Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
WE made it through another week goons! How are you going to spend all that hard earned money that was deposited into your bank account just after midnight?

I'm going to pay rent with mine :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna blow it all today & tomorrow and then live off $20 until next friday

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

still saving up for the hitman...

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

uh that's next Thursday op

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

Sokrateez posted:

uh that's next Thursday op

this, op, you loving rear end in a top hat. thank for reminding me i have like $60 to live on until then.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

safetyStanddown posted:

this, op, you loving rear end in a top hat. thank for reminding me i have like $60 to live on until then.

I'm glad that I could help!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

safetyStanddown posted:

How hard is it to live off $60 for a week? That's enough for food, beer, and weed.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I get paid every Thursday, I'm not sure why.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I'm gonna buy enough cocaine to hopefully burst my heart

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

John Denver Hoxha posted:

I'm gonna buy enough cocaine to hopefully burst my heart

You have to save some for the strippers :ohdear:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
If payday falls on a weekend, I get paid beforehand, and I get thur/friday's off, bitch.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I'm supposed to get paid Thursday's but I guess my bank is chill and so I get paid Wednesday's in the wee hours of the morning. This isn't actually too bad because I shouldn't be spending all of my money during the weekend and then living off of nothing like the people who posted earlier. I'm so busy W-Th-F that I never end up spending any money anyway. By the time I get to the weekend any bills, food, or expenses were already handled earlier.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
uhhh, steam sale.... DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Pay my bills and rent

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I just bought this lol

Vroom vroom motherfuckers!!!!!!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Paid weekly for labour? How common and vulgar.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Hey guysh, what a great flat! Maybe we should shtop robbing banksh and move into politicsh...

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Just lol if u have to wait for payday to spend money.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

revmoo posted:

There were a lot of people like that where I used to work. I don't know how I could even do that, I am too anxious, I would have a heart attack.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It's good to have a bunch of money in the bank

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

With BREXIT happening I'm going to cash the check and shove the entire wad up my rear end for safe keeping

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

So I made a decision that I hope is the correct one. On the surface, it may seem like an unwise decision. However, I believe my rationale for it is sound.
Basically, the $600 we pay per month for daycare for our son just so I could work at Wells Fargo was eating up all of our money to the point where bills and even rent was getting paid late.
I decided to quit Wells Fargo and get on full-time as a delivery driver at Dominos. I can get scheduled hours where our son doesn't require any daycare at all and where I can make as much, if not more, than I was making working at Wells Fargo. I was only making $12/hr at Wells to do a very stressful job that really should have come with a much higher pay rate. With my tips, money I get for gas and my base pay at Dominos, I easily make anywhere from $13-$18/hr delivering pizzas. Our cars are extremely fuel efficient. So at the most, it costs me a $1/hr for gas to do that job. And when I deliver, I make closer to the $17/hr range with everything.
I got poo poo full of being broke four days before payday or when payday came, there not being enough money to cover everything. What's nice about delivering is you get all your tips at the end of the night. That's about 60-70% of what I make. I will just have to make sure I'm paying bills with some of that money. This is just a temporary solution as I don't want to deliver pizzas forever but we need to get our finances in order and live within our means instead of above them. Daycare is just out of reach for us financially right now. I've taken about 85 deliveries for Dominos. Average tip per delivery is around $3.75 and I've only been stiffed twice which is pretty good I think. So yeah, working from 6-1:45 a.m. delivering tonight. Gonna be a late night/early morning for me. Hoping to get to bed by 3:30 a.m.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Windows 98 posted:

I'm supposed to get paid Thursday's but I guess my bank is chill and so I get paid Wednesday's in the wee hours of the morning. This isn't actually too bad because I shouldn't be spending all of my money during the weekend and then living off of nothing like the people who posted earlier. I'm so busy W-Th-F that I never end up spending any money anyway. By the time I get to the weekend any bills, food, or expenses were already handled earlier.

wow I'm mad I thought I was gonna come in here and be ballin because my bank puts the money in my account on Thursday instead of Friday but you just had to show me up well gently caress you

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The Steam Sale thread said I gotta spend it all on games.

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

Hector Beerlioz posted:

It's good to have a bunch of money in the bank

Yeah.
Just sprinkle some more coins on top of the pile. It all looks the same these days.

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Windows 98 posted:

I'm so busy W-Th-F that I never end up spending any money anyway.

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

vyst posted:

With BREXIT happening I'm going to cash the check and shove the entire wad up my rear end for safe keeping

*snickers nefariously*

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Wee Stubby Nublet posted:

*snickers nefariously*

Thanks for laughing. Please like and subscribe to my posts! Thanks :3:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Steam Summer Sale.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Who cares? My bank account runneth over, I spend my money when I feel like it bitch.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

:drat: I look hot

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

revmoo posted:

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
I'm a cosmetologist, I may not be getting paid for another two weeks but I make a lot in tips that I get to pretend is play money (my commission covers my bills with some extra)

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Throwdown posted:

I'm a cosmetologist, I may not be getting paid for another two weeks but I make a lot in tips that I get to pretend is play money (my commission covers my bills with some extra)

Make a thread about cool stars you have discovered

this joke works two ways :v:

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Gonna eat me a bunch of foods! :sax:

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
I get paid on the 10th and the 25th and if it falls on the weekend I have to wait for Monday.

But, I don't live paycheck to paycheck so jokes on all my coworkers who spend all their money!

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

OctoberBlues posted:

So I made a decision that I hope is the correct one. On the surface, it may seem like an unwise decision. However, I believe my rationale for it is sound.
Basically, the $600 we pay per month for daycare for our son just so I could work at Wells Fargo was eating up all of our money to the point where bills and even rent was getting paid late.
I decided to quit Wells Fargo and get on full-time as a delivery driver at Dominos. I can get scheduled hours where our son doesn't require any daycare at all and where I can make as much, if not more, than I was making working at Wells Fargo. I was only making $12/hr at Wells to do a very stressful job that really should have come with a much higher pay rate. With my tips, money I get for gas and my base pay at Dominos, I easily make anywhere from $13-$18/hr delivering pizzas. Our cars are extremely fuel efficient. So at the most, it costs me a $1/hr for gas to do that job. And when I deliver, I make closer to the $17/hr range with everything.
I got poo poo full of being broke four days before payday or when payday came, there not being enough money to cover everything. What's nice about delivering is you get all your tips at the end of the night. That's about 60-70% of what I make. I will just have to make sure I'm paying bills with some of that money. This is just a temporary solution as I don't want to deliver pizzas forever but we need to get our finances in order and live within our means instead of above them. Daycare is just out of reach for us financially right now. I've taken about 85 deliveries for Dominos. Average tip per delivery is around $3.75 and I've only been stiffed twice which is pretty good I think. So yeah, working from 6-1:45 a.m. delivering tonight. Gonna be a late night/early morning for me. Hoping to get to bed by 3:30 a.m.

tldr can you bullet it or something?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

psychokitty posted:

tldr can you bullet it or something?

I gather this person quit their job at Wells Fargo to instead deliver pizzas, it always makes me chuckle. :)

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

OctoberBlues posted:

I gather this person quit their job at Wells Fargo to instead deliver pizzas, it always makes me chuckle. :)

oh i thought it was your story, muffin :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
I get paid monthly like civilized people. Who also do not care about the exact day because there is always money in the bank.

• Locked thread