Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

SoggyBobcat posted:

Huh? What the hell do you expect from your RPG sidequests? Would that quest have been better if it was just taking revenge on the bear and bringing its pelt back to the friend?

There will always be the idiotic faction of IT AIN'T BALDUR'S GATE diehards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
The number one thing I wanted from PoE was a diverse system where you could make muscle wizards and scholar barbarians and Duelist themed Rogues and shotgun Paladins and a 6 Moon Godlike Chanter Rock Band and they absolutely, completely delivered on that front. If Tyranny has a similarly deep system, I'll probably love it.

I thought PoE's story was generic fantasy fare, but I really appreciated the companions and I felt they made the journey worth it. I realized midway through that I was more interested in helping my team with their stories than my own, but I was honestly fine with it. The fact all their stories tied into the big reveal at the end was well done.

Yes, I even liked Grieving Mother.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Just started a game the other night as an Unarmed/Vigor fighter with high Subterfuge/Lore/Athletics and I have to say, being a combination of Colombo and Dirty Harry is really, really appealing to me right now.

This game seems really fun! My only complaint is that my Fatebender feels really weak in combat at the moment -- any good tips for a character with my skills?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

well poo poo

I'd still like to use Unarmed if possible. Any good unarmed builds?

e: actually I may just stick with it if it gets better! I don't mind endgame builds.

And yeah, the roleplay skills are awesome and I don't regret taking them at all.

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 8, 2016

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Does anyone know what the max level is? How many talent points should I expect to have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Perfect, thanks!

• Locked thread