Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Truth Quark posted:

Also anyone picking on Adahn right now is either dumb or scum. He did a dumb thing, sure, but you're latching onto an easy case against a player who is probably town.

I'm not saying he's scum, I'm just saying he's playing stupidly because he had a perfect opportunity to judge people who would have argued to lynch Quid and instead he immediately blabs it to the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Adahn1986 posted:

There's absolutely zero reason for scum to target vanilla town. They have a strong disincentive, as they'd rather kill power roles.

For future game, stop thinking about NKs being based on what roles people might have and instead think of about possible lynch targets.

When you come out and say Quid is the honest visitor and is now 100% town, it means that scum can't make any kind of argument to lynch him and that makes him a thorn in their side. Now sure sometimes it's handy to know if a player is lurky, but Quid is usually pretty active and gets attacked a lot.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Truth Quark posted:

You know who just up and vanished after being declared town by a couple veterans? TMM.

I'm reading along, but I just haven't been in a posting mood.

I skimmed over that whole KB/Quid thing from past night, but I probably give it a better read later.

I'm probably going to have to give a closer look at the cases against TQ and Li Downy as those are the ones that my gut is feeling. Not real sure about the one on AA.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sorry I've been having a hard time getting into this game and have been pretty quiet. Although I probably helped more simply by staying quiet because I'm sure I would have stuck my foot in my mouth somehow during all the arguing.

So I went back and found the list of people that dongsbot claimed to submit on N0 and it's the first 6 people in the names list:

dongsbot 9000 posted:

as a reminder, i had a positive boss result within

Absurd Revolver
Adahn1986
Anomalous Amalgam
AnonymousNarcotics
CapitalistPig
curiousCat

And when I went though their names, it seems like a lot of them are making arguments against each other. AR is calling ANarc and cCat scum, AA is pressing cCat, ANarc was voting AA despite his claim, CPig is looking at aNarc as scum. cCat hasn't really said much. Adahn has said a lot but I'm not getting into that right now because I'm 90% sure he's town due to D1. The only one I wouldn't vote for today is Adahn and I'd need a good case made in order to vote AA/AR.

Outside of those six, I've got Quid and Leatherman as town due to claims, I skimmed through the Quid/KB fight again and I think it was just a town slapfight. I'm not seeing scum from KB and I've found myself agreeing with some of his sum up posts. MMT is probably town as she is giving her opinions and settled into using her meta read on me (even though she's now getting worried because I'm not posting as much. :)) I had some feelings about TQ earlier that I'll have to revisit. I think I remember seeing a case against Moatzillata that seemed interesting, so I'll have to find it. I also need to give Li Dawny another look because I know there were cases made against him. Everyone else is pretty much a null read for me at the moment, except for a special mention of Hal because he's been really lurking.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I have town reads on KB and Quid and feel like this post would be better served to case Viva instead.

I remember having this same thought when I first skimmed that post.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

VivaNova posted:

This got me thinking. If you're the boss on the list, you don't want it narrowed down, correct? So the boss wouldn't be pushing someone else on the list.

AA's on CC, but might be a self-preservation thing. Before was on AN.
Pig is on AN
AR was on adahn d1, is on AN
AN was on AA
adahn has been very against AR and AA and specifically mentioned not tying to find the boss iirc.
CC nothing

hm.

This is actually a pretty good point and something I didn't think about when looking it over. I'm not not entirely convinced that there is a 3P boss and think it might be either a separate outfit or some kind of law faction.

And I didn't see what I was looking for with Moat, but I skimmed Li Dawny and I'm giving her a slight town lean at the moment.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, I guess let's lynch the lurker.

##vote CuriousCat

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just FYI, Moat and Li Dawnys votes didn't count.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Just FYI, Moat and Li Dawnys votes didn't count.

mafia edit - nm about li dawny. I saw one # where there are ##

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Li Dawny posted:

Than CPig's doesn't either.

When I first saw your post, I thought it was just #vote, but it's ## now. :shrug:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

##vote curious cat

:laffo:

Strike three. This is why Viva had to revote.

No space.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
There we go, now Moat has a vote.

I'm a poet and I don't even know it! :downs:

Anyway, we still need 2 more votes in 8 minutes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
KB, vote curiouscat to avoid a no lynch.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Is cat just a lurker cuddle? Or something new happen?>

A little bit of a lurker lynch, a little bit of the fact that she is the only person who hasn't tried to push anyone else from dongsbot's boss list.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: Thanks for killing me. :( Jerks! :ghost:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: :f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5: :ghost:

:zombie: but Podima is probably in bed already :( :zombie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
drat it, everyone in the observer doc thought it was SSV too.

And Moat, next time, you should definitely go with the no lynch in this situation because it forces scum to make a play. They either withhold the kill (in which case you no lynch again) or they kill someone. I might have turned my opinion around on MMT if you guys had no lynched and Moat was killed instead of MMT, even though we knew for a fact that Moat was 100% town in the observer doc, because I felt that MMT should be the NK.

That was a very well played game MMT.

• Locked thread