Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
  • Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cully Cross
"Preysight" Cully says out loud as he switches his visual senses to a world of black and white. The flashes from his bolter are white hot as are the bolts going down range from the muzzle. The gushing of blood from the wounds inflicted by what amounts to tiny grenades exploding in a human body. The stream of fire reaching to the sky as the cultist instinctively triggers the flamer in his death throes. "Goodbye."

Free action to activate preysense from helmet augs. I'm arguing that while the smoke will block the naked eye from seeing them clearly, it won't do poo poo against thermals and Cully can probably pick out his targets. Half Action aim and Half Action to semi-auto burst Flamer #1.
Semi Auto Burst vs 64 (i hope): 1d100 22 5 DoS I wanna say so 3 shots would hit. 1 for success + 4 on the roll.
Bolter Damage Pen 4: 3#2d10k1+5 7 10 10 14 Replace the first shot damage die with DoS rolled.

pre:
Primary Combat Block:
WS  BS  S   T   Ag  Int Per WP  Fel  
54  44  30  30  41  31  40  40  40

Wounds: 13/13   Infamy: 2/2  Initiative: 1d10+6
Half Move: 4 Full Move: 8 Charge: 12 Run: 24
SB: 3  TB: 3
Armour: 6 (All)
Awareness: 40
Dodge: 51
Parry: 54[74] (Chainsword)

Weapons: (Currently selected weapons are in BOLD)
Bolter 100m S/3/- 1d10+5 X Pen: 4 Clip: 15/24 Rld: Half Special: Reliable, Tearing
Bolt Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+5 X Pen: 4 Clip: 8/8 Rld: Half Special: Tearing
B.C. Chainsword 1d10+6 R Pen: 2 Special: Balanced, Tearing, +10 WS bonus
Stun Grenade 9m S/-/- Special: Blast (3), Concussive (2)

Noteworthy Bionics
Black Blood: Cully is always considered lightly wounded and also heals much faster, removing two points of Damage per day.

Noteworthy Gear
G.C. Helmet Augmentations: Provides the benefits of preysense goggles, photo-visors, rebreathers, vox-casters, and micro-beads.

Noteworthy Talents
Brutal Charge: Gains a +30 on a charge instead of the normal +20.
Disarm: May use a full action to Disarm his foe by making a opposed WS test. Success causes the enemy to drop his weapon. 
3 or more DoS allows the character to take the enemy's weapon from him.
Hip Shooting: Cully may Full Move and make a standard attack with a ranged weapon
Flesh Render: Cully rolls 2 additional dice instead of 1 when using melee weapons with the Tearing quality, discarding the two lowest results.
Jaded: Natural Horrors no longer affect Cully. Terrors of the Warp still affect Cully normally.
Lightning Reflexes: When making an Initiative Roll the character may roll twice and add the highest of the two dice result to his Agility Bonus.
Marksman: Cully suffers no penalty for BS tests at long or extended range.

Special Ability
Adroit (WS): The Renegade is a skilful and talented individual who substitutes raw power for honed ability. The Renegade must select 
one Characteristic at Character Creation. Throughout the game, he adds one additional Degree of Success to successful Tests involving that 
Characteristic (this includes Skill and Characteristic Tests).

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2016 around 10:38

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Pancracius Boselmann

Ignoring the chaotic firefight going on around him, Pancracius takes his time to aim at the grenade-toting leader through the iron-sights on his rifle, calmly pulling the trigger to fire a single shot through the smoke even as light starts bending oddly around his target from the sudden gravitational anomaly that was forming in the same space.

Sorry, was waiting for my turn to come up in the action order. Half action aim, half action single shot. That should actually be a 25 vs 75, not 60, but I forgot to add the +5 for Best Quality and +10 for Accurate, giving me 5 DoS, which means I do an extra 2d10 damage from Accurate.

BS vs 75: 1d100 25
Damage: 1d10+4 9
Accurate damage: 2d10 5 - replacing the 1 with my DoS, giving me 19 damage total with pen 2, Felling 3, and Toxic (0)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

The enemies begin advancing and firing. The quickest of the thugs fires through the smoke, and his bolter round somehow finds a mark in Jenny, who was too stunned by the attack to even duck into cover, even though the acolytes had the element of surprise. The bolt round impacts right below Jenny's jaw, the ensuing detonation turns her head into fine mist, her broken jaw clattering to the ground.

Seeing his comrade blown up next to him, Cully activates his preysense and fires through the smoke. All three rounds miraculously hit. The first two elicit some scream of pain from the target as his hand snaps back from his incinerator; the extent of the damage unclear from just the thermal outline provided by the goggles. The third shot nails the Incinerator in the torso, going clear through him and puncturing the flamer fuel he was carrying. He goes up in flames instantly. The two thugs flanking him are caught in the blast. Each one manages to avoid the flames, but by the way the appear to wince and old their sides, the shockwave from the blast must have done some internal damage.

Rodan attempts to trap the gang leader in another warp vortex, but he manages to remain free, just like his compatriots. Annoyed, the leader rotates the cylinder on the grenade launcher again, and fires it through the smoke. A loud audible "click" is heard as the round fails to fire. That loud audible click is followed by a much louder audible explosion as the frag grenade in the tube, which still was primed, detonates, along with the other grenades in the launcher. When all is done, all that anyone can see is another cloud of smoke.

Mostly ignoring their leader's predicament, the rest of the thugs take shots at Cully while advancing, or remaining in cover still from Yeseul's previous suppressing fire.

Okay, viva kills one flamer guy, causing a crit 10 to the body, so the guy explodes. Since he was carrying flamer fuel I did have the two flanking thugs who were caught in the blast make agility tests to avoid fire, and they did, but still got damaged. I know both times you said flamer 1, but my dumb rear end applied the damage to flamer 2 both times, which they are a horse apiece, so no foul.

Leader had a jam with his launcher, thought it would be fun for it to explode. It had three frags, one hallucinogen, and one smoke in it. He soaked all the frags (nurgle, huh?) has vac sealed armor, and well, is now covered in smoke.

Firesight, you forgot to take into account the -20 from the smoke, so you actually only rolled a 55 and got 3 doS, so you only got one extra Dice from accurate. Still, your felling negated the unnatural toughness these guys have, and he actually failed toughness against his toxic roll, so you did respectable damage.

Bonelorde: I guess I wasn't sure if you still wanted your characters to do the same things as last round or not, so I did, but they both missed with stuff. Please make sure you indicate in your next post what they're doing.

You all have lucked out in that one flamer guy is dead, and the other is still out of range thanks to being pinned, which he now has shaken. If you keep them locked down, this should be an easy fight.

Smoke screen: 5 meters away from west side of building, 1 rounds remaining
Smoke 2: on leader 45M away, 19 rounds remaining

Yeseul <----- we are here!
Thug 4: 33m 11/18
Cully
Rodan
Leader: 45m 12/21
Incinerator 2: 37m -3/18
Tess
Thug 3: 29m 11/18
Incinerator 1:45m
Arica
Thug 1:45m Pinned
Thug 2:29m
Pan
Jenny

4x thugs: bolter w/melee attachment, chain dagger, poor quality guard flak armor
2x incinerators: Flamers, stub autos, Poor quality guard flak armor w/ceremite
1 leader: Chainsword, poor quality plasma pistol, Grenade launcher, guard flak armor w/vac sealed

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

Rodan growls in frustration as a teammate's head pops off, his concentration broken. The blade of force around his hand fizzles before it even visibly forms.

"Enough waiting. Gonna go meet them halfway."

With that, he stands and jump-kicks through the window, then ducks behind a pile of rubble inside the cloud of smoke.

Half-action moving 4 meters into cover inside the smoke, trying to manifest Telekinetic Weapon in my free hand.

Telekinetic Weapon (Unfettered) vs 61 (46 -10 Power +10 Psy-Focus +15 PR 3): 89

pre:
Wounds: 12/12      AP: 4 All (5 vs Blast)
IP: 0/2          TB: 3 (5 Legs)
Movement: 4/8/12/24
Dodge: 40
Precog Dodge: (51/56/76) (Fettered/Unfettered/Push)
(Unless I state otherwise in my post, assume I'm using Unfettered Precog Dodge)

WS   BS  S   T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel  
46   32  40  36   40   30   41   46    30

Skills: Awareness, Dodge, Intimidate, Psyniscience, Stealth

Talents: Ambidextrous, Child of the Warp, Jaded, PR 3, Sprint

(Relevant) Psychic Powers:
PR 3, Bound (If pushing, always push at +4, it's a +10 Phenomena roll no matter what)
Add +10 to all rolls for Psy-Focus.

Sustaining:

Mind Over Matter
Precision Telekinesis (+0 WP, Half Action/Half Action, 5m per PR)
Precognitive Dodge (-10 Per, Reaction)
Telekinetic Weapon (-10 WP, Half Action/Free Action)
Warp Vortex (+0 WP, Half Action/Half Action, 25m per PR, ToF pg. 47, rules here)

Weapons      	 	Rng		RoF		Dam		Pen		Clip	Rld		Qualities

Flamer                  20m             ---             1d10+4E         2               6/6     2 Full          Flame, Spray, Untrained
Neural Whip             03m		---		1d10+5R         0               ---     ---             Flexible, Shocking
Telekinetic Weapon	---		---		1d10+*R		*		---	---		Special*

*Manifested via the power of the same name; 1d10+PR+SB R damage, PR Pen, cannot be destroyed by power fields.
**Listed damage includes SB, all bonuses, etc.

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

BC Bionic Legs: +2 TB on leg hits, Sprint,  +20 Acrobatics to leap/jump.
Black Blood: Always lightly wounded, heals 2 wounds per day.

Quick and the Dead: +2 Initiative
Haunted: +10 to enemy Intimidate
Intelligent Cyst: +2 DoF on failed Interactions

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at Sep 8, 2016 around 07:36

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cully Cross
Covered in Jenny's blood and brain particulate, Cully is filled with rage and hate. Killing some cultist through the impersonal black and white world of preysight didn't satisfy the urge to avenge his fallen acolyte, even if he was probably gonna kill her himself at some point, cause you know there's Plan: Redeem inquisitor and fellow agents in the Emperor's eyes by killing daemonhost then all of them. Cully drops his Bolter at his feet as he hops through the window, chainsword in hand and screaming like a banshee, howling curses and proclamations about SKULLS, BLOOD, and KILL!

Free Action to drop Bolter in hand, Free Action to Quick Draw Chainsword, Full Action to RUN 24 meters towards the biggest concentration of enemies. Cully is gonna lose himself in the melee.

edit: lol pwned WP Test to not Frenzy: 1d100 25

pre:
Primary Combat Block:

Bolter 100m S/3/- 1d10+5 X Pen: 4 Clip: 15/24 Rld: Half Special: Reliable, Tearing

Noteworthy Bionics
Black Blood: Cully is always considered lightly wounded and also heals much faster, removing two points of Damage per day.

Noteworthy Gear
G.C. Helmet Augmentations: Provides the benefits of preysense goggles, photo-visors, rebreathers, vox-casters, and micro-beads.

Noteworthy Talents
Disarm: May use a full action to Disarm his foe by making a opposed WS test. Success causes the enemy to drop his weapon. 
Hip Shooting: Cully may Full Move and make a standard attack with a ranged weapon
Flesh Render: Cully rolls 2 additional dice instead of 1 when using melee weapons with the Tearing quality, discarding the two lowest results.
Jaded: Natural Horrors no longer affect Cully. Terrors of the Warp still affect Cully normally.
Lightning Reflexes: When making an Initiative Roll the character may roll twice and add the highest of the two dice result to his Agility Bonus.

Special Ability
Adroit (WS): The Renegade is a skilful and talented individual who substitutes raw power for honed ability. The Renegade must select 
one Characteristic at Character Creation. Throughout the game, he adds one additional Degree of Success to successful Tests involving that 

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Sep 9, 2016 around 03:28

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

Tess Brandt

Tess watched as one of her comrades went down. Brushing herself off, she got up from her defensive position and yelled to their assailants.

"Not coming here? Hiding in the smoke? FINE!"

Reaching through the smoke, the psyker needed only to glimpse one of the thug's minds. Nerves twitched as his trigger finger clenched and the barrel of his bolter started to sway. In a large circle around her, strange energies began to leak out as the hole in reality she'd torn power from refused to close itself shut.

Pushing to PR 6, causing a phenomena check with +10.
Unfettered Compel, TN 86 (Wil 51 + PsyR 30 + Hood 5 + Focus 10 -Power 10): 1d100 35
6 DoS. I'll make Thug3 shoot Thug4, since they're probably the closest to one another.
Warp Madness: A violent ripple of tainted discord causes all creatures within 2d10 metres (with the exception of the Psyker) to
become Frenzied for a Round and suffer 1d5 Corruption Points unless they can pass a Difficult (10) Willpower Test.
Warp Madness Metersx2, Corruption/2: 3#1d10 1 4 9
5m, 5 Corruption.
So maybe Pancratius? Unless Rodan was standing less than a meter away from her before he moved. It's not really clear how close we all were to each other.

pre:
     WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
     37   36   35   51   30   30   40   51    40   21, 2/2 IP

Wounds: 10/10         Armour: Flak Cloak (0 Head, 3 Everywhere Else)
Dodge: 30, Parry 32 (Precog Dodge is 55 Fettered)  Corruption: 5

CC Stub Revolver  30m  S/-/   1d10+3I    Pen.0  6/6    2 Reload | Reliable
GC Sword         Melee         1d10+3R   Pen.0         Balanced, +5WS 

Relevant Traits/Talents
Jaded - No Fear tests for non-warp/demon-y poo poo.
The Quick and the Dead - +2 Initiative
Psy Rating 3, Unbound

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Yeah, likely Just Pan, maybe Yeusel too. I read the Frenzy and corruption as going hand in hand, so if you pass the willpower test you resist the frenzy and the corruption. That said, you could choose to let the warp overtake you, though frenzy means trying to engage in melee.

I hear it is a good pain.

Once bonelorde posts I'll do an update through everyone but Pan, so firesight can react to the rest of the turn order, though he will need to do his willpower test if he doesn't want to rip and tear.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Yesuel

Blindly firing her laspistol into the murk, Yesuel only catches a glimpse of the flamer and grenades exploding. Their enemies falling so easy was an inspiring sight, at least until Jenny got decapitated by what must have been the luckiest shot in the hive's history. Staying in cover never seemed so appealing.

Meanwhile, Aricia focuses very hard on trying to pick out shapes in the sickly-looking smoke and takes a hopeful shot at the surviving flamer guy.

As Tess' reckless use of warp power causes a wave of wild psychic energy once again, Yesuel's fragile mind briefly shatters as she is overcome by visions of ruination. Cackling daemons devouring worlds, cruel xenos enslaving humanity, doom among the stars, endless bloodshed and peril, etc. An ordinary day in the Imperium basically, but blasted into the soul by a ripple in the Warp in the most unpleasant way possible. Faced with the existential horror inherent in modern life, Yesuel stops shooting and screams and flails a bit before thinking about clawing her eyes out or shooting herself, but remembers the enemies approaching. "Death! Death and ruin! I'll end you all!"

More blind spraying of lasers to frighten them.
Laspistol suppressing fire: 1d100 55 no chance of ever hitting anything in this environment I think.

Let's try not to go insane oh nevermind
Warp madness willpower test: 1d100 70 vs 28

Aricia takes a Half Aim Long Las shot at a flamer man
Long Las Half Aimed shot: 1d100 83 Aricia contributes to the lightshow.

pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel	Inf	Cor
33	35	28	36	41	40	37	38	51	21	10
Move: 4/8/12/24		Wounds: 13/13		Infamy Points: 2/2
Armour: 4 All/3 Head 	Toughness Bonus: 3
Dodge: 41		Parry: 43 (Power Sword)

Combat Things:
Radiant Presence		Everyone else within 20m gets +10 against Fear and Intimidation
Unshakeable Will		Reroll failed Fear Tests

Power Sword		Melee [1d10+5+2 E] [5 Power Field, Balanced]
Laspistol		Pistol 30m [S/2/] [1d10+2 E] [Pen 0] [Clip 30] [Reload Half] [Reliable] 18/30 Charge Pack, 3 Spare
	Overcharge	Pistol 30m [S/2/] [1d10+3 E] [Pen 0] [Clip 40] [Reload Half] [Reliable, x2 Ammo Consumption]
	Overload	Pistol 30m [S/2/] [1d10+4 E] [Pen 2] [Clip 30] [Reload Half] [Unreliable, x4 Ammo Consumption]
Stun Grenade x1

Aricia
pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel
31	31	21	25	26	13	20	22	13
Move: 2/4/6/12		Wounds: 4/4		Loyalty: 61
Armour: 8 All/9 Blast 	Toughness Bonus: 2
Dodge: 26		Parry: - (Unarmed)

Combat Things: 
Berserk Charge		+10 WS for Charges
Double Team		+10 WS for ganging up
Street Fighting		Add WS Bonus to Critical Hits with unarmed and knives
Takedown
Toxic (1)		Enemies that damage in melee make -10 Toughness Test or take 1d10 damage ignoring armour and toughness

Natural Weapons		Melee [1d10+2 I] [Primitive (7)]
Long-Las		Basic 150m [S//] [1d10+3 E] [Pen 1] [Clip 40] [Reload Full] [Accurate, Reliable, Felling (4)] 36/40 Charge Pack, 3 Spare
	Overcharge	Basic 150m [S//] [1d10+4 E] [Pen 1] [Clip 40] [Reload Full] [Accurate, Reliable, Felling (4) x2 Ammo Consumption]
	Overload	Basic 150m [S//] [1d10+5 E] [Pen 3] [Clip 40] [Reload Full] [Accurate, Unreliable, Felling (4) x4 Ammo Consumption]

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Yesuel opens fire with her las-pistol at the incinerator and the two thugs within the killzone, causing them all to take cover behind the various debris one finds in these types of slums. One of the thugs fires on Cully only for the defiant machine spirit in the thug's bolter to jam, eliciting curses from him. Cully ignores him, and instead runs towards the remaining Incinerator and his comrades, coming within 5 meters of one of the thugs. Rodan has the same idea, but he moves a much more modest distance.

The leader of the group emerges from the smoke, and fires his plasma pistol at Cully and fires, but the former guardsmen quickly steps out of the side, some hair on his arm singed as the plasma shot punches a hole in a nearby building. Tess reaches out into the mind of one of the thugs and tries to take control. While she does manage to do so, some of the hate within the thug feeds back through the link, and Tess can only vent the hate outwards to prevent her own mind from being destroyed. This hate, augmented by the warp, washes over the mind of Yesuel, causing her to see red, quite literally.

However, the psyker's gambit works. The targeted thug is compelled against his will to turn his bolter at his comrade, the round penetrating his armor and eliciting a pain scream from the other thug. The remaining incinerator, still cowering from the rounds fired by Yesuel, peaks over the wrecked out auto-carriage and sees that Cully has made his way out from cover, but was close enough to one of the other thugs to make using the flamer too dangerous. He instead pulls his stub automatic and fires, the round using most of its force to get through his armor.

The two remaining thugs also shoot at Cully. The one farthest takes an unsteady shot from cover and misses. The other thug, less than 10 meters from Cully, quickly squeezes off two rounds, and even at this range and ducking behind cover, he could not miss. One round tears into Cully's right leg causing pain to radiate.

Smoke screen: 5 meters away from west side of building, 10 rounds remaining
Smoke 2: 45M away, 18 rounds remaining

Yeseul
Thug 4: 25m 07/18 JAMMED
Cully:10/13 24 meters from building (closest enemy thug 2 at 5 meters)
Rodan: 4 meters from building
Leader: 37m 12/21
Tess
Thug 3: 29m 11/18
Incinerator 1:45m
Arica
Thug 1:45m Pinned
Thug 2: 29m pinned
Pan <----- we are here!

4x thugs: bolter w/melee attachment, chain dagger, poor quality guard flak armor
1 leader: Chainsword, poor quality plasma pistol, Grenade launcher, guard flak armor w/vac sealed

Werix fucked around with this message at Sep 10, 2016 around 03:41

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Pancracius Boselmann

The Instar-infested crag-whore-fucker took a perfectly good shot to the head, and he refused to die!

Howling in sudden senseless rage, Pancracius dropped his gun on the ground as he dashed forward towards the leader, hands outstretched as if to strangle the man for his disrespect for a perfectly good shot.

Behind him, Vault slowly lumbered into a shuffling run as he followed his master.

WP against frenzy vs 26: 1d100 88
Corruption gain: 1d5 3

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

Rodan bursts out of the smoke at a full sprint, roaring and cracking his neural whip. He crosses the open ground in seconds, eyes locked firmly on their leader. His mind is clear. The Other Voice is finally silent again. All he hears inside his head is a familiar chant: Cut off the head and the body dies. Cut off the head and the body dies. Just one of the many Thoughts for the Day and Litanies of Hate that had been forcibly implanted into his brain, enriching him with their many deep layers of meaning.

Just before he reaches their leader, he abruptly skids to a stop, trying to throw off the man's aim. Just a little too fast and far away to be an easy shot, but just a little too close for the Nurglite bastard to get any momentum behind a counter-charge. And most importantly, just within the whip's reach. Didn't need a solid hit for a neural whip to work; these heretics were tough, but the slightest brush from this weapon was excruciating. Nobody could stand up to it forever.

Activating Sprint and Running to 3m away from the leader.

If I get hit by something with a good chance of killing/crippling me (say, the plasma pistol or chainsword), I'll use Precognitive Dodge at a Push (TN 76) instead of Unfettered (TN 56).

pre:
IP: 0/2          TB: 3 (5 Legs)

PR 3, Bound (If pushing, always push at +4, it's a +10 Phenomena roll no matter what)

Sustaining:

Mind Over Matter
Warp Vortex (+0 WP, Half Action/Half Action, 25m per PR, ToF pg. 47, rules here)

Flamer                  20m             ---             1d10+4E         2               6/6     2 Full          Flame, Spray, Untrained
Neural Whip             03m		---		1d10+5R         0               ---     ---             Flexible, Shocking

*Manifested via the power of the same name; 1d10+PR+SB R damage, PR Pen, cannot be destroyed by power fields.

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Tess Brandt

"I see everyone's getting in touch with their inner beast. gently caress it, I'll join the pack."

Tess readied her blade and left the rapidly closing rift - and safety - behind, charging into the thick of battle like everyone else.

Running 18m. -20 to BS to hit her. Preferably in a manner where it's hard to flame her and still get someone else. Like, diagonally a little bit.

pre:

Relevant Traits/Talents
Psy Rating 3, Unbound

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cully Cross
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V67OOERTOEo
Cully hops over the cover, not stopping for the man who shot him in the leg, leaving him at his back as he homes in on one of the cultists who he saw take hits earlier. Time to finish the job.

Full Action to Charge Thug 3, TN 94 to hit.
Charge vs 94: 1d100 6 9 DoS hitting the Body
Chainsword Damage Pen 2: 3d10k1+6 13 15 Replace Damage Die with DoS

pre:
Primary Combat Block:

Wounds: 10/13   Infamy: 2/2  Initiative: 1d10+6

Noteworthy Bionics

Noteworthy Gear

Noteworthy Talents

Special Ability

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Yesuel

After so much uncertainty and doubt, it's all so wonderfully clear. A way to make everything right. Kill the entire galaxy, all of it. Every Imperial citizen, every cultist, every brutish Ork, chittering Tyranid and scheming Eldar, dead. Leave the galaxy a silent, still place. That would fix everything. But first things first, kill these heretics, then the teammates. Then the galaxy, all of it...

Yesuel attempts to convey this brilliant philosophical breakthrough to her 'allies' but all that comes out is incoherent screams as she bolts for the nearest enemy, intent on violence. Aricia ponders the deeper meaning of it all as she attempts to draw a bead on the flamer guy again before he cooks her boss.

Yesuel does a Run move 24m towards nearest enemy, Thug 4 at 25m I guess?

Aricia valiantly tries to shoot the flamer guy again and might actually hit???
Half Aim Long Las shot Incinerator: 1d100 12 vs 41 31 BS +10 Aim +10 Short Range +10 Accurate -20 Smoke

Frenzy:
+10 Strength, Weapon Skill, Toughness
-20 Intelligence, Fellowship, Ballistic Skill
Must move to melee nearest enemy
Immune to fear, pinning, stunning, fatigue

pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel	Inf	Cor
33	35	28	36	41	40	37	38	51	21	15
Move: 4/8/12/24		Wounds: 13/13		Infamy Points: 2/2
Armour: 4 All/3 Head 	Toughness Bonus: 3
Dodge: 41		Parry: 43 (Power Sword)

Combat Things:
Radiant Presence		Everyone else within 20m gets +10 against Fear and Intimidation
Unshakeable Will		Reroll failed Fear Tests

Power Sword		Melee [1d10+5+2 E] [5 Power Field, Balanced]
Laspistol		Pistol 30m [S/2/] [1d10+2 E] [Pen 0] [Clip 30] [Reload Half] [Reliable] 18/30 Charge Pack, 3 Spare
	Overcharge	Pistol 30m [S/2/] [1d10+3 E] [Pen 0] [Clip 40] [Reload Half] [Reliable, x2 Ammo Consumption]
	Overload	Pistol 30m [S/2/] [1d10+4 E] [Pen 2] [Clip 30] [Reload Half] [Unreliable, x4 Ammo Consumption]
Stun Grenade x1

Aricia
pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel
31	31	21	25	26	13	20	22	13
Move: 2/4/6/12		Wounds: 4/4		Loyalty: 61
Armour: 8 All/9 Blast 	Toughness Bonus: 2
Dodge: 26		Parry: - (Unarmed)

Combat Things: 
Berserk Charge		+10 WS for Charges
Double Team		+10 WS for ganging up
Street Fighting		Add WS Bonus to Critical Hits with unarmed and knives
Takedown
Toxic (1)		Enemies that damage in melee make -10 Toughness Test or take 1d10 damage ignoring armour and toughness

Natural Weapons		Melee [1d10+2 I] [Primitive (7)]
Long-Las		Basic 150m [S//] [1d10+3 E] [Pen 1] [Clip 40] [Reload Full] [Accurate, Reliable, Felling (4)] 34/40 Charge Pack, 3 Spare
	Overcharge	Basic 150m [S//] [1d10+4 E] [Pen 1] [Clip 40] [Reload Full] [Accurate, Reliable, Felling (4) x2 Ammo Consumption]
	Overload	Basic 150m [S//] [1d10+5 E] [Pen 3] [Clip 40] [Reload Full] [Accurate, Unreliable, Felling (4) x4 Ammo Consumption]

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Pan is overcome by the warp leakage, and runs towards the nearest thug. Now he could have joined up with Cully, but that thug was just a little too far away, so he runs right towards another thug, sreaming incoherently about headshots.

That thug is the same one who was facing down a weapon jam, and he sees the scrawny adept charging him. Thankfully the adept doesn't quite make it there before he can reload, but the thug does not have time to return fire. Cully meanwhile makes his way towards one of the already wounded thugs, and takes a chunk out of hit chest, the chainsword rending through most of the old flak armor like it was nothing. Meanwhile, as Cully carves, Rodan runs, bringing himself to close with the leader, well almost to close.

The leader smiles at Rodan, "I'll enjoy cooking you!" He thumbs a switch on the side of the plasma pistol and it begins to hum. He pulls the trigger, and a slight delay occurs as the pistol builds up energy and fires off. At three meters away, it was unlikely that the leader would miss, and probability works against Rodan. However, Rodan taps into the warp to tell probability "not today", and is able to side step the plasma round, which hits a near-by building, starting a small exterior fire. However, the laws of nature and probability fight back and a large scream erupts from everywhere as reality yells in pain, causing some of the thugs to grab their ears.

The thug that was just carved up by Cully tries to poke him back with the bayonnet, but Cully daftly parries it. Arica hits the incinerator, causing him to visibly wince, but he still stands.

Okay, leader does fire plasma pistol at Rodan, Rodan tries to use precog dodge but rolls a 89. Since that is 2d10+7 Pen:10 I assumed you'd want to Infamy re-roll, and I did, which allowed you to pass, to Rodan uses one infamy (unless you'd rather take the hit).

Your perils was 61, which is Banshee Howl. Everyone make a +0 toughness test or be deafened for 3 rounds!

Smoke screen: 5 meters away from west side of building, 9 rounds remaining
Smoke 2: 45M away, 17 rounds remaining

Yeseul 24m away from building, 1m from thug 4
Thug 4: 25m 07/18 Deaf 3 rnds
Cully:10/13 29 meters from building in melee w/ thug 3
Rodan: 33 meters from building
Leader: 37m 12/21
Tess 18 meters (closest enemy is either of the 25m guys at 7m away)
Thug 3: 29m 04/18 deaf 3 rnds In melee w/ Cully
Incinerator 1:45m 15/18
Arica
Thug 1:45m Jammed
Thug 2: 29m deaf 3rnds
Pan 18M away (closest enemy Thug 4 at 7m) <----- we are here!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Yeseul

Both Yesuel and Aricia are completely deafened by yet another psychic blast, but it's not like there was anything worth hearing.

Banshee Howl Toughness Test Yesuel/Aricia: 2#1d100 81 63

Skellybones fucked around with this message at Oct 8, 2016 around 15:45

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Pancracius Boselmann

Enraged beyond reason, Pancracius tries to bodyslam into the nearest thug, his limbs flailing unsuccessful to land a hit on his enemy. Vault, the lumbering mountain following behind his master, moves in to assist, but is similarly clumsy at striking with his crude mechanical arms.

Charge is at WS 33 + 10 for frenzy + 20 for charging - 20 for attacking an armed enemy while unarmed
Pan Unarmed Charge vs Thug 4 vs 43: 1d100 51

Vault charges the same target: Ws 26 + 20 charging + 10 outnumbering - 20 unarmed vs armed target
Vault Charging Thug 4: 1d100 40

Both attacks miss.

Pan currently has a TB of 4, cannot parry, and 4 Armor on arms/body/legs. Vault is TB 3, Armor 7, and has a Refractor Field with a Protection Rating of 30 and an Overload number of 10 or less.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Tess Brandt

With no one counter-charging her, Tess had the time to contemplate the ringing in her ears as raw warp energy leaked out of where Rodan used to be. Would have been? It was different for each person touched by the Warp, perhaps.

Reaching out to one of the bolter-bearing cultists, she focused his mind on a singular purpose. The only way to meet the gods he served was to punch his ticket now, before the 'evil Imperials' would convert him back through torture. Just take the gun, turn it around...

Toughness+0, TN 51: 1d100 28
Unfettered Compel, TN 71 (Wil 51 + PsyR 15 + Hood 5 + Focus 10 -Power 10): 1d100 50
3 DoS vs. Thug 2. He gets +20 on the opposed WP test, since the command is suicidal.

pre:

Relevant Traits/Talents
Psy Rating 3, Unbound

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

Rodan's winces in pain as his head fills with an unearthly screeching; he can feel warm wetness spreading down his face from his ears. His rhythm thrown off, his whip cracks wide over the cultist's shoulder, not even close enough to make the smug bastard flinch. At least his gun would be temporarily dry after a shot like that.

Toughness TN 40: 94

I think I'm supposed to be marked down as 34m from the building since I ran to 3m from the leader. Aim and Standard Attack with the Neural Whip.

Standard Attack vs 66: 93 zzz

Just Unfettered if he hits me again, I'm done pushing my luck for today.

pre:
IP: 1/2          TB: 3 (5 Legs)

Sustaining:

Mind Over Matter

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

The remainder of the combat was brutal and bloody. Rodan closes in with the leader, and once in close range, manages to use his whip to take down the foe, after a bit of a rocky start. Cully manages to dispatch his foe, while Tess manages to have one of the thugs turn his bolter on himself. With their leader dead and their numbers fast falling, the other thugs break off and try to flee, but thankfully Aricia manages to burst the fleeing incinerator's fuel tank, taking him down along with a couple of his friends. The last fleeing thug is dispatched by the as always stellar shooting of Cully.

With the response force taken down, the group quickly, yet thoroughly, finish their investigation. Since they managed to keep the print shop fire free, they gather some documents there, as well as inspect the bodies of the dead thugs. None of them have written orders on them, that would be too easy, but a few things seem to come together. In the print shop there are a bunch of paper pads with the Arbax Arms letterhead on them. Their content isn't too illuminating, just different scribbled ideas for fliers. However, the interesting thing is that a couple of the thugs are wearing old worker jumpsuits with Arbax Arms markings as well, and their bolers carry a stamp on them similar to the insignia on the uniform and writing pads.

The crew make their way up to the more civilized portions of Gunmetal City, carrying the headless body of Jenny with them, no one wanting to leave her down there to rot. They make a quick stop at a morgue, before going to an Administratum complex and using their public terminals to look up Arbax Arms. From the publicly available knowledge it seems Arbax Arms was a Manufactorum started by out of sector interests who happened to get a Mechanicus license to manufacture arms and armor for an elite Guard regiment outside of the sector. News articles tell of the construction of the plant, and then not much else until 11 years ago, when articles mention that the workers at the factory went on strike due to horrible working conditions. The articles mention that the Arbites were called in along with Enforcers to quell the strike, but it erupted in violence, with workers turning stolen weapons on the arbites. The business puttered along for another two years, but nine years ago the regiment they were under license to supply was dissolved when their planet was devoured by Tyranids.

All the pieces seem to fit. It would appear that this Nurgle Psyker is based in the old Arbax Arms factory, using the remaining stockpile of goods to arm his troops while likely using the old worker uprising there to feed his narrative to the workers he is converting. Chances are the location is going to be a hot-bed of activity. The group could try to sneak in, but that would be a tall order to accomplish. An assault could be mounted, but the group had just lost one member to a small handful of cultists. The last option would be to tell the Arbites. They had enough evidence, not to mention Throne Agent Rossettes, to push them into action. Hell, the matter could be left to the arbites to clean up.

Okay, hand waived that fight since I didn't want it to drag down the game anymore. I am now presenting you all an option. You can try and move forward here, either alone, or with arbites support. Or you could inform the arbites and let them handle it from here. This is being presented as an option to move the game forward and get closer to that whole Black Crusading thing. There will be no additional experience, infamy, or corruption awarded in dealing with it personally, and if you leave it to the arbites, they will succeed in wiping out the cult.

The only potential difference that could come out of deciding to pursue it to its conclusion would be if the group instead decided to side with the cult and leave it alone. Actually, you could still take that option now. If you Just walk away and tell no one, the cult will flourish.

So please post and indicate if you would rather:

1.See this through to its conclusion and if you want to do it alone or have arbites support,
2. Leave it to the Arbites,
3. Just walk away and let the cult alone.

Feel free to of course discuss this in or out of character. I am offering this merely as a way to move along the main story. If everyone wants to finish the cult, I am more than willing to do so.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Handwave leaving it to the arbites with the exception that Cully would tag along incognito to observe and satiate his bloodlust. This doesn't actually need to be roleplayed out, it can just be handwaved.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Sep 28, 2016 around 12:32

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Tess is fine with letting the Arbites handle it.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Pan will be fine with letting the arbites do the fighting, but will want to be involved in going over documents and writings that are left. Too much poo poo that can't be trusted for untrained eyes.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Supervising the arbites, making sure nothing heretical escapes

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Let's let the arbites handle this one, yeah.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

You know cully really wants to kill that daemonhost when he gets back right guys? No? Now you know, how do you feel about this?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Part I:Precipice of the Abyss

Act II: Dark Side of the Inquisition

All my friends are heathens take it slow
Wait for them to ask you who you know
Please don't make any sudden moves
You don't know the half of the abuse.

Old Terran Poem, author unknown, declared Heriticus Minor for advocating consorting with heretics and implying mistreatment by authority.

The acolyte cell make their way to the Arbites Block, and ask to speak to someone sufficiently high enough to deal with Throne agents, and things move quickly when the group presents their Inquisitorial credentials. To their credit, the Gunmetal City arbites take it rather seriously, and a senior Justicar is soon greeting the acolytes. They lay out their case, going from the hidden messages in the pamphlets, reporting their run ins with the apostate and the thugs, and all the paraphernalia from Arbax Arms. The only difficult thing is making up some way that they know the cult is led by a Nurgle psyker; telling the Justicar that their daemonhost interrogator told them probably would not have gone over too well.

As the arbites are mobilizing, the group gets a communication from Inquisitor Whitehall asking them all to meet her as quickly as their current assignment allows. Seeing as they had passed their information on to the arbites, the group think now would be as good of a time as any to leave, and they make their way back to their hotel in Hive Sibellus.

Upon their arrival, Whitehall is waiting along with Banca/Xanaroch. The daemonhost is bound in the additional warding, seals, and chains that Whitehall typically uses while traveling with the daemonhost, though the more warp atuned among the group have never felt Xanaroch's power decline when bound as such, and think it has little to no effect.

Whitehall looks eager to get going, and quickly greets everyone. "Okay. I am glad you all handled that situation in Gunmetal City, but that was merely an opportunity to take advantage of..." She pauses and looks around the group, inquiring as to Jenny's location. When she is filled in Whitehall slams her fist down on the kitchen counter. "drat it, I am getting sick of losing everyone. This all ends here today. While you lot were dealing with all of that, I was off at the Tricorn Palace, gathering some intel. There is an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Named Jethras Slone. Many consider Jethras a radical, as he has a very unique method of dealing with daemons. See, when a daemon enters the material plane and is defeated, it does not truly die, it returns to the Immaterium, where it is trapped for a time, though eventually it can re-enter the material plane."

"Or a daemon who has been banished can be brought back through, say, a binding ritual," Xanaroch adds with a toothy grin.

Whitehall glares the creature down, and then continues, "Anyway, Inquisitor Slone combats daemons by enacting rituals and binding them into daemonhosts. he then keeps theses daemonhosts hidden away in a secret facility, a prison for daemons. To put it simply, I have figured out where he has his prison located. It is right here on Scintilla, in the ruins of Hive Tenebra"

The name is familiar to all in the room to some extent. Everyone knows Hive Tenebra was located in the jungles on Scintilla's equator. Some major event happened about a thousand years ago, making it uninhabited. Since then the hive has been slowly reclaimed by the jungle.

Whitehall continues,"If we can find the facility, then we can find Slone's notes. No one else who is still ostensibly loyal would know more about binding rituals. If his documents don't show us how to beat this binding ritual, nothing will."

The blackness leaves Xanaroch's eyes the distant voice of Banca can be heard, "Don't do this, it is madness. If you go there the beast in me will use the opportunity to break all those daemonhosts free!" Her eyes quickly go black again, and Xanaroch smiles, but says nothing.

Whitehall seems to ignore the thing. "We have two options. We can fly straight to Tenebra and land there. It would be expedient, but I am sure that Slone will have some sort of radar scanners, and his facility staff will know we are coming. Otherwise we can land some distance away in the jungle and march there on foot. This isn't a death world, so there should be little risk, but it will be tiring, I will leave it to you."

Okay, 500 exp to everyone. No corruption or infamy, as you haven't done much to warrant it.

Whitehall is offering two potential entry routes. Direct or walk up. Or if you want you could try to kill the daemonhost as viva wants. Keep in mind I have statted it out, and I will not pull punches. Plus whitehall will probably side with the daemon in her misguided loyalty towards the host.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

Rodan flicks the pilot light of his flamer on and off several times, watching the ice around the tip melt away and return just as quickly. He didn't feel cold, but every breath resulted in a blast of fog, and he could hear the frost crackling in his armor joints every time he moved. Frankly, he missed the strange reflections. They had been much more fun to watch. But looking at the flame did give him one idea: why not try manipulating the fire directly? He was certain his mind could throw it much farther than this weapon could fire.

The daemonhost was largely irrelevant to him, although the voice seemed interested in its power. Rodan had to admit, the raw psychic force it wielded was... interesting. It would be a pity to just destroy it. But orders were orders, and the Inquisitor wanted to banish the daemon.

"I favor kicking in the front door. A surgical strike, in and out. The faster we can move, the better."

Child of the Warp Flavor of the Day: 3, frost covers everything within 10 meters.

Buying WT (Flame), Manifest Flame, and Fire Bolt. Banking the last 100 xp.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Tess Brandt

The loss of one of their own had actually siphoned off a little bit of Tess' usual levity. Whitehall's reaction had inspired the emotional impact, which had quickly been buried under a pile of adrenaline, to claw its way up to the surface. Without the benefit of training, the unsanctioned psyker's hate bubbled and smoked in the pit of her soul, just waiting to be unleashed.

"I mean, he's still loyal, right? Don't you guys have some secret handshake? It's not like we're gonna tell him specifics. I say we fly. Worse comes to worse, we have to get a little rough with... a handful of people? It's not like he's got a Guard regiment at his secret black-site jungle demon prison."

Bought Intimidate+10 and Doombolt. My Child of the Warp is stuck on Distorted Reflections.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Pancracius Boselmann

Rubbing his balding head with both hands, Pancracius's eyes fix on Banca with anguish, and maybe just a bit of obsession, showing in them. "I'm sorry Banca, but we have to do this. We have to free you. We have sacrificed so much to try and bring you back..."

As the planning session proceeds, the adept shakes his head in negation. "If we go in guns blazing, they may destroy everything we need to banish Xanaroch. After all, the logical assumption would be that we are cultists, especially if Inquisitor Sloane knows of the plague cult in Gunmetal City. We need to secure as much of the location as we can before they do anything rash. Could we announce ourselves as allies of Inquisitor Sloane, with a bound daemonhost in tow that needs to be stored? That would likely get us access to the location."

Bought Deceive at +10, banking 150xp

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at Oct 7, 2016 around 16:12

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cully Cross
"I still don't understand why you continue to go on this course Whitehall. You realize all we have to do is kill this freak, destroy any evidence that this ever fething happened, and we can be on our way. It's a tragedy what happened to your protege but she's gone. She's probably begging for death now AREN'T YOU BANCA!!" Cully suddenly yells out to Banca/Xanaroch. "Your good heart and loyalty to her has already cost us our souls in the eyes of the Emperor and its gonna lead to us being daemon food if we stay on this course. Jenny's soul is already being feasted on by the monsters of the immaterium I bet. We'll still hit this place you designate and I'll play ball. I'll infiltrate via the jungle and conduct reconnaissance of the site and then vox you guys the details so you don't go in blind. But make no mistake two things are gonna happen when we go there seeking answers. Either we succeed in banishing Banca's daemon and you get back your precious Interrogator or we fail yet again and there will be a reckoning for you and anyone who wants to stand up for you in this team. Because I'm tired of this grox poo poo, I'm tired of sacrificing everything I've ever believed in, and quite frankly I hate you and everything you've turned us into. Your weakness disgusts me and you do not deserve your position Whitehall."

Buying Swift Attack for 500

pre:
Primary Combat Block:

Bolter 100m S/3/- 1d10+5 X Pen: 4 Clip: 24/24 Rld: Half Special: Reliable, Tearing

Noteworthy Bionics

Noteworthy Gear

Noteworthy Talents

Special Ability

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Whithall smiles at the question from Tess. "The situation is a little more complex than that. Slone is a loyalist, just as we are, but he certainly in that gray area. Some of our peers in the Heriticus believe that consorting with daemonhosts at all is unforgivable," Whitehall seems oblivious to that statement's impact having Xanaroch standing next to her. "Some of my peers have even held an inquest against Slone, and he refused to share any of his information then, or whenever anyone else has asked. I don't plan for us to approach his compund and ask for the data, we are going to either sneak in or break in, and steal it. The Inquisitor isn't on world, so we won't even be dealing with him, just whatever security he has, which given the prisoners, might still be formidable. Keep that information in mind as we plan our approach. Also I don't know where the facility is other than somewhere in the ruins of hive Tenebra."

At Cully's outburst Xanaroch laughs, and Whitehall stands up to her full height, staring Cully directly in the eye. "No one has forced you to be here Cully. I don't conscript my Throne Agents. You have been free this entire time to leave if you disagree with my methods. Banca isn't just my Interrogator, she was also all of your training officer and superior. She's saved each of your lives more times than any of you can count. If she hadn't been around you would have been eviscerated by that pure-strain genestealer On Golg Prime. Or what about that serial killer noble that got the drop on Rodan, who survived only due to quick thinking from Banca. Or Emperor forbid that Dark Eldar who got her hands on Jenny in the jungles of Ultir VI. Each of you have reasons to be here. If none of that matters to you, then go and leave now, I don't want you here."

Xanaroch frowns, "No madam inquisitor, let Cully stay. I would like to see him try and fight me. I'll flay his mind and leave him a brainless little toy for me to play with."

Whitehall backhands the daemonhost, and glares at it before turning back to Cully. "Get your poo poo together before I let it do just that. So leave, or stow that poo poo soldier."

Okay some new info:
1. Whitehall doesn't know where in the hive it is.
2. You'll have to sneak in or fight in and steal the info.
3. Daemonhosts are creepy.

Don't know if that changes anyone's plans of approach.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cully Cross
"Hahahahahahaahahahaa. I'm not stupid enough to believe that was ever an option. You don't walk away from the Inquisition alive and I doubt any team that would take me would be less....radical than you are. We're all in too drat deep as is. As for all the times Banca's saved our collective butts, I haven't forgotten. But you can't even hear her own words when she speaks it. She doesn't want us to take on this mission, she knows that monster will free its kind. I don't know how but she knows and she mustered up enough will to warn us. You wanna risk unleashing daemons on Scintilla to save her? I know you don't care what any other Inquisitor thinks but can you live with yourself knowing that's a possibility?"

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Tess Brandt

"Well, I'm down for sneaking in, myself."

quote:

"Hahaha...knowing that's a possibility?"

"Or maybe it's -really- her passenger, getting scared and screwing with us. Who knows?"

Tess sat down on the edge of the table and manually adjusted one of the auto-injectors sticking out of her shoulder. She winced, and her cadence slowed as the psy-inhibiting sedatives kicked in.

"But... it's like you said. We don't get out of this clean unless we get her fixed. But if we do... I mean, anything's worth a shot, right? I owe her that much. Even for a fraction of a chance. Even for damnation. Otherwise this was all for nothing."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cully Cross
"I shoulda stayed on Cadia. Feth it Tess, I'll back you up at least. Vox me when you figure out the plan and there's damage to be done." Cully says as he heads out of the room to go clear his mind and smoke some lhos.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Tess Brandt

"Much obliged, Mr. Cross. I'd come with, but... I think a lho right now would empty what's left of my stomach..."

Tess loudly tried to clear her throat, before giving up and lying back on the table.

"So. First things first - a few missions back, I was the only one with a camo cloak. Is that still the case? Because that might change some... stuff. About what will eventually be the plan."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Pancracius Boselmann

Pancracius's gaze finds itself fixed on Cully's retreating form, his clenched hands trembling slightly at his side. Cullys casual disregard for Banca's life did that to him, most of the time. Still, he kept himself under control. Trying to berate the man for his words would simply send him into a rage that would likely result in Pancracius's injury.

"Unfortunately Tess, that would seem to be the case. I managed to trip over the one I picked up after that mission, and, well, it has a rather nice tear going halfway across it. But we need to find someway to sneak inside, or we risk everything we need being destroyed. Searching a Hive for a hidden facility is like trying to find a Grimlet in a swamp though..."

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Yeseul

Unable to keep brooding silently after Cully's outburst, Yeseul steps up and fixes Whitehall's aura with as steady a stare as she can manage.

"Whitehall, you know as well as I that while one may serve the Emperor in all things, sacrificing one's life in service is both the simplest act and the most worthy. That the Inquisition is granted extraordinary trust and power to step beyond the bounds of the Arbites, Ecclesiarchy and Militarum to protect humanity from that which would prey on it. I respect you immensely and every day I regret what has happened to Banca, but tell me this: Is this truly worth it? Assaulting the base of a fellow Inquisitor in the hope of discovering forbidden daemonology? Will that redeem us for consorting with a daemon for years? To risk unleashing even more daemons, to be marked as Traitoris Excommunicatus? I will do whatever you need me to, but I need you to tell me that this is not a mistake and I am serving the Imperium, not sabotaging it."

Buying Agility +5 and Ambidextrous for 500.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Xanaroch makes a faux clearing of her throat sound, and speaks, It is amazing you all are this incompetent. Location is not important; if there really is a high concentration of my kin there even the inept Rodan could detect them from a fly by, much less myself. Do a quick fly by, detect the giant daemonic presences, and then land there, they won't have time to prepare."

Whitehall glares the creature down, "Why would you even help?" Xanaroch gives her standard, unsettling grin, "Because I can't wait to see you fail, which will allow me to unleash all my friends! Can you imagine what that many daemonhosts could accomplish if set loose on a sector capital?" Whitehall ignores the comment, and looks at the group, "That seems as good an idea as any to me, Rodan, Tess, you keep your psy-feelers out, so we don't rely on just the daemon. A flyby shouldn't totally be out of the ordinary if there are sensors and radar, so we'll fly over, you will try to pinpoint the location, and then we'll land outside the hive and go in on foot. I doubt that Slone has the whole hive rigged with security and surveillance."

If the plan made, everyone loads up into Whitehall's air-truck outside, with Xanaroch in the back, as usual, and the vehicle makes off towards the starport, and to Whitehall's waiting guncutter. The truck pulls right up the ramp, and the entire party gets out and takes their places. The pilot servitors are given their directives, and the ship takes off for orbit, and within 20 minutes, is reentering over the central continent. The party is greeted by nothing but green below, as the large central rain forests take up the landscape below. It does not take long for the massive yet decaying form of Hive Tenebra to appear.

The hive takes the shape of a circle of tiered pyramids six in total, rising out of the jungle, a collapsing loop running between them that was once a 48 lane super highway. The pyramids themselves are built atop yet more constructs, what would have clearly been the underhive back in its day. The Guncutter makes a through, yet fast loop of each pyramid. Xanaroch is brought out of her hold, and sits near Rodan and Tess as they each reach out with their minds. The two begin to question the plan, but that questioning goes out the window as the guncutter reaches the upper spires of the north-most pyramid.

At that moment Rodan and Tess and bombarded with horrifying visions while Xanaroch's mouth opens wide. The blackness retreats from her eyes as Banca once again asserts control. She stares at Whitehall for nearly 30 seconds and shakes her head yes before Xanaroch once again reasserts itself. With the target hive located, Whitehall orders the guncutter to land at the base of the hive.

The party disembarks, and begins to make their way into the under-hive, which contains a sewage system. For the first time in anyone's lives, they enter a sewer with no sewage, given that it no one above is producing any. Now they only have to figure out how to get up to the upper hive.

Okay, so I was going to do a navigate surface test to see if you all know your way, or if you get lost, until I realized no one has the skill. I just want to give some of you a chance to react to the above and to come up with suggestions before I launch into another wall of text, or have you encounter whatever creepies lurk in the abandoned hive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

"For our sake, I hope that imagery was just warp-chatter and not a vision of the future," muttered the voice in his head. Rodan grits his teeth, pushes the alien thoughts back down, and sniffs the air. Clean. This place had been abandoned for a long time. Long enough for other things to move in. What could cause an entire hive to be evacuated? More importantly, was it still a threat?

A tiny white-hot orb of flame bursts to life in his left hand, pushing back the darkness. The faster they got this done, the better. They'd been chasing a means to deal with Banca's passenger for far too long; he'd be glad to be done with it, one way or the other.

Manifest Flame (Fettered) vs 86: 24

• Locked thread