Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd like to see Calgary pursue somebody like Enroth, or Hutton to back up Elliott (assuming they sign him). Maybe Jason Demers, too. They've got a decent amount of cap space. Hopefully they don't spend a crazy amount on signing Elliott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Levitate posted:

$30 mill for Kris Russell?

Jesus christ

Drafting Oliver Kylington is looking better by the moment.

Marc Bergevin gettin' dunked on.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 2, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Twin Cinema posted:

Since I wasn't here to bless you all with my thoughts yesterday, I have condensed them to this post:

James Reimer: A little perplexing. Florida has Luongo, who is getting old, but is still pretty good. I mean, sure it's good to have insurance, but 5 years is a pretty long term. Someone smarter than me probably understands this better than I do.

Andrew Ladd: I am not sure why NYI went from Okposo to Ladd. Maybe Okposo wanted out? I am not sure.

Milan Lucic: If it isn't already, this is going to become a bad contract by year 3.

David Backes: I didn't realize that Backes was already in his 30s. I can't believe the second lockout was over 10 years ago. I am getting old. Backes is getting old.

Loui Eriksson: Whatever Vancouver can do to delay the inevitable, I guess.

Kyle Okposo: I really like Buffalo's top-6. Okposo is a very good player, and I think he will be a great addition to this Buffalo team.

Eric Staal: The sad decline of Eric Staal has not been fun to watch.

Alexander Radulov: Radulov has talent, and I guess signing him to a 1-year deal isn't the worst thing in the world, but Montreal doesn't feel like the right fit for him. Who knows, maybe Montreal will make the playoffs next year, and they will make us look like fools for doubting the deals for Shaw, Weber, and Radulov.

Lee Stempniak: I am honestly surprised that Stempniak is still in the league. He has played for 9 different teams. I hope he takes over Mike Sillinger's reign.

Matt Martin: Since yesterday, I have come to terms with this deal. If this is the only bad deal the Leafs make, this is a marked improvement from the previous ten years.

Mikkel Boedker: Man, San Jose is gonna be so stacked next year. Boedker is a nice addition for a nice price.

You're welcome, SAS.

You missed Troy Brouwer and Chad Johnson the newest Calgary Flames. Although Johnson's numbers are so polarizing the last two years I can't imagine there's a ton of good things to say.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I'm really happy about having Frans, I'm not happy about paying him 5.5M when he's 37 & 38 but I'm willing to ride this Dr. Strangelove bomb all the way to the ground

The deal could've been like 4 years, 26M and I wouldn't have batted an eye

I don't understand why Detroit didn't make plays for Demers and Campbell, personally. Like I get Campbell took a sweetheart deal, but due diligence often pays off.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 2, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TeamJesus posted:

https://twitter.com/DarrenWHaynes/status/749257444740648960

And for reference, games played for those 5 during that period:
1. 37
2. 50
3. 36
4. 36
5. 49

I'm just worried about how bad Chad's previous year was with NYI. Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Trevor Bird posted:

It's all starting to make sense now. Make a Weber/Subban one.

Make one with a blackness/60.

While we're discussing puck moving defencemen, can somebody who's been following the game a long time explain to me why Greg Hawgood moved around so much? I know that there were unrealisic expectations around him coming out of junior (apparently got compared to Orr a bunch), but his PPG averages are pretty solid for defencemen in a bunch of seasons (career PPG of .47), yet he seemed to spend a lot of time in the minors and got traded a LOT (Stempniak-esque, even).

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 4, 2016

• Locked thread