Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

Rodan has been standing quietly in one of the corners, fiddling with a steak knife he grabbed off a shelf when it caught his eye. He could see his reflection in it. It kept changing in unsettling but deeply interesting ways. When everyone else speaks up, he sets the knife down on the counter again and talks in a voice husky from disuse and muffled by his helmet.

"Workers. Nurgle prefers the weak. Thrives on crowded conditions and poverty. Always where I look first."

Having said his piece, he goes back to wiggling the knife back and forth, marveling at the way his image twists and contorts. Like it's alive.

Child of the Warp Flavor of the Day: 8, Distorted Reflections within 10 meters.

pre:
Name: Rodan 008
Alignment: Unaligned (too insane to care, probably Exalted Psyker in the long run)
Archetype: Psyker (Bound)
Pride: Grace
Disgrace: Regret
Motivation: Perfection

WS:  46 (16 +5 Motivation)
BS:  32 (12 -5 Pride)
S:   40 (15)
T:   36 (11)
Agi: 40 (10 +5 Pride)
Int: 30 (8 -3 Motivation)
Per: 41 (16)
WP:  46 (16 +5 Archetype)
Fel: 30 (8 -3 Motivation)

Wounds: 12
Infamy: 26
IP: 2/2
CP: 17

Skills:

Awareness
Common Lore (Imperium, War)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Psykers)
Intimidate
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Psyniscience
Stealth
Trade (Chymist)

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Child of the Warp
Double Team
Jaded
Psy Rating 3
Quick Draw
Sprint
Weapon Training (Primary, Shock, Flame)

Psychic Powers:

PR 3

Glimpse
Mind Over Matter
Precision Telekinesis
Precognition
Precognitive Dodge
Telekinetic Weapon
Warp Vortex
Manipulate Flame
Spontaneous Combustion

Traits/Mutations/Other:

The Quick and the Dead: +2 to Initiative Rolls

Psyker (Bound)

Haunted

Intelligent Cyst

BC Bionic Legs
Black Blood

Gear:

Flamer (Laspistol)
Neural Whip
Imperial Guard Flak Armor (Flak Cloak)
Psy-Focus (Scorched Remains of Imperial Guardsman's Uplifting Primer)
Dataslate (Mission)
Stummer

Acquisitions:

BC Bionic Legs
Black Blood

XP/Inf/CP Log:

+500 XP - Nurgle Cult Hunting
+600 XP, +5 Inf, +3 CP - Whitehall's Downfall

XP		2000/2100

Glimpse-100                (U)
Warp Vortex-200            (U)
Precognitive Dodge-200	   (U)
Stealth-200		   (U)
Ambidextrous-250	   (U)
WT (Flame)-250             (U)
Manipulate Flame-100       (U)
Spontaneous Combustion-200 (U)
Quick Draw-250             (U)
Double Team-250            (U)

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

Rodan swipes through the mission details on his datapad one last time and then puts it away. There was a psyker performing Nurgle rituals? Then that was exactly what he was going to look for. Imagination and subtlety were not his strong suits. Rodan stalks off into the crowds and back-alleys of the hab blocks, scrying for anything unnatural. He hoped he'd find an unsanctioned psyker or someone else with clearly heretical leanings. It had been far too long since he'd last threatened someone.

He didn't expect to actually find the culprit they were looking for, but unless this cult had no working-class ties at all, he might be able to catch someone tangentially connected and then murder his way up the food chain.

Rodan's going to wander around the hab-blocks using Psyniscience to look for unnatural psychic signatures or other evidence of psykers/rituals. If he actually stumbles across a possible cult tie, like a psyker or somebody with ritual residue in their basement, he'll press them for information with Intimidate. If he intimidates anyone, he'll try to use an Unfettered Glimpse (TN 56) first to gain a +15 on the Intimidate test.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

"Front door, then open the side door. Right. Hold these."

Rodan unceremoniously thrusts his whip and flamer into Pancracius's hands, and turns back to face the warehouse. He starts to walk, then hesitates and turns around.

"I'm going to want those back."

With that, he stalks off and joins the back of the worker queue. He tries to occupy himself during the wait by idly skimming near-future events, but finds nothing of value, only Warp-touched nonsense visions so unlikely to occur that the information within is worthless. At least he'd know what to do if the Ultramarines decided to drop in a few seconds from now.

Meanwhile, the little voice in the back of his head had started up again, chattering away with plans and ideas for how to get past the guards. Stupid thing. It was better at dealing with people in non-violent ways than he was, but he loathed it anyway. Following its orders made him feel hollow and distant, like he was losing control of his body. Made him want to dig his fingers into his eye sockets, reach in deep and find the voice and tear it out forever.

Glimpse (Fettered) TN 61 (41 +10 PR 2 +10 Psy-Focus): 72

If and when they stop Rodan and ask him why he's here, he'll use Intimidate to strongly imply that he's been asked to come by Someone Important and that they shouldn't be stopping him. If pressed, he'll remove the helmet to show off the aquila brands and imply that he's holding a grudge against the Imperial Establishment over the scarification and torture. Basically going for the Psycho Cultist Bodyguard act.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

Front door done. Now he just had to open the side door. Lots of heretics in here, he noted; this could get ugly fast, although it probably wouldn't be hard to break the will of the workers once they understood how outclassed they were. He advances quickly and calmly towards the guards in his path. The voice in his head won't shut up. It was grating on his nerves before, now it was getting excruciating. Why wouldn't it stop talking? He didn't need its drat help. He pauses in front of the guards, who stare at him cautiously. Then the voice tries to take over, and everything goes deeply, deeply wrong.

"Get out of my way, I ne--SHUT UP GET OUT GET OUT OF ME! I DON'T NEED YOU, PARASITE!"

Rodan grabs at his head and stumbles back a step, snarling in rage. The voice is sulking about him ruining everything, screaming that he's failed to follow his orders, but he's miles past caring now. If these fools want to fight, he'll give them blood. All the blood in the world.

Glimpse (Fettered) TN 61: 16

Intimidate vs 50: 1d100 88

Intimidate vs 50 Reroll: 1d100 85, that's uh, 6 DoF with Intelligent Cyst.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

Rodan stares at them, through them, into the churning depths of the Warp. He tunes out the whining little thing in the back of his mind completely, focusing on the purity of his hate. He needed to open the side door. These guards were in the way. There was only one way this was going to end. He starts concentrating on the ground between them.

It starts with a few whirling pieces of dust, but within a few seconds, a growing ball of debris marks the center of a rapidly growing singularity. He stares dispassionately at them as they start to notice the drag on their ankles. When the closer one glances back in confusion, Rodan finally cracks a smile behind his mask.

"Wait, I thought you guys were doing that. Is that thing not yours?"

Initiative: 7

Warp Vortex (Unfettered) vs 61: 82 oh for the love of

Warp Vortex (Unfettered) vs 61 Reroll: 24 there, thank you, didn't want IP anyway.

Forgot to add in my Psy-Focus, doesn't matter for that awful first roll anyway.

A Warp Vortex opens between them. I don't feel like typing the wall of text into my combat block, so here's the gist of it: anyone within 3 meters of the chosen point (i.e. both guards) has to make a +0 Toughness test or fall prone and be dragged 2 meters towards the center. Anyone caught in the center takes 2d10 Impact damage, soaked as normal. Every time I choose to maintain this power on my turn, they have to make the Toughness test again. Anyone in the Vortex trying to move away from the center has to pass a +0 Agility test first, otherwise they can't move away from the center, only around it or towards it. Anyone making a ranged attack that draws LOS through the Vortex area takes -20 to their BS.

Note: if one of them actually shoots at me and hits, I'll Max Push Precognitive Dodge. If I gotta go, I'm taking them with me.

pre:
Wounds: 12/12      AP: 4 All
IP: 0/2          TB: 3 (5 Legs)
Movement: 4/8/12/24
Dodge/Precog Dodge: 40/(41/46/66) (Fettered/Unfettered/Max Push)

WS   BS  S   T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel  
46   32  40  36   40   30   41   46    30

Skills: Awareness, Dodge, Intimidate, Psyniscience, Stealth

Talents: Ambidextrous, Child of the Warp, Jaded, PR 3, Sprint

(Relevant) Psychic Powers:
PR 3, Bound (Always push at +4, it's a +10 Phenomena roll no matter what)

Maintaining: Warp Vortex (PR 3)

Mind Over Matter
Precision Telekinesis (+0 WP, Half Action/Half Action, 5m per PR)
Precognitive Dodge (-10 Per, Reaction)
Telekinetic Weapon (-10 WP, Half Action/Free Action)
Warp Vortex (+0 WP, Half Action/Half Action, 25m per PR, ToF pg. 47)

Weapons      	 	Rng		RoF		Dam		Pen		Clip	Rld		Qualities

Telekinetic Weapon	---		---		TBD		TBD		---	---		Special*

*Manifested via the power of the same name; 1d10+PR+SB R damage, PR Pen, cannot be destroyed by power fields.

Wargear:

Psy-Focus

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jul 12, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

Ears ringing from the point-blank bolterfire, Rodan glances at the guard in irritation verging on disgust.

"Terrible shot."

He sends another pulse of energy to the vortex, momentarily intensifying its drag, and readies himself. Even an idiot could hit the broad side of a Land Raider given enough tries. If he kept his footing again, Rodan needed to make sure any future shots would be passing through a field of distorted gravity, and that meant throwing this fool across the room.

Sustaining Warp Vortex as a half-action, forcing another +0 Toughness test for the guards and inflicting 2d10I damage to the one at the center.

If the standing guard gets dragged in, I'll half-action move down, circling around below them. I'd like to get in position to try shoving at least one of them into the lava next turn, because that'd be sweet.

If he passes the test again, I'll use Mind Over Matter at the Unfettered level to throw the standing guard backwards. The TN will be 81 (46 WP +10 Difficulty +10 Psy-Focus +15 FP), and the guard Opposes that roll with a +0 Strength test. If I win the Opposed test, the guard will be thrown 3 meters back, +1m for every additional DoS on the test. It doesn't specify whether or not he'll be knocked prone, but I assume it'd be an acrobatics or agility check if he gets launched several meters backwards.

Edit: turns out I'm an idiot and forgot to include Quick and the Dead in my initiative. Just leave it at 7 for this fight, it's easier that way.

pre:
Dodge: 40
Precog Dodge: (41/46/66) (Fettered/Unfettered/Push)
(Unless I state otherwise in my post, assume I'm using Unfettered Precog Dodge)

PR 3, Bound (If pushing, always push at +4, it's a +10 Phenomena roll no matter what)

Mind Over Matter

*Manifested via the power of the same name; 1d10+PR+SB R damage, PR Pen, cannot be destroyed by power fields.

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

BC Bionic Legs: +2 TB on leg hits, Sprint,  +20 Acrobatics to leap/jump.
Black Blood: Always lightly wounded, heals 2 wounds per day.

Quick and the Dead: +2 Initiative
Haunted: +10 to enemy Intimidate
Intelligent Cyst: +2 DoF on failed Interactions

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 17, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

Rodan continues to stroll casually around the fallen guards, his pace slowed by the degree of concentration required to keep the vortex from destabilizing. As he walks by, he calmly raises one hand towards them and extends its middle finger.

Maintain the vortex as a half action, continue to circle around below them.

pre:
Precog Dodge: (41/46/66) (Fettered/Unfettered/Push)

PR 3, Bound (If pushing, always push at +4, it's a +10 Phenomena roll no matter what)

Mind Over Matter

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

The vortex snaps shut with an ugly squelch of meat and metal. Rodan stares at the result for a moment, then shakes his head. No salvaging any of that. It reminded him of the time he'd shoved a fragmentation grenade into a servitor.

Rodan steps up next to Pancracius, retrieves his gear, and watches the interrogation. Even he had to admit, it was a pleasure to watch a master at work.

"Talk. We're being gentle. We can do much worse."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

Rodan chuckles at the violence, then looks around for a few seconds at the crumbling warehouse hanging high above flowing lava.

"Warehouse is going to burn itself soon enough. Heh. Print shop should be a good place to start. Taking her with us?"

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

Rodan peers out one of the western windows and growls in frustration. The two fools in here hadn't even remotely whetted his bloodthirst, and while he could be on top of that armed mob in seconds, the others wouldn't be able to catch up before he got dogpiled.

"Rrrgh, never close enough to cut. Get over here, need to kill you..."

The voice inside piped up again, despite his best attempts to bury it earlier. [They'll be close enough to burn you soon enough. Crush them, now!]

For once, he agreed with it. A few seconds of concentration later, a whirling gravitational anomaly bursts into life between a few of the thugs.

---------

ALL ABOARD THE WARP FUCKERY EXPRESS CHOO CHOO

Initiative: 11

Move to a west-side window and pop a Warp Vortex where it'll catch as many of them as possible, prioritizing the flamer guys.

Warp Vortex (Unfettered) vs 71 (46 +15 PR +10 Psy-Focus): 9, click here to remember how Warp Vortex works

For turn 2, Sustain the Vortex and Draw my Neural Whip.

pre:
Precog Dodge: (51/56/76) (Fettered/Unfettered/Push)

Add +10 to all rolls for Psy-Focus.

Mind Over Matter

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

Rodan grits his teeth in frustration and shifts the vortex back onto the blur where enemy leader had been standing. Nurgle bastards could be so infuriatingly persistent. If they'd just get closer already, he'd show them. He'd show them all. They might be able to shrug off a gravitational anomaly, but nobody shrugged off a psychic blade to the gut. At least, not if you shoved it in there enough times.

---------

Woops, that'll teach me to forget that they might NOT get stuck in the vortex.

Warp Vortex (Unfettered) vs 71 (46 +15 PR +10 Psy-Focus): 52

Dropping it on the Leader (and anybody else stupid enough to be within 3 meters, although I expect they've spread out at this point).

pre:

Sustaining: Warp Vortex (PR 3)

Mind Over Matter
Warp Vortex (+0 WP, Half Action/Half Action, 25m per PR, ToF pg. 47, rules here)

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

Rodan growls in frustration as a teammate's head pops off, his concentration broken. The blade of force around his hand fizzles before it even visibly forms.

"Enough waiting. Gonna go meet them halfway."

With that, he stands and jump-kicks through the window, then ducks behind a pile of rubble inside the cloud of smoke.

Half-action moving 4 meters into cover inside the smoke, trying to manifest Telekinetic Weapon in my free hand.

Telekinetic Weapon (Unfettered) vs 61 (46 -10 Power +10 Psy-Focus +15 PR 3): 89

pre:
Wounds: 12/12      AP: 4 All (5 vs Blast)

Sustaining:

Mind Over Matter
Warp Vortex (+0 WP, Half Action/Half Action, 25m per PR, ToF pg. 47, rules here)

Flamer                  20m             ---             1d10+4E         2               6/6     2 Full          Flame, Spray, Untrained
Neural Whip             03m		---		1d10+5R         0               ---     ---             Flexible, Shocking
Telekinetic Weapon	---		---		1d10+*R		*		---	---		Special*

**Listed damage includes SB, all bonuses, etc.

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 8, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

Rodan bursts out of the smoke at a full sprint, roaring and cracking his neural whip. He crosses the open ground in seconds, eyes locked firmly on their leader. His mind is clear. The Other Voice is finally silent again. All he hears inside his head is a familiar chant: Cut off the head and the body dies. Cut off the head and the body dies. Just one of the many Thoughts for the Day and Litanies of Hate that had been forcibly implanted into his brain, enriching him with their many deep layers of meaning.

Just before he reaches their leader, he abruptly skids to a stop, trying to throw off the man's aim. Just a little too fast and far away to be an easy shot, but just a little too close for the Nurglite bastard to get any momentum behind a counter-charge. And most importantly, just within the whip's reach. Didn't need a solid hit for a neural whip to work; these heretics were tough, but the slightest brush from this weapon was excruciating. Nobody could stand up to it forever.

Activating Sprint and Running to 3m away from the leader.

If I get hit by something with a good chance of killing/crippling me (say, the plasma pistol or chainsword), I'll use Precognitive Dodge at a Push (TN 76) instead of Unfettered (TN 56).

pre:

Sustaining:

Mind Over Matter

Flamer                  20m             ---             1d10+4E         2               6/6     2 Full          Flame, Spray, Untrained
Neural Whip             03m		---		1d10+5R         0               ---     ---             Flexible, Shocking

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

Rodan's winces in pain as his head fills with an unearthly screeching; he can feel warm wetness spreading down his face from his ears. His rhythm thrown off, his whip cracks wide over the cultist's shoulder, not even close enough to make the smug bastard flinch. At least his gun would be temporarily dry after a shot like that.

Toughness TN 40: 94

I think I'm supposed to be marked down as 34m from the building since I ran to 3m from the leader. Aim and Standard Attack with the Neural Whip.

Standard Attack vs 66: 93 zzz

Just Unfettered if he hits me again, I'm done pushing my luck for today.

pre:
IP: 1/2          TB: 3 (5 Legs)

Sustaining:

Mind Over Matter

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Let's let the arbites handle this one, yeah.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

Rodan flicks the pilot light of his flamer on and off several times, watching the ice around the tip melt away and return just as quickly. He didn't feel cold, but every breath resulted in a blast of fog, and he could hear the frost crackling in his armor joints every time he moved. Frankly, he missed the strange reflections. They had been much more fun to watch. But looking at the flame did give him one idea: why not try manipulating the fire directly? He was certain his mind could throw it much farther than this weapon could fire.

The daemonhost was largely irrelevant to him, although the voice seemed interested in its power. Rodan had to admit, the raw psychic force it wielded was... interesting. It would be a pity to just destroy it. But orders were orders, and the Inquisitor wanted to banish the daemon.

"I favor kicking in the front door. A surgical strike, in and out. The faster we can move, the better."

Child of the Warp Flavor of the Day: 3, frost covers everything within 10 meters.

Buying WT (Flame), Manifest Flame, and Fire Bolt. Banking the last 100 xp.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

"For our sake, I hope that imagery was just warp-chatter and not a vision of the future," muttered the voice in his head. Rodan grits his teeth, pushes the alien thoughts back down, and sniffs the air. Clean. This place had been abandoned for a long time. Long enough for other things to move in. What could cause an entire hive to be evacuated? More importantly, was it still a threat?

A tiny white-hot orb of flame bursts to life in his left hand, pushing back the darkness. The faster they got this done, the better. They'd been chasing a means to deal with Banca's passenger for far too long; he'd be glad to be done with it, one way or the other.

Manifest Flame (Fettered) vs 86: 24

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

"Yes. Parlay. Either they get out of our way or we bury them. Win-win."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Rodan 008

Rodan follows them, "tossing" the orb of fire from hand to hand, watching frost vaporize off one gauntlet and reform on the other.

"No games, Cully. No time for that. We put down the monster and move on. Our value is in utility, not showboating."

Let's go spawn wrasslin', how could it possibly go wrong

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

"Do not let them near you. They will tear you in half. You should run, they'll finish off the others and you'll be free. Listen to me for once, you sullen monster, I am trying to keep you alive. Don't let the drat Imperials lobotomize you and use you up. You could be a god if you'd stop slavishly listening t--"

It was right. He still wasn't going to run. Rodan tosses the fire aside, letting it wink out of reality. Little bolts of flame wouldn't cut it. Time to burn some abominations. He raises his flamer and flicks on the pilot light. Under his breath, he mutters "Shut up. They die."

Fear, TN 46: 90

Fear, TN 46 Reroll: 91 thanks orokos :v:

Shock +50: 76, it'd be funny to run the hell away, since I have Sprint, but I'll just bump that back to cannot approach subject of Fear, -10 to all tests.

Initiative: 10, forgot to add QatD

pre:

Maintaining: 

Fire Bolt (+10 WP, Free Action, 15m per PR, 1d10+PR E Bolt, 5+ DoS on a hit lights target on fire.)
Manifest Flame
Mind Over Matter
Warp Vortex (+0 WP, Half Action/Half Action, 25m per PR, ToF pg. 47 or click here)

Flamer                  20m             ---             1d10+4E         2               6/6     2 Full          Flame, Spray

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 2, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I'll take roughly the middle of the bottom side , 10m back from the bottom edge of the green zone.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

Rodan points his flamer at the Painleech and pulls the trigger. The flames pouring out only make it inches from the barrel before they abruptly stop in midair, gathering into a fireball. He grits his teeth as the wards in his skin begin to sting more intensely. The stinging ratchets up into an excruciating burning: a safety mechanism, intended to warn him away when he tries to draw too much power. Once, he would've backed down, but now, now he turns that pain into hate, and he turns that hate into power.

Warp electricity arcs from his frost-covered armor and dances along the floor all around him. When the fire reaches the size of his head and he feels his control on the verge of slipping, he releases the flamer's trigger and flicks the fireball at the spawn in a single coherent bolt that seems to scream in rage as it flies. The fire catches on the beast's vile flesh and soon it is wreathed in flames.

Now for the other. A practiced crushing motion with the fist and a moment's concentration creates a deceptively strong gravitational anomaly next to the Bloodbeast. Unlikely to harm it, but enough to slow it down.

I can't say I love any houserule that would give the giant regenerating thing trying to kill us even more attacks in return for the slim future possibility that one of us grows a third arm and can take advantage of that too, even if it would make more sense.

First, Fire Bolt on Painleech.

Fire Bolt (Push) vs 91 (56 Base +35 PR +10 Focus -10 Fear): 21, and 8 DoS means that the Painleech is now on Fire.

Psychic Phenomena +10: 51, Actinic Discharge, everything within 23 meters crackles with static electricity.

Fire Bolt Damage: 10 15 after replacing my damage die with DoS, and yes, nothing in the rules says I can't do that with a psychic attack. I checked. I figure that if I want to use my flamer as the fire source for my powers, it'd make sense to have to expend a shot every time I do so, just for balance's sake.

Now, Warp Vortex on the Bloodbeast.

Warp Vortex (Unfettered) vs 61 (46 Base +15 PR +10 Focus -10 Fear): 56

A 3m Warp Vortex spawns at the Bloodbeast's feet. It must immediately make a +0 Toughness Test or fall prone and be dragged 2m towards the center; anything reaching the center immediately takes 2d10 Impact damage. Anything in the radius must also pass a +0 Agility test whenever it wishes to move away from the vortex, otherwise it can only remain at the same distance from the center or move closer.

If anything hits me, Push the Precognitive Dodge and don't forget that I'm at -10 to everything from Fear.

pre:

Fire Bolt (+10 WP, Free Action, 15m per PR, 1d10+PR E Bolt, 5+ DoS on a hit lights target on fire.)
Manifest Flame
Mind Over Matter
Warp Vortex (+0 WP, Half Action/Half Action, 25m per PR, ToF pg. 47 or click here)

Flamer                  20m             ---             1d10+4E         2               5/6     2 Full          Flame, Spray

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 12, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

Rodan lowers his flamer in one hand, disgusted. "Worthless."

He should've known better than to think he could avoid getting his hands dirty. No more playing, no more wasting time. Efficiency in murder was the greatest virtue, and he'd allowed himself to forget that. Petty little bursts of fire, ha! As though fire could compare to the raw power of a focused mind. Had he really risked his mental integrity only to make that screeching thing stronger? How stupid it all seemed in hindsight. He'd let the glimmer of flames distract him from the value of raw, crushing force. Never again.

He draws his "sword." It was just a hilt with a tiny shard of psy-reactive crystal embedded in it, useless to anyone but him. He clears his mind, takes a deep breath, and calls up all the raw killing fury he can possibly control. It flows through his arms and into the weapon. An invisible blade shimmers into existence with a crack of vacating air, visible only by the distortion of light passing through it. Not a true force weapon, but as close as he was likely to ever wield. Even now, with his once-focused mind scattered by growing corruption and madness, it would cut like a power blade. Now, that abomination of the Blood God would die by his hand. And then an invisible fist slams into the back of his head, cutting off his thoughts.

He whirls on his heels and his blind rage turns to fear. It was transparent and shimmering like his blade, a silhouette of himself. A telekinetic ghost of self-loathing, speaking with the voice that lurked in his head. Stumbling, seemingly unused to having limbs, it reached out and clumsily grappled him. Its grip was crushing and icy cold. "Your body is mine," it croaked, "Give in to me. You are too broken to take advantage of your power. Only I can wield you to your true potential. Let me help you, Rodan. Let me kill you."

It's soon joined by a thousand other whispering voices from the Warp. Rodan struggles against the iron grip of his own mind and tries to scream, but his voice is dead in his throat.

---------------------

Since Fire is now Officially Worthless against anything even remotely threatening, I hope that after this fight ends you won't mind letting me refund that XP I spent on pyromancy in favor of force bolt.

Rodan is ahead of Tess, so I won't take that Whispers test until after my actions. Push Telekinetic Weapon and half-action move towards the bloodbeast.

Telekinetic Weapon (Push PR 7) vs 71 (36 Base +35 PR +10 Psy-Focus -10 Fear): 40

Psychic Phenomena +10: 63, the Psyker is assailed by unseen horrors. He is slammed to the ground and suffers 1d5 wounds in Damage (ignoring armour, but not Toughness Bonus) and he must test against Fear (2). It doesn't say I'm knocked Prone, so I assume I'll still be able to move if I pass the Fear test.

Furies Damage: 3, soaked by Toughness.

Fear (2) TN 36: 46, which would be an exact success if not for the lingering Fear penalty. The dice continue to mock me.

Shock +20: 23, I'll scale that back to "the character can only take a single Half Action during his next turn." If I can take that penalty this turn and just choose not to move, great, otherwise I guess I'll get over two wasted turns.

Warp Whispers vs 16: 51

Corruption/WP Damage: 4

pre:

46   32  40  36   40   30   41   42    30

Maintaining: Telekinetic Weapon (PR 7)

Manifest Flame
Mind Over Matter

Flamer                  20m             ---             1d10+4E         2               5/6     2 Full          Flame, Spray
Telekinetic Weapon	---		---		1d10+11R	7		---	---		Special*

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 21, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

Breaking free of his darker half's grasp with a burst of adrenaline, Rodan slips his telekinetic blade between himself and the phantom and swipes outward. Cut in half, it unravels, its dying words barely a whisper: "Soon, Rodan, your pain will all be over..."

He whirls back to face the Blood Beast and snarls in disgust. Where had the Inquisitor even gone all this time? Was there even a point in going after that spawn? Surely an Inquisitor and a daemonhost were more than a match for it. Still dizzy, Rodan starts to pick up speed towards the spawn, fully expecting it to be dead by the time he got there.

Half-Action move at the Blood Beast.

pre:

46   32  40  36   40   30   41   42    30

Maintaining: Telekinetic Weapon (PR 7)

Manifest Flame
Mind Over Matter

Telekinetic Weapon	---		---		1d10+11R	7		---	---		Special*

Wargear/Abilities:

Psy-Focus

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

[Do it. Please. My survival is contingent on yours, I have no reason to mislead you! We can work together here. I can leave the killing and controlling your body to you, but I'm the only one here who can form complete sentences. Just let me be the one to talk to them, okay? Give it a trial run. If you ever think I'm trying to take you over, jam a blade through your own head if it'll make you happy. That phantom attacking you earlier wasn't me, you have to believe me!]

And instead of crushing the voice back into his subconscious mind, Rodan takes a few deep breaths... and lets it in. He was, for the first time he could remember, tired of fighting. He measured himself by combat efficiency, and he wasn't winning this fight. Constant struggle with this thing in his head was destroying him piece-by-piece. It had all been so simple before the damned Inquisitor requisitioned his services. Before then, he'd received the mission and performed it. Simple, fast, bloody. But now there was the drat voice, and even worse, the visions and the dreams and the feelings and memories, welling up in his head, always threatening to drown him. He was cursed by self-awareness. So many of his abilities were no longer instinctual, and the parts that were, he never remembered learning. He felt clumsy and amnesic. The gnawing, empty hole where his past had been terrified him. He'd lost something he didn't remember ever having. And if the urge to blindly obey the Inquisitor wasn't him, what else wasn't him? Was there any part of him left? Was the voice the real Rodan, or whoever he had been, and himself nothing but a shard of killing instinct? Xanaroch knew. It had to. Maybe it could pry the voice out of his head, or put him back together. Anything to make it all stop.

Rodan lurks impatiently until Whitehall moves away from the group, then joins Cully, checking to make sure no one else is in earshot. He pries off his helmet and stares, glassy-eyed, at the guardsman. The aquila brands on his face throb and burn angrily. In one hand, he lifts the small book he kept chained at his side as a psy-focus. Charred, crumbling at the corners into flakes of ash. The Imperial Guardsman's Uplifting Primer. He lets the voice speak through him, and words spill out of his mouth in a hoarse whisper, slurred, slow, but comprehensible.

"We were once the same, Cully. They told me that only in death does duty end, but I didn't even get that much mercy. You know I'm not a talker, but I can't let this go on unchallenged anymore. You're right about her. She's already damned. And this is a fool's errand. There's a strong psychic signature up there, but it doesn't feel like more daemonhosts. We'll find nothing but death, corruption, and madness. And if we live, the Inquisitor will just keep throwing us on fool's errands again and again until we don't live. She has the tunnel vision of a traitor who thinks she's a saint. I died once for the Imperium, and I'll die for it again if I have to. But I won't die for a traitor, only against one. Will you stand with me against Whitehall, if... no, when she won't turn back from this path? This is a chance for redemption, for both of us."

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 18, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

Rodan shuffles over to the others, re-securing his helmet after his little chat with Cully. In a way, this was... liberating. Every fiber of his being wanted to hate giving in like this, but it felt like an enormous weight had lifted from his mind now that he'd stopped fighting the voice. He takes a seat on a pew and lets It speak again, staring motionlessly at the floor between his feet.

"Daemons are simple in their own way. You know where you lie. You know they care only for themselves, and you know they will do whatever benefits them. People are not so different in the long run. I do not trust Whitehall anymore. I think she would gladly sacrifice us all if she thought it might cleanse Xanaroch. It is... the nature of justification. Admitting your purpose is wrong is admitting that every sin you committed was unnecessary. She will not turn back, because it would drive her insane to try. And the sinning will get easier and easier. If she does not kill us now, she will kill us eventually. One way or the other."

He looks up, his voice becoming less hoarse, more confident as the voice within becomes used to flesh.

"And how much longer do you think she--or we--will last in Xanaroch's presence? It bleeds corruption, even sealed as it is. When will our flesh begin to match our spirits? What will Whitehall do when she twists, and is no longer welcome in Imperial space? And how do we know she hasn't already? We have to stop this. Here and now. Cully is not wrong. This can be... redemption."

Behind the mask, his mouth grins on his own. But that's okay. Now he only had to think about killing. It was so much simpler this way.

e: It wouldn't be out of the question for someone to notice Rodan has been getting notably more chatty and less openly psychotic recently, if they wanted to.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Dec 29, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

"You should be shocked. When even the broken question you, you've fallen. That's okay. So have we. We've no wish to see you dead..."

Rodan leans forward slightly, his hand drifting unconsciously to his sword's hilt, feet braced against the floor. Ready to charge, if she makes him. He tilts his head upward, as though pretending to gaze up through the hive to their destination.

"But Inquisitor, I cannot lie. I think it's time to stop hesitating. Either kill the daemonhost and seek redemption with us, or look outside the Imperial structure for help, and stop pretending we have any moral high ground to stand on at this point. All I do is kill. Maybe my view of the world is too binary. But no one accomplishes anything with half-measures, unless they're trying to fail."

C'mon, listen to the corrupt heretek living inside your local assassin's head, it'll be fun!

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 3, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

"We could. Ask for him by name, that is. Kick the hive, see what swarms out. Probably a bad idea... but it'd be simple."

Child of the Warp Flavor of the Day: 4, Aura of Taint, animals within 30 meters are spooked and agitated.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

Rodan draws his flamer and fingers the trigger for the pilot light. He whispers from the shadows.

"Fire? Or we could just try to lose 'em. But you know what my vote is."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

Suddenly, Rodan's silhouette is illuminated by the faint glow of the flamer's pilot light. He sweeps it slowly from side to side, an unconscious demonstration of what he desperately wants to be doing

"Hello. I hate waiting. Make your decision before my trigger finger slips."

Assist on the Intimidate test, and I think it'd be appropriate to give us an additional bonus on the test for Rodan revealing he has the drop on them with a flamer. Jolinaxas can assist too.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rodan 008

Wasn't his first time dealing with gravitational anomalies, but he didn't like them any more now than he did then. So far as Rodan was concerned, the only good gravitational shifts were the kind he caused.

"We can scare them off. And if they don't let us through, we go over their corpses."

My vote's on giving the Intimidate and name-drop a try.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Victoria Reddcliffe

"The rites of ignition? I can handle those. I should've mentioned that. Despite appearances, I used to be a cog. And coming from Rogue Trader stock, I was extensively... upgraded, despite being in some pointless dead-end position where I wasn't actually expected to do poo poo."

She lets the utility mechadendrite slither out of one of her sleeves and eyes it with obvious distaste, teeth gritted. It hisses back into hiding just as quickly.

"So I ain't dead weight, is what I'm saying. Isn't that right, Surge?"

The servitor neither confirms nor denies her statement from its place in the corner. Erika grins at it, sharklike.

"He's not a great conversationalist. But that's alright, neither am I. Now, I'm not really a member of your crew and I only have a vague idea of what you're up to, not that I really care. So it ain't my place to tell you what to do. But personally speaking, I've gotten a little tired of skulking around this place. It's been too long since I took out my frustrations on somebody. I propose we work on getting the crew together, then once that's done, some of you go rip Markas from the noose or the jail, whatever's easier, and in the meantime you send me and whoever you can spare to go kill our way onto that ship and get her started. Coordinating it all might be a bit of a pain, but we do it right and they'll be knocked off balance by the simultaneous action. But hey, that's just my suggestion. I'll do whatever you decide, you didn't get this far by being idiots. As for the first part, getting the crew together, well, I'll leave most of that up to you. I got more in common with Surge these days than I do with people, like it or not. You hear me, Surge?"

The servitor remains silent on the matter.

pre:
Name: Victoria Reddcliffe
Alignment: Unaligned 
Archetype: Heretek
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Wrath
Motivation: Vengeance

WS:  41 (16)
BS:  33 (8)
S:   35 (10)
T:   36 (11)
Agi: 40 (15)
Int: 46 (16 +5 Archetype)
Per: 41 (16 +5 Disgrace -5 Motivation)
WP:  32 (12 -3 Pride -2 Disgrace)
Fel: 33 (8)

Wounds: 17 (-1 Disgrace +2 Motivation)
Infamy: 31 (26 +5)
IP: 3/3
CP: 12

Skills:

Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperium, Tech, War)
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Warp)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry)
Tech-Use +10
Trade (Armourer)

Talents:

Armour-Monger
Die Hard
Double Team
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Mechadendrite Training (Utility, Weapon)
Meditation
Minion of Chaos
Sprint
Technical Knock
Weapon-Tech
Weapon Training (Las, Primary, Shock, Power)

Traits/Mutations/Other:

The Quick and the Dead: +2 to Initiative Rolls

Mechanicus Implants
Binary Chatter
Machine (4)
Unnatural Intelligence (2)

Gear:

BC Lascarbine
Power Axe
Light Carapace Armour
Unholy Unguents
Combi-Tool
Dataslate
Utility Mechadendrite
Maglev Coils
GC Cerebral Implants
BC Mechanicus Assimilation (4)
Medicae Mechadendrite
Dendrite Blades (4)
BC Bionic Legs

Acquisitions:

BC Mechanicus Assimilation x4 (-10 Rare -20 Best +0 Minor +20 Wealth)
Medicae Mechadendrite (-20 Very Rare +10 Single)
Dendrite Blades x4 (-10 Rare +0 Minor)
BC Bionic Legs

XP/Inf/CP Log:

XP		2100/2100

Mechadendrite Training (Weapon)-500 (U)
Infamy +5-500                       (U)
Minion of Chaos-250                 (U)
Double Team-250                     (U)
Weapon-Tech-250                     (U)
Dodge +10-350                       (S)
pre:
Name: Surge (Upgraded Combat Servitor)

WS:  36 (16 +5)
BS:  18 (8 -5)
S:   31 (16)
T:   31 (16)
Agi: 30 (15)
Int: 25 (10)
Per: 26 (11)
WP:  27 (12)
Fel: 18 (8 -5)

Wounds: 12
Loyalty: 43

Skills:

Athletics
Awareness
Dodge +10
Parry +10

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Double Team
Counter Attack
Crippling Strike
Flesh Render
Furious Assault
Weapon Training (Chain)

Traits/Mutations/Other:

Brutal Charge (4)
Machine (4)
Multiple Arms (3)
Unnatural Strength (3)
Unnatural Toughness (3)

Gear:

Chain Greatsword w/ Venom Drip
Chainsword w/ Duellist's Grip, Mono
Light Carapace Armor

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 6, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Victoria Reddcliffe

Something occurs to her; Victoria grins devilishly and speaks up.

"No questions about the operation. Cully and I will take good care of your daem--ah, your Interrogator. But there is one thing: scratch what I said earlier. I think I actually can work on getting that crew. I've been here for a while, built up a bit of a... reputation. Don't give me that look, it's a good one so far as the locals are concerned. I let a few rumors slip to the right people, let them know that I've made powerful friends who are interested in getting that ship running again and who need a crew to do it. There'll be an obvious implication of great reward, seeing as I'm already known as someone who gets things done and isn't hesitant about throwing wealth around. One of you come along, I'll make more an impact if I have one of my new, powerful 'friends' along for the ride."

Victoria sets off into the streets, Surge in tow, looking for a few of the contacts she'd made on Footfall in the past few months of being stuck here. Call in a few favors, bend the truth a little, and with any luck at all they'd get a competent crew going. In particular she was going to make sure word made it to as many of the Rogue Trader's dispossessed original crew as possible: they had a chance to get their old jobs back. If, of course, they had the courage to seize this opportunity.

Infamy vs 41 (31 +10 Assist): 64, alright, there'll probably be (at the very least) some minor issues, but I assume a crew gathered by force of reputation will be better anyway, if only because promises of wealth or raw demagoguery would be more likely to .draw in idiots who won't be interested in the idea of long-term rewards.

Anyway yeah, those teams look like what I had in mind.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Victoria Reddcliffe

Victoria scans the scouting reports during one of her rare breaks, scowling. Things were not going as smoothly as she liked and it was only making her more eager to crack a few skulls.

"Hmm, good defensive positions, 12 men, and a heavy weapon emplacement, all covering a single route of attack. That'll be sticky. Wish I had a missile launcher, that'd be a laugh riot. Or smoke grenades, choke gas, hallucinogens..."

She glances at Xanaroch.

"Can you fly? If we could find a way to get you behind them so they'd be pincered between us, that's probably our best bet. Well, look at the time. I've got another meeting. Wish me luck, the idiots around here don't know opportunity when they see it and it's taking a lot longer to get this crew together than I'd hoped."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Victoria Reddcliffe

Initiative (Victoria, Surge): 9, 7

"Shame about your chauffeur or whoever that creep in the driver's seat was, but at least they're taking us seriously," she says to no one particular. She was already flicking the lascarbine to overload, her dendrite blades hissing and dancing through the air around her like razor-fanged eels. "I'd be insulted if it was just a bloody Space Marine. Surge and I can take the arco-flagellant. Let me just get his attention..."

Victoria leans out of cover and snaps off a quick shot at the flagellant's face, or what was left of it. Right on cue, Surge clanks past past and rounds cover, chain weapons growling almost as loudly as he is. He bounds a few meters ahead on clawed legs, zig-zagging wildly and ducking to throw off incoming fire as he moves for the next piece of debris large enough to conceal him.

Victoria half-action aims and takes a single shot at the Arco-Flagellant. Surge will half-action move 3m towards the arco-flagellant, moving into cover and taking a Guarded Action to add +10 to any Evasion test.

Standard Attack on Arco-Flagellant vs 53 (33 +10 Half-Action Aim +10 Standard Attack): 40

If it fails to dodge:

Damage (Pen 2 Overload): 15, ZH to the Head!

ZH Energy to the Head: 3 "The attack cooks off the target’s ear, leaving him with a partially burned stump of cartilage and deafened until he receives first aid or waits for 1d5 hours."

Of course, I'm pretty sure that active A-F's are immune to any critical effect that doesn't dismember or kill them outright, and even if he is Deafened he'll already have received his kill-command since Hearth goes first, but hey, at least I probably hurt him pretty badly.

pre:
WS  BS  S   T   Ag  Int Per WP  Fel  
41  33  35  36  40  46  41  32  33
                   +2
Wounds: 17/17   Infamy: 3/3  Initiative: 1d10+6
Half Move: 4 Full Move: 8[12] Charge: 12 Run: 24 Sprint: 48
SB: 3  TB: 3
Armour: 4 Head, 11 Rest
Awareness: 21 (Untrained)
Dodge: 50
Parry: 21 (Untrained)

Weapons: (Currently selected weapons are in BOLD)
Lascarbine 75m S/2/- 1d10+3 E Pen: 0 Clip: 56/60 Rld: Half Special: Reliable, BC, Variable Settings
Power Axe  --- ----- 1d10+10E Pen: 6       -----      ----          Power Field, Unbalanced
Dendrite Blades      1d10+7 R Pen: 3                                Flexible, Razor Sharp, Bionic                          

*SB and other bonuses already added.

Noteworthy Bionics
Dendrite Blades: Melee attacks against me suffer a -30 penalty.  If an enemy fails the WS test to attack me by 3+ DoF,
he takes an automatic hit from the Dendrite Blades, plus one for every DoF beyond 3 (up to 4 total hits).
BC Bionic Legs: +20 to Athletics to leap/jump, Sprint talent
BC Mechanicus Assimilation: No concrete gameplay effect, but her Machine trait is not obvious.

Noteworthy Talents

Armor-Monger: add 2 AP to all armored locations as long as she's had an hour that day to maintain it.
Die Hard: roll twice to avoid death by Blood Loss.
Double Team: Additional +10 when Ganging Up; additional +20 instead if any other allies in melee have this Talent.
Technical Knock: half-action Unjam.
Weapon Tech: Once per combat as a Free Action, can add Int Bonus to the damage and pen of her Power Axe until the end of a round. 

Traits
Machine (4): Doesn't breathe, immune to vacuum, cold, and mind-influencing psychic effects, applies Machine armor towards fire damage.
pre:
Surge, Upgraded Combat Servitor
36  18  31  31  30  25  26  27  18
       +3  +3
Wounds: 12/12  Loyalty: 43  Initiative: 1d10+3
Half Move: 3 Full Move: 6 Charge: 9 Run: 18
SB: 6  TB: 6
Armour: 4 Head, 9 Rest
Awareness: 26
Parry: 36/61 (Greatsword/Chainsword)

Chain Greatsword     2d10+8 R Pen: 3 Special: Unbalanced, Tearing, Toxic (0)
Chainsword           1d10+8 R Pen: 4          Balanced, Duelist's Grip, Mono

Noteworthy Talents
Ambidextrous: No offhand penalties.
Counter Attack: On a successful parry, can immediately make a single attack with the parrying weapon at -20 WS.
Crippling Strike: Add +2 to any Critical Damage he inflicts in melee.
Double Team: Additional +10 WS when Ganging Up; additional +20 instead if any other allies in melee have this Talent.
Flesh Render: Roll 2 extra dice for Tearing melee weapon damage and drop the lowest 2 results.
Furious Assault: If he hits with an All-Out Attack, he can spend his reaction to make another All-Out Attack with the same modifiers.

Traits
Brutal Charge (4): Adds 4 damage to any of his attacks made during a round in which he charges.
Machine (4): Doesn't breathe, immune to vacuum, cold, and mind-influencing psychic effects, applies Machine armor towards fire damage.
Multiple Arms (3)
Unnatural Strength (3)
Unnatural Toughness (3)

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 22, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Victoria Reddcliffe

Victoria shakes her head, grinning. If Whitehall really thought she was going to talk a proper Inquisitor into aiding and abetting the escape of someone with a pet daemon, she was even crazier than she looked. Puritans like this Hearth woman only understood force. Victoria admired that, in a way.

"I'm not feeling nearly so kind, Inquisitor Hearth! If you're still standing around when I finish taking apart your pet, I'm coming for you next!"

She rounds cover and charges straight for the engaged arco-flagellant, dendrites whirring; Surge follows her lead from his own position a second later. She'd customized him extensively: the back-mounted swiveling third arm with a parrying chainsword and an oversized two-handed chainblade that spat sizzling poison as it revved were the most obvious changes to his frame, but she'd also rebuilt him from the ground up to be stronger, tougher, and faster than any standard servitor. His entire fighting style was custom-designed to complement her own. Servitors like this weren't normally seen outside of the Skitarii, and for good reason. No loyal Admech priest would want the greater Imperium to see the kind of secret technology they kept for themselves. Luckily, Victoria was far from loyal.

Charging the Arco-Flagellant with a Dendrite Blade.

Charge vs 71 61: 35 (41 +20 Charge +10 Double Team), we decided just after this roll that Combat Master does block Double Team. That's still 3 DoS, so Razor Sharp triggers.

Damage Pen 6 (Razor Sharp): 8 11 after substituting DoS.

Minion Charge vs 56: 7

Damage Pen 3 (Tearing, Flesh Render, Toxic (0)): 4d10k2+8+4 27 damage with Brutal Charge and a +0 Toughness test to avoid 1d10E Toxic damage. If this inflicts critical damage, he inflicts +2 damage from Crippling Strike.

pre:
                   +2
Wounds: 17/17   Infamy: 3/3  Initiative: 1d10+6

Lascarbine 75m S/2/- 1d10+3 E Pen: 0 Clip: 56/60 Rld: Half Special: Reliable, BC, Variable Settings
Power Axe  --- ----- 1d10+10E Pen: 6       -----      ----          Power Field, Unbalanced
Dendrite Blades      1d10+7 R Pen: 3                                Flexible, Razor Sharp, Bionic                          

Noteworthy Bionics
Dendrite Blades: Melee attacks against me suffer a -30 penalty.  If an enemy fails the WS test to attack me by 3+ DoF,
he takes an automatic hit from the Dendrite Blades, plus one for every DoF beyond 3 (up to 4 total hits).
BC Mechanicus Assimilation: No concrete gameplay effect, but her Machine trait is not obvious.

Noteworthy Talents

Armor-Monger: add 2 AP to all armored locations as long as she's had an hour that day to maintain it.
Double Team: Additional +10 when Ganging Up; additional +20 instead if any other allies in melee have this Talent.
Weapon Tech: Once per combat as a Free Action, can add Int Bonus to the damage and pen of her Power Axe until the end of a round. 

Traits
pre:
       +3  +3

Noteworthy Talents
Counter Attack: On a successful parry, can immediately make a single attack with the parrying weapon at -20 WS.
Double Team: Additional +10 WS when Ganging Up; additional +20 instead if any other allies in melee have this Talent.
Flesh Render: Roll 2 extra dice for Tearing melee weapon damage and drop the lowest 2 results.
Furious Assault: If he hits with an All-Out Attack, he can spend his reaction to make another All-Out Attack with the same modifiers.

Traits
Brutal Charge (4): Adds 4 damage to any of his attacks made during a round in which he charges.
Multiple Arms (3)
Unnatural Strength (3)
Unnatural Toughness (3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Victoria Reddcliffe

Charge cut short by the sudden shockwave, Victoria slams face-first to the ground with a cry of surprise and anger. A half-second later, she pushes herself back up into a standing position and turns back towards Xanaroch with hate in her eyes. She passes the lascarbine to her left hand and draws the power axe from her back, pointing it at the daemonhost.

"What the HELL are you doing?! Why are they even keeping you around if all you do is create prob--"

She glances back at Whitehall as soon as she hears the first crunching sound.

"Oh, poo poo. You've gotta be kidding me, Whitehall. Did you order your drat rosette from the back of a catalogue? I guess I just have to do everything around here."

Erika resumes her charge, this time swinging a power axe for the arco-flagellant's head. She wasn't leaving without killing this thing. It was a matter of pride. Whether or not she felt like she could bow out of killing the Inquisitor remained to be seen... but she really wanted to have an authentic rosette from a real, proper Inquisitor. As opposed to whatever fly-by-night Inquisitorial academy had produced the waste of space currently pooling around her ankles.

Last round: half-action to stand up, half-action to draw the Power Axe.

This round: Charge the Arco-Flagellant. I'm basing my math on the admittedly middling chance that my minion isn't already dead, since the AF goes before me.

Charge vs 81 (41 +20 Charge +20 Double Team): 87

Charge vs 81 Reroll: 100 yeah okay be that way

Assuming he's still alive, Surge will All-Out Attack and Furious Assault if he lands it.

All-Out Attack vs 86 (36 +30 AOA +20 Double Team): 29

Furious Assault vs 86: 64

#1 Damage Pen 3 (Tearing, Flesh Render, Toxic (0)): 15

#2 Damage: 22

pre:
                   +2
Wounds: 17/17   Infamy: 2/3  Initiative: 1d10+6

Lascarbine 75m S/2/- 1d10+3 E Pen: 0 Clip: 56/60 Rld: Half Special: Reliable, BC, Variable Settings, Offhand

Noteworthy Bionics

Noteworthy Talents

Traits
pre:
       +3  +3

Noteworthy Talents

Traits
Multiple Arms (3)
Unnatural Strength (3)
Unnatural Toughness (3)

• Locked thread