Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Dan Hamhuis is going UFA. :lol: Benning didn't trade him at the deadline.

I hate the world.

Wasn't the rumor that Dallas made an offer for Hamhuis, but Benning didn't think it was enough so rather than get something for him he got absolutely nothing? I know Hamhuis had the NTC but I thought he waved it for Dallas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Andrew Ladd is likely going to the Islanders per Friedman

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Levitate posted:

Supposedly it's being reported that Radulov is signing with the Habs?

Yes he should get along famously with Therrien.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

It does seem weird that Travis Yost is breaking the Radulov news. He's more of an analytics guy than someone who is known for his connections. But he's usually reliable so :shrug:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

So the Isles are going to lose Nielsen and Okposo, and maybe get Ladd? And are also keeping Fred Flintstone?

Seems like the Isles will be bad again and all is right in the world.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Well when the "character issues" are "he's black", it makes sense.

Yeah but "he's black" is the same as "he's Russian" in the NHL.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Good god Ladd: 7 yrs x $5.5M to NYI

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

That Brouwer deal is just awful. One good postseason nets him $18M over 4 years.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Tampa is doing a good job making sure their superstars are getting paid. Seems better to do that than go after dumb as poo poo UFA signings.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

toxicsunset posted:

other deals being really, really bad doesn't make another deal good just because it's not bad

You do realize Hedman is like a top 5 D in the NHL right?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I get being suspicious of it if you're a Habs fan, but in a vacuum it's a really good signing.

It just doesn't make sense within the context of "character issues" being a big part of why Subban left.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Caps signed Brett Connolly. I guess for $850k it's a good deal.

What does he bring? Can he play on the third line at all?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Just when you think Toronto is doing everything right.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

its fake

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

AngryBooch posted:

Vanek turns into a 2nd or 3rd round pick at the deadline guaranteed if Detroit isn't in the playoffs. Good signing.

lol at thinking the Red Wings will be anything but buyers at the deadline to keep the streak alive

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Demers to the Cats. 5 years $4.5M AAV

Seems like the Cats will be good next year

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Is there a reason Kris Versteeg isn't signed yet? I thought he was pretty good with Carolina and LA last season and he'd be a perfect fit in the middle six for less than $2M I'm sure.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I guess it just seems weird to me that guys like Versteeg and other decent wingers are overlooked around the league even though they will only command a 1 or 2 year deal at less than $2M. Meanwhile Andrew Ladd, with similar stats, gets a 6 year deal and Matt Martin (who is way worse) gets a 4 year deal.

Maybe there's something I'm missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Looking forward to the Ducks not being competitive for years to come.

• Locked thread