Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I can never tell the difference between a hot dog and a Polish dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
i went peepee on some poopoo

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Keg posted:

Polish dogs give you the shits.

haximus prime
Nov 23, 2007
buttes

Keg posted:

The polish dog is the one I gave to your mother last night. In bed. We ate the hot dog while sitting in bed together.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

haximus prime posted:

The polish dog is the one I gave to your mother last night. In bed. We ate the hot dog while sitting in bed together.

LOL!!!!!!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Literally just bought some boxer briefs at Costco, they're v comfortable and for some reason Costco is the only place on earth where you can buy a pack of underpants that are all black instead of a variety of colors

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Aralan posted:

Literally just bought some boxer briefs at Costco, they're v comfortable and for some reason Costco is the only place on earth where you can buy a pack of underpants that are all black instead of a variety of colors

Got some of those last week there and they are comfy if a bit oversized. I got mediums and they run more on the large side.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Kirkland liquor and wine is incredible. To fool friends, I use Kirkland Signature Vodka to refill my empty Grey Goose bottle. It's made in the same region and uses the same distillation as Grey Goose.. Also, I only fool myself since I don't have friends.

Also their kirkland dog food is the best.

But don't get a Costco membership unless you are Richie Rich, because those fuckers psychically know exactly what I want and I end up buying like 4 times my budget. But since I have a primo membership I get 2% cash back!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I bought Kirkland protein bars online because I'm not going to Costco on a Sunday for one item.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Costco pepperoni pizza is better than all their other food offerings and it isn't even close.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Costco pepperoni pizza is better than all their other food offerings and it isn't even close.

I dunno. I can handle a piece or two but I'm not a huge fan. $1.50 dog/drink for me.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I bought some Kirkland aspirin and rogaine.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I bought some Kirkland aspirin and rogaine.

Anyone else put rogaine down there? It's given me some impressive results

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

haximus prime posted:

I can never decide between the hot dog or the chicken bakes. The churros are always a good choice as well.

the correct answer is combo pizza

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Kazak_Hstan posted:

My work buys costco pizza for us worker bees every friday. It's awesome, I can polish off 5 slices within 2 hours.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

Got some of those last week there and they are comfy if a bit oversized. I got mediums and they run more on the large side.

Maybe they were accounting for an average amount of girth that you lack significantly.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I am getting kirkland brand ibuprofen in the mail today from amazon. And I'm not even a costco member. :grin:

My parents got a giant tv at costco last year, worked out well for them.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Seriously get the Italian sausage

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Maybe they were accounting for an average amount of girth that you lack significantly.

Yeah, I actually believed the waist size on the package. But forgot it was American waist sizings. I do lack the average tubbiness

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I went to a costco with hamburgers and french fries in the food court and they were both pretty good

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

I am getting kirkland brand ibuprofen in the mail today from amazon. And I'm not even a costco member. :grin:

My parents got a giant tv at costco last year, worked out well for them.

You can actually buy alcohol and use the Pharmacy without a membership. It's some legal thing. If you live in one of those states where the alcohol section is in a small adjacent store you can shop there without a membership.

Edit: you can also buy alcohol in a regular costco without a membership, but be prepared for a whole awkward process.

Falun Bong Refugee fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 26, 2016

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

Yeah, I actually believed the waist size on the package. But forgot it was American waist sizings. I do lack the average tubbiness

Quite the deft deflection. It wasn't awkward and forced at all.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That's KoB for ya!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Well my op did originally have an "I appreciate it" line in it but that seemed gauche. Consider me schooled friend.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
last time i went to costco i bought some gas and watched two old men hit eachothers cars and not notice and drive off

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Chinatown posted:

last time i went to costco i bought some gas and watched two old men hit eachothers cars and not notice and drive off

I read this as "watched two old men hit on each other and not notice and drive off" and that sounds like a much better story.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Edgar posted:

My work buys costco pizza for us worker bees every friday. It's awesome, I can polish off 5 slices within 2 hours.

Wow amateur, 2 hrs??

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Not going today, but I did get a sweet stainless steel vacuum sealing growler for $28 last time I was there.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

jeff smisek posted:

Wow amateur, 2 hrs??

yeah I have to fit work inbetween bites and talking warhammer/starwares with the nerds.

next time i'm at costco, should I get the large pack of breakfast sausage paddies or the monster pack of those fruit sherbets?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Oh yeah, in cae you guys didn't know Costco actually offers car insurance too. It's super loving cheap too (at least for me) and the dumb bitch at GEICO didn't even bother trying to give me that bullshit about new policy rates when I called to cancel.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure the quality of Costco merch is on the decline. The stuff they sell feels like factory 2nds compared to the normal, name brand items. The Kleenex I buy at at the normal market is nicer than the Kleenex I buy at Costco. I know the electronics they sell are all lower quality, but it's creeping into the normal stuff too.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Infidel Castro posted:

Oh yeah, in cae you guys didn't know Costco actually offers car insurance too. It's super loving cheap too (at least for me) and the dumb bitch at GEICO didn't even bother trying to give me that bullshit about new policy rates when I called to cancel.

Does anyone know if vehicular homicide raises your insurance rates? What about jist attempted homicide? Asking for a friend

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

tenspott posted:

I'm pretty sure the quality of Costco merch is on the decline. The stuff they sell feels like factory 2nds compared to the normal, name brand items. The Kleenex I buy at at the normal market is nicer than the Kleenex I buy at Costco. I know the electronics they sell are all lower quality, but it's creeping into the normal stuff too.

nah

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

tenspott posted:

Take it back you son of a bitch! The $17000 bottle of scotch I bought is just as good as what I'd get in town!!! God drat it!!!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

King of Bees posted:

Take it back you son of a bitch! The $17000 bottle of scotch I bought is just as good as what I'd get in town!!! God drat it!!!

And nooone needs to know I bought it for a bargain at Costco 😁

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Demonachizer posted:

I am in Italy vacationing for a while and they don't have costcos here but when I get back I am going to buy a giant thing of seaweed crisps and a whole peeled side muscle on tenderloin.

where in italy? I miss italy, it was fun as hell

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Demonachizer posted:

I am in Italy vacationing for a while and they don't have costcos here but when I get back I am going to buy a giant thing of seaweed crisps and a whole peeled side muscle on tenderloin.

Bloo. Get the whole thing. It's cheaper and you get the chain for cheesesteaks or ground beef or stewmeat or stir fry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonig tomorrow. Will be filling up my truck's 36 gallon gas tank with 34 gallons of gas for 30 cents less than what the station around them sells it for. Will also be getting 4 or 6 $10.50 movie tickets for $8 each. Milk. Probably a big bag of potatoes. Maybe some of the really excellent prime NY strips, just barely worth it at $12/pound.

Also I use my vacuum sealer all summer as the garden stuff comes in faster than I can eat it. Last year I had about 10 bags of different types of peppers that we ate all winter long. Also 4 big bags of homemade jalepeno poppers, vacuum sealed. Also tried sealing/freezing some apples off my tree, but TBH when they thawed they turned brown and limp. Don't recommend apples.

• Locked thread