Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

aa plz ill just stick to shitposting so you can get your easy lynches off and win your scum game you dont need to worry ur pretty little head about me

lol I'm hardly a poo poo poster and not scun, this post is sickeningly bad dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

VivaNova posted:

This isn't really true?
Initially he's skeptical

but then reverses and goes back to voting AN. Only 18 mins later.

Yeah, I think he was faking content. I really don't buy his thought process, and that is pretty much true. He honed in on her pretty much the entire game calling her scum. I mean, how is that just skepticism?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I doubt it, but it's not impossible

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

So either Viva has me on ignore or she is frantically trying to figure out what to claim and what she did each night before posting her ~~shine~~~ role

lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
looooll

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Li Dawny posted:

I think SSV got it from AR, he was spymaster wasn't he? Also, I'm not totally understanding the Jimson push, could someone Barney style it for me?

There's a liar between Jimson and MMT.

Jimson claims rolecop (3rd rolecop this game...) and MMT claims doctor.

Jimson claims MMT is a backup.

What doctor has flipped?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think Jimson is full of poo poo FWIW.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

I mean. If Jimson isn't full of poo poo. Then MMT is, and if they both aren't full of poo poo. Oh wait. lol there's something that makes this very interesting involving flerp.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

started with 2 shine, moat gave me another :cheerdoge:

n1 - quid to jimson
n2 - nothing
n3 - me to jimson
n4 - hal to jimson

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Ugh fine. Ill claim

I am a role cop. I got it from the lottery I guess. Idk podog messaged me and was like LOL PICK A ROLE so I said I wanted 2 be a role cop. I got 1 shine for the shine gods.

D1 I investigated Kb so you can imagine why I wouldn't wanna claim it then. And after d2.

Somewhere in here I got shine. Not sure who from... Maybe one of the redirected flerp put on me?

D2 I investigated Mmt and she came up Shine Back up.

Somewhere in here would have to be N1. So that N2 he could investigate MMT.

MMT doctored Quid N2.

She couldn't have been a back up if she doctored quid, and with no redirection from flerp on MMT... or any action at all N2. Unless there's a second redirector... that leaves us with Jimson as a liar.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Although the big liar with egg on their face could be MMT. Claiming to be a doctor with 1 shine and taking an action on a night that would be mostly uncontested.

Which of the two seem more like a gambit?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Although the big liar with egg on their face could be MMT. Claiming to be a doctor with 1 shine and taking an action on a night that would be mostly uncontested.

Which of the two seem more like a gambit?

MMT is trying to make this a content game now. I mean the game should be played on content, but... that go back and reread business pings me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It's a gutfeel, but I think MMT is the liar here.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Also your last effort post you places jimson as a "derp lord of the scum" and mmt as town leaning and then you decide to side with jimson when we have someone caught in a lie here?

:psypop:

Here's something.

Jimson has been on two non-outfit aligned votes, and MMT has been on? none.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Went back to check over the notebook, and his content in general, and what's there seems genuine. He was vocal and around for the lynching of two non-outfit when if he was scum, it would make sense for him to not do this very thing.

I think MMT is the scum.

##vote MMT

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

That argument willfully ignores the fact that I was casing tpink and that the only reason I didn't vote him was that it was early in the game day.

Eh, I took a glance. I'm not hovering over my keyboard like a slavering beast trying to actively manipulate.

All I know is, you spent two game days voting for me. A claimed, Vanilla, Shine Cop when actual scum were getting voted out.

You can case all you want, but your conviction was elsewhere.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm not opposed to lynching Jimson. If he flips town, we know who scum is. If he's scum, we caught a scum by their own admission so it's a win-win.

However if he is town. Then I'm most suspicious of Pig and of course MMT.

##vote Jimson

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

I will post so I get 10 posts today in case I don't get to post again before he is lynched.

lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Listen. One of us is scum no matter what we got caught in a possible lie so it really doesnt matter who you lynch. I just say lynch mmt first cuz you can always swoop back around and get me again. But how often are you gonna get traction on mmt?

Well I was holding out for you, but this post seems scummy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Also if we lynch doc, scum nk then I think that may be game

Not game. That'd more than likely would put us at mylo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Not game. That'd more than likely would put us at mylo.

Actually we should have at least 2 more days.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
We assume they are solo. Also 4 scum is far too few for a game of this size. 2 to 3 left.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

This is what I am getting at. With 3 scum that means town loses majority if we mislynch right now. We should not rush this or think we can just lynch to test poo poo out

There are 11 alive how do we lose majority.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

AA was the only person trying to get the vote onto MMT yesterday.

This is true, and I went back and voted Jimson. I admitted to it being a gutfeel on MMT.

I've been on all the boss and scum lynches. I wouldn't do that even for town cred.

However, at this point a misslynch is bad. I feel worst about flerp and Pig.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My top 3 picks are flerp, SSV or Pig.

I really don't like flerp's reactions to some pressure on the last game day.

SSV's claim seems suspicious and at that, their play seems to be a bit less than genuine in my opinion.

I've voiced my opinion on Pig. I was mistaken when I thought he was bussing, but it doesn't change the fact that he tunneled ANarc and has more or less vanished since her flip.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Did we ever figure out a fourth action?

We have a redirect, and 2 NKs, spymaster is excluded. So what would the fourth action be? At this point, it doesn't seem like anyone has any shine left. I suppose it could be an undisclosed scum move, but I can't imagine what or who it would be used on.

Additionally, it just seems like a convenient claim to make when you can get the information from Podima's posts and no one can really attest to it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

speculation of night actions is sincerely not worth our time

Actually it is in this case, because I think SSV is lying. I don't think there was a fourth action and I think Spymaster is a convenient claim.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

so wait your saying that ssv would fake claim as spymaster while it can be counterclaimed by another shine backup saying they already got the role/were too slow to get the role.

not only that, you think ssv would then say that there were four actions as spymaster when they can only guess how many actions will go on night. which can be p easily figured out because we know there are two actions and require 3+ townies to just say we had actions.

and your saying that ssv would do that OVER just saying they were universal shine backup and chose not to take the spymaster role because its not very useful.

also, you dont consider that there could possibly be universal shine backups for scum as well.

I'm having trouble parsing your points. They don't come across very clearly, and you kind of paint a picture where SSV could still be scum even if they did take spymaster... I've bolded that bit for you.

I'd like you to elaborate on your second and fourth point, because I honestly am having trouble trying to understand what you're getting at.

I mean I said what I said, what was unclear about it? Where as most of your post in defense of SSV is not only unclear, but seems too much on the side of disbelief. Seems like a really contrived act more than anything.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
FL if you're a godfather... I'm going to be so pissed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh there is probably another scum, provided we lynch correctly today.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

Has anyone flipped anything other than Vanilla {Shine role} or USB? While TQ is a clear exception I feel like it'd be weird for there to be one other non-vanilla.

Not that I'm aware of. I'm fine voting out pig today. My reads have mostly been poo poo, but he pinged me on more than one occasion this game. Still feel ways about flerp and ssv, but eh.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote CapitalistPig

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
You lynch me today, scum win. On phone and preparing to go do a thing, but my bet is on flerp.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
No matter what, we shouldn't turbo through the day that much I can guarantee. Otherwise scum win. This is the end.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ok maybe I was wrong about this being mylo. I do think there were at least 6 scum in this game though. I am honestly, not the scum. I wouldn't be surprised if MMT was scum with Jimson and Pig.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Is your bet flerp or mmt? You are kind of all over the place here. Why flerp?

flerp because of their reactions to any kind of pressure at all. It's overly dramatic, and seemed like artificial anger when there was nothing to "flip out" about, so to speak.

MMT because its an unverifiable claim. I get that no one can say for sure about mine either, but it's incredibly convenient. Also if either one of her or Jimson flipped scum that day, we'd have given the other a pass. It seems to me like its not improbable that they'd distance themselves from one another, and establishing the contradicting claims like 5 minutes apart seems like a smart gambit to try and get town on one of their sides. Like I know Jimson does silly things, but that would have been intentional sabotage.

I think they gamed the town, if it's truly not flerp.

FL I copped and unless there's still a godfather in this game, and it's him, then he's town.

If we truly aren't at MYLO, then I'm fine dying today to prove my reads as genuine. At first I was reluctant and adamantly believed this would be it, but yeah.

##vote MMT

I think her and jimson gamed us hard.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Ok a night of mulling it over and reading responses leaves me with this.

##vote AA

Also something that I found interesting about mindset:

This is in response to:

My above post was stating that I believed the adahn breadcrumb but worried that scum may have hosed with it and we couldnt trust the results.

AAs response to that is that I am scum. Why? Because in AAs mind scums job is to muddy the waters and cast doubt on things that should seem simple or cut and dry.

Interesting. My read of this?

He tries to take a simple situation (jimson tries to get mmt lynched) and makes it waaaay more complicated than it should be. Makes a whole conspiracy out of it when simply put if jimson had gotten mmt lynched it and she flipped town

1. We would be on lylo right now

2. Town would lose a solid ally and jimson could start working on his next target.

3. We would lose another day lynching jimson and scum would get a nk

This is just as good an outcome for scum as the whole mmt jimson long con. Also re reading really alleviated those suspicions for me.

You're wrong here pal.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Flying Leatherman posted:

So as far as this jimson/mmt theory goes I'm not convinced; I went back and read a bit of that day, and I don't think there was really a ton of suspicion on MMT at the time. Jimson's "case" was so weak and I feel like a scum/scum fight would have been better thought out. It just feels like a mediocre fakeclaim from Jimson.

I also took some time and read the evolution of AA's opinions late that day from voting Jimson to voting MMT and it is the most fake sounding thing I have ever read. I don't know how this post comes from a town perspective and I actually mentioned that later in the day - there wasn't any content surrounding his votes on scum at all.

flerp's posts feel more honest to me. I would rather vote AA today; I think he's the most likely to be scum tonight.

Even so, you think I would systematically vote out all of my teammates on the off chance the cop gets kept alive?

I'm alive because scum want me alive for this very reason. The reasoning that I must be scum because I'm not dead is flawed and relies on scum playing some binary game where if x criteria is met then y event must happen, where in all actuality, keeping me alive is beneficial to them because it increases the odds of a mislynch in lylo.

I've been honest and open about my role and my opinions regarding the game.

I used my only shine N1 to cop FL.

I will be so pissed if I copped the godfather, but I honestly think MMT is more likely, because the play involving Jimson truly makes little to no sense. It seems like a gambit that doesnt require a lot of orchestration it just needs to be believable enough which they were.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Jimson voted off all his teammates? All you need to do is make it to lylo with the votes. Nobody is saying that you're scum because you're still alive. At least that's not my reasoning.

Well, if you're truly town, you'll need to scrutinize anyone pushing for my flip today tomorrow, because I guarantee you I'm town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SirSamVimes posted:

Woah I woke up and now it's 5 hours til deadline.

Why even say this? "I guarantee you I'm town" means nothing.

In the event of my flip. Also actually contribute something, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If we're not at lylo then hammer me. I don't think I'll be able to convince you all otherwise.

• Locked thread