Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

klapman posted:

"Our shadows mingle on the path and I pull out my phone to catch the photo. “No one will ever understand us.” I write, and post the image to Facebook.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

quote:

Less than a week later, we speak on the phone. Her voice is sultry — I suggest she could have been a radio host... or a phone sex operator. Her actual profession is computer programmer. She arrives at my door with the deafening rumble of her blue Harley Davidson roadster. Cue slow motion helmet removal. Cue long black hair tumbling down her shoulders.

:greencube:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
just read it every paragraph so far is quotable you wont regret it 5/5 would skim again

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im glad this idiot never considered adoption

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Blue Train posted:

yea lol

"Truth be told, I don’t actually masturbate very often..."

I'm assuming you're not including your writing in your totals here

:laffo:

jeremy craig keep doin what you're doin

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Rutibex posted:

why are idiot millennials so obsessed with "opening" their failed relationships? do they have a suffering fetish?

surely having a baby together will fix the issues but if that doesn't work it's open relationships all day

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
has anyone found his reddit account yet

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
he spent a lot of words to say "man i discovered that cheating is cool and good ... why can't my barren wife appreciate that it makes me happy"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

thathonkey posted:

he spent a lot of words to say "man i discovered that cheating is cool and good ... why can't my barren wife appreciate that it makes me happy"

oh wait nevermind i hadnt read the very end yet whre she gets impregnated by the yoga dude she started loving during the open relationship and chooses him lmao

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Nick Rivers posted:

Self-indulgent prose, fertility treatments, open marriage, trip to burning man, tarot cards, Cam the hunky yoga studio co-owner, Nintendo Wii, a section of "deep introspection" framed by the lighting and stubbing out of a cigarette, un-marriage ceremony, a pregnancy, a patreon link at the end, zero self awareness, AND MORE!

add: hiring a doula and home birth, packing sad remnants of shattered life into a subaru hatchback

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Rutibex posted:

i'm pretty sure she did that intentionally, to end the farce of a relationship

yeah after trying all sorts of hormone therapies and poo poo she "mysteriously" is able to have children again as soon as a new and better dude begins giving her dick. seems legit.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it actually would make more sense if she was secretly on some sort of potent birth control the entire time the stopped for some subconscious reason when she found a good mate

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bored posted:

I tried to read it. I really did. But, holy poo poo is that guy melodramatic. I got to his wife trying to inject herself with fertility drugs after yoga didn't work to restore her fertility and gave up.

it's worth getting to the end

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Stoat posted:

I'm glad huffpo gives early 2000s livejournal users have a place to be heard

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's hard to pick my favorite/most pathetic element of his story but i'm pretty sure it is the tarot cards

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
where do you think this guy is now? i assume he joined up with the MRA faction of reddit after his side chick left him (was that mentioned in the story ?)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

can't we just agree he is an awful human being

yes

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

:yikes:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lmfao off at his ted x talk holy poo poo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i had to look up what noosphere is on wikipedia cause i couldnt make it through more than the first minute or two of his talk. lol'ing more

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Aralan posted:

2. On the question of who is the hero/villain — mainstream discourse has become so conditioned to collapse all stories into the need to identify who is “right” and who is “wrong.” This is a terrible loss of the imagination and the ability to appreciate complexity. Love is downright messy, just like life. In my essay, there is no blame, only actions and consequences.

lol he really really believes his actions arent to blame for the consequences

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Cats LOVE Cigars! posted:

surprised you guys haven't figured out how to type cuck yet.

lmfao at the "programmer" who wrote the word filter feature for lowtax

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
y'all are playing with fire circumventing that word filter

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Fattest PI posted:

I know a super pretentious bag of wieners who thought he was the hottest poo poo and was always flirting with girls sometimes right in front of his wife. Wife was a huge pussy and should have dealt with it, but eventually mr hotshit brought up open relationship, and the wife was too pussy to say "no you loving idiot".

So their relationship became "open", he failed at every single chance to this day, and she's slept with a bunch of dudes, including every member of his band. Which he knows about because communication is very important in an open relationship.

another victory for open marriage

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Rime posted:

The more I ruminate on this, the more I realize that polyamory is the millennial excuse for "we don't love each other anymore but can't admit it" and "they cheated on me but I'm too whipped to cut them from my life".

yeah people are coming up with all this dumb bullshit when the answer is really simple

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
noosphere

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
loving NOOSPHERE

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
this guy is like the most insufferable person ever

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
search ted x noosphere

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Gaunab posted:

his wife was getting railed while he did this show

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

:five:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Pebergehund posted:

"That's right, it was me all along! You may applaud now."

"Yeap, this mask makes me look cool. Already knew that though."

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
gettin a wii to play together is probably the first thing all these dysfunctional gamernerdmisfit couples gravitate to first before trying cuck poo poo and open relations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Roylicious welcome to the party my friend

• Locked thread