Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

GORDON posted:

I'm gonig tomorrow. Will be filling up my truck's 36 gallon gas tank with 34 gallons of gas for 30 cents less than what the station around them sells it for. Will also be getting 4 or 6 $10.50 movie tickets for $8 each. Milk. Probably a big bag of potatoes. Maybe some of the really excellent prime NY strips, just barely worth it at $12/pound.

Also I use my vacuum sealer all summer as the garden stuff comes in faster than I can eat it. Last year I had about 10 bags of different types of peppers that we ate all winter long. Also 4 big bags of homemade jalepeno poppers, vacuum sealed. Also tried sealing/freezing some apples off my tree, but TBH when they thawed they turned brown and limp. Don't recommend apples.

I love my vacuum sealer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Xaris posted:

where in italy? I miss italy, it was fun as hell

Was on my farm in Abruzzo for a week then in the Val d'Orcia south of Florence for a week, now in Florence for a week, next to Rome for a week, then to Costco.

King of Bees posted:

Bloo. Get the whole thing. It's cheaper and you get the chain for cheesesteaks or ground beef or stewmeat or stir fry.

I thought PSMO was the one that you process yourself? Whatever that is, I get and yeah I love the chain (not as much as the D).

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

tenspott posted:

I'm pretty sure the quality of Costco merch is on the decline. The stuff they sell feels like factory 2nds compared to the normal, name brand items. The Kleenex I buy at at the normal market is nicer than the Kleenex I buy at Costco. I know the electronics they sell are all lower quality, but it's creeping into the normal stuff too.

I think this sometimes and then I remember you can return things to Costco without the employees giving you poo poo.

About the only thing about Costco I have an issue with is the fact that the ones by me get their milk from Ohio when I live in loving Wisconsin.

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
1.50 hot dog + drink

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Trip Report: Went and filled up my car and got a dog + drink. 5/5 will return.

naem
May 29, 2011

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Also a year's worth of Zyrtec generic is $14 at costco, 10 tabs of that poo poo for the same price at Walgreens.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Dely Apple posted:

Also a year's worth of Zyrtec generic is $14 at costco, 10 tabs of that poo poo for the same price at Walgreens.

as an everyday zyrtec dude, just buying one bottle of costco zyrtec pays for my membership and then some

goood poo poo

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Is the medicine even cheaper in store than on amazon?

Like I said earlier, I just got 1000 iburprofens for $14, crazy if it's even cheaper in the store!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

Is the medicine even cheaper in store than on amazon?

Like I said earlier, I just got 1000 iburprofens for $14, crazy if it's even cheaper in the store!

"goodsense" brand zyrtec is 16 bucks for a years supply on the amazon

I get my years supply at costco for 10 bucks when it's on sale :c00l:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

GBS is sponsored by Zyrtec and Chicken Bakes, for full disclosure.

s0j
May 17, 2003

get fucked, round-eye

Stuff posted:

1.50 hot dog + drink

that combo has been $1.50 for like 20 years now how do they do it

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

s0j posted:

Loss leading. Same with the chickens.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Loss leading. Same with the chickens.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the food court makes literall no money, and probably loses some. Gas might honestly be a zero-sum game as well.

They get you with the membership fees and the fancy poo poo.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Slothgate posted:

Also their kirkland dog food is the best.

we get their beef dry food and they make my tinydog's poops have the heft of a labrador like it makes no sense his butthole just shouldn't be that large

also v meaty just like my dad's bathroom A+ would recommend

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure the food court makes literall no money, and probably loses some. Gas might honestly be a zero-sum game as well.

They get you with the membership fees and the fancy poo poo.
if you go there weekly and just don't buy anything and get a free lunch from samples that alone is worth the membership fees

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Keg posted:

I can never tell the difference between a hot dog and a Polish dog.

I'm here to help you out with the doggy confusion, Keg. Often if the differences between things is shown using visual reminders, people are more likely to store the info in their memory banks, and no longer have said confusion when next seeing whatever the thing in question may be.

Okay, in the below pic, this one is a hot dog...

Whereas this one, in the next below pic, is what's commonly referred to in the industry as a polish dog...

As the differences are quite straightforward and clear, I'm pretty sure that, in future, you'll have no trouble at all distinguishing between the two.

And, yes, in advance, you're quite welcome. No worries at all, it' just part of Gibbis' Summertime service to members. :D

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they make my tinydog's poops have the heft of a labrador like it makes no sense his butthole just shouldn't be that large

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

No ring

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm just going there to eat the samples.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

s0j posted:

The ceo refused to raise the price, it was one of his things

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
A friend spent weeks bragging to me about the 50lbs of frozen chicken patties he bought at Costco

Idk I think that's weird af

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

One of the huge salmon fillets to toss on the smoker.
A package of Aussie Bites and premier protein drinks for work.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

That plane is pretty darned intact for having crashed into a building.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cartouche posted:

It was parked on the roof until the roof gave way

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I just realized there is a costco 10 min drive away. Do you need the membership to just get in? Can you get a trial membership?

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

awww yeah bby let's get it the gently caress ON

*spends 20 minutes rummaging through plastic container looking for x-small condom*

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I do my grocery shopping at the local shoppers drug Mart. Their prices are outrageous but they have great sales. you just have to keep an eye on the weekly flier

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I just realized there is a costco 10 min drive away. Do you need the membership to just get in? Can you get a trial membership?

They don't let people with those kind of shoes in.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

OctoberBlues posted:

They don't let people with those kind of shoes in.

i am gonna wear the same shoes so we shall see

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Hey, good to see you out for a brief moment of freedom, Bees. TTJackOff I think will be asleep about now. So, if you're lucky, you might have the next 6-7 hours free before he's eating brekky and dragging you back to prison. :D

'Coz if you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it

Gamer With Dignity posted:

I'm just going there to eat the samples.

Cartouche posted:

Jet fuel can't melt steel jets!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pittsburgh has three Costcos.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Can I use my parent's costco membership like I use their amazon prime and cable login information?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm at Costco rn looking at a 32oz jar of capers

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
mfw someone mentions costco hot dogs

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I'm at Costco rn looking at a 32oz jar of capers

Buy the capers

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

deadwing posted:

Buy the capers

This is a trip for me to decide if I want a membership or not.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

This is a trip for me to decide if I want a membership or not.

Can you please take pics? My day is going to be boring, I need this more than you will ever know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

OctoberBlues posted:

Can you please take pics? My day is going to be boring, I need this more than you will ever know.

Of course

• Locked thread