Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
This game sounds cool. Basically you're an evil Spectre working for an rear end in a top hat? I'm down with that.

I thought PoE was okay, if a bit safe and rote at places. Like that giant dungeon under your castle; there was stuff there that was more fit for Card Hunter than an actual story driven RPG. The Animancy stuff was pretty funny too. They tried to present it like there were arguments for and against, but every single time you deal with Animancers they turn out to be a pile of gigantic Hitlers, constantly on the brink of getting everyone around them killed. On the other hand, I thought the different nations and their histories were really interesting. Angry Priest Guy was also a fun party member, but I've already forgotten his name, so take from that what you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Count Uvula posted:

That describes mages in Dragon Age a lot more than animancers in Pillars. In Pillars you find a couple obviously terrible people (Raedric's basement witch, the sewer necromancer) but then for the most part they're fair and reasonable people, and you straight up just fail to stop a plot to frame them as the source of all the country's troubles.

Dragon Age has tons of mages and 80% of them are colossal fuckups or terrorists.

I dunno. The point where a bunch of animancers went "hey, let's trap souls in these clockwork guardsmen statues to make them go, they will obviously not go haywire and murder everyone", is about where I formed my final opinion on animancers. Maybe their intentions were good, but christ that is a bad idea.

• Locked thread