Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Darkhold posted:

Minor Edit: I guess I should say that AP isn't bad so much as very clearly a collection of spy cliches. Bad is a poor way to describe it as it was doing what it was supposed to but I don't feel the writing was actually great on that just passable enough to make the dynamic way it responds carry the game more than the actual story it told.
I'm not even sure what you're ranting about? Which quests had good guy is actually bad resolutions? And calling out a game that was specifically a homage to old games for not turning things on their head is very weird.

I'd be happy to give you the gods reveal at the end fell a bit flat and the fact the danger to the player wasn't communicated well at all but you seem to be complaining about things that weren't notable enough for me to even notice or things the game was specifically trying to do.

It's been awhile so I don't have complaints about specific pieces of writing, but... I played through a little over half of it and could not care less about anything happening in the story or background. Whenever an NPC gave a text dump about the setting it was like reading about someone trying to describe the plot of Kingdom Hearts. The presentation might have been part of the problem, just huge blocks of text with no relation to reality or even anything that was happening in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread