Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ok that's better than nothing. Is the support talent tree for lantry worth bothering then or should I just go all in the damage spell school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

If you're playing on normal you can probably do whatever sounds fun and get away with it. Combat isn't really that challenging.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

KPC_Mammon posted:

The nice things about replays is you can *gasp* try something different!

Haha what a lovely response. Outstanding.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jose posted:

Ok that's better than nothing. Is the support talent tree for lantry worth bothering then or should I just go all in the damage spell school
Lantry is really good at support, its what I used him for alongside using attack spells.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

It's actually a very very good response.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

My fav thing to do w/ Lantry was turn him into a tank w/ heavy armor and just let him cast spells and do very little attack dmg every fight.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Glenn Quebec posted:

/
"im not owned! im not owned!!"

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Accordion Man posted:

Lantry is really good at support, its what I used him for alongside using attack spells.

Just pack all the spells on him. Lore is the god stat.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

why the hell would you replay a game like this to do the exact same thing.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Sometimes you enjoy doing something so much you'd like to try it again. Similar to replaying this middling RPG a second time around.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kind of annoying the spell limit and also that i can't have them all on a bar at once

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If there’s one thing keeping me from a replay it’s the meager loving quick bar

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Yes, the spell system is amazing and so well thought out. Not sure how the gently caress there isn't a larger spell interface.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Honestly once I realized how all my spells and abilities absolutely weren't going to fit on the hotkey bar I just stopped using it and selected with the mouse on pause.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Spells should have their own specific quickbar that shows all your spell slots honestly. Clicking on an empty spot should also bring up the spellcrafting menu.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I've got the head of cairn but where do i get the recipe to forge the staff?

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
Just did my first 30 minutes of this. The art work and direction are gorgeous, refreshing to see that vs many other games that couldn't care less about 4k screens etc. Great soundtrack.

On the other hand, man there's a lot of stuff on the screen at all times, and lots of super tiny details one has to pay attention to. Managing a team, picking up mushrooms, 300 tiny icons and buttons on the screen, it's aspergers heaven if you're into that. Will have to see if having to micromanage so much crap will end up detracting from the experience, or enhance it.

Tried to make a paladin-like character with sword + shield and vigor spells, no clue if that's a terrible idea. Was tempted to roll a wizard / necro kind of character or maybe a Witcher-style one too, but I guess I'll go with this one and see what happens.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Lantry is a bro. He and my PC were both full on attack mages, and I gave him the underwear armour. Spent the game running around with a naked old man throwing fireballs and philosiphising about history and truth while getting high on ink and berries.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol that was a disappointing ending. also the fact i finally got the best weapon possible for my character and i had it for a single fight before the game ended

the game really doesn't explain how skill trainers work so right before the end i spent enough to pump 75 lore into lantry and my mage MC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Training is also weird and screwy and I kinda hope any hypothetical tyranny 2 sort of manages to find a way to strike a balance between TES style leveling and XP; I ended up benching Lantry for most of act 2, taking him back for the expansion, and having him not only a level higher than most of the party but also with enough training banked to get a full 7 levels over the fatebinder (my personal opinion on this would be Morrowind-style: no XP for benched characters but also infinite training until you hit the level cap besides your cash reserves).

Also it does feel really weird how hard some weapon types are to find a legendary on some paths (the only two hander I ever found on my first launch playthrough was Ashe's gigantic mace)

• Locked thread