Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Groke posted:

Weeeell... arguably the shenanigans of 1814 were more of an attempt at "gently caress you Sweden" given exactly who our guys were trying to install as King of the independent Norwegian state.

You are right, the Danes gave us a pretty cool king so we good. Swedes however, gently caress'em. Been invading and harassing us for centuries, and then getting all buddy-buddy with the nazis in ww2. NOT something a good neighbor would do! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Great Britain?

Dammit, barely ten posts in on our Scandinavian empire theory crafting and we are already considering appropriating foreign territory

EDIT: Have a nice picture:

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 19, 2020

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jag är inte sjuk
Jag är bara svensk~~ :yotj:

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Potrzebie posted:

https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se...vatperson-gora/

"Avstå från onödiga resor" "Råden gäller fram till 31 december 2020."

-MEN RESOR TILL NORGE DÅ?!?!?!!!

It is gonna be a weird summer in Norway without obnoxious bartenders and waiters/waitresses running around yelling "tjena grabben" every five minutes

I think the whole nightlife and restaurant industry in Norway might collapse without cheap swedish labour!

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Zzulu posted:

Apparently all of Scandinavia has tales of The Swede yet I never hear anything about danes

I'm a Norwegian. And the company I used to work with got bought up by Danish investors. It was a huge culture shock for us. We were used to having a flat hierarchy at my workplace, with a friendly and casual tone between workers, leaders and bosses. But the Danes would not have any of this. As a Union representant I found myself in the thick of things as the Danish owners fought with us to restructure the company into a micro managed hell hole. I knew things was about get real bad when in the first meeting between the union and the new leadership, the HR-lady told us "nu må du lige slappe af, det er ingen her som skal pule hinanden i røven!"** :stare: Yet, that is exactly what they did to us.

They quickly set up a strict hierarchy where the aim was to maximize production and to get rid of so called "slow-performers". Unfair production quotas, fingerprint sensors you had to use every time you left your workstation and a constant pressure for overtime became the norm. They seemed completely incredulous when we explained to them they cannot just step all over the workers like this, the union has to be consulted at every turn.
What followed was 3 years of almost constant conflict between the new owners and the union. People were getting sick left and right from the insane pressure and stress put upon them. At one point we had about 15% of the employees on sick leave. Things got even worse from there, and the company, who had been around since the early 90s went bankrupt after about 3.5 year under Danish leadership. 100 people going into the Covid-19 lockdown without a job. Ugh. Worst 3.5 years of my life.

TL/DR: Based on my personal experience Danes do not play nice, and workers rights are apparently optional to them

**Translation: "Aint nobody gonna gently caress each other in the rear end here"

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 22, 2020

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lilljonas posted:

My wife has the same experience. Working in a company with offices in all Nordic countries, the Danes are the hugest assholes at work by far. Like it's not even a competition - screaming, bullying, trying to make other people do their work, never apologizing, the whole nine yard.

Completely friendly outside the work environment, but put them in an office chair and they turn into assholes. After talking to some Danish friends, we chalked it down to a very different way of thinking about hierarchies in the workplace, subtle and unspoken versus very clearly stated.

I think it might got something to do with Denmark sharing borders with mainland europe. They face much harsher competition than Norway and Sweden because right across the border they have Germany and its massive industrial capabilities, so business is more cutthroat.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The owners definitely expected you Norwegians to be a bunch of unsophisticated servile yokels who'd do what they were told, so any pushback was a great offense.

Yep, you are 100% right on the money there. Very early on we noticed that any resistance against the system they set up was treated as a offense to them, I'm not kidding, at times it was like grasp ones pearls and go "How DARE you!" kind of reactions.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 22, 2020

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

V. Illych L. posted:

denmark is the toilet, the wankstain, the discarded foreskin of scandinavia. it is a wholly excreable country

Jesus christ dude, what did Denmark do to you?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

V. Illych L. posted:

they're talking about postponing the norwegian demos due to covid-19, but i was planning on bringing an obiora sign for that very reason. the organisers in bergen are pretty sound people, so i hope they bring in speakers who can link this to local issues and hopefully use it to inform people on the local issue

notwithstanding, we should be deeply concerned that it's next to impossible to mobilise a proper demo without taking a cue from america, and that's a legitimate point to bring up

I wish people would demonstrate outside the multi million luxury mansions of the politicians behind this burgeoning mess. You know, the ones that have exploited refugees for virtue posing points for years now, without a real plan on how to incorporate them into society? The ones that are laying the groundwork for exclusion and poverty by just stuffing newcomers into lovely housing and forgetting about them?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

McCloud posted:

A bunch of my colleagues organised a beach picnic thing by the beach today. I was sorely tempted but considering the beach would be jam packed, the busses to said beaches would be stuffed (confirmed later by local papers) and considering no one wears masks in this God forsaken country, I reluctantly stayed home.

Stay safe goon, we need your posting!

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Groke posted:

Industrial mink farming kind of needs to go away in any case.

Yeah. gently caress that poo poo. Torturing and killing animals just so some fashionistas can get their pelts is barbarism

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

abske_fides posted:

Didn't they just say they "recommend" face masks on public transport or did I imagine that last week? But yes very few people wear them. Also people have been lying about having symptoms or having been outside of the country when wanting to see their doctors. Honestly, covid has really shown how Norwegian society, perhaps even more than Western society in general, has become so incredibly egotistical.

Yeah, I also think it is the fact that norway has been this super safe bubble for several generations now has a lot to do with this. Most Norwegians have a very high standard of living, even if they have low wage jobs. Most Norwegians come from stable homes, and very few have ever had any real kind of distress in their lives. This has made the majority unable to grasp or deal with the real world outside of our their doorstep.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

V. Illych L. posted:

early on, norwegians really were pretty disciplined at maintaining distance and staying at home etc.

Ironically I've never seen so many people meandering outside as i did during the first few weeks of the corona pandemic. Especially elderly and middle aged people seemed hell bent on crowding every square metre of public space. Even hiking trails I normally never see anyone, id see people all of a sudden. Also, I live in a municipality that neighbours a municipality where there are a lot of winter cabins, and during the first weeks of the corona, the roads where jammed with people litterally heading for the hills. These cabin owners also went through our grocery stores like a marauding horde.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Katt posted:

Just came back from a long military training course on the Swedish east coast.

I remember back in 2011, My unit was sent over to sweden to train with the swedish Homeguard in Malmö. We were introduced to the swedish tradition of "fika" and brought it back home. Best cultural exchange ever. Even now many years later, there will be much grumbling in my platoon if there are no fika with lefser, coffe and chocolate in between bouts of army-man-activities.

(Also, I remember these big rear end chocolate balls filled with mousse or something that swedes would serve us during "fika". I never seen its like again, you dont know what that might have been by any chance?)

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Katt posted:

choklad toppar?

Nah we already got that here in Norway with the kokosboller. It was kinda like that, but bigger and filled with chocolate mousse

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Katt posted:

Bigger than a choklad topp? choklad topp is like the size of a fist.

Was it gille bollar?

YES, thank you, i think its that one! It was a bit bigger and rounder, but it was looking like that on the inside and outside.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Katt posted:

I literally googled "Bullet proof thermos" in hopes of finding a thermos I could justify adding to my combat vest for tactical applications of coffee.

Sadly it only yielded a whole brand of lovely Thermos's from a company named "bullet proof" or something like that.

Like it would only have to be moderately shrapnel absorbent and I could cover it in matt black tape.

I'm a left handed pistol shooter so I have a ton of spare space on my combat vest.

Bulletproof or not, just make sure it has the option to unscrew the top lid without opening it, so as to vent the steam inside. The small thermoses are dangerous little timebombs just waiting to spew forth their scalding contents on the unawares. Happened to me once, thankfully i had safety googles and gloves on!

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A Buttery Pastry posted:

And again, there was basically no overlap between the outbreaks in China and the majority of the world.

Yeah because the chinese government is so very trustworthy and caring. They literally put religious minorities into KZ-camps ffs. They even told WHO that there were no "clear signs of covid transmitting between humans" as late as january, even though they drat well knew that as early as December last year.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nice piece of fish posted:

Oh yeah danish working environments are toxic as gently caress, no idea why. But we don't have to work with danes, just see them occasionally, which keeps the relationship cordial.

Yeah as i've mentioned earlier in this thread, my company got bought up by a Danish investing company. They immediately set about tearing apart everything that worked and replaced it with dystopian control measures, impossible demands on the workers, and a stricht hiarchy where the worker was to shut up and work and not dare speak up to their betters. 3 loving years of this and it ended with 15% of the total workforce on sick leave due to stress and other similar symptoms, productivity down the drain, and a toxic work enviroment. Company went bust just in time for the rona lockdowns.

I'm not saying all danes are like this but man, I keep hearing of similar stories, so yeah i guess there is a much tougher and meaner workplace culture in Denmark.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Computer viking posted:

Oh, and the other couple she wrote threats to were the lovely Tybring-Gjedde family, from the most racist wing of the already especially racist Oslo group of FrP. Great people all around, and it's a shame it seems like they were genuinely just the victims here.

Yeah, please explain how these politicians qualify for the racist label, or are you just throwing it around because its cool?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Katt posted:

6th frame kind of tanks it but otherwise a wholesome fin Xoomer meme.

As a winter war nerd, I approve of this.

Thanks for providing a link with proof! :hfive: I half expected to get chewed out for asking, but nice to see that was not the case.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
https://forsvaretsforum.no/koronavirus-sverige-utenriks/svenske-panserregimenter-vokter-grensen/180846

loving lol, the swedes are sending mechanized infantry regiments to the Norwegian border. Without the mechanized part of it, so only infantry. But still, wow, calm down søta bror. Can't you use regular national guardsmen like normal people?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

evil_bunnY posted:

Yes, let's just agree to not talk about how he hates women and lefties, and they can go on doing a good job together.

I haven't met the guy, but if he literally hates women, then warn your boss immediately instead of posting about it on a dumb internet forum.

If its just you being a hyperbolic goon, then maybe rethink your own attitudes on people with differing political beliefs.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I need to know what Danes think of Norwegian nature. I grew up in a nice little bygd nestled in between high valleys and mountains. Whenever I'm in Denmark I cant help but feel slightly lost and exposed without hills around me. How do you flat-landers feel when in the more mountainous parts of Norway?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You mean the land of looming terrors?

But seriously, I do get why you'd feel exposed, because mountains/valleys do create a sorta snug atmosphere in my experience. I do have to wonder though how you become famous mariners with a fear of flat terrain! Perhaps this anxiety drove you across the sea at great speeds so you could return to the loving embrace of your mountain daddies as quickly as possible.

Unlike the danes we never had much in the way of arable land, so i guess hunger drove us out across the great scary blue flat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Beeswax posted:

My Finnish aunt once explained that the way to make your own Tyrkisk Peber snaps is to take an empty plastic booze bottle ("family sized"), fill it almost all the way up with your vodka of choice and a big handful of Tyrkisk Peber, and then put it in the dishwasher for a full cycle.

Haven't owned a dishwasher in my life so no way of testing the method out.

Me and some friends made Tyrkisk Peber drinks by melting the candy in a frying pan and mixing it with moonshine afterwards. I dont remember much after that, so I have no idea if it worked or not