Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I actually need to finish PoE, considering that really have enjoyed every Obsidian game... even Alpha Protocol which had alot of detractors (Seriously I want to have that dialogue system rather than Biowares derp).

This game sounds promising, fantasy settings where evil already won or the apocalypse happened are a ton of fun. Age of Damnation was awesome, but combat was frustratingly unfun despite the worldbuilding and plot being awesome (if your character is smart enough to figure poo poo out since you don't get handed answers and alot of the game is obtuse as gently caress). So yeah I definitely will buy this also not enough games are set in the Bronze Age, which really fits well for a character RPG since the Bronze Age combat from what I read revolved around a handful of Bronze Armored Champions/Kings/Lords just absolutely wrecking normal soldiers because metal weapons and armor were so rare most soldiers didn't have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Overall just beat the game this weekend playing as a rebel, honestly the game was really solid, I kind of like how the story progression felt in my head on this route. I initially went with the rebels because I really didn't trust the Chorus and Disfavored. Both guys were dicks in their own way (Nerat way more so) and it seemed sensible to side with the Triesman and recruit them into my own powerbase and just hope Tounon who seemed to be the most "powerful" archon protect my decisions. .

The progression on the rebel side was fun. You could essentially say "Yeah I am totally liberating you, and then turn around to the Judicator and say, nah not betraying just felt the other guys sucked and felt I could do better enforcing Kyros will. Eventually it gets to the point you become to big of a threat and you can start shifting your attitude from playing the rubes for Kyros favor towards "Holyshit I might have the power to become a new Overlord" option. Sad I couldn't recruit Bleden Mark, he was amusing when I went to Tounon's Court I was honestly expecting Bleden Mark to help me kill the later rather than convincing the other to bend the knee. The only faction that really felt too dumb to live is the Bronze Brotherhood, guys your loving mercenaries having undying loyalty to your batshit crazy leader was... odd. Picking the forgebound just made too much sense, I would rather have these powerful mages creating weapons for my not insane Stalwart soldiers and Vendrien guards than some idiot mercs, I am sure there are other bands I could dig up from somewhere.

I liked the worldbuilding and magic system of the games, The Sigils were fun and customizable. Crafting had alot of options, but resource caps hampered making cool poo poo for me somewhat. The whole Bronze Age of Heroes shtick worked well for the game and felt more interesting than alot of Pseudo-Medieval worlds. I am excited to see what comes next in the series, and as others mentioned I actually finished this game compared to PoE which felt like a slog.

Dolash posted:

You might want to hold onto it, especially if you play a character using a lot of heavy armor and weapons, since there's a lot of artifacts and upgrades to craft and you normally won't have all the metal you need for all of them. Mages need it less.

Wait can you melt down armor and poo poo? I was drowning in rings by the end, but never had enough metal to upgrade my parties equipment.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Nov 21, 2016

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I keep buying Obsidian Games just hoping they make another game like Alpha Protocol., which in my lovely opinion is one of the best Action RPG's ever made.

• Locked thread