Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Alain

The sudden shift from talking to violence catches Alain off guard. He fumbles with his belt, trying to bring his wand up to meet the threat.

Inititiative: 1d20+1 2

Going to use Shield in response to a successful attack

pre:
Stats
HP          23/27
AC          11
PD          11
MD          15
Rec.        8/8 (1d6+2)

Spells

Per-battle
Countermagic

At-Will
Ray of Frost

Daily
Acid Arrow
Charm Person

Recharge
Shield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

The battle that breaks out is a strange one. With several orcs, eager to take you up on the offer of potential long-term employment, your numbers are evenly matched.

Two orcs remain atop the wooden dam, opting to attack with battered bows and arrows that do not resemble any orcish designs you may have seen. It appears that many of the threats within this forest are armed with weapons and armour they have stolen or scavenged from bodies.
Three charge into melee range, two of them are slightly smaller than the third. They attack with swords and shields, but their defensive stances are weak and lack real fortification. The third carries no shield at all, swinging a bloodstained greataxe with both hands. His chest hair is matted with gore and his fangs drip spittle as he wades into the fray. The mere presence of this barbaric figure seems to inspire greater violence and bloodlust in his allies.

Delilah's insulting tongue draws the attention of both archers. The first unleashes an arrow that strikes her square in the chest, embedding itself in her armour. The second fires an arrow, clearly intended for the halfling, but the bow in her hands is far too small and delicate to be used accurately. The barbed projectile she unleashes seems to be designed for a crossbow, rather than the weapon in her hands, and instead of striking the halfling, she hits her ally in the shoulder. He turns, eyes blind with rage and roars wordlessly at her. For a moment it appears that he may turn on his own, but he manages to curtail the fury for a moment, and channels it back in the correct direction. The archer, chastised, attempts another attack, but though the arrow is better chosen, Delilah easily knocks it away.

Initiative: 1d20+5 23
Initiative: 1d20+3 6
Initiative: 1d20+5 13
Orcish Archer R vs Delilah AC: 1d20+6 22 Hit for 7 damage!
Orcish Archer B vs Delilah AC: 1d20+6 7 Critical miss! She hits Orcish bereserker for 7 damage instead. This triggers another attack.
Orcish Archer B Vs Delilah AC: 1d20+6 15 Miss!

Ludwig and Thora are up at 0 escalation.

pre:
23. Orcish Archer R    AC18 PD17 MD13 32/32 HP (Crit range 17+)
23. Orcish Archer B    AC18 PD17 MD13 32/32 HP (Crit range (17+)
15. Ludwig             AC13 PD13 MD13 24/24 HP
13. Thora              AC20 PD14 MD14 30/33 HP
13. Orcish Beserker    AC16 PD15 MD13 33/40 HP
8. Delilah             AC19 PD14 MD11 22/30 HP 
6. Orcish Warrior R    AC16 PD14 MD10 30/30 HP (Crit range 17+)
6. Orcish Warrior B    AC16 PD14 MD10 30/30 HP (Crit range 17+)
2. Keeper              AC19 PD14 MD13 27/30 HP 
2. Alain               AC11 PD11 MD15 23/27 HP (On attack, cast sheild)
Escalation: 0

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ludwig

Ludwig mentally directs the tension that's felt all around to concentrate, and then unload, on the approaching berserker. From out of nowhere, lightning strikes, but the berserker makes an unexpected step to the left... or would, if that wasn't where Thora approaches from, and the bolt strikes the orc squarely in the noggin. The resulting thunderclap has one of the warriors wince in pain.

Ludwig's senses are on high alert now, and he mentally prepares to remove himself from a melee with the orc warriors, which seems all but unavoidable now... and the rest of the group notices his features become ever so slightly more refined and his ears subtly pointier as magic settles into a new pattern around him.

Bolt and Thunder vs. Berserker (PD): 1d20+5 14 mysteriously 15 1d4+4 8
1 - red, 2 - blue: 1d2 1
8 lightning damage to the berserker, and 8 thunder damage to warrior Red.
Chaos Magic: 1d5 1 - Attack
Attacking Warp + High Weirdness: 1d6 3 1d100 69
Random racial ability: 1d8 3 - Highblood Teleport

pre:
Ludwig
Chaos Magic: aaddii

Next spell category: Attack
If I get critted, I roll for a High Weirdness effect
Until the end of my next turn, I can pop free from staggered enemies as a free action.
Until the end of my next turn, I can use the High Elf racial Highblood Teleport.

HP: 24/24
Recoveries: 8/8
Recovery dice: 1d6+2

AC 13
PD 13
MD 13

Daily Spells [ ]
Once-per-battle Spells [ ]

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 15, 2016

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Thora Hrasken, Dwarf Paladin

Thora doesn't hesitate -- how can she? There's an obvious leader here, already wounded and angry, and the only thing to do is to engage him before he could reach her allies. She charges in, a swift end to the conflict on her mind, and directed a wild hammer swing towards the berserker -- undisciplined but nonetheless forceful. "Be careful!" she calls out. "Watch for the archers!"

Melee Basic vs. AC 16, Orcish Berserker + Smite Evil: 1d20+4 7
Welp: Half damage on SE miss: 1d8+1d12+3 20 = 10 final damage to the Berserker
Triggering the Leadership domain power to give my allies +1 attack against the Berserker until the end of my next turn.

pre:
Stats		                         	            	   
HP	30/33	                           
AC	20	                                               
PD	14                                   
MD	14                                    
Rec.	8/9 (1d10+3)                  
MBA     1d20+4; 1d8+3
RBA	1d20+1; 1d6      

Battle/At-Will*		                       Daily
[ ] Bastion                   		       [ ] Hammer of Faith
[ ] Divine Domain: Leadership* (1/rd)	       [x][ ] Bonus Smite Evil Uses
[ ] Racial: That's Your Best Shot?	       [ ] Invocation of Leadership
[x] Smite Evil

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

The orcs sitting out of the fight glance around as thunder rolls across the riverbed and lightning dances around the beserker's muscular bulk. The damage dealt against such a formidable opponent is already notable. Lifting his greataxe in one hand, and bellowing at the great open sky, the berserker takes a mighty swing straight for Thora. There is an almighty crunch as the blade strikes her squarely in the chest, lifting her several feet off of the ground, to land on her feet. The armour takes the vast vast majority of the blow that would surely have killed her without it, but she is still left breathless and rattled.

Orcish Berserker Vs Thora AC: 1d20+7 20 Hit for 8 damage!

Delilah is up at 0 escalation.

pre:
13. Thora              AC20 PD14 MD14 22/33 HP
13. Orcish Beserker    AC16 PD15 MD13 15/40 HP STAGGERED
8. Delilah             AC19 PD14 MD11 22/30 HP (+1 against berserker)
6. Orcish Warrior R    AC16 PD14 MD10 22/30 HP (Crit range 17+)
2. Keeper              AC19 PD14 MD13 27/30 HP (+1 against berserker) 
2. Alain               AC11 PD11 MD15 23/27 HP (On attack, cast sheild) (+1 against berserker)

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Delilah Heartspring, Halfling Fighter

Grunting as she breaks off and tears away the arrow, Delilah's eyes scan about the battlefield. The archers, she decided, could be left alone for now, and on the ground there were three immediate threats. Under normal circumstances, she would have gone and held off the two with swords. But the big one who had just taken a swing at Thora seemed to be inspiring the others with his presence, which meant he needed taking care of first.

Melee Attack v. Orcish Berserker (AC 16, +1 Leadership): 1d20+6 22
Melee Damage v. Orcish Berserker (HP 15): 1d8+4 7

"Hands off the dwarf, ugly!"

Before the orc can recover from his backswing, Delilah rushes forward, charging into him with her shield and knocking him back. Having gained some distance and noticing how wounded the orc looked, Delilah's attention began to turn towards the other combatants.

Shield bash, berserker pops free from me + Thora. Going to intercept the warriors if they don't go for me if possible, and using Evasive to reroll a hit at -2.
pre:
Stats
HP          22/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Threatening: -3 to disengage checks against me
Battle/At-Will*
[x] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[x] Racial: Evasive
[ ] Tough as Iron
[ ] Skilled Intercept* (1/rd)
[ ] Counter-Attack* (1/rd)

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Thick white forth spills from the berserker's lips. The veins in his arms and legs visibly bulge and undulate second by second, the blood pumping through in lumps with each thudding pump of his overworked heart. You suspect that if the orcs were to be victorious in this battle, he would drop dead the moment the adrenaline wore off. His screams have gone from primal, to inarticulate and monstrous, to a sound like grating metal over rolling thunder.

The warriors seem very wary of getting within the range of the berserkers axe, and split around him, one heading for Delilah, the other for Thora. The first is put off by the presence of the berserker screaming behind him, and Delilah easily uses her shield to withstand the blow. The second, is luckier however, and his sword swings below Thora's defenses and hits her squarely in the chest.

Orc Red Vs Delilah AC = 12 Miss!
Orc Blue Vs Thora AC = 24, Crit! Ouch! 12 damage!

Orokos is playing up for me - something to do with Cookies that it sometimes does. We'll work on the honour system for a round.
Keeper and Alain are up at 0 escalation.

pre:
13. Thora              AC20 PD14 MD14 10/33 HP STAGGERED
13. Orcish Beserker    AC16 PD15 MD13 8/40 HP STAGGERED
8. Delilah             AC19 PD14 MD11 22/30 HP (Intercept Warriors) (Reroll a hit at -2)
2. Keeper              AC19 PD14 MD13 27/30 HP (+1 against berserker) 
2. Alain               AC11 PD11 MD15 23/27 HP (On attack, cast sheild) (+1 against berserker)

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Keeper, Forgeborn Cleric

”Uruk countermeasures needed, activating Probability Flattener. Thora-dwarf, prepare for for emergency fortification” A halo of cold light springs to life above Keeper’s head, mirrored by smaller figments above his companions’ heads. Thora is infused with healing light, but it feels more distant than Keeper’s usual magics.

Invocation of Community:This battle, critical hits against you and your nearby allies deal normal damage instead of critical damage. (Better late than never)

Healing Thora: use a recovery+2

Now that the Shrine Defense Force was bolstered, it was time to go on the offensive. Threat Analysis recommended focus-fire, with the berserker designated as the primary threat. Keeper’s prayer emitter hummed as Emac’s justice filled it before being focused on the frothing orc.
Javelin of Faith vs PD15: 1d20+5 14
Damage: 1 (bah, even with the bonus…)

The berserker was obviously fortified against the divine, perhaps a minion of the Uncaring Ones?

pre:
Keeper
Stats		                   Battle/At-will*	            	Daily
HP	27/30	                   [] Spirits of the Righteous          [ ] Bless
AC	19	                   [ ] Javelin of Faith*              	[ ] Shield of Faith
PD	14                         [ ] Racial: Never Say Die*
MD	13                         [x][] Heal                           [ ] Invocation of Lore
Rec.	6/8 (1d8+3)                                                     [x] Invocation of Community
MBA     1d20+3; 1d6+2                                                   [ ] Invocation of Healing

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Thora Hrasken, Dwarf Paladin

The berserker's blow knocks Thora off-balance, and the second orc strikes before she can react; it's all she can do under the circumstances to stay on her feet, dazed and bleeding, until Keeper's magic bolsters her. Thora inhales deeply, feeling strength and focus return -- with luck, it would be enough to turn the tide again.

Heal-boosted Recovery: 1d10+5 13
Back up to 23 HP, which I believe clears Staggered as well.

pre:
Stats		                         	            	   
HP	23/33	                           
AC	20	                                               
PD	14                                   
MD	14                                    
Rec.	7/9 (1d10+3)                  
MBA     1d20+4; 1d8+3
RBA	1d20+1; 1d6      

[x] Smite Evil

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

Alain

Alain's struggles finally manage to free his wand from his belt loop, and he immediately flies into an incantation, hoping to make up for lost ground. But the casting is a hurried one, and he lets it fly before taking full stock of his mark -- the beam of super-cooled frost arcs wildly, merely grazing the lead orc.

Ice Beam against berserker: 1d20+4 7
Bleh. 1 Damage.

I actually made a mistake and forgot to update the stat block I copied. Alain used a recovery when the party rested after fighting the goblins, so he's down one recovery but at full health

pre:
Stats
HP          27/27
AC          11
PD          11
MD          15
Rec.        7/8 (1d6+2)

Spells

Per-battle
Countermagic

At-Will
Ray of Frost

Daily
Acid Arrow
Charm Person

Recharge
Shield

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

As two consecutive attacks fail to break through the orcish berserker's formidable defences of pure rage, the archers at the back of the battle loose arrows. It appears both are desperately trying to avoid infuriating their berserking ally, as the arrows soar over the skirmish at the centre of the battefield, and head directly for the back ranks. The first strikes Ludwig in the thigh. The second looks as if it is going to strike Alain squarely in the face when it suddenly ricochets off into the ground. A ripple spreads across the air in front of the wizard's face like a heatwave, then something in the magical realm shatters and it is gone. The archer, incensed by the kill stolen from him by magic, unleashes a second attack. The arrow hits Alain, but it is a far less lethal shot.

Orcish Archer R vs Ludwig AC: 1d20+6 15 Hit! 7 damage!
Orcish Archer B vs Alain AC: 1d20+6 14n Hit! Triggering shield.
Reroll: 1d20+6 18 Hit! 7 damage!

Map is the same.

Ludwig and Thora are up at 1 escalation.

pre:
15. Ludwig             AC13 PD13 MD13 17/24 HP 
13. Thora              AC20 PD14 MD14 23/33 HP
13. Orcish Beserker    AC16 PD15 MD13 6/40 HP STAGGERED
8. Delilah             AC19 PD14 MD11 22/30 HP (Intercept Warriors) (Reroll a hit at -2)
2. Keeper              AC19 PD14 MD13 27/30 HP  
2. Alain               AC11 PD11 MD15 20/27 HP 
Escalation: 1

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jul 18, 2016

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ludwig

Ludwig stumbles back from the arrow's force and swears, watching the words bubble out of his mouth and hover around his head in an unhealthy looking angry cloud from which spikes protrude. Well... fight fire with fire, right? He takes hold of the swearing and hurls it straight at the berserker, who doesn't appear to even think of dodging and takes almost the full force of the attack.

Then Ludwig hunkers down and tries to think of a spell of healing. He chances upon... something. Not at all sure if it's really healing but it'll have to do in any case.

He appears to be his old self again. Maybe he's getting used to changing shape and snaps back more quickly now.

Chaos Ray vs. Berserker (PD): 1d20+7 20 1d8+4 11
Chaos Magic: 1d4 2 - Defense

pre:
Ludwig

Next spell category: Defense

HP: 17/24
Recoveries: 8/8

AC 13
PD 13
MD 13

Daily Spells [ ]
Once-per-battle Spells [X]

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Thora Hrasken

It's starting to get easier to understand what Ludwig's doing, or perhaps just easier to accept. As the berserker falls to a volley of barbed words, Thora focuses on who's left -- the pair of warriors, one of whom has already taken a blow. She moves in to engage the wounded orc, trying to draw upon her reservoir of fresh strength to keep herself in the fight. With their leader incapacitated, surely they'd have less fight in them now?

The orc snarls and twists away from her hammer-blow, which only grazes his arm. No, Thora thinks, perhaps they still have fight in them...

Melee Basic vs. AC16, Orcish Warrior R: 1d20+5 7
jesus christ orokos
1 miss damage, and invoke Divine Domain: Leadership to give my allies +1 attack versus Orcish Warrior R until the start of my next turn.

pre:
Stats		                         	            	   
HP	23/33	                           
AC	20	                                               
PD	14                                   
MD	14                                    
Rec.	7/9 (1d10+3)                  
MBA     1d20+4; 1d8+3
RBA	1d20+1; 1d6      

[x] Smite Evil

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

With what appeared to be their leader down thanks to Ludwig's efforts, Delilah was free to focus her attention on trying to keep Thora up. However, even with the dwarf's assistance in lowering the orc's guard, Delilah's strike goes wild, only scratching at the orc's skin. Can't win them all, she thought. Best she could do was to hope to continue to distract one of the warriors.

"C'mon, c'mon! We may be half your size, but we're twice as good as you lot will ever be!"
Melee Attack v. Orcish Warrior R (AC 16): 1d20+7 13
Damage: 1 Miss

Defensive Fighting so +2 AC for the round, and still using Evasive to reroll a hit at -2.
pre:
Stats
HP          22/30
AC          19 (+2)
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[x] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

The chaotic cloud of vile utterances strikes the berserker directly in the chest and rends through his flesh like a cloud of acid. His limbs twitch and his eyes roll back, but still he does not fall. With monumental effort, he lifts his great axe one last time and with a gurgling scream, charges at Ludwig. His axe comes down hard on the chaos mage, a painful blow that doesn't stop as the great orc simply crumples behind the swing, dead. Their leader dispatched, a ripple of concern spreads through the remaining orcs, but their fates are determined, they will not back out.

One of the orc warriors, having been set upon by both Thora and Delilah responds by swinging back with his sword, but it is a clumsy and awkward blow that hits nothing but air. The other, seeing an opening, takes a swing for the back of the paladin's head, but is equally unlucky.

The deathblow triggers the berserker's swan song.[/i]
Berserker Vs Ludwig AC: 1d20+7 17 Hit for 8 damage! Ludwig is staggered.
Orcish Warrior R Vs Thora AC: 1d20+6 19 Miss!
Orc Warrior B vs Thora AC: 1d20+6 11 Miss!
I forgot you could be engaged to multiple foes so had the orc originally go for Alain. Instead, he's staying where he has, hence the miss against Thora.

Keeper and Alain are up at 1 escalation

pre:
23. Orcish Archer R    AC18 PD17 MD13 32/32 HP 
23. Orcish Archer B    AC18 PD17 MD13 32/32 HP 
15. Ludwig             AC13 PD13 MD13 09/24 HP STAGGERED (+1 against Orcish Warrrior R)
13. Thora              AC20 PD14 MD14 23/33 HP (+1 against Orcish Warrrior R)
8. Delilah             AC19 PD14 MD11 22/30 HP (+2 AC) (Reroll a hit at -2) (+1 against Orcish Warrrior R)
6. Orcish Warrior R    AC16 PD14 MD10 21/30 HP 
6. Orcish Warrior B    AC16 PD14 MD10 30/30 HP 
2. Keeper              AC19 PD14 MD13 27/30 HP  (+1 against Orcish Warrrior R)
2. Alain               AC11 PD11 MD15 20/27 HP (+1 againt Orcish Warrrior R)
Escalation: 1

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Keeper, Forgeborn Cleric

Multiple high priority threat sources. Plotting multi-point attack plan.Xaosician Ludwig, prepare for fortification. The Keeper-unit will draw the fire of the ranged foes, be prepared to take advantage.” The prayer emitter cycles into a high-pitched shriek as energy arcs between Thora’s foe and Ludwig. A quick burst of healing energy is also directed at the gnome.

Spirits of the Righteous vs MD 10 (Orc R): 1d20+6 13
SoR Damage: 4d6+3 26, Lugwig gains +4 AC until the end of my next turn.
Quick Action to Heal Ludwig: Recovery+2

The orc falls to the dirt unconscious, its vital essence transferred to Ludwig. An opening is presented to Keeper, and he takes advantage. Prongs fold out from his arm, grasping his shield tighter as he runs to the dam below the archers, slamming into it at full speed. It would be too much to ask for the structure to collapse, but it should draw the archers’ attention. Orcish is a more common tongue than goblin, so Keeper has a few off-color phrase to hurl at them for add emphasis.

Only had a move left so I’m not rolling a check to unseat the archers, more for flavor at this point

pre:
Keeper
AC	19	                   [x] Javelin of Faith*              	[ ] Shield of Faith
MD	13                         [x][x] Heal                          [ ] Invocation of Lore
Rec.	6/8 (1d8+3)                                                     [x] Invocation of Community
MBA     1d20+3; 1d6+2                                                   [ ] Invocation of Healing

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ludwig

The orc arrow miraculously glides from Ludwig's leg at the slightest pull, and a wound that would normally gush blood now just trickles a little. Ludwig thanks whatever gods Keeps prays to and continues fishing for that elusive healing spell in his mind. He's almost got it nailed down.

Recovery: 1d6+4 9

pre:
Ludwig

Next spell category: Defense
Until the end of Keeper's next turn, I have +4 AC

HP: 18/24
Recoveries: 7/8

AC 17 (13+4)
PD 13
MD 13

Daily Spells [ ]

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

Alain

Alain staggers as the second arrow buries itself in his his shoulder. The pain is... well, let's just say the worst thing he's experienced in his life so far was dropping a large log onto his foot, resulting in a fractured toe. This was an order of magnitude worse. If he was, perhaps, a more developed abstract thinker, living in a world where concept and action were separate and such distinctions mattered, he might have taken this opportunity to reflect upon his choices up until this point, on the subtle web of events, assumptions and decisions that led him here, now, to the worst pain he has experienced in his life. He might have come away from this experience with a better understanding of who he was, what the world was, and a better sense of how to not put himself into positions where he will be shot with arrows.

But Alain was not such a thinker. This was not such a time.

There was only pain, and the animal reaction to pain. Roaring in hurt and fury, Alain spits out the uncanny syllables of a spell and hurls it at the archer. The air crackles and magic writes itself onto the universe, shifting into the shape of a torrent of frost and foot-long, needle-sharp icicles that slams into the orcish archer with sickening force.

Ray of Frost against Archer B: 1d20+5 23
Damage: 3d6 11

pre:
Stats
HP          20/27
AC          11
PD          11
MD          15
Rec.        7/8 (1d6+2)

Spells

Per-battle
Countermagic

At-Will
Ray of Frost

Daily
Acid Arrow
Charm Person
Utility Spell

Recharge
Shield

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

One of the archers grits her teeth as a lance of ice runs through her leg. Blood and steam pour from the wound as she falls to one knee, cursing and spitting in orcish. She raises her bow and launches an arrow back at the wizard, whilst her ally fires a barbed crossbow bolt awkwardly for the being of metal below them. The more observant among you notice that the archers seem driven on, perhaps invigorated by the time the battle is taking. Rather than growing tired and fearful like the warriors below them, they seem to be on the verge of gaining more confidence with each successful strike from their bows. One of them playfully runs her hands over the sword in her belt, seemingly contemplating going in for a closer style of combat.

Because you are below them, Keeper, you are not engaged with the archers. Get them down or get yourself up using a background check and that's a different story.
Orcish Archer R vs Alain AC: 1d20+6 23 Hit! 7 damage!
Orcish Archer B Vs Keeper AC: 1d20+6 23 Hit! 7 damage!
Lucky the berserker is down or they would both have been critical!

Ludwig, Thora and Delilah are up at 2 escalation

pre:
23. Orcish Archer B    AC18 PD17 MD13 21/32 HP 
15. Ludwig             AC13 PD13 MD13 18/24 HP (+4 AC)
13. Thora              AC20 PD14 MD14 23/33 HP 
8. Delilah             AC19 PD14 MD11 22/30 HP (+2 AC) (Reroll a hit at -2) 
6. Orcish Warrior B    AC16 PD14 MD10 30/30 HP 
2. Keeper              AC19 PD14 MD13 20/30 HP  
2. Alain               AC11 PD11 MD15 13/27 HP STAGGERED
Escalation: 2

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ludwig

"Is this really a healing spell?", Ludwig thinks once he's arranged the bits and pieces in his mind into a semi-coherent whole. "Oh well, here goes, right?" He speaks magic words... and the protective aura Keeper places around him twists into a new shape, oscillating and changing colour. Tentacle-like protrusions ooze from it and twitch in the direction of the orcs before melting back. It seems like the spell has somewhat improved it!

"Alain, you alright? Hey you," he calls out to the archer who fondled her sword, "why don't you come down there, you afraid?" Addressing Thora and Delilah and doing some shadowboxing, he adds "Hey ladies, let me have a go at this guy, why don't you?"

Maybe that'll get the archer to come down.

Chaos Blessing: 1d5 3 - Aura
Probably the worst possible outcome right now. :v:
Trying to push the archer's buttons by being an annoying jester: 1d20+4 12 plus stat
Chaos Magic: 1d3 1 - Attack
Warp + Weirdness: 1d6 4 1d100 8

pre:
Ludwig

The next enemy that moves to engage me takes 2d6 damage
Until the end of Keeper's next turn, I have +4 AC
Until the end of my next turn, I have +3 to Disengage checks

AC 17 (13+4)
PD 13
MD 13

Daily Spells [ ]

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Keeping her eyes trained on the orc warrior as she listens to the gnome's shouting, Delilah's surprise and confusion at his actual words almost cause her to miss, though in the end her blow lands true.

Melee Attack v. Orcish Warrior B (AC 16): 1d20+7 17
Melee Damage v. Orcish Warrior B (HP 30): 1d8+4 11

Though she questions what exactly Ludwig's plan is, Delilah attempts to break away from the orc as he recovers from her swing, to no avail. Frustrated that her retreat was blocked, the halfling raises up her shield again in preparation for any further onslaught.

"drat; sorry to say, Ludwig, but I'm a little tied up here!"

Disengage v. Orcish Warrior B (11+): 1d20 5
There went that plan. Defensive Fighting and Evasive again, so no change.

pre:
Stats
HP          22/30
AC          19 (+2)
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[x] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Thora Hrasken

"... Ludwig. I don't know what this is now, but... be careful."

Why does it always seem to come back to Ludwig? Probably because the rest of Thora's teammates are both predictable and reliable, and while Ludwig is surely a trustworthy companion, "predictable" and "reliable" are almost never appropriate words. Nonetheless, Thora can't stop him from taking a position at the front line, and she doesn't try -- but she prepares herself to intercept the orcish warrior should he come close to Ludwig, or should he make a break for Alain beyond them. Delilah's still fighting hard, though, and Thora decides the best defense would be to join her. There were the archers to worry about, too, and then who knows what else --

No! Thora, focus!

The voice of her better nature stirs Thora to action, and this time, her hammer-blow to the orc is refocused, straight, and true. That's it, she tells herself. Just keep your head about you and you'll see this through.

Melee Basic vs. AC 16, Orcish Warrior B: 1d20+6 25
Melee Basic Damage to Orcish Warrior B: 1d8+3 10
Tagging Orcish Warrior B with Divine Domain: Leadership to give +1 to attack rolls against him until the beginning of my next turn, in case anyone wants to do that last 9 damage. Also preparing Bastion if Ludwig or Alain get hit.

pre:
Stats		                         	            	   
HP	23/33	                           
AC	20	                                               
PD	14                                   
MD	14                                    
Rec.	7/9 (1d10+3)                  
MBA     1d20+4; 1d8+3
RBA	1d20+1; 1d6      

[x] Smite Evil

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 21, 2016

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

The archers are getting more and more pumped and the spilling blood, but Ludwig's taunting is not enough to get them down.

The orcish warrior takes his sword and swings it in a figure eight, splashing droplets of blood on the ground. He points at Thora and barks something, then swings for her arm.

Orcish Warrior B Vs Thora AC: 1d20+6 24 Hit! 6 damage!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/d1v12"><a href="//imgur.com/d1v12"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Keeper and Alain are up at 2 escalation

pre:
23. Orcish Archer B    AC18 PD17 MD13 21/32 HP 
15. Ludwig             AC13 PD13 MD13 18/24 HP (+4 AC) (+3 disengage)
13. Thora              AC20 PD14 MD14 17/33 HP (Intercept attacks against Alain or Ludwig)
6. Orcish Warrior B    AC16 PD14 MD10 9/30 HP STAGGERED (Attacks against this guys are at +1)
2. Keeper              AC19 PD14 MD13 20/30 HP  
2. Alain               AC11 PD11 MD15 13/27 HP STAGGERED
Escalation: 2

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Keeper, Forgeborn Cleric

Deploying secondary Hope Generator. Alain-human prepare for fortification.

Invocation of Healing. Heal for Alain, use a free recovery+2

Keeper focuses on the dam and the archers, Tactical Module churning. Wood and tar construction would suggest a fire-based approach. The dam needed to be removed anyways, and even if it didn’t burn the archers it would still distract them. His hand folds back into manipulation mode as he sprays lubricant on the dam from the reserve bladder to act as an accelerant. “Stand clear of the structure, it is about to become unstable!

Keeper extends his flint-nails and scrapes his fingers across his shield, showering the highly flammable mixture with sparks. He then backs up away from the base of the dam to have a better angle on the archers’ movements.

Mechanical Secrets to Burn the Dam: 1d20+2 17 (+stat)

pre:
Keeper
AC	19	                   [x] Javelin of Faith*              	[ ] Shield of Faith
MD	13                         [x][x] Heal                          [ ] Invocation of Lore
MBA     1d20+3; 1d6+2                                                   [x] Invocation of Healing

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ludwig

"Are you sure that's a good idea? Shouldn't we have got the water back first just in case?"

To be fair though, Ludwig can't say the idea hasn't occurred to him. The majority of the aura around him fades, but here and there protrusions continue to flicker in and out of existence.

Not my turn, not actually taking any actions, might as well update the stat block though.

pre:
Ludwig

Until the end of my next turn, I have +3 to Disengage checks

AC 13
PD 13
MD 13

Daily Spells [ ]

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

Alain

Was that arrow the worst pain Alain has ever felt? No, scratch that. The next two arrows were the worst pain he's ever felt. Being shot three times was somehow more than strictly additive. Between the shafts in his arm and torso, his whole body was white-hot agony, bringing him to his knees and causing him to drop his wand, which clatters to the ground a short distance away.

Recovery +2 from Keeper's spell: 1d6+4 9

The pain is short lived, however, as a gentle blue light engulfs him an the flesh begins to knit, pushing the arrows out like dead branches sloughing off from a live tree. Keeper's magic is so different from his. Normally, he'd stop to admire it, but this was battle, and he had more important things on his mind. His hands knit in a complicated gesture, and he sends another volley of needle-sharp icicles arcing toward the orcs on the dam.

Ray of Frost against Orcish Archer B: 1d20+6 22
Damage roll for Ray of Frost: 1d6 5
Damage roll for Ray of Frost: 2d6 3
Kind of hosed up on that roll and rolled 2 dice instead of 3. Oh well. 8 Damage

pre:
Stats
HP          22/27
AC          11
PD          11
MD          15
Rec.        7/8 (1d6+2)

Spells

Per-battle
Countermagic

At-Will
Ray of Frost

Daily
Acid Arrow
Charm Person
Utility Spell

Recharge
Shield

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

The sparks take hold of the dam and the fire spreads quickly through what is clearly dry wood. The orcish archers seem keen to hold their position, but ultimately they are left with no choice but to leap down into the riverbed. As the dam begins to fall apart there is no terrible rush of water. Peering through the flames you see nothing on the other side but more dry earth and dust. One is pierced through with shards as ice as they land awkwardly either side of Keeper.

As their blood splatters the ground, the archers are thrown into a frenzy. It is nothing like the blood-boiling rage of the fallen barbarian, rather they seem envigored with confidence as they hold their own against you. The first archer drops his bow and lunges forth with a dagger, stabbing it deep into one of Keeper's joints. The second swings, but her attack goes wide.

Orcish Ranger R Vs Keeper AC: 1d20+9 27 Hit! 9 damage!
Orcish Archer vs Keeper AC: 1d20+0 6 Accidentally pressed 0 instead of 9, should have been 15 and a miss!

Ludwig, Thora and Delilah are up at +3 escalation!

pre:
23. Orcish Archer R    AC18 PD17 MD13 32/32 HP +3 to melee and damage.
23. Orcish Archer B    AC18 PD17 MD13 13/32 HP STAGGERED. +3 to melee and damage.
15. Ludwig             AC13 PD13 MD13 18/24 HP (+4 AC) (+3 disengage)
13. Thora              AC20 PD14 MD14 17/33 HP (Intercept attacks against Alain or Ludwig)
6. Orcish Warrior B    AC16 PD14 MD10 9/30 HP STAGGERED (Attacks against this guys are at +1)
2. Keeper              AC19 PD14 MD13 11/30 HP STAGGERED  
2. Alain               AC11 PD11 MD15 22/27 HP 
Escalation: 3

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ludwig

Ludwig quickly takes stock. Two of the orcs are quite badly injured, but the third seems fresh as a daisy. A particularly sweaty and hairy daisy, true, but he doesn't look like he'll pushing them up anytime soon. In addition, pretty much everyone of his friends is nursing a wound. The sooner this ends, the better.

As soon as he's had that thought, an idea occurs. Speak this word in conjunction with drawing that sigil, and the results can be... quite astonishing indeed. If it's done just right. Ludwig steps in the middle of the battlefield, takes a deep breath and does as the idea tells him to...

... and his eyes briefly flash bright red as the flow of magic lifts him in the air, three orc fist sized cubes of pure energy that shift colours in geometric patterns fly out from his hand in a spiral and go straight for the orcs; one archer just manages to dodge, while the other is slammed into the dam and goes cross-eyed, and the wounded warrior next to Thora and Delilah drops altogether.

There is a sudden stench of sulfur in the air, and you see Ludwig grin at the archers. Wider than anyone's supposed to be able to, and decidedly evilly. "Which of you wants to be next?"

Move so every enemy is nearby.
Daily time! Blarrrrgh! - Number of enemies: 1d6 4 - that's all of them.
Blarrrrgh! (PD; Warrior, Archer R, Archer B): 2#1d20+7 24 16 1d20+8 24 3d6+4 14 (messed up the order - the +8 is the warrior, let's take the other two in order)
Archer B: 1 Miss damage
Warrior and Archer R: 14 damage
Effect for Archer R: 1d4 1 - Dazed (save ends)
Chaos Magic: 1d2 2
Iconic Roll: 1d12 3 - :siren:The Diabolist:siren:

pre:
Ludwig

Next spell category: Iconic - The Diabolist

AC 13
PD 13
MD 13

Daily Spells [X]

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 25, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Delilah's blade pulls back, fully intent on finishing off the already heavily injured warrior before her when a light streaks over, throwing the orc to the ground. Her usual combat smirk widens further as the gnome's taunting fills the aftermath, and she gestures towards the remaining archers as she looks to Thora.

"Let's get in there, yeah?"

Charging forward, the halfling speeds off towards her surrounded forgeborn friend, intent on getting the archer's attention away from Keeper.

Melee Attack v. Orcish Archer B (AC 18): 1d20+8 15
DMG: 1 Miss

Cursing as her swing misses, she nevertheless lowers her shield down to try and bait an attack.

Carving, 19-20 crit range. Lose Defensive Fighting, so -2 AC, keeping Evasive up.
pre:
Stats
HP          22/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Crit Range: 19-20
Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[x] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Thora Hrasken

"I'm right behind you!"

While Delilah's target is still troublingly upright, she does have its attention, and Thora figures it's better to try and distract the other orcish archer to try and give Keeper room to act. She charges in to intercept the unengaged archer, yelling at the top of her lungs to try and distract him further. "I don't know why you're so devoted to fighting to the finish, when we've offered you better -- but you'll take what you've earned!" With that, she levels her hammer at the orc and smashes him in the chest, driving him back against the burning dam.

"... I wanted to say it's not too late to stand down. But for you it is, isn't it?"

Smite Evil vs. AC 18, Orcish Archer R: 1d20+7 27 Crit!
Smite Evil damage (doubled for crit): (1d8+1d12+3)*2 16
... Yes, that's doubled in the roll. I think I still don't drop him? Awesome, Orokos, thanks.

EDIT: Because I forgot earlier --
Tagging DD: Leadership on Orcish Archer R to give whoever wants to finish him off a +1 to attack
Preparing to use Bastion if Keeper gets hit and That's Your Best Shot? if I get hit

pre:
Stats		                         	            	   
HP	23/33	                           
AC	20	                                               
PD	14                                   
MD	14                                    
Rec.	7/9 (1d10+3)                  
MBA     1d20+4; 1d8+3
RBA	1d20+1; 1d6      

[ ] Divine Domain: Leadership* (1/rd)	       [x][x] Bonus Smite Evil Uses
[x] Smite Evil

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 26, 2016

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

Alain

Alain's voice shifts down several octaves and frost forms from his breath as he evokes the names of seven entities that existed when the world was still ice and darkness, and which hunger to black out the sun and plunge the world into eternal winter. He gestures, and a wave of intense cold flies toward the archer Thora is engaged with, creating a line of icicles in its wake.

Ray of Frost on Orcish Archer R: 1d20+8 23
Damage: 3d6 10

pre:
Stats
HP          22/27
AC          11
PD          11
MD          15
Rec.        7/8 (1d6+2)

Spells

Per-battle
Countermagic

At-Will
Ray of Frost

Daily
Acid Arrow
Charm Person
Utility Spell

Recharge
Shield

Baby Babbeh fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 28, 2016

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Keeper, Forgeborn Cleric

Keeper’s hammer is an old rusty thing, a tool found near the Shrine and adapted for self-defense. Its not balanced or weighted properly, its just fourteen pounds of pig iron. Likewise he has no dedicated combat training, but he also has no muscles to tear or ligaments to sprain. He swings the hammer in an awkward upward arc, catching the archer in the chest and sending them staggering back. He takes advantage of his foe’s temporary distraction to retreat out of dagger range behind Delilah and Thora.

Warning, this oruk is experiencing Combat-Related Overdrive. Recommend speedy termination from a defensive posture.

Melee Basic Attack vs AC 18: 1d20+7 22
Melee Damage: 1d6+2 6
Disengage: 1d20 16

pre:
Keeper
HP	11/30	                   [x] Spirits of the Righteous          [ ] Bless
AC	19	                   [] Javelin of Faith*              	[ ] Shield of Faith
MBA     1d20+3; 1d6+2                                                   [x] Invocation of Healing

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

In a sudden twist the battle seems all but won. A single archer remains, wounded and bleeding, barely able to stand. Her dagger hands loosely in her palm and her bow rattles to the ground as she stumbles forth.

From behind her there comes a great creaking sound. All eyes move up to the burning structure as ropes and vines give way to the flickering flames. There is the sound of bending wood and heaving binds, a sound like a ship at sea, and then with a snap a burning tree trunk swings free and crushes the archer against the side of the river bed. There is a grotesque snap that signals her death, followed by a deep rumble as the fake dam collapses, spilling a flood of rolling, burning tree trunks towards you.

Combat is over, now do a background check to avoid being crushed! Anything to do with avoiding/weathering the damage. Anyone who fails to make a 15 suffers 6 fire damage.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ludwig

A few years ago at the Harvest Fair they'd had a brilliant idea. Gnome Bowling. You'd put up a bunch of pins like usual, but you'd also put a red hat on Ludwig and have him prance around the lane in the role of the kingpin, heckling the bowlers and trying his best to dodge the balls. It had been tremendous fun for everyone, and Ludwig had been rather proud of the idea. So when the burning logs roll towards him, he recalls that day and quite literally jumps into action; a few leaps, a cartwheel here, a flip there, and almost all the logs have passed him by... and then he missteps when a log bounces this way rather than that, falls and puts his forearm in a hot tar spill. He yelps, jumps up to get rid of his burning coat, and flails it wround wildly to extinguish the sleeve, but his arm already starts to throb. He kneels down and presses it to the cool forest ground.

There had been this... temptation. He could have utterly destroyed the last orc with a spell, but with the knowledge came the desire to give "the hated minion of the Wyrm" something to think about. He shakes his head - this is Thora he's thinking about, he's probably known her the longest out of this whole bunch, and it's not like the Wyrm's church has treated him badly in his time in the village, either

What strange and disturbing impulses these spells bring. Maybe it's just as well the dam collapsed when it did and snapped him out of it.

A good jester can tumble: 1d20+7 13 - in retrospect, that was not a good way to put it. :v:

pre:
Ludwig

HP: 12/24

AC 13
PD 13
MD 13

Daily Spells [X]

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

As soon as she realized what was happening, Delilah slammed her shield down into the ground, bracing for the oncoming impact. It was, in hindsight, likely not the smartest decision that she could have made; her natural halfling nimbleness, for example, might have done better here. But she was stubborn, and felt a need to prove that she belonged on the frontlines. It was why when she had joined the guards of Summer Vale, she had sought out the biggest and the strongest to train with her, challenging them to break through her defense. She wasn't invincible, of course, and she lost her fair share of bouts. But she had won her share too. This was, in a somewhat perverted, twisted way just an extension of that training, just with stupid, big logs instead of stupid, big lugs.

Bracing for Log Impact (Guard-In-Training, CON): 1d20+6 17

The wood splintered around her, and Delilah could feel her body become wracked with pain. Her shoulder wasn't gonna be pretty to look at in the morning, that was for sure, but surprisingly even to herself she had managed to withstand the impact. Muscles all tensed up, the halfling catches the sight of Ludwig hopping about, coat on fire. Laughing a little inwardly despite the seriousness of the situation, she rushes over to help put out the flickering flames as she watches the rest of their group do their best to handle the remaining logs.
pre:
Stats
HP          22/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Racial: Evasive
[ ] Tough as Iron

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Keeper, Forgeborn Cleric

The flaming logs come bouncing at Keeper, and once more the Tactical Module goes into overdrive.

Pine, density 1.97. Coefficient of drag 0.9 and degree of elasticity 13.9. Frictional interaction between multiple free bodies. Calculating

Arcs appear in Keeper’s vision, plotting the trajectories of the objects based on the laws of natural philosophy. Finally he takes a small step forward and ducks slightly...

Loremastering a Safezone: 1d20+5 7 (+stat, but its not going to help :()

… and catches a fiery timber across the chest. As he cartwheels through the air, his vision fills with red runes. Warning: invalid inputs. Laws of physics are out-of-date.

pre:
Keeper
HP	5/30	                   [x] Spirits of the Righteous          [ ] Bless
AC	19	                   [] Javelin of Faith*              	[ ] Shield of Faith

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

Alain

The sounds wood makes when its about to collapse are, after many years of felling trees, something Alain knows more with his body than with his head. Which is why he doesn't flinch when the logs begin to rumble toward him. The body knows — it's already too late. He can only position himself as best he can to avoid being bowled over by the heaviest part of the log, can only brace his feet against the first impact, can only leap just so at the last second so he goes over the timber rather rather than under it.

Looking to mitigate the impact (Con+Woodcutter's Son): 1d20+5 9

Unfortunately, while Alain knows logs, his expertise ends at the moment they go into the hearth. Lumber that's currently burning presents its own unique challenges, and the woodcutter's son's efforts put him in contact with the hottest part of the log. He isn't crushed, but the flesh of his arm sizzles he rolls through the debris, drawing a yelp of pain.

When the dust has settled, The Raven alights on Alain's shoulder from wherever it is that it goes when the fighting starts.

"Well, I suppose that could have gone better," it says.

"I wanted to end things nice. I didn't want to hurt anyone," Alain says, frowning. "Why did it have to... why couldn't they... I don't know...I don't know..."

pre:
Stats
HP          16/27
AC          11
PD          11
MD          15
Rec.        7/8 (1d6+2)

Spells

Per-battle
Countermagic

At-Will
Ray of Frost

Daily
Acid Arrow
Charm Person
Utility Spell

Recharge
Shield

Baby Babbeh fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 28, 2016

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Thora Hrasken

Thora'd had lectures about this sort of thing. Not the exact situation, of course -- stone wasn't flammable, at least not readily -- but what to do in the event of a collapse on a work site. It was mostly a matter of dodging, Thora remembered: being able to move quickly, assess safe places...

Unfortunately, speed wasn't one of Thora's strongest attributes even when she wasn't heavily armored, and the safe places were less obvious than one might have hoped. She scrambled back, but not in time to avoid a chunk of flaming timber striking her in the shoulder, knocking her flat.

Safety training (Daughter of the Hraskens): 1d20+3 11
No stat added, but I don't have a +4 in anything, so... yeah. Lumps taken.

It took a moment for Thora to manage to rise and pat herself down for stray sparks (none, thankfully, but an unpleasant scorch mark on her jacket that she'd have to repair when time and peace allowed). The timber that hit her hadn't been too large, but it felt like a slab of paving-stone; her wounds must be taking their toll. "... well. That could have gone better..." She paused, listening to Alain. "... but we did the best we could. We gave them choices. It's a shame about everything, but there's nothing we could have done but fight for our lives."

pre:
Stats		                         	            	   
HP	11/33	                           
AC	20	                                               
PD	14                                   
MD	14                                    
Rec.	7/9 (1d10+3)                  
MBA     1d20+4; 1d8+3
RBA	1d20+1; 1d6      

[ ] Divine Domain: Leadership* (1/rd)	       [x][x] Bonus Smite Evil Uses
[x] Smite Evil

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

As the injured among you pat down the sparks and brush stray splinters from your outfits, the trunks roll to a crash behind you. The fires start thinning and the thin stream of smoke that pours from them rises like a spiralling staircase into the sky. You take a moment to tend to your wounds and admire the fake dam. It was a fairly simple ploy, you summise, fake a blockage of the water and then hold Summer Vale to ransom. If they orcs know what is actually stopping the water, they're no longer in any state to answer. Whatever the problem it lays further up the river and that means you're probably heading up the mountain...

Take a small break, spend recoveries etc. What is the plan? Do you need to carry on? Abandon your mission? Scout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ludwig

At least, Ludwig muses, we won't have to make the trip alone. He turns to Vajak and the other three orcs.

"So, lads, you still with us? Listen, do you know the area? Or anything about the water stopping?" And addressing everyone, he adds, "If anyone's up there, do you think they know we're coming now?", pointing to the stream of smoke. "Should we get the lay of the land before we go on or go straight ahead?"

2 Recoveries: 2#1d6+2 6 4 - that'll do

pre:
Ludwig

HP: 22/24
Recoveries: 5/8

AC 13
PD 13
MD 13

Daily Spells [X]