Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

drawing inspiration from the black company and myth: the fallen lords is the first thing i've seen about this to really get my attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

that preview showing the history creation has me got me far more interested in this game then all the silly talk about playing as the 'bad guys'
taking cues from bronze age mesopotamia is also cool

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

when you're god-king of the world, you can be whatever you want

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

it won't be truly immersive until you control your character from a colonoscopy camera

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

i haven't been reading any of the promotional materials, what's this about rape? because that gets an immediate stink-eye from me

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

That's rule, fantasy gaming needs that sort of craziness again

the edict is actually a target painter for calling down an orbital to surface nuclear barrage

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Misinformation campaigns and a few rumours started in different places and suddenly your knowledge becomes no more than hearsay as far as anyone can tell. You don't destroy knowledge by hiding it away - you surround it with lies so that it can no longer be trusted.

not even videos games can escape our post-facts reality

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

no one gets out alive

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

halloween is over

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

where's my myth-like tactics game
i demand answers

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Rascyc posted:

Brian said they just didn't have the time to do respecs. PoE suffered the same fate until a few patches in.

fair, though it makes me wonder just how complicated respec'ing must be if it keeps not making the cut for release
it doesn't -seem- like it would be that involved, but that's apparently not the case

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Harrow posted:

Dear rope kid,

Please give us FFXII Gambits in PoE2.

Thanks,
Harrow

wish granted
you must purchase them as items in game with most not being available until over halfway through

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

the tidal-locked moon that hangs permanently in the sky, day or night, with a smaller moon that sometimes passes in front is a really cool setting detail and i'm driving myself crazy trying to work out how that works/looks

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

isn't mirror image the spell that's bugged and will eventually cripple your character?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

i thought the little poser portraits could get a little goofy, which i liked, but i'm not sure that was the intention

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

a nice thing about those jars is they don't count towards your base stat total, so you can hit 20 without having to burn two points

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

When you go to Tunon's court, talk to the random Chorus dude in there. I think he gave it to me when I fed the tidecasters to Nerat.

Edit: Whoops, beaten

as reference for others;
i think i did that, but i also pushed five eye off the tower and he was a little salty about that and i got nothing

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

I can tell you that I also threw Fifth Eye off the Tower and still got the Sigil.

maybe i remembered wrong then! good, because throwing people off high buildings should never be punished imo

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

AngryBooch posted:

I spent way too long without life magic because I didn't ask Lantry to teach me. I never learned Gravelight on my first run-through because I never used Eb so I never asked her about it. I'm also one of those people who missed out on Guarded Form due to playing hardline Disfavored my first time.

Didn't even know Emotion and Bloodmagic were things I was missing until now. Also really cool that Gravelight isn't just a weird name for necromancy, it's moon magic. So the whole gravity control thing makes more sense but I'm not sure how that became the "life drain" sigil now.

light from the moon is reflected, or perhaps 'stolen,' from the sun

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

unfortunately obsidian neglected to include any 'bad' endings

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Combat is bad in both PoE AND Tyranny.

So what's the verdict on the expansion? Sounds combat focused

i'm very curious on this as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Urthor posted:

The expansion is not combat focused at all, it's actually a proper story focused and neat quest line that balances all the systems super well, I'd say it's probably a "better" baseline area than Storm Lands/Crossing/Badlands from the base game, as all expansion content is because game devs use the experience they got from the base game to improve the expansion.

really? that's good to hear. maybe i'll see about picking it up

• Locked thread