Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I never saw this was open! Sign me up please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mayor Glowku posted:

Make TQ and I scum again. We were quite the team. AR for honorable sacrifice

I got my eye on you, bub

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Jimson

I feel like this will save a lot of trouble down the road.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

Whoa is joke phase over already

My bad. ##vote TQ

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

You broke the chain of saids. :(

##vote MMT

It wasn't my time to shine :eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

Stick to yer guns kid, don't let these ne'er do wells push you around.

:glomp:

##vote Jimson

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Gin is awesome, any haters in here are crazy.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Alcohol is bad. Smoke pot instead.

TMMadman posted:

The correct way to drink gin is to not even open the bottle and drink vodka instead.

##vote TMM

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dongsbot 9000 posted:

tokers are jokers

I'm usually funnier when high, yes.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

I'm never, ever funny. I did get high once, it just turned me into a psychopath.

I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

I'm not sure it's necessarily normal - in what way were you a psychopath?

I love weed a ton but if it's not for you it's not for you :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dongsbot 9000 posted:

hmmm unfortunately in shine i jimson was in lylo and we must slavishly recreat the game for the best chnace to win

:smithicide:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dongsbot 9000 posted:

4th person on teh badwagon always the scum thats a mafia rule vote this guy

Counterpoint: there's a certain amount of humor in removing "AA" from a game about drinking. ##vote AA

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

If we don't do it now we'll spend the whole game going "well he's said some super scummy poo poo maybe we should lynch him now?" I'm just trying to save us the headache.

That was my original case for voting Jimson and I still stand by it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

JakeP posted:

why are there hundreds of posts on a saturday

Not sure but just to set the expectation I'm not going to be around until tonight at the earliest.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oooooh noooo it's Shine 1 all over again where I come back to D1 and there are a million posts :mad:

Quidnose posted:

Catching up:

Did you address why you were loved today?

Before I go back and catch up, I am also loved today. I don't know why, other than "an event has occurred".

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Infinitum posted:

So my ability is each night I can ##snoop on a list of players (As many as I want) and I get told if any of them are rival bosses trying to take over the outfit.

I got a positive result on my investigation~

:siren: At least ONE of these 4 players is a rival boss! :siren:

:getin:

I might suggest for future snoops that it would be better to pick like 1 or 2 players so there's no/less doubt about who the bosses might be.

Quidnose posted:

Is it just me or do these claims not match up

How so?

Absurd Revolver posted:

i can confirm that i am not loved

:smith:

For what it's worth, I think you're a fun person to Mafia with :glomp:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Right but MMT said she was loved "because of an event" and Adahn said he was loved "because someone did something to me" and those are in conflict. Are you saying there's an event that made MMT loved AND someone specifically targeted Adahn to make him loved AS WELL? That's weird.

I feel like you're jumping at shadows here. While the wording I saw was "because of an event", I think it's a perfectly rational conclusion for Adahn to come to that someone else caused it on N0. Also I don't understand what would be gained (by either town or scum) by trying to lie about something that irrelevant on D1.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Sorry for jumping around, I'm simultaneously catching up on the thread from the beginning while keeping an eye on recent posts.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

bossi are presumably al capones lieutenants, and probably a mole or two, after the poo poo went down.

we can snoop around to figure out who else is a boss. we also have access to another ~secret power~ atm and when other bossi die, we get power. presumably we all get power. infi claim cuz hes a dumb power whore.

Infinitum posted:

How the gently caress there would be 2 bosses?

##vote Dongsbot

Infi - was this a weird gambit or something? Unless dongs is lying I don't see how you wouldn't have understood that there are multiple bosses.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mayor Glowku posted:

Your claim is incredibly odd and seems misplaced. Especially since jokephase is over

##vote dongs

Can you go more into detail about what you don't believe about dongs' posts? I can't imagine scum lying to that degree.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dongsbot 9000 posted:

smh my fault for choosing a poor time to release the sample for my mixtape but i cant believe i cant even get my own hypeman to listen to it

I'm reading the game in a room where other people are watching TV so I'm saving this for later and looking forward to it.

Quidnose posted:

Why did Glowku get all those votes in the beginning? Can someone remind me I don't feel like reading back

I can't speak for everyone else but for me I think Glowku is lying about having a scum read on Dongs (and also just kind of voting without really making an effort to case anyone)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Are you just brain dead or something? You done stupid poo poo in both games I've played with you.

Yay, TMM is town! :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

The last boss is likely 3P, I would rather spend the day looking for scum personally. There's plenty of garbage from Inf to dig through from yesterday.

What makes you think that the last boss is likely 3p?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

tpink posted:

So this is probably some meta thing I don't know about, but what is it about TMM's posting that signals town to you?

Town TMM is argumentative and prioritizes being right. Scum TMM is polite and prioritizes appearing helpful to town.

Of course, I bring this up every time we play together and at this point it's all WIFOM but I have a town read on TMM this game.

JakeP posted:

##vote quidnose

i think hes scum, he did this in past games where he lays a hinky vote on me for no reason and then just doubles down on it throughout the day, and does nothing else

also if he is town hes just gonna be an idiot and throw the game anyway

I went back to try and see who Jake might have targetted to see if we could confirm a townie and from what I can see he probably targetted Quid :j::arghfist:

Looking over some people now, cases soon.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Li Dawny

Li Dawny posted:

Making one post for my finishing catching up, how did you post so much while I slept? Anyway, I'm always down for an Adahn lynch, and this case is pretty enticing, because I've played as scum with him and he buckles down on previous statements like they're law when there's pressure on him...and that's what I see right now.

Reading more

AN does have a point that this looks a bit like a town slap fight, and we do have 9 hours, so is voting absolutely necessary right now? It's still so early that most people haven't checked in. I mean, I understand Infi voting because he's probably going to bed soon (sleep well!) and needs to put forth what he can before the deadline (which he may not be up for) but why are there still so many votes out without actual cases to support them? That's what's suspicious to me.

LD, in order:

(a) puts out Adahn as a scum read
(b) agrees with ANarc that Infi (!) / Adahn (?) is a town slapfight
(c) questions why there are so many votes out without cases (while excusing Infi for it)

then..

Li Dawny posted:

Okay, we need to all figure out who we are/are not willing to vote today because I'm having genuine concern over if we're going to get a lynch in today.

---

I could actually see Glowku being scum with his rush in and disappear tactic, which we all agree is scum 101, but I don't know if we can get a drive behind it. I'm putting out my feels vote ##vote Glowku but I am concerned over wether lynching him is possible with how lurky people have been so far.

(d) without making any cases, frets that we might not get a lynch before deadline
(e) moves to Glowku with a sort of resignation

LD - what's your read on Adahn right now? If you thought he was acting consistent with his scum game, why didn't you case him instead of moving to Glowku?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

VivaNova posted:

Best votes: Infin, AR, AA, MG.

Infin misrepresented his role initially. However, I understand that as a boss he wants others bosses dead, and if he really is town aligned, he might believe that no rival bosses are as well. Currently he has it in his head that adahn is a scum boss, though I feel there's insufficient evidence to back this up on both counts. Most of the points in his case are plainly wrong or super reaching. I would very much like to kill him for poor casing and arguably anti-town play. For mechanics reasons, I'm not sure it's a great idea to kill a boss today though. I'm open to discussing this.

As much as I don't want Viva to be scum :ohdear:, I feel like this like of thinking is suspicious, like Viva was acknowledging that Infi was scummy but trying to dissuade people from voting for him.

Viva - is AA still your strongest read?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

I didn't case Adahn because there weren't even enough active players to pull off a lynch on Adahn, so what was the point? So that today you could say that I supported Infi's arguments so I must be his scumbro? I know that's what you're reaching for with my early votes comment, when I only excused Infi from it because of his living on the other side of the globe. And after all the crap that went down last night I'm not sure on Adahn anymore, would Infi bus a scumbro like that, or maybe one of them (Adahn/Infi) is 3p, because any line of thought concerning Infi and Adahn is WIFOM af. Adahn on his own is behaving pretty scummy, or was yesterday (day 1), but I can only meta argue that and the last time I did Adahn was rather rude, so I won't do it again.

Fair enough, is there anyone you think is particularly suspicious at this point in time?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

In Shine 1, Jimson came off as really scummy to me (by posting a ton) and ended up being town. This game he seems way more reserved.

I can't believe I'm arguing that Jimson might be scum because he's not acting as scummy as he usually does, but it's on my mind so I figured I'd put it out there.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm seriously getting scum vibes from you ANarc, its more of a meta read admittedly. Same for TQ.

Can you go into more detail?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

This feels again like a whole ton of setup spec and not a lot of scumhunting. I know I am guilty of contributing to this and have done jack poo poo to scum hunt personally, but we're basically letting scum sit around saying nothing.

Peep my case on LD and let me know what you think?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

Adahn is definitely town. Scum would withold the information about a night visit and just share it in the doc.

Do we know if New York Family is scum or 3p?

I would assume scum (first Shine game had two scumteams, plus the role of "boss" + the team name "family" to me implies multiple people in that group).

SSV - How would knowing the answer to this affect your reads? It feels more like something scum would wonder than something town would wonder.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I just re-read Adahn's case on TQ and I have to say, he brings up some pretty decent points.

Adahn1986 posted:

Concise case on TQ:

I'm going from memory here, so hopefully everything is in order.

1. TQ quickly accepts that Infinitum is a boss, despite Infinitum trying to hide that and outright denying it. Reads as a scumslip to me.
2. Infinitum pushes hard for my lynch because I "Knew he was a boss". Many people ended up defending me, but TQ didn't utter a peep (despite calling infin a boss an hour before me).
3. Infinitum publicly announces that he's submitting TQ to the mercenary. The ONLY reason to do this is for town cred. Everything Infin did (outing people on his list) was in the hopes he could get someone lynched for town cred. However, he didn't want TQ lynched, he just wanted credit in case TQ died. I think it's because TQ slipped up in acknowledging Infin as a boss way too quickly.
4. There is a lot of weird back and forth between Infinitum, but no real pressure.
5. TQ outright says "Infin is probably a scum boss" but gives reasons that are irrational to try and prevent us from lynching "a boss" D1, which would have likely been infinitum.
6. TQ immediately starts day 2 with an AA push. I've had a town read on AA, which I've been very vocal about, and I think the push on him is VERY scummy. As uncounterclaimed shine cop, he's essentially confirmed vanilla town. TQ pushed very hard for that lynch to gain traction before AA claimed.

There might be other points I'm missing, but that's the essence of it.

This is an interesting interaction. Adahn's points #1-5 are reasonably on point - TQ spent D1 saying that he had a scum read on Infin but that he didn't think we should lynch him because he's a boss. TQ doesn't really dispute that, and instead focuses his reply on point #6:

Truth Quark posted:

##unvote you're claiming VT {Cop} ?

---

"pushing hard"

Stop misrepresenting me, I had a town read on you but you are doing your best to make me doubt it.

In his rebuttal, he quotes his post to show that he wasn't going after AA, when in fact it would seem like this was what Adahn was talking about :

Truth Quark posted:

AA:

- Spent all day pushing Glowku (confirmed town), Adahn (probably town), and dongs (confirmed town boss)
- Spent the early part of the day contributing heavily to drunk chat and trying to appear very much like everyone's buddy

HMMM

Good post covering your bases buddy gotta make sure you can back out!

Then, of course, there's this post:

Which is just bad, I already talked about Quid's "catch" but AA jumped on it like it was real. Its just him continuing to buddy up to as many people as he can.

##vote AA

I'd be happy with a vote on either TQ or LD at this point in time.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I'm reading along, but I just haven't been in a posting mood.

I skimmed over that whole KB/Quid thing from past night, but I probably give it a better read later.

I'm probably going to have to give a closer look at the cases against TQ and Li Downy as those are the ones that my gut is feeling. Not real sure about the one on AA.

I'm catching up now but the strength of my inital town meta read on TMM is starting to fade. A town TMM usually seems more engaged than this :ohdear:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

No. I'm not really sure what info AA's cuddle would buy us unless he flips scum.

The reason I'm still thinking of voting him is I think his posting has been scummy. Right now I'm doing some rereading to see what jumps out at me though. I'll take another look at TQ, but one of the reasons I'm not really considering him is I think Adahn's case on him is bad:

For example on 1) This seems like nonsense to me. It was obvious the second Dongs claimed that he was essentially claiming the same thing as inf and so therefore inf was probably also a boss. Thus, I along with many others wanted to hear some clarification from Inf on it. on 2) Tons of people in SA mafia get mad or think you are scummy if you jump in and defend other people instead of letting them defend themselves. This doesn't stop me. But I don't fault someone else for not doing it. And on 6) I've already discussed that not only would a shine cop probably not counter claim at this point but that mechanics wise and based on previous game you can't even assume that a cop would only be town.

Note, this is all without rereading though. I may feel differently if I reread with hindsight, so reserving final judgement.

The main point I was trying to make last night was that TQ was very clearly saying "I have a scum read on Infin but I don't think he's the right person to vote for" on D1 and then following it up with votes elsewhere, and I have to at least consider that suspicious given that Infin flipped scum (or at least non-Outfit).

Take that all with a grain of salt because I have a lot of pages to read still.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Going back to this for a second, AA posting this on D1 (knowing he's a cop in a game with brewers) doesn't sit well with me.

Also you seem to latch onto that first part of my response and nothing else in the post.

I'm fine being lynched this game. Don't have anything to lose and I'm not scum so my death might be useful albeit wasted.

Answer #1:

I did use it or did you miss that too? Flying leatherman is outfit-aligned.

Answer #2 (when it was pointed out that the original post was made on D1)

In regards to this post, it followed my drunk night and suspicion was building up on me. Given that I was a shine cop with 1 shine, I expressed honestly the stance I still stand by. Fine with dying because in contrast, we can look at who pushed it, their reasoning and decide if they're scum or not. The odds of me copping scum n1 were about the same odds of jake reckless vigging one. So why is it a big deal to make that statement? I think KB os just trying to imagine he's caught me in something, because it's truly not being caught in anything. Heat built up on me, I made a defensive statement that expressed my alignment and hinted I was fine going, but had a useful role.

In regards to copping Flying Leatherman, I play by my own book which isn't the best. I thought FL was a scum trying to coast by making just enough posts to avoid lurking rules and the bandwagony me too notions you made pinged me, in hindsight shoukd have copped tq, kb or anarc.

And it really does seem to me like AA was caught in a lie, otherwise he would have just led with answer #2 there. I can't imagine someone who was actually a cop pulling the "I don't care if I die" card and to me the most likely explanation is that he's not actually a cop.

And even if he is one, he's out of shine, so if we lynch him we either (a) get scum, great! or (b) we lose a vanilla town and get confirmation on FL's alignment. ##vote AA

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

On a quick non-game tangent: Holy poo poo, I just noticed that KB's avatar is animated. Learn something new!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Viva's post on Inf says literally nothing:

OK, so Infin is the best vote, and presumably her #1 by looking at this. What does she think about him?

Mhmm, mhmm, mhmm, scummy scummy.

...or maybe not? Towny towny? Off the hooky?

...is this scummy or not? Adahn isn't on the best vote list, but...this...this isn't a commitment...there's no comment...

Oh so he is scummy!

...ok...that's not a great reason, but he's scummy for being anti-town, right?

Oh I see, you have no opinion.

And you agreed with this and used it as your proof as to how you were 'on inf all day.'

I have town reads on KB and Quid and feel like this post would be better served to case Viva instead.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

:siren: LIE DETECTED :siren:

What, exactly, makes you think there are numerous backups? Because we've had NO backups flip and to my knowledge one other backup claim.

I believe that Adahn has claimed backup, and at that point in time SSV already had as well:

SirSamVimes posted:

Also I can confirm that one shot shine backup is a thing because I'm one

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I believe that Adahn has claimed backup, and at that point in time SSV already had as well:

Oh my bad you saw that too, ignore this.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Quid doesn't want to spend three hours casing someone to have it completely ignored in the morning.

I read over your interactions with KB and at this point in time I feel like it's possible you might have tunnel vision / confirmation bias there - like to me the idea that he said he agreed with Viva (even though she jumped around a bit) and the fact that he listed FL as town pending AA's flip don't seem as suspicious as some of the other people in the game so far.

In my eyes AA and LD are the strongest vote candidates with Viva and TQ as suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I have to go cook a giant dinner so I'm not going to be around much longer (other than occasional phone check-ins)

Adahn1986 posted:

I don't like AA or Dawny for lynch today, at all. An investigation of either would be a useful exercise.

What are your thoughts on his saying "I don't care if I die today" on D1 knowing he was a cop?

• Locked thread