Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Vegetable posted:

The Oldwalls parts are boring as heck. Reminds me of Dragon Age: Origins's Chantry tower, except that one had some charm. These Oldwalls sections are just excuses to pad the gametime while doing as little writing as possible.

Buschmaki posted:

I think you mean they remind you of the Deep Roads.

It's funny, because the bit under the Spire in the Blade Grave was probably the most fun I've had with a classic-dungeon-style-dungeon in a long time. Open plan enough to give you choices when exploring, twisty enough to make it feel like exploring, puzzles that want you to examine and interact with the environment (alright, not particularly complex ones, but show me the rpg with actually-good puzzles)- it was great. Bit small, and the encounters were dull even by this game's standards, but other than that, great.

If PoE2 is just dungeons like that + PoE combat + 6 man party I'll be as happy as a pig in poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Harrow posted:

I hope it isn't that Tyranny did poorly or something.

I would be really surprised if Tyranny was a smash hit success, or even a moderate success. It's a janky, niche game in a niche genre that got very little press attention.

But Paradox is something of an outlier as publishers go, so who knows what stick they're measuring with.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Engagement was a lot stronger (fake edit: stronger in Pillars, I just noticed this is the Tyranny thread) on release, IIRC. Only a very small number of enemy types would break engagement (fampyrs are the ones I remember most prominently?), everything else would stay in place. But people (Sensuki?) complained that it made fights too static. Which: yes, but now we're back to the old problem of tanks not being able to do their job properly. :shrug:

I hope they work something out for Deadfire.

• Locked thread