Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Furism posted:

Just curious, but why?

It would be nice....? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oasx posted:

Day [9] will be streaming the game in about an hour : https://www.twitch.tv/day9tv

He spent 40 minutes in character generation and I fell asleep. Great choice of streamer Paradox.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rascyc posted:

He was acting out all the lines and dialog too, ayyyy

So really I was mercy killed?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

All I really was curious about was the conquest segment and I fell asleep before he even got to that. Like I could care less about the actual gameplay, I was just hoping to see something, really anything, cool and new.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dolash posted:

Why don't you guys just watch that first 100 minutes video from page 16 instead of the streamer? I mean, assuming you don't like the streamer. It's most of the same content but delivered faster and unobstructed.

Because a completely silent video sucks too.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Goooooooons :argh:

No it's actually fine now that I am watching it. Polygon's bizzare 'LP's NEVER HAPPENED' policy works better with CRPG's than its usual stuff.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Sylphosaurus posted:

I have no problem listening to a streamer shooting the breeze about all kinds of things while they play, it's just that I goddamn hate it when they have to read everything on the screen out loud.

Preach it brother, gently caress day9.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oasx posted:

I would hate to see what qualifies as a good stream to you.

There are plenty of streamers who handle this better on youtube who have done Paradox streams before, it's not like this is the first time. Giving two of the most boring outlets exclusive access was an odd move to say the least.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

No they're correct, the facial animations in Bloodlines is still way above what RPG games of today have.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

But then you remember that Fallout 4 and Dragon Age are things and then you die inside.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Are the scarlet chorus really more noticeably evil than the other factions? All I've gotten from the promo's is that they're about as evil as the rest but just really incompetent about it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lets hope, the whole romance schlock has easily become the worst part of Bioware games over the years. It was a cute aside back in KotoR, in both Dragon Age and Mass Effect it just got weirder and weirder.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

Too bad rope kid is dead

Wait what

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

:golfclap:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

What it needs is a cities skylines style streaming push so that people actually get to see the game.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Stroth posted:

So bullshit it. 2 hours isn't even close to long enough to decide on a game like this. Hell, for a lot of players 2 hours isn't even long enough to finish character creation.

Eh, 90 minutes was enough for me to save 59€ on Xenoverse 2. It's not the best of all worlds but it's a very decent compromise between something and nothing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, the stream showed Lore, Subterfuge, Athletics and a whole bunch of other skills used regularly in conversations.

I really hope they're hitting that Fallout New Vegas threshold of excellence this time. It was just amazing how much that game accommodated for you if you went outside of the standard persuasion/lockpicking/guns archetype. PoE was kinda disappointing in this regard.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Buffs as a whole really. Some games give you just a few and make them super powerful (looking at you Shadowrun) and then it's actually an interesting choice to decide who to apply them to. But in most games it's more like Skyrim where nearly all of the time those loving potions are never getting used.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wait, 16 CET? So the game is out in 45 minutes?

Nvm, release 'stream'. WP Steam

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'd preload the game but Steam freezes every time I press the button.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Similar, I think I'll just sit in the entire night if I can.

Man 2016 sucks.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Well it is useless for the early parts of the game which is what most reviewers play.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Is this another Fallout New Vegas by RPS? :v:

I swear, someone there has a grudge towards Obsidian.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm hardstrung between goody two-shoes and mercyless apathetic bureaucrat.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pre-load Complete; Unreleased :mad:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dolash posted:

Released on Steam, yay!

Last-minute patch, boo!

Edit: Actually I guess this is "unpacking"? Not very familiar with pre-loading.

I just remembered having the same unpleasent surprise with Xcom 2. Oh well, at least it's not literally hours this time.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

holy poo poo, I love the main title theme

Noooooooooooo, I wanted to have music running in the background. This game can't have a good OST.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rascyc posted:

I've just never seen a timer in an RPG game be relevant since like Fallout.

XCOM2?

EDIT: Haha, pre-installing finished. But now I get booted to the store page instead of the game launching. Considering hitting that refound button so hard right now.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Finally got into the game and it crashes when I select my build and gender.

what

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

3 times and counting. Set my graphics to minimum (which really is just resolution, what the gently caress obsidian) and it still crashes. I'm amazed.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

Do the usual steps of verifying integrity of game cache or just redownloading the whole thing again.

2 people already responded that they're having the same issue, fantastic.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Walking in literally any direction after the first segment of the game gets my guys 3-shot by generic enemies. What

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

If you restart your game and choose the "Trial of Iron" option I think you'll find it much more enjoyable.

I don't get your joke. This is on normal and the game balance seems to have hit the stratosphere after the end of the first spire. Even my tank dies in literally seconds if not focused healed, doesn't matter whether I go to the next spire or the burning library. I feel like I missed something here.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 11, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Affi posted:

So! Buy or no buy? I'm really on the fence on this one.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Finished the game, independent endgame spoilers

I get what reviewers meant with their disappointment in the ending, it really is just sequelbait. I felt like the game had a good grove going until the stone sea were the content just kinda evaporated. Furthermore, it was just really lame that the conclusion to beating the archons was just walking into their fortresses and punching them to death. Something which took about 18 minutes total for both. No help from allies, no real effect from the edicts, no nothing. You get their weapons which would be really cool except that if you win the trial like I did there's literally not another fight in the game. Casting a pre-emptive edict against Kyros was a cool note to end on but it felt like there was supposed to be more here.

There were some weird moment here and there in the independent route where it felt like you were supposed to have a choice but you didn't. I think someone above mentioned how the crossing foreshadows being able to take control of the mercenaries but if there is such an option I would have no idea how to actually do it. The mercenaries attack you the minute you enter the crossing. Later, you get called out immediately by the traitor guy for having killed his friends in self-defense so now you must fight to the death, apparently. Similarly, later in the game when looking for the dauntless you get involved in a friendly conversation which you literally cannot get out of without attacking. It just sorta happens, and then they call you scum for the rest of the area. I suppose this is punishment for turning on the independents in act 1 but there's no mention of it in the conversation with that initial character. It's all friendly until you have to go, 'whoops, time for you to die'. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, it was fun to run around murdering literally everyone but it's not like I had much of a choice in the matter. Apparently, armies are for suckers and I'll just rule the Tiers by the power of my characters fists...?

Game was really good though. Especially in just how incredibly petty and childish the dialogue options let you be.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 11, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

17 according to steam, I'm a 100% sure I missed some major content in the Stone Sea.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Semper Fudge posted:

So I mean just looking at, the setting and plot sounds a thousand times more interesting than PoE, but is the writing still as dry and humorless as it as in Pillars?

This game has amazing dialogue options.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

evilmiera posted:

I tried all of them. All at once. That's not even ink, that's just LSD with watercolors mixed in.

He cut me off three inks in. :mad:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

How would I possibly know. :v:

But yes presumably, just with you working with one of the military Archons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

Just that ppl should be prepared for loading times to explode. I'm currently into 5 minutes on an area transition

I played through the game on an external HDD in mostly big chunks and I had literally none of these issues. :confused:

• Locked thread