Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Query: Does regeneration stack? Got 2 items with regen on it, is it a good idea to put both on Barik for double the healing or am I wasting one?

e: I just found the effects area of the UI, no it does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

An attack of opportunity is also just a bit of a weak penalty (for the AI, trying to run a PC away from an enemy tends to result in a string of about 6 AoO's in about 3 seconds knocking away your health).

If disengaging risked a Blood Bowl style trip-and-prone attack that had you stuck on the ground and seriously vulnerable then it would be a lot more effective.

Overall though Tyranny has by far my favorite version of BG-style combat/skills. Because it's Skyrim.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The thing I wish someone had told me about magic before I played Tyranny is that you get the rune for healing magic by talking to Lantry until he teaches it to you.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

It's weird because the game also teases a load of issues that matter to the setting; 'who built the oldwalls?' 'what is the deal with the bane?' 'are people born as archons (if so why?) or can anyone aspire to that state with enough power of belief?' 'what's the relation between being powerful because people believe in your power, and being powerful because you are channeling raw magical power out of the earth via a huge tower?'

Leaving those as mysteries I think works really well in a short game. In a game that feels like it's missing a middle Act it should have been a place to flesh out.

I seem to differ from most in that I think the game ends at the perfect moment for the story being told - you certainly couldn't continue the story as a party based RPG, but nor do I really think that more needs to be told, just as you don't have to start the story at the beginning of Kryos's conquest.

• Locked thread