Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/mayorNHL/status/746815654917865472

lol from who?

Kings lineup right now:

Mersch - Kopitar - Gaborik
Pearson - Carter - Toffoli
King - Lewis - Brown
Clifford - Dowd/Shore - Nolan/Andreoff

Muzzin - Doughty
McNabb - Martinez
Greene - Scuderi/Gravel

Quick
Budaj/Campbell

5 million in cap space. Team is first round exit worthy but it's not as bad as I thought?

Kings are also apparently considering trading King or Clifford to free up more salary to run after Ladd, Okposo, or Purcell for Kopitar's wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Tom Gilbert has to be less of a liability than Rob Scuderi right?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Kings somehow signed an RFA bottom D guy named Zach Trotman? Give the Kings all your bottom pairing D-men.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Vanek turns into a 2nd or 3rd round pick at the deadline guaranteed if Detroit isn't in the playoffs. Good signing.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Mind_Taker posted:

lol at thinking the Red Wings will be anything but buyers at the deadline to keep the streak alive

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Except signing Vanek basically ensures another year of humping the bubble and being a buyer instead of a seller like a goddamn moron

True, the Atlantic does look pretty dire. Maybe the Sabres are good enough to push them out now lmao

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
The winger for Kopitar choices are getting realllll thin.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
There's Kopitar's winger

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

everybody expecting another lockout?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Zatkoff and Purcell taking long development plans to finally end up on the Kings.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Also, Purcell deal is 1 year 1.6 mil for Kings.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Mr. Kite posted:

That's pretty good. But makes me think he's not meant to be Kopitar's winger. May be a Pearson replacement/challenger on the 2nd line.

Yeah, ideally Purcell is a middle 6 forward like Pearson. But there's no space for one of the crazy signings teams were making today and the best offensive prospect right now is Mersch.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Schlesische posted:

Someone has already posted it somewhere, Subban is not insignificantly better.

Look at the chart categories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Mind_Taker posted:

I guess it just seems weird to me that guys like Versteeg and other decent wingers are overlooked around the league even though they will only command a 1 or 2 year deal at less than $2M. Meanwhile Andrew Ladd, with similar stats, gets a 6 year deal and Matt Martin (who is way worse) gets a 4 year deal.

Maybe there's something I'm missing.

Maybe Versteeg wants a contract that will take him to the end of his career in the +2.5M range. 5 yrs, 3 M or something. Who knows?

• Locked thread