Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Are the DLCs worth it or am I ok just snagging the base game which happens to be on sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003

wiegieman posted:

Just the base game would be fine, you don't need the DLCs. Bastard's Wound is only okay, Tales From the Tiers is pretty much unnoticeable.

Thanks for the answer. $18 seems like a good price for the game so I’ll snag it.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
Just finished the game and maybe I'm a heretic for saying this but I actual enjoyed this game a bit more than Pillars. The combat while still RTwP felt a lot better, probably because I really enjoyed the spell system. I think the story was a more cohesive as well, probably because they didn't need to do as much world building like they did in Pillars. Also every RPG going forward needs to have lore tooltips built into the conversations like they did here, many that was super handy.

• Locked thread