Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
Oh Karpaw, we missed you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
Reminder that MP are like 5% of the vote, majority being inner city people.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Revelation 2-13 posted:

All in all, being idealistic on immigration didn't give rise to SD, if anything Sweden managed to starve off their DPP equivalent for 20 years by holding onto principles, ideals and what's right. I can understand why a racist would want the narrative to be that the politicians ignores the very real dangers of immigration though.

Except it kind of did though.

If anything I blame the social democrats buying into the "economic-migration-is-good-for-the-economy, especially illiterate muslims refugees" narrative for the rise of SD. This just as much as i blame S for saying that TTIP is a good deal. Both of those are examples of pandering to liberal values, not social democratic ones, and thats just as much a case of lacking principles as the greens slamming the door on refugees is.

Sweden kept the door closed on SD because of a more humanist approach to foreign policy and the recognition of real problems that refugees are facing in a way that Denmark never did. This is largely a legacy of Olof Palme and his crew. The reason as to why SD took as long as they did to take hold is because Sweden, contrary to SD rethoric back in the day, was never really in a tough spot when it came to immigration so some of the potential problems with an open door policy were ignored. It wasn't untill the arab spring and all the bullshit that it triggered that Europe really started to feel the pain immigration wise.

The big iraqi migrant waves in 2004-2007 occured in good economic times, and came in relatively small numbers, it was also in the absence of any real social media networks that could help SD get their message out.

Cerebral Bore posted:

If you want an example of the far-right's actual commitment to preserving the welfare state you need only to look at Finland. Our far-right party happily went into a colaition government with the main bourgie parties and is currently all in on helping to cut everything to the bone.

This is exactly whats gonna happen, and one of the reasons I think the far right in scandinavia will implode. They want to get invited into government with the center-right no matter the cost, and doing so will become impossible unless they go back on about 90% of what they're promising. You can't play cute with The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise and be a guardian of the welfare state at the same time. LO and S are waking up to this, SD are not.

SD wants to be the establishment in a time when people are starting to hate it, this could have potentially terminal effects on their ability to grow post 2018-2022.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 7, 2017

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
My mom and I were there yesterday. Thank gently caress for that.

Atleast i hope we wont have to see Alice Bah managing preventitive anti-extremist poo poo anymore. loving hell who would let MP in on security descisions anyway? I am pissed right now, and I've got an assignment to write.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
My friend says she is hearing gunfire in the subway near Fridhemsplan

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

evil_bunnY posted:

Exactly.

There's only one way to deal with that kind of low tech terrorism, and that's to refuse to be terrorized.

Preventing people from going on religiously motivated killing sprees is also an option. (not saying its garantueed to be the case here mind you)

Edit: this is very unlikely to be anything other than a terrorist attack of some sort. Severity is up for debate untill atleast tomorrow. But i learned from Breivik to wait before passing judgement on culprits.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 7, 2017

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Welcome to our world.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
I don't see anyone celebrating right now Karpaw. Except you.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

evil_bunnY posted:

You're the one putting religion on it before anyone knows.

I was speaking in general terms based on other truck attacks of similar character last year.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
State security services and the police are holding a press conference now. 17:41

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Well do that other thing then. You have not been doing it so far.

It takes time to pass a law.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

I'm honestly baffled that they didn't just pick someone else when it became apparent she came with a block-list.

Yeah, the Block list should have been vetted.

But I'm not opposed to letting nazis and alt-right trolls miss out on using it. It's not an exercise in democracy or freedom of speech it's a stupid marketing gimmick.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

Guy was a nobody who defected because he was about to lose his spot on his local party list which would cost him his seat anyway.

He was also not on the list for parliament in 2018 and wants to keep his job.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

kikkelivelho posted:

I think it's only fair that all European countries carry the burden of the Euro together.

Such a pity it's a load of poo poo though.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Oh look the governments big poll is in:

http://www.statistikdatabasen.scb.se/sq/31959

C 11,3
L 5,0
M 18,1
KD 3,2
S 31,1
V 6,3
MP 4,5
SD 18,4
Övriga 2,2

Emphasis is mine. Brownshirts are the second largest party, oh the joy!

We could actually get a majority government with S in the lead if people just got their loving act together. M/S/C or S/C/L. It's that or we get another MP/S/V collaboration, and im not so sure thats the way to go. I want a majority government and the breakup of the Alliance as a political bloc.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Beeswax posted:

On one hand, the bloc system leads to weak minority governments and a lot of flailing as people try to circumnavigate SD. On the other hand, S allying with L/C would be the final, public acknowledgement that social democracy as we know/remember it is dead. Then again that's just acknowledging reality as it is so maybe we might as well welcome it.

Oh I agree, But we are in a situation where a parliamentary majority is an absolute necessity. We have a runaway housing market, a crumbling EU and a whole host of other problems that need solving.

I'd prefer a pure S government with budgetary backing in parliament and enough assurance of "bipartisan" (to use an american term) deals on migration/housing and energy.

Eitherway, I may have grown to hate MP with a passion but I'm glad they're not sub 4% (KD on the other hand...).

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jun 1, 2017

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

Apparently if you harass government agencies enough you can just shut down investigations into the Muslim brotherhood.
https://www.fokus.se/2017/06/nerringd-jo-anmald-och-mejlbombad/

It reminds me of how the Church of Scientology bullied the IRS into stopping their ongoing investigation into the churches finances.

This whole thing is a disgrace, and as always its questionable organisations like Sveriges Unga Muslimer behind it and cowardly officials.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
On the topic of Afghans, the "deal" that S made with the greens is a total joke, won't change a thing really. Not that it would stop the greens from kicking up a mess and blow all of their political capital on a complete non issue a year before the election, with no chances of getting anything close to what they want through parliament.

I wouldn't even throw a welfare vote on the greens at this point even if it cost us (S) a government. I cannot state how much I loving hate those guys.

Göran Persson summed them up perfectly: "they are focused on scoring cheap points through pubescent throphy politics"

And on a related topic, I've yet to see a single person critizising the way medicinal age exams are conducted by the board of forensic medecine propose an alternative method that is also medicinal. Besides it ain't news that SD's care for Sweden stops right at the border, it won't go further inland. They'd sell their whole base out for a cabinet position from M at this point.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 9, 2017

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

You're very naive if you can't see how it is this exact moving of the goalposts that got Denmark into its current predicament. The end-goal of the alt-right ideology is not functioning immigration, that's just rhetoric, it's no immigration.

To put into perspective just how insanely crappy Denmark's new position is, the UN quotas obliged Denmark to receive a staggering 500 refugees annually. Even that was considered too much under the new norm.

The problem is that the bulk of the refugees arriving come outside of those systems, and are naturally mostly military age men around 25-35 as a consequence. This is deeply unpopular with the vast majority of europeans and incentivizes governments to do anything they can to "cut back". Quota refugees are alot easier to deal with (i.e. reduce numbers) than those who apply for asylum under the EU convention rules, all for legal reasons. The problem is that we have a system that is unsustainable and tailor made for human misery, political instability and resentments. Unless we fundamentally reconsider the entire makeup of our current system the problem will only get worse, and I believe the union will fragment if the outer border is ever destroyed again.

Fact of the matter is that the majority of the people drowning off the libyan coast every week are economic migrants who have been sold a fantasy by human trafficers, a fantasy enabled by standing EU rules.

Imo a union wide quota system in co-operation with UNHCR would be ideal, coupled with a scrapping of the geneva convention framework of letting people apply for asylum wherever they drat please.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 22, 2017

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

Ebba Busch.

I can smell those 3.5% from here.

Here's to the funeral.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Rnr posted:

Thread appropriate entertainment. Terrible Danish wrong thinkers heckle Sweden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11YJaE51Zxw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0TmH_PMTIY

If anyone can explain what a "Based Danish" is, that would be great. Disclaimer, don't know who the memeson character is, just figured streaming would be blocked for dirty foreigners for content on dr.dk. Sorry to SplitSoul in advance, perhaps you can post some of Spang heckling the right wing in response, so we have equality of outcome?

Is that what passes for humor in Denmark?

Now in all seriousness is this how Danes really see Sweden, like in general? On that 2nd video, someone clearly wasn't reading Swedish newspapers at all when that verdict was given center stage in the national media machine, or what followed for those two jurors. The reactions he's describing are completely alien to anyone who followed the whole thing.

I guess the filter bubble is a real thing, I'm just surprised is all. I get that some dumb hungarian or american could get it wrong but you'd think a Dane would benefit from proximity.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The first video almost works as satire of Denmark - but the second one is legit tonally compatible with the pop culture of Nazi America in the newest Wolfenstein. Which I suppose is appropriate, given that it was made by Swedes.

I think based in this context basically means "In tune with 4chan"/"honorary 4channer".

That second vid's gotta be made by a dane, unless the guy is a swede speaking danish. Or am I missing something here?

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Potrzebie posted:

They have gone from "alla ska med" to "-unless you are new here and also a brown; then gently caress you". Also they've basically accepted SDs view of the world, while failing to realise that SD will always be "better" at the intolerance and racism game.

Kindly go gently caress yourself.

S hasent campaigned on a single liberisation of migration policy in like 50 years. Even guys like Erlander and Palme were thougher than Lövens people are. Nothing about S "new" proposal is actually new, either for the party or for the country. I wish urban kids (and Aftonbladet) would get their heads out of their asses and look up our partys history before they blather on about how this is somehow out of sync with Social democray or what the role of our party has always been. As the german SPD put it in the first few internationals; their country comes first. S is no different, never has been.

There is no such thing as a free refugee, and you can't defend a european system that has people crossing 10+ fully functional and peaceful democracies only to apply for asylum in northern europe. I totally understand the incentives, it's great here and they want a future. But, we are in a much tighter financial spot than people realize and we are also in dire need of major structural reforms in the public sector, transportation, housing, defense and elsewhere that will cost us a shitload. We can't afford to be the one country in all of europe that spends as much per refugee as we do and at the same time be the most receptive.

This is coming from a social democrat by the way. I wouldn't vote SD if you put a gun to my head, but goddamnit I miss when my party could be the voice of moderation without being equated to a bunch of brownshirts.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 23, 2018

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

Look, the nazis aren't that bad, they might just settle for massive ethnic cleansing.

People havent taken them seriously since the 80's. It's one of the things that have the police completely blindsided and doing stuff like giving them permits to march on may 1st. (That and there are alot of right wingers in the security apparatus)

Till Rhakmat Akilov you only had nazis actually killing people over ideological disputes in Sweden (not to equate religion with ideology but atleast it's somewhere in the same ballpark).

For all the talk about AFA and the "antidemocratic left", they havent done much worse than throw a brick through a window and block you on twitter. Fucks sake i grew up in those circles, theyre all suburban white kids with dreadlocks. There's no denying SD's success emboldened alot of them either.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 25, 2018

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Fox Cunning posted:

Civil engineers do 5 years iirc.

Bachelor-masters-PhD can theoretically be done in 9 years, 3+2+4.

edit: a bachelors is 3 years or 180 points (30/semester), masters 120 points, civil engineer 300 points. You could get a bachelors in engineering in three years I guess.

Bachelor is 90pts in Sweden, Master 120 and PHD studies are paid research/teaching positions where the time spent to get one can vary. To qualify for a PHD position you need 240 points, 4 years, whereas 60 of those have to be at a master level.

Most programs that include a bachelor degree are 180pts, but half of those are typically professional skills or so that are outside the degree.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 31, 2018

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

He's counting the other 90 points as non-bachelor even though they're part of the bachelor degree.

The other 90 points does not have to be directly related to the subjectmatter of your degree, depending on the college ofcourse.

That said you are right in that it requires 180points total before you can apply for the degree.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

There's absolutely no guarantee for that in the current political landscape.

Wait for SCB's poll next week and we'll talk. All of the panels used by the major newspapers are based on readers and thus lean heavily right wing. They always underestimate S and overestimate SD, especially aftonbladet/inizio.

Corbyns success should tell S in Sweden everything they need to know to win big. It's not about liberal immigration. It's about welfare, renationalizing elements of the old public sector and stuff like that.

People are talking as if S voters are in any way opposed to the migration reforms or their justifications. What they dislike, and the cause of the partys actual problems, is that immigration reform is percieved (and rightly so) as having supplanted welfare reform this election. It's about timing and execution, not content.

In light of stuff like the scandal about Nya Karolinska, S voters wanna see more attention to healthcare. They don't want open borders or any of that horseshit, but they dont wanna watch the party chase SD at the expense of everything else.

As soon as S gets back on track with the usual structural reform topics, likely very soon, they will recover quite quickly.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 3, 2018

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

old school social democracy is legitimately very popular, but it's ideologically unsupportable through contemporary technocratic ideology, which places a lot of stock in marketisation, competition and sees the role of government as essentially providing a framework for the real actors (business, civil society) to prosper rather than act for themselves. add to this the increasing mobility of capital over labour drastically shifting the balance of power upon which social democracy depends, and you have the current predicament. the way out might be corbynite state capitalism, but it's easy to go wrong there, too

this view of the state being heavily pushed by the EU doesn't help, of course

State capitalism was what saved China from going down the way of the USSR, (along with about a thousand other factors like ethnic and historical divisions etc.). There is no reason to assume that democratic state capitalism won't work for social democracy (It is kinda what sweden had for quite a while), especially if it is shown to rapidly improve everyday life. Neoliberalism as we know it is on its way out thats for sure, wether it gets replaced by Corbyn or Orban is still up in the air.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
A pile of poo poo is still made up of poo poo. Those are literally the top 3 worst polls in the country aside from the ones run by SD's media wing. That said I'm sure there will be a slight drop, but not far below 28%.

I'm not pretending S has done well, having MP as a partner has played it's part. But a skyhigh average household debt that people can scarcely afford to pay is a massive problem, especially since it strangles your ability to reform via taxes. Not only that it relies on crap like interest deductions and flexible payment plans. It is gunpowder to the economy and could damage the economy if mismanaged and cooled off too quickly.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 3, 2018

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
So, SCB is in:

Red&Greens: 40.0%
S - 28.3
V - 7.4
MP - 4.3

Alliansen: 35.7% (KD at 2.9 so bye bye to them, not included in that number)
M - 22.6
C - 8.7
L - 4.4
KD - 2.9

SD at 18.5

An interesting thing to note that the bulk of S's losses were due to people moving to undecided (2.2%) as opposed to other parties, 0.4% had gone to SD with slightly more to V and MP. That right there is a good sign and shows that they are most likely waiting for the real policy proposals like welfare reform etc. It is very likely that KD is gone this election (thank gently caress for that). I don't think they've ever been this far below the line in such an important poll this close to an election. Hopefully they won't get that many tactical votes now that Alliansen is actually kind of low, they cant afford to risk tossing votes at a party too far below 4%.

Not that many surprises all in all, MP safely above the line is not entirely unexpected.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jun 5, 2018

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

I'm probably gonna hate this election (being a V voter) but I'll have a laugh if SD light (KD) gets thrown out.

I'm actually pretty interested to see what happens: how will the public discourse handle the expulsion of a party that's been around since 1991?

The televised debates wont miss them that's fur sure. Maybe Bert Karlsson will shed a tear, one can dream. I hope they will get about as much mainstream attention as F! once they're finally gone though. That said expect tactical votes to the tune of like 1-1.5% maybe. It's unlikely to be enough this time that's for sure.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jun 5, 2018

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

Do SD really want to make the argument that the policies and opinions of yesteryear is relevant for a party today?

Do they really want to stand behind that sentiment?

If they do, then I applaud their embrace of their roots, since it just confirms my view of them as nazis, I’m just surprised, is what I’m saying.

Exactly, the loving nerve of those guys is just unbelievable. And they make it seem as if S was doing anything that was controversial at the time. I mean good lord look at C and Nazis back in the 30's and 40's. S ofthen got poo poo because they werent brown enough and overrun by Jewish socialists like Rudolf Meidner.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Aug 2, 2018

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Potrzebie posted:

To clarify, Amineh Kakabaveh is nominated for Riksdagen on the V docket for Stockholms län/kommun. She is not a candidate for Landstinget/kommunfullmäktige.

https://data.val.se/val/val2018/valsedlar/R/rvalkrets/02/valsedlar.html#id0005

E: So doing what Retarded Goatee suggests is not possible.
EE: In short, if you feel like a vote for Amineh is a good vote, you are voting for V in Riksdagsvalet.

I am honestly tempted to vote for V because they need voices like hers, as does the left wing in general, but I don't wanna abandon S now.

Basically no matter what happens post election will be a complete shitshow, I'm stocking on popcorn already.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Welp, voted S

Was really tempted to throw a vote towards V for Amineh Kakabaveh alone, but we vote for party not person here.

Also:

The buget crisis will only happen if SD+M gets bigger than S+V+MP or if the "alliance" decides to be sore loosers again and put forth a common budget for SD to vote for, not looking likely since they arent in coalition now.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

https://twitter.com/Expressen/status/1038767178584141825

Just nationalize the entire thing again and invade Denmark.

Freedom of choice guyz!!! Really important here! You're a customer not a citizen!

Everything Maud Olofsson has ever touched literally turns to poo poo.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
One, loving, seat!

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Let me put it this way: The alliance is dead in the water. Period.

SD + S gets the bigger budget. doesn't matter who sits, if S won't abstain or support a budget it wont pass without giving Jimmie a free pass to gently caress them over.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Fox Cunning posted:

Now the Alliance is foisting the idea that if S doesnt support the Alliance, S is forcing them to rely on SD

I really loving hate those guys.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Beeswax posted:

In lighter news, the AfS crowd is melting the gently caress down on twitter, as expected. Good times.

surprise surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
M goes back in their big rich kid municipalities. That's interesting.

Täby, Vaxholm, Ekerö, Lidingö.

All lost more than 10%