Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i like how he seems to come to the conclusion, in spite of agonizing self-ownage, that polyamory cannot fail; only be failed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

maybe his seed is as weak as his moral fortitude

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The Kingfish posted:

Men invented marriage for a reason and these clueless morons are messing it all up.

"It does work both ways and, yes, I too enjoy sexual carte blanche. I just don’t use mine as much as my wife uses hers. What’s important is equality of opportunity, not outcome."

Jfc these people

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I would pay cash dollars to read the wife's candid account of all this bullshit.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

thathonkey posted:

it's hard to pick my favorite/most pathetic element of his story but i'm pretty sure it is the tarot cards

I'm torn between leaving his wife to suffer loss.jpg alone while going to burning man, or the "un-marraige" ceremony he roped her into doing as the culmination of all his self-important horse poo poo

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

can't we just agree he is an awful human being

the fact that he gained zero self-awareness and passes off a bunch of platitudes about the lifestyle that demonstrably and brutally self-owned him is maybe the worst part. like you'd have a shred of sympathy if it was written in the tone of contrite warning: "holy poo poo was I a smug idiot with weak rear end sperms, I done hosed up, don't be like me."

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

Oh loving hell

he's really enamored with that "the conventional view is that we're all self-interested trying to maximize our own blah blah blah" because he uses it in this speech and his lovely article.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

LethalGeek posted:

What kills me is in my 20s I didn't want to date for a while so when I met women I'd straight up tell them not looking for commitment, marriage, kids, any of it I just wanna hang out and gently caress. Lots of them were like cool lets go and didn't care what I was doing on my other nights with other people. Why do some people have to make this super complicated?

Edit: and I'm a short pale nerd who wasn't in great shape or something back then

i'm in that situation now and it seems like it would be super weird to work backwards from monogamy to it.

although this guy makes me want to find jesus and get married again because holy poo poo what an indictment of non-monogamy

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

dethkon posted:

RE: Heroes vs. Villians. Cam'ron the Yogi is the Hero, wife is the fair maiden, and Ian is the Villian for writing such a lovely story and for being a big tooter. You can just tell he love the smell of he own toots, lol.

It's early February and I think of her with Valentines on the lips and hearts of all those I pass in the street. My world is shattered when flatus emerges from my butthole. I cannot help but breath deep, eating my fart like a creature of myth and legend. I may never be understood, but I can seek to understand. I know that she is finding her own peace, and farting her own farts with him, and I must find happiness in her happiness. Another squeaker emerges from my pooper, and I open my mouth to taste the stink.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GazmfTIhxmI

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

niiice.

if this article were done ironically and posted on the sa frontpage it would be the best content in a few years

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

naem posted:

What does this guy do for a living? What is his income? Like does it at all justify his ego? I mean he's not the assistant manager at a Denny's I'm guessing

He's a fairly attractive dude, which is probably unfortunate for him since it seems to have really stunted him personally and artistically. I'm guessing he got praise and a free pass for being decently handsome and probably affluent and white, and believed that his sophomoric prose was actually good and that his weak seed should be cast about willy nilly.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

he should try the paradigm of stabilizing his camera, white balancing, and using the right filter for daytime shooting imo

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Marketing New Brain posted:

There's nothing I can imagine that excuses that writing.

Calling it sophomoric is probably too much credit. I would tell a literal sophomore who wrote like that to dial it way back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

client posted:

is that a zit, a bindi or a tick on her forehead?

do people not do the 10 frame dissolve to soften those jarring jump cuts anymore, or is this just his new film paradigm? could he not get a take where the beatweavel could string 15 words together?

24 seconds in and I want both of these people to die. chloe is probably better off living with nana

• Locked thread