Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4050 days!

If there's still a spot, I'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Podima posted:

:yeah: It's literally in the Standard Mafia Rules, even!

Also my wife would murder me irl if I shaved my beard, I trimmed it down to a mustache once for a costume and she burst into tears when she saw me. :shobon:

She knows they grow back right?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Infinitum posted:

D1 turbo me

Get hype

This is how I read it and I'm more than happy to accommodate you,

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

MG3 posted:

You never told me how to keep an idiot in suspense

I'll tell you later.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

I'm here.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

TMMadman posted:

I'm here.

Said TMMadman, penisly.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

flerp posted:

said tmmadman, herely

I should have said "I'm coming" instead of "I'm here".

I blew it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

TMMadman posted:

I blew it.

Said TMMadman, slobberly.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Gin is terrible. It tastes like scotch tape.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Alcohol is bad. Smoke pot instead.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

The correct way to drink gin is to not even open the bottle and drink vodka instead.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

If you put a joint, a beer and a shot of alcohol in front of me and said pick one, I'd reach for the joint.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

dongsbot 9000 posted:

tokers are jokers

No, jokers are midnight tokers.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

##vote Mayor Scumku

Don't hit women!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Well this is a hell of a thing to wake up to this morning.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Quidnose posted:

Also a strange leap of logic, I'm very suspicious of anyone who is gunning for Inf right now.

I don't know if I buy this Quid because Inf is still suspicious.

I read his post last night and I was pretty suspect of it because: a) it seems pretty powerful for every night ability, b) it's pretty dumb to claim it immediately (even with a result) and c) it's pretty lucky to pick 4 random people and get a positive result on N0.

I'd think if I was in Infs shoes, I'd let D1 play out and try to direct the vote towards any one of the 4 players he picked without claiming. Then regardless of the outcome, I'd recheck 2 of the players during N1 so D2 would either be a 50/50 chance of lynching a boss or possibly a guaranteed scum lynch if one of the players got lynched on D1.

If there is more than one scum kill tonight, then Inf is almost certainly a dead man because the doctor can only protect from one kill during the night.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Oh yeah, I should probably go ahead and ##unvote since it was a joke vote and apparently we are really playing the game now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Adahn1986 posted:

So infin and dongs are BOTH bosses and by definition we need to lynch one today, am I getting that right?

Or we lynch neither of them because dongs is saying that the last boss alive gets a reward. So it's probably a better idea to try to keep them both alive for the time being.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Adahn1986 posted:

I was thinking this. If infin is a scum boss, he gets 4 town lynches out of his reveal. That's a huge step ahead for the scum team.

Do you really think that is how it would play out?

Don't you think we'd expect Inf to try to 'clear' at least 2 of the players on his list during N1 if he lived through the night?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Why do people in this thread keep thinking that there can't possibly be multiple town roles like "boss" when we had much the same thought about brewers in the first game?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Also, as much as I am always engage in setup spec, it seems particularly dumb to do it early on D1 when Podima did a lot of poo poo in the first game to mess with setup spec and almost certainly did the same thing in this game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Hal Incandenza posted:

Nice to feel the love in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25QyCxVkXwQ

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

I completely agree with Viva about Inf this game. I think his play was reckless so far and rather than helping like I think he intended, all he has done is completely muddle the waters. I don't really think it's a good idea to lynch him at the moment, but I don't think we should let him lead town around either. However, if we were to lynch one of the claimed bosses, I'd vote Inf over dongsbot right now. Dongs was a bit more forthcoming about his claim, while Inf tried to mislead us a bit.

I don't know what to think of Adahn because in the one game I played with him, he seems to lock into his personal theories and holds on to them for too long. I don't think he'd be a very good lynch right now.

I'm not sure I'd want to lynch AA today since he seems to be part of this whole loved gimmick that popped up recently, but I'd vote there to avoid a no lynch.

I think I'm most comfortable with #vote Glowku for the moment because his play seems off. Although I will say that I'm a bit wary of this because of the little mini rush at him early in the day, I still think it's probably the best bet.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

TMMadman posted:

I completely agree with Viva about Inf this game. I think his play was reckless so far and rather than helping like I think he intended, all he has done is completely muddle the waters. I don't really think it's a good idea to lynch him at the moment, but I don't think we should let him lead town around either. However, if we were to lynch one of the claimed bosses, I'd vote Inf over dongsbot right now. Dongs was a bit more forthcoming about his claim, while Inf tried to mislead us a bit.

I don't know what to think of Adahn because in the one game I played with him, he seems to lock into his personal theories and holds on to them for too long. I don't think he'd be a very good lynch right now.

I'm not sure I'd want to lynch AA today since he seems to be part of this whole loved gimmick that popped up recently, but I'd vote there to avoid a no lynch.

I think I'm most comfortable with #vote Glowku for the moment because his play seems off. Although I will say that I'm a bit wary of this because of the little mini rush at him early in the day, I still think it's probably the best bet.

mafia edit - ##vote Glowku

I rael gud at voitng. :downs:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

dongsbot 9000 posted:

if you had access to nominate a name for a vig, who would you nominate (content question thats also real life for me)

I'd pick one of Truth Quark, Jimson, tpink or flerp (not in that order) because I have a hard time getting a solid read on them.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Man, an awful lot of people just jumped to Glowku.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Truth Quark posted:

That tends to happen this close to deadline.

It's still like 2 hours to the deadline.

I mean, I know I was part of it, but it just feels a little weird.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

flerp posted:

my powers lovely anyways so its all good

How is your power lovely when you are a shine distributor?

Shine played a pretty big part in the last game and I don't see why it wouldn't still have a role to play in this one.

##unvote

Mafia edit - I misread this post as Glowku saying it, instead of of flerp.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 26, 2016

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Hey, I'm sorry about that mafia edit missing big time. I'm a little :420: and meant that to be a quote not edit.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Mayor Glowku posted:

I think he's saying his power is lovely, i'm the distributor unless i haven't caught up yet

Yeah, I misread it as you saying it. :)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Infinitum posted:

Ruh roh raggy.

I didn't actually miss it as bad as I thought I did.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Adahn1986 posted:

Some players will participate in a special pre-game phase to determine their roles. The roles available during this pre-game phase are:

For the record, this is why I think lottery participants absolutely must be town. The statement in the OP is unambiguous about what roles lottery participants can choose from.

Except roles like: Rolecop, Redirector, Commuter, possibly Jailkeeper and even Brewer could possibly be scum roles, so saying it's unambiguous is completely false.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Ugh, I think our only options right now are Glowku or no lynch.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

So we willingly mislynch. I mean what's the problem taking out a nontown boss, since they don't get incrementally stronger?

Well, I don't know that Glowku is town. The only thing really holding me back is his claim.

Are you saying you know that know that he is town? :raise:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Adahn1986 posted:

I ask because Glowku's claim is Shine Distributor, which is identical to a Shine 1 role, and my role isn't identical to a shine 1 role.

Does this game have new/different roles from the first game, or is it the same?

I wish you would stop asking these types of questions because it doesn't really help since it's pure mod speculation.

I know I've been guilty of it in the past (and probably will be in the future too ;)) but it doesn't really help most of the time, especially not in the early phases of the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Quidnose posted:

Would probably also be good to overvote just in case he is loved and lying. He's at -1 right now.

Yeah, I'll be the overvote. I'm not real sure about this lynch anymore, but it was the only option at the end.

##vote Glowku

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Lol Infinitum is such a garbage player.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Adahn1986 posted:

Also, I don't see any reason to wait and/or hide it, Quidnose is 100% town. He's an honest visitor and visited me. Other than that he's vanilla town.

Why would you do this? This is just outright terrible play. You've outed a confirmed town player and put a huge target on his back for no good reason.

Why wouldn't you keep that information quiet and see if anyone tried to attack Quid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003
Probation

Adahn1986 posted:

Because he hammered Glowku, who was town. Also, glowku picked Quidnose in the lottery and Quid didn't confirm it.

Honestly, I was going to come in here today and push Quid for lynch.

Honest Visitor is straight-up vanilla town. How does that put a target on his back? I just made it so he will never, ever get lynched.

Are you just brain dead or something? You done stupid poo poo in both games I've played with you.

You had privileged information and know Quid is town and you're first thought is to blab it to the thread instead of just seeing if people would try to attack Quid and sussing out their motives.

It puts a target on his back for night kills because scum won't be a able to get him lynched.

• Locked thread