Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Excited for the game itll own, just like pillars did.

But im less excited about the thread tag. Can we have a mod change it to games or something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty stoked about the game fwiw. My guess is it'll be Spring 2017 based on who little they are talking about it.

And I'm fine with that.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Still scheduled for a 2016 release. Hmmm. I want to play this game.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Eh in PoE it isnt common knowledge about the gods, so picking the game up in another region would be a ok.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah, but you the player know that the gods are just soul robots, even if the character doesn't.

STOP META GAMING STRUDEL MAN.

Even if you the player knew that, I don't think it would really impact enjoyment of the game in a different part of the game. Hell they could even write the game around the player knowing that or THINKING they know that.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
45 bux goddam that was more than i was expecting

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You guys are right. I think I was putting it in my mind in correlation to the marketing. I figured, since it has been pretty low-key it'd be like $30. I'm more than happy to pay $45 though!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I was initially all "whoa there" as if I'd just been stunned by a flashbang from Mccree, but after the last few days I'm leaning heavily towards purchasing this game NOW. Any deals on it?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Excited to maybe be able to buy this game. I'm thinking Winter sale only cuz funds are tight. All the reviews say it does a great job!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Mad that this didn't go on sale for the Autumn Sale. Guess I'm holding out until Winter sale. So pumped to play.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Android Blues posted:

It literally came out 15 days ago. I wouldn't expect sale prices just yet.

Civ 6 went on sale. Its totally possible for Christmas.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Only 10% off for the winter sale? Blasphemy!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This game and only this game keeps launching on my secondary moniter. Anyonr know why this would happen and how to fix it?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone else have trouble using the Gravebows special ability? I want to use it but she starts to cast Chromatic Arrow and nothing happens, it goes back to regular attack. I have to do it several times to get it to stick. Anyone?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I still cant find the sigil of life no matter what.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Android Blues posted:

Yeah, you get that from Lantry. And one other place I think? But you can just ask Lantry for it.

I've talked to him forever and I still don't have it. HE has the spell, but I don't have the actual core sigil to make spells with. And what is that "other place"?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the tips on sigil if life. The spell crafting is fun!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ah so....thats that then. Game is over. Act 3 took me like...5 minutes. How anti climatic.

I liked the game but kind of wish i wasnt railroaded into the ending the game obviously forces you to take You rebel against Kyros no matter what. I was also shocked I didn't have enough evidence to convict the person I was trying to convict, I had a ton of frickin evidence.

On my next play through I think I'll side with the other team, bring new companions, and see how that works out. Then of course you gotta play a 3rd more....alternate...option.

Game is great, but you can tell it kind of petered out at the end there. Adding more complexity to Act 3 would be wise as would providing just a few more options in playthrough.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FuzzySlippers posted:

I thought it was fitting considering the kind of despot Kyros is and how much power you are accumulating. If you talk to Siren enough its pretty clear that Kyros draws in powerful subordinates but won't tolerate anything approaching a threat. There's not going to be any power sharing. That's why the game starts as it does. Once you start grabbing towers the conflict is inevitable. A "stick with Kyros option" would probably just be her ordering you to fall on your sword or be imprisoned.

You do get a lot of dialogue options that can make it seem like you are trying hard to not appear as a threat. Like a general in a banana republic suddenly thrust into popularity but trying to downplay it to not threaten his despot.

Makes sense, for sure. I just wanted to have my own little corner to call home and thats it. I dunno how to convict, though, i had a ton of evidence. Grrr.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

In case anyone was curious, the FIG SEC filings for Pillars of Eternity II confirm that Obsidian is currently also working on a Tyranny DLC. No other information available at the time, though one might speculate that they might announce it at PDXCon, in May.

Where do you see this?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Knock yourself out, pretty much all of that info is in the Preliminary Offering Circular.

I read it and didnt see anything about POE2

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ah cool its that little blip there. Nice.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I never saw Kyros as communist. Simply fascist.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Strudel Man posted:

Which is why you can order military folks around in your role as a member of the judicial system, I suppose?

Exactly. It's just bronze age civilization - calling it "fascist" is unspeakably anachronistic. Fascism is a reaction against things that never happened in the world here.

What a fascist thing to say.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A good question to have answered is how much is the rest of Kyros' legions like the Scarlet Furies. The Disfavored are an elite fighting unit that obviously cares about results more than anything else, but they don't necessarily seem to kill for fun. The Furies absolutely do, and have no problem raping, pillaging, and so on to the populace as they see fit. Is this just a means to justify the ends or is this how Kyros plans on having the entire continent run?

Stuff in the game seem to point to no, but we may never know.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Android Blues posted:

There's actually lots of answers to this in the game. It's very explicit and a plot point in multiple quests that the Scarlet Chorus are obliged to keep the peace and not harm citizens under Kyros. They are only allowed to pillage and abuse and murder when they're in the process of conquering or smashing rebellions. If they do it to a peaceful populace, they've broken the law and can be tried by a Fatebinder.

Of course, there's tension in that the Chorus are essentially rabid dogs and keeping them idle during peacetime would be impossible to do for long, but up until now there's never been a long period where they couldn't be immediately mobilised to some new military front after a few months of being stationed in a peaceful city.

There's lots of stuff about how Kyros governs, and it sets a focus on authoritarian law and order, harsh economic controls on the merchant class, and peace through obedience to the law.

Did it indicate the Chorus exist outside of the front though? Makes me think its more a tool than an extension of life under Kyros. It seems that places first conquered by Kyros enjoy a despotic but stable rule whereas the frontier is no holds barred, burn everything down.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Very pumped about this, awesome!! I started a new game though, if i get thr expansion i wonder if itll work with my second playthrough

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Playing a pro Chorus run through and holy poo poo are they evil. Legit feel bad being their friend.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bewilderment posted:

When you send the Beastwoman leader to him you can say "hey uh, when you get there... be careful"

It doesn't help.

After a while I just kind of resigned myself to it and went "oh, you" whenever I saw a new body hanging out in that camp.

Exactly the part i got to. It feels bad because you trick them into it every time. You can even call Nerat out on it and he gets pissed.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like going Scarlet Chorus requires you to be more evil. I just finished the game, and the way you get the Chorus on your side is just pretty evil.

I'm excited for the expansion to come out as I've done Disfavored and now SC...now I'm gonna be a Freedom Fighter!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Will Bastard's Wound be compatible with old save files?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think it needs a sequel than more just an ending.

For POE it just gave me a reason to go back and play it again. I took my end game save, went back, did the WM 1 and 2 with my main save, and just made my dude even more powerful. Then I started a new game where it was integrated into the game and I got to experience it all over again. I can see an argument for both sides, but don't forget you can always go back and play it again!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its available! :bisonyes:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Some early reviews are not kind.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3223187/gaming/tyranny-bastards-wound-expansion-review.html

http://www.rpgsite.net/review/6023-tyranny-bastard-s-wound-review

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

Hmmm...

*tugs collar* yikes

Add me to your friends list then, fool.

Jastiger<Iowa State>

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
All of my skill and spell ability for Eb have disappeared from the bar? Is there a way to fix that and get them back?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Yeah there should be a bunch of buttons for abilities and spells and stances right down the bottom of that ui. Just drag and drop the skills into the bar.

No i mean they are GONE. Its like she has no talents, no spells, no nothing. I had to recreate them to get them to show back upon the bar. No team up abilities, no talent abilities no nothing. Wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This game really does own. I JUST finished the expansion with Bariks final quest and allying with the tiers instead of Kyros' forces. It genuinely is a different game depending on which side you pick, and they did a good job with that.

That Barik portrait though. (or all 3 of em!)

• Locked thread