Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Dirty Burger posted:

Very interested to see how Therrien uses him

I'm sure it'll work out exactly as well as Semin did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

But they didn't qualify him at $900k or whatever he was due just to avoid giving him the option to go to arbitration?

Okay then.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It was nice to have one Leafs offseason where they weren't obsessed with truculence and pugnacity. Why couldn't they have spent money on Demers or someone with actual useful talents?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Twin Cinema posted:

Since I wasn't here to bless you all with my thoughts yesterday, I have condensed them to this post:

James Reimer: A little perplexing. Florida has Luongo, who is getting old, but is still pretty good. I mean, sure it's good to have insurance, but 5 years is a pretty long term. Someone smarter than me probably understands this better than I do.

Andrew Ladd: I am not sure why NYI went from Okposo to Ladd. Maybe Okposo wanted out? I am not sure.

Milan Lucic: If it isn't already, this is going to become a bad contract by year 3.

David Backes: I didn't realize that Backes was already in his 30s. I can't believe the second lockout was over 10 years ago. I am getting old. Backes is getting old.

Loui Eriksson: Whatever Vancouver can do to delay the inevitable, I guess.

Kyle Okposo: I really like Buffalo's top-6. Okposo is a very good player, and I think he will be a great addition to this Buffalo team.

Eric Staal: The sad decline of Eric Staal has not been fun to watch.

Alexander Radulov: Radulov has talent, and I guess signing him to a 1-year deal isn't the worst thing in the world, but Montreal doesn't feel like the right fit for him. Who knows, maybe Montreal will make the playoffs next year, and they will make us look like fools for doubting the deals for Shaw, Weber, and Radulov.

Lee Stempniak: I am honestly surprised that Stempniak is still in the league. He has played for 9 different teams. I hope he takes over Mike Sillinger's reign.

Matt Martin: Since yesterday, I have come to terms with this deal. If this is the only bad deal the Leafs make, this is a marked improvement from the previous ten years.

Mikkel Boedker: Man, San Jose is gonna be so stacked next year. Boedker is a nice addition for a nice price.

You're welcome, SAS.

Reimer, Ladd, Lucic, Eriksson, Okposo, (Brouwer, Shaw): All long and bad contracts. e: Sorry, Nielsen is too.
Boedker, Staal, Stempniak: These actually made some sense. Stempniak has been good since leaving the dysfunctional Leafs and Carolina loves their ex-Leafs.
Radulov: A reasonable roll of the dice that would have made sense for a team coached by someone other than Michel Therrien.
Matt Martin: Get the gently caress out with this "elite 4th liner" bullshit. This had better not set a trend of truculent acquisitions.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

JollyPubJerk posted:

Is the Okposo contract bad because he didn't sign with your team?

Yes that's why it's bad, not because it's a 7 year contract for a guy whose scoring rates peaked two seasons ago like the majority of forwards do.

Mind_Taker posted:

Demers to the Cats. 5 years $4.5M AAV

Seems like the Cats will be good next year

This makes a lot more sense than Martin or Reimer.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Here, I made this to troll hfboards morons:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

You'd figure between Lupul, Bozak, Greening, Michalek, and Laich, the Leafs have enough gritty veteran oft-injured trash to fill in the bottom 6. But we're not Stanley Cup-winning hockey minds, so the Leafs brain trust deserve the benefit of the doubt right up to when they sign Kris Russell for 4+ years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Trevor Bird posted:

It's all starting to make sense now. Make a Weber/Subban one.

I'm kind of tempted to make an alternative app that only shows block/60, hits/60, PIM/60 and however you measure intangibles - how about (team point %)/(player P/60)?

• Locked thread