Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What is Paludan even protesting today? "Please stop trying to be aware that racism exists, this hurts my brand?"

I don't think he's revised his material in light of current events. He's touring with the same show as last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Think he's back to burning books?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

He was going to burn a Qur'an and told the already visibly agitated guy that Muhammad was a pedophile. Then the guy produced a knife. They shot him in the leg after bystanders informed them he was mentally ill. Guess they don't have tasers.

Just a matter of time before that brain-damaged shithead gets somebody killed.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

TV2 posted:

- Jeg blev da noget ked af det. Det er da trist. Han fik sørget for, at jeg ikke kunne holde demonstrationen, siger Rasmus Paludan.

Poor little guy.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

And of course the usual suspects already have statements out calling Gellerup a no-go zone, blaming Islam, so-called parallel societies, brown people who refuse to bend the knee, the fact that some people could even dare to own a knife, and so on and so forth.

They are absolutely goddamn shameless in their attempts to twist this for political gain.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 5, 2020

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Nice piece of fish posted:

In Alta that's a massive improvement honestly

If that had been Sweden some of those home owners would probably have been fine with it. Because they couldn't have afforded the tax increase of living so close to the sea anyway.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The demonstrations in Norway have been peaceful so far, good to see.
I figured with all the bored teenagers in Oslo-east living in often difficult home situations (mde worse by covid) that there would be violence.
But i am glad to have been proved wrong.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Naser Khader has discovered Candace Owens and of course he's in looove. :lol:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/tihesuryoye/status/1269030586192183296?s=21

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010

Baudolino posted:

The demonstrations in Norway have been peaceful so far, good to see.
I figured with all the bored teenagers in Oslo-east living in often difficult home situations (mde worse by covid) that there would be violence.
But i am glad to have been proved wrong.

You could cue Helgheim criticizing them though, and them asking for all of them to be forced into quarantine.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

15,000 protested for BLM ANTIFA supersoldiers laid waste to Copenhagen today. RIP.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 7, 2020

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010
https://www.nrk.no/tromsogfinnmark/forsvarer-omstridt-facebook-post_---det-finnes-kanskje-rasister-i-norge-1.15044148

Another Frp-tard comes out to say there's basically no racism in Norway. The comments on the article are really just horrendously scary, same on his FB page.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

There was an interview with a Danish cop in Berlingske, he assured people that there's absolutely no racism on the force. He's a member of NB, a party that supports ethnic cleansing, whose leader calls people "perker" on national television.

Also they're already blaming the next wave of COVID-19 on the protesters despite opening up everything.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

abske_fides posted:

https://www.nrk.no/tromsogfinnmark/forsvarer-omstridt-facebook-post_---det-finnes-kanskje-rasister-i-norge-1.15044148

Another Frp-tard comes out to say there's basically no racism in Norway. The comments on the article are really just horrendously scary, same on his FB page.
Eugene Obiora was killed by the cops, but sure, police brutaly is unthinkable In Norway.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z83DWJIYG0I

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Eugene Obiora was killed by the cops, but sure, police brutaly is unthinkable In Norway.

And of course it's impossible that anyone would ever say things like "pell deg ut av landet vårt" or discriminate. Especially not Amundsen himself
such as wanting to cut barnetrygda og non-ethnic Norwegians. I don't think he listened very much in history classes or cares about the Sami much either.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

SplitSoul posted:

There was an interview with a Danish cop in Berlingske, he assured people that there's absolutely no racism on the force. He's a member of NB, a party that supports ethnic cleansing, whose leader calls people "perker" on national television.

gently caress journalists so much. Like, how hard is it to ask the cop who claims cops are not racists, if he could be wrong, since he is a member of a political party literally everyone knows is super racist! NBs two main things is being racist and libertarian (but I repeat myself). It's their whole thing.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Well except us finnish swedes, there it's the reverse.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You have to work half as far to get twice as hard?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Great avatar / post combo!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You have to work half as far to get twice as hard?

Tell that to my Finnish boyfriend

Wai-

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Well, at least he's honest.

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010
I mean he is correct, but not exactly because of how he's thinking it. Frp never fail to impress me with their utter studity.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

abske_fides posted:

I mean he is correct, but not exactly because of how he's thinking it. Frp never fail to impress me with their utter studity.
FRP: Stud Party

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010
And they're now saying they're sorry about putting that out of Facebook: https://www.nrk.no/innlandet/studieleder-i-frp_-_jeg-er-rasist_-1.15045255

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
So the swedish media is idolizing this good minority who stopped a bunch of bad minorities from doing property damage. Unlike a lot of goons I don't think property damage only affects landlords and insurance companies but even peaceful protests will actually kill people in a pandemic so this seems like decorum idiocy at best. I'm sure it plays well with racists and capital though.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
It's honestly kind of eye opening just how coordinated and pervasive the effort to spin, "libwash" and diffuse any radical energy from the protests are. The mainstream media, countless social media accounts, politicians and underhanded psyops all seem to be playing the same tune. If the American police was actually capable of showing some restraint this would have died down long ago I think.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/AsmundAukrust/status/1269956456725479425
"What if 15 000 feral hogs gathered in front of parliament?!"

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

thotsky posted:

It's honestly kind of eye opening just how coordinated and pervasive the effort to spin, "libwash" and diffuse any radical energy from the protests are. The mainstream media, countless social media accounts, politicians and underhanded psyops all seem to be playing the same tune. If the American police was actually capable of showing some restraint this would have died down long ago I think.

Tale as old as time, even here. Once the established media picks a narrative it takes so much to get out of the pigeonhole that those descriptions morph into.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

abske_fides posted:

SKATT PÅ EIENDOM? MEN TENK PÅ DE STAKKARS ENKENE MED 15 MILLIONERS VILLA!

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Norway`s attorny general is now on record for recommending de-criminalization of posession of user dosages of drugs. That`s a good sign that is starting become a mainstream opinion. Krf will never allow this goverment to implement decriminalization, but maybe in the next parlamentary period something will eventually change.
This ties into the BLM debate too; if we had total leglization the police would`nt need be to so active in minority-majority areas. Even decrim could allow the police to step off those areas a little.
bit.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Baudolino posted:

Norway`s attorny general is now on record for recommending de-criminalization of posession of user dosages of drugs. That`s a good sign that is starting become a mainstream opinion. Krf will never allow this goverment to implement decriminalization, but maybe in the next parlamentary period something will eventually change.
This ties into the BLM debate too; if we had total leglization the police would`nt need be to so active in minority-majority areas. Even decrim could allow the police to step off those areas a little.
bit.
Possession of all drugs decriminalized, except for residents of ghetto areas "to combat gang activity".

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Rincewinds posted:

SKATT PÅ EIENDOM? MEN TENK PÅ DE STAKKARS ENKENE MED 15 MILLIONERS VILLA!

Svensk politik ad verbatim. "stackars pensionärer som bor i ett hus utan lån värderat till 10msek! De måste flytta pga skatten!!!!"

-eller ta ut ett lån och leva som kungar tills de dör?

Fastighetsskatt är en av de bästa skatter som finns. Extremt träffsäker, inte alls regressiv; enda problemet är att det är de rika som beskattas.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Tale as old as time, even here. Once the established media picks a narrative it takes so much to get out of the pigeonhole that those descriptions morph into.

Well, if each occasion hadn't ended with Avenyen getting thrashed I would consider this. Especially since Gothenburg 2001 was peak middle class white kids.
Also, the same thing didn't happen in Malmö which was relatively peaceful.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Possession of all drugs decriminalized, except for residents of ghetto areas "to combat gang activity".

That's totally gonna be the Danish approach.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

No. The Danish approach will be to keep any and all drugs criminalized unless EU intervenes and makes it non-optional to legalize to some extent. In that case, we'll get a useless implementation where cannabis will be expensive, highly regulated *and* line the pockets of a small bunch of private sector oligopols.

There's massive opposition to drug decriminalization/legalization throughout the political, administrative and medical system. Medical cannabis is going to take a generation or more to get out of the current useless tarpit. Moving on to decriminalizing addiction or actual recreational use is generations away.

Meanwhile, those same powers-that-be are fighting tooth-and-nail against any attempt to address the harmful juvenile alcohol culture and the high prevalence of alcoholism across social strata. Alcoholism is considered a valid lifestyle choice. Compare the difference in punishment for drunk driving and driving with trace amounts of illegal substances (that haven't been affecting the body or brain for days or weeks).

The hypocrisy is staggering. I'm not a purist out to get alcohol banned - but I find it disgusting how the establishment blatantly lies in favor of the status quo.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

PederP posted:

Alcoholism is considered a valid lifestyle choice.

That would be a great thread title.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SplitSoul posted:

That reminds me of the current version the knife law. Since 2016 knives with one-handed opening and/or locking mechanisms are no longer explicitly illegal, which is fine and good. However it also had a "small" change so that even the tiniest pocketknife is illegal to carry, unless you have a valid reason to carry a knife. Even the tiniest, most non-threatening and useless as a weapon Swiss army knife is illegal to carry, unless the cop in question decides he can't be bothered to write you a fine.

And how much do you want to bet that any genuinely valid reason automatically becomes invalid when suffixed with "...while Muslim" or even "... while vaguely swarthy in a non-Danish way"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

teen witch posted:

Tell that to my Finnish boyfriend

Wai-

Fins move to Sweden and then try to be racist to Swedes by telling them to gently caress off from Sweden for being lazy good for nothings :v: