen?

It's because I'm not scum.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I have no real incentive to reread or case anyone else at this point because I spent a lot of time on my KB case and it has either been dismissed without comment or ignored.

##vote Li Dawny

Coordinate who I should instruct assassins to kill in the night or whatever, I'm probably dead tomorrow.

So, you don't feel like playing, or arguing with me which you seem to want to do in every game that we're town, so you just vote me.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I am not even engaging with you? I like the case on you, I think people have made a lot of good points, and I think you are playing p. scummy.

I am not sure how I am not wanting to argue with you, why is this even being brought up. Do I need to engage you first in order to find you scummy and vote you :confused:

You have an opinion on everything, as can be seen in the KB case you made, but for this you suddenly don't? Just a me too, and call it a day?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I mean do you think I'm scum, Li? Am I acting scummy here? Why are you pushing this? I am allowed to be annoyed that people ignored my case and vote for you because I like that case, aren't I? Or are you insinuating that I am scum?

I'm not saying your scum, I'm saying that it's a bad vote and it's not like you, so it colors my opinions a bit. With your previous casing I see you as town still, but this isn't a town play.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I am 100% confirmed town. It is a town play because I, as town, am doing it.

It might be a bad and lazy play, but you trying to frame it as a scum play confirms to me that you are scum.

Same reason I had a negative reaction to KB doing it as well, same side of the mouth thing.

Have you never heard of playing against your win condition? I'm not saying you are in general, but I am saying that this post is. Scum aren't the only people who can make scummy posts, that's basically how Disney ended the way it did.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

What I want to know is why Li Dawny feels the need to over engage Quidad of all people? When she could just ignore him and coast on the fact that they usually get ignored cuz they r mafia dad.

Like legit my argument and AR's got a quick one paragraph rebuttal but quidad is getting the whole of her wrath.

You know why I don't engage you Jimson? Because you're useless to engage. You make arguments based on how many words people use and if their phone is 'really' dying or if they're trying to 'buy time'. I don't like you on a personal level and if I could retroactively go back and never join a game you were in, I would. I don't want to spend my time defending my word choice or some other random play style choice that you've decided is scummy because you say so.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

So basically you have time to argue with me over semantics, but not time to actually comment on or form a case on me of your own.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Li Dawny posted:

So basically you have time to argue with me over semantics, but not time to actually comment on or form a case on me of your own.

This is how scum wins guys. They get you to a point where you don't care anymore, so you make a call without putting in the critical thought required, then people go 'ct, must be right' just like Ferngully.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

tpink posted:

See, I actually have the opposite view and this is also what's pinging me about LD now - I've been in other games where she was scum and her posting here feels more similar to those games than her town play. It's not enough for me to place a vote on her just yet because I have mixed feelings about meta votes in general, but it's another point of information for me.

LD appearing to suggest that Quid may be scum because he's going after is also REALLY not helping her case.

I never called him scum, I specifically said he wasn't scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

Ok, so did a re-read of Dawny.

She's playing an extremely passive game. Her interest is basically in avoiding notice and ensuring that lynches happen properly.

She hasn't cased anyone or thrown out hard opinions. When heat started building on her she became defensive and started attacking confirmed town.

She continues to withhold all of her opinions on other players, and refused to answer Quid (perhaps others?) when questioned about who she thinks is scum, how scummy/townie someone is, etc.

This is Dawny's scum game.

##vote Li Dawny

I seem to remember you saying the exact same thing in Ferngully. How did that work out for you?

• Locked thread