Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Wild Horses posted:

Han är bara en trött karaktär som jag helst vill slippa se, du har inte missat något. Bara bisarrt att han fortfarande är med när han riskerar att sänka partiet till irrelevans

So we are doing this again?

Regarding Björklund, he is the only one at the moment that won't divide the party into even smaller pieces. There were some calls to replace him with Ohlson or Ullenhag, but both of those candidates were disqualified due to the change in the political realities.
But, yeah, he has outlived his relevance especially looking at the schools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Wild Horses posted:

Interesting

First time hearing about fp internal politics, explains a lot

Fp is kinda a schizophrenic party, mainly since it is full of liberals. :v: also the most academic heavy party in Sweden.
You get both baton liberals as well as bleeding heart ones in one party, which made the immigration crisis kinda hard for the party.
While Ohlson had her supporters, they remain a smaller fraction and are considered divisive. She didn't try to challenge Björklund after the election and considering the change in climate she won't.
So Björklund will remain until someone better shows up.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Lord Tywin posted:

Well to be fair they have to lower the requirements even more if they want people dumber than Eliasson.

You know, I wouldn't call Eliasson stupid.
He has survived the last 2 administrations by being a useful and loyal henchman and you don't get to do that if you are stupid.
There are however other descriptions of him that seems perfectly reasonable.

Some hilarious things about Eliasson:
He was a member of a punk band that sang about loving prostitutes in Thailand.
And upon leaving Försäkringskassan, he got Försäkringskassan to delete 13k emails for some reason (which made a lot of the fraud investigations useless).
I might confuse him with Anders Danielsson though. :v:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Zudgemud posted:

Jo men mina fördomar säger att ration jaktlicens vs total population fortfarande ger en kvalitativ fördel för norra faktionen, vi cityslickers kommer ju gå vilse i skogen och dö så fort mobiltäckningen blir skakig. Vårt enda hopp är volksturm.

Eh, why would anyone actually want to fight up north?
A much easier solution is just to control the food supply since Sweden is not self-reliant on food and therefore the northern part of Sweden will starve to death after they killed off all the moose, deer and reindeers and have nothing left to eat. Which really should not take so long.
The description "They will take my guns out of my cold dead hands" will be rather accurate, although hardly in the way the northerners would expect. Also no potato or wheat to make moonshine from.

Furthermore the total number of weapons among criminals is rather low in comparison to other sources (in 2000 we had 1 million military guns and 3 millions hunting rifles if I remember correctly) and any civil war will be won by the Swedish hunting association, probably by letting Stockholm starve itself to death.

Finally, why does this thread always devolve into hypothetical scenarios of civil war?
I feel like I am reading the nationalist subforums on Flashback.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Old but still relevant.
https://twitter.com/konsensuseliten/status/757117548815085569
From http://www.svd.se/vi-svenskar-ser-oss-som-en-moralisk-stormakt-start

That especially MP-voters are detached from the problems of integration/immigration is hardly surprising since they in general have a more rosy-eyed (read: idealistic) view of humanity. They also live apart from immigrants.
It also disproves the idea that SD-supporters are people living apart from immigrants (ie being rural hicks). Anyone interested in election statistics of course already know this (ie compare Rosengård/Almgården, 2 neighbouring areas in Malmö).

The correlation between this and the investigation regarding which political parties journalists support is kinda good.
For those who have read the investigation (I have), you know that the support for MP was 40%. In all likelihood this is much lower now, considering what MP have managed the last year.
But that is beside the point I am trying to make here.

In the investigation, it says that 40% of the Swedish journalists live in Stockholm and 10% are living on Södermalm ie areas where most of immigrants are people with enough money to actually afford living in Stockholm and thus well-integrated.
The investigation also showed that journalists live in areas with low SD-support, thereby minimizing the interaction surfaces between journalists and SD-supporters/immigrants.
So if you want to understand one of the reasons between the dissonance between mass media and the massive distrust of mass media among SD-supporters, this is one.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Reminder that MP are like 5% of the vote, majority being inner city people.

In current polls and after betraying everything they stand for, yes.
In some part this is is old news, since the journalist investigation is around the election and as you know, MP was 2nd largest party in the EU election.
Like I said in the post, the support for MP among journalists have probably decreased since then.

Alexios posted:

Your analysis of that poll makes no sense because V is on the same side as MP regarding immigration yet they have the most contact with immigrant according to that same poll. Your conclusion that a lot of journalists being MP voters and that SD voters thus considers swedish massmedia being out of touch with reality might be right but you haven't proven this with that post when you blatantly picked data that support your analysis and disregard data that doesn't.

Eh, with the exception of Fi and MP, most other parties have the same base level of contact with non-european people. 1% is hardly a significant number here.
C is also on the same side as MP and C when it comes to immigration, as you know. Saying there are 2 sides is also a stupid simplification.
V and MP voters are not the same type of voters. You don't vote for V unless you believe that S is a right-wing party, whereas MP (used to be at least) tried to be a middle party attracting green, liberal inner-city middle-class voters.
If you have read the journalist report, you would have noticed a interesting shift around the time when Schyman was replaced by Ohly, and the support for V went down in favour for MP with Wetterstrand/Eriksson (ie when they replaced Schyman with a hardcore communist).

Svartvit posted:

MP: the Islamist party filled with swarthy cultural deviants. Also the white party where no one has had any contact with immigrants.

Well, I think this is a case of "Death Camp of Tolerance" for MP. If you treat foreign-born as exotic people that can do no wrong and it is racist to critisize them, this is what you get.
This seemed like a classic case of entryism orchestrated by the Swedish part of the MB and it was clear from the start that Kaplan had dubious connections based on his past history.
It is noteworthy that MP have now implemented tighter controls over who reprsents them.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

I think it's unfair to single out Kaplan when the rest of MP's current leadership have also been caught making terrible decisions like every five minutes. It's not like race has any correlation to competence.

All true.
I especially liked how Fridolin pushed Romson off the cliff for the Kaplan debacle considering that Kaplan was Fridolins choice along with Bah Kunke.
In comparison Romsons pick at least so far seems somewhat competent (with emphasis on "so far seems" )

Also, in retrospect I think that the favourable treatment of MP in media in part led to MP having unrealistic expectations on what would happen once they were in power and they have been paying for it.

Lord Tywin posted:

The awful "nazis" that were banned
http://nyatider.nu/

While poo poo like this
https://bokmassan.se/exhibitors/jan-myrdalsallskapet-bibliotek/
http://www.gp.se/n%C3%B6je/kontroversiell-mosk%C3%A9-medverkar-pC3%A5-bokm%C3%A4ssan-1.3717372

You don't see how it's utterly hilarious when a book fair that's supposed to be about freedom of speech bans a newspaper from attending because leftists wants to stop them from attending?

Lol, if you think Bokmässan is anything else than Tinder for sex-starved librarians that wants to gently caress Martin Schibbye.

Also, I would like to congratulate Bokmässan on giving Nya Tider exactly what they wanted.
You would think that after 10 years, people would know when they are provoked.
This way Nya Tider got more publicity compared to being just another lovely book stand at Bokmässan.

Fox Cunning posted:

MP has like 2,8% or something in the latest polls lol. They hosed up.

edit: And Fridolin is the least popular party leader?

And judging by Vs polling numbers it seems like the rest of the MP voters are heading that way. The green-liberal ones have already left for other parties.
I still think they will remain in the Riksdag though.
S have more or less completely broken MP and it is going to keep that way until next election. MP have consistently folded on their "important" (read unrealistic) political goals and have basically told S that they will do everything just to remain in the government.
In comparison V made the much smarter decision of being outside and still get their way with the budget given the election result.
I can easily say that the winners of the current mandate period is going to be V.

As for SD, they will probably end up somewhere around their current election result, which is a massive letdown for them considering the polls the last year.
This is mostly due to the 180 turn S and M have done on immigration politics and it is going to keep on being this way until next election, in the same was as when DF got 10% in Denmark. Last weeks proposal on a begging ban by S is just one thing.

The whys are very obvious given the polls the last 6 months.
Both S and M have realised that they can get back voters from SD by adopting their politics, while not being SD with all that entails.
Especially for S this is important since the latest SCB told them that they had gotten back LO voters from SD.
In some ways this is a return to the old way, where S&M jointly decided immigration politics.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So something is happening in S behind the curtains at least if you look at which party members have changed posts the last couple of months.

First off, you have the secretary of the party Carin Jämtin who resigns and becomes chair man of SIDA.
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carin_J%E4mtin
Three days before that Aida Hadzialic resigned after a DUI, where she didn't even attempt to make excuses but just resigned.
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aida_Hadzialic
Veronika Palm have been nominated as chair person for Rädda Barnen and was chair person for S in Stockholm, also known as the outskirts of Hell..
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_Palm
On that post she was recently replaced by Anders Ygeman, a minister for interior affairs and rising star in S.
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Ygeman
Hadzialic old post is now filled by Anna Ekström, former director of Skolverket who was on På Spåret with Kds old leader Göran Hägglund.
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Ekstr%F6m
And finally Anders Danielsson, head of Migrationsverket resigned today.
http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/migrationsverkets-chef-avgar/

So at least based on the affiliations of the leaving members there seems to have been some form of internal power struggle within S where one faction is now moving their positions forward.
It seems like the factions associated with Sahlin have lost ground and more pragmatic factions have gained power. Löven seems to (finally) be able to consolidate power within the party.
All in all, this is imo a good change for S.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I don't see anything there that counters the general Eurabia argument, that being that Muslim/Arab population is much more heavily represented in the part of the population that has yet to have children, and that this population is likely to produce more offspring than the rest of the population in the same age group.

Well, considering they are mostly men they sure need to keep the fertility up.
Also, they will die earlier due to socioeconomic factors like obesity, abuse and smoking, so another reason to get many children.
And this is within factoring the second generation.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

An art-school on Skeppsholmen burnt through the entire night. From the sheer time it took to actually kill it I can only presume that some painters supplies must have self-combusted.

A simple fire in Stockholm qualifies as Scandinavian politics now ? :psyduck:

I guess nothing else of interest has happened in Swedish politics like the budget for next year, the civil war among the liberals or that SD harbors a Putin infiltrator.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Poil posted:

But it happened in Stockholm, which is the most important place in the world so naturally that's essential to everyone. 08's you know.

Unless it was the first fire in a long time that wasn't aimed against refugees.

Or you know one of the uncountable number of car fires that happen daily in Malmö at the moment.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

I see things are progressing as usual in the Swedish Politics thread.

Pretty much.
The funny part is that no one seems interested in actual politics like the budget or the problems within L as examples.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

It's not like the budget is really that suprising though. Instead we get UR and SVT drama.

UR as in Dan Korn and identity politics?
SVT as in how the gently caress did anyone think it was a good idea to invite a complete lunatic and let him debate versus another idiot? I.e. Suk vs Arnstad, where none can be considered balanced?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

sofokles posted:

Politics has had self-inflicted diminishing sphere of influence for some time. Is politics even relevant anymore? Politics have become talk about the economy, and the economy is for the most part tied up in entrenched budget post or left to the central bank, EU et al, and multinationals to control. Politics is a lot of huff-puff on minor issues, theres a lot of talk and little of significance happens if you as a voter chooses one way or the other.

Eh, no.
Last years crisis shows what you can do with politics.
The asylum seeker numbers plus the chaos around Öresundsbron are the direct causes of political decisions that have affected thousands of people.
Good or bad, maybe, but for sure due to politics.

On the other hand, the political parties are less and less dependent on their party members. They are all financed to 90-95% by taxes and have a shrinking recruitment base, which have lead to us having a political class that you get born into. Which also makes politics be more of an internal game within the class than for the benefit of all.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

doverhog posted:

Political parties value loyalty and "paying your dues". Unless you are already in some kind of position of power, if you go against the leadership you might as well leave the party, because they will not forget that.

Exactly.
In practice you could more or less replace the voting in Riksdagen to 8 persons, one for each party with varying number of represented votes.
The party system in Sweden is no longer a grassroots system, instead we have a political class where people are born into the system. This regardless of political view.
SD is probably the most "grassroot" party for very obvious reasons, but they will go the same way as the rest of the parties.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

On Bokmässan-gate.
https://twitter.com/AftonbladetK/status/781039738425839617
The moment when you agree with Åsa Linderborg :psyduck:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I was conscripted, but managed to weasel out of it somehow, and went on to read philosophy at University instead because I'm loving retarded

You deserter.
Some of us had to do their time in the military.

Regardless, the motivation for reintroducing conscription seems to be "whoops we pay too little and the working environment is too bad so we don't get enough good people to recruit ".
Which is kinda stupid.
A better working environment would be a better start and it is not like officers earn that well either.
Do they still do the loving högvakten?
Cause that is something that could be replaced by securitas or a bunch of actors.

Considering the low numbers actually needed, it is basically going to be like when I did it, if you don't want to do it, just fail the tests especially the psych evaluation.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

So SD bureaucrats?

I find the admiration for Putin among SD party members to be rather hilarious.
Islamophobia in all its glory, but among the older conservative Swedish population I would say Russophobia is pretty strong.
Especially considering all the old M voters among SD, who traditionally wants a strong military to ward off those pesky commies.

Also, if one wants to see horseshoe theory in effect, it is kinda funny to see SD and V on the same side.
Especially since V have a long history of getting payed by Russia.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

The weird thing is that it's literally every populist-right party this year up and including a american presidential candidate. :psyduck:

So first the populist-right came for the working class and the angry young men that used to be left, and now they come for the dictators that the left used to support.
I wonder what is next, SD will suddenly start supporting Venezuela and Cuba? That would be kinda the ultimate political triangulation.

Also, I wonder what dirt Kent Ekeroth has on Åkesson.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Well, Russia is their main source of financing, so it's not really that strange.

Even for SD?
Cause all of our parties are funded to like 90-95% by taxes (hear that C?).

MiddleOne posted:

Yeah that I understand, but why is the rank and file completely unphased by it?

Probably cause that is a very minor side effect of voting for a populist-right party.
The main reason for the success of the populist-right is immigration/integration issues and Russia is really not a concern in that regard, since that is something external and peripheral compared to the situation here and now.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McCloud posted:

It's the same phenomenon as Trumps voters. They don't care about all the shady stuff he's done, because for various reasons they are voting for them because of the politics they say they stand for (and the dogwhistles)

Which is kinda depressing, since this indicates that the voters are aware of the shady things but that there is no other political alternative to their most important political question.
If one looks at the polling figures for last election, there is a big drop in uncertain voters and a corresponding increase for SD voters further indicating the hesitation many SD voters had.
But hey, let us blame the voters and not the system, that is surely the way forward.

As for SD, sooner or later they will have to face some form of political responsibility and given what has recently happened to MP, taking responsibility as a populist party is fraught with problems since your voters will per default be disappointed with you (unless you sit on a massively improving economy).
There is a reason why DF in Denmark didn't want to sit in the ruling coalition.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

His Divine Shadow posted:

What you are talking about now, is discussed in this lecture here, it's good stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkm2Vfj42FY

Eh, Trump is a pretty late addition to the party and is only relevant since he is one of the contenders for the President of the US.

The last 15-20 years we have had FN, FPÖ, DF, FrP, TrueFinns, SD, Geert Wilders, Front Nord, Ukip, Jobbik and more, which are all of the same style of party.
I find it interesting how the left managed to lose this group of people, since the main recruiting ground is minor towns which have a tradition of voting social democratic.

Edit: also not watching a 1.5 h long filmed lecture.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

freelancemoth posted:

The Left are losing the working class vote since they are not the main target anymore. Most of the talking points, from the modern social democracy, is aimed at the middle class.

Basically the difference between Corbyn supporters and Blairites.

Ok, so why doesn't for example V massively increase in polling numbers.
The increase of 1-2% for V last year has more to do with MP than anything else.
I would hardly call V for social democracy.

So if your theory about third way social democracy is true there should be a fertile ground for socialist parties.
But we are not seeing that. S have lost like 10% in polling numbers the last decade, and that loss have not been picked up by V.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Well we did have our Corbyn, it's just that unlike Corbyn he was not a unscrupulous saint so the internal rebellion actually worked.

Juholt ?

MiddleOne posted:

Also I'm not sure what 2014 results you are remembering. The results are here but I can summarize the parties who actually gained voters in 2014 for you because you're forgetting something:

SD: +7.16%
S: +0.35%
V: +0.11%
FI: +2.72%

SD did make big gains but they did not do so in a vacuum, the left in Sweden gained 3.18% and most of that went out the window because of FI not making the 4% threshold, but that doesn't mean it's not there. I would argue that V did not increase because they're not the only alternative left party on the block anymore. We are seeing a push towards both alternative right and left in Sweden, and I'm relatively sure that we will see more of that in the next election.

I forgot Gudruns initiative. Easy to do, since they had their chance and missed it.
Regarding FI, I would say that their voters were just reallocation within the left, which the polls indicate. After last election Fi dropped 1% in the polls and V gained 1%. They also probably got some voters from MP.
For the record, I consider MP to be a left wing party.

To your numbers I would like to add the current polls which have been stable for a year or so. There S is down 4-5%, V+2, SD+7 and MP down 2-3. In total a decrease for the left.

Regardless, I agree with your conclusion ( but not the magnitudes) of a push to the left and the right. V is obviously gaining voters from S and MP, but I have a hard time seeing them being able to collect voters that went from S&M to SD with their current rhetorics.

freelancemoth posted:

Sorry I mean that the Social Democrats are not talking to the working class anymore. Vänsterpartiet could pick them up but they have a bad habit almost completely ignoring the countryside and focus soley on "urban issues".

So the only real alternative for the working class, on the countryside, is Sd sadly.

V is actually more of a middle class party with relatively high number of academics.
M, S and SD have a higher proportion of working class than V, which shows why they have issues in that area. Doesn't help with a party leader living on Östermalm.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

freelancemoth posted:

Shouldn't Vänsterpartiet be more aggressive in trying to get more working class support?

That is the core of my question.
With everything happening in EU, globalisation and other things, why are the left unable to gain any major traction in the polls?

Neoliberalism/libertarianism is inherently bad for the working classes since it will lead to oligarchies, jobs are more and more specialised and we are removing the simpler jobs, work security is going downwards with consult/contractorbusinesses and as Picketty showed, there will be less and less chance for someone to change social class and inherited money will play a larger role, we have developed a political class with less and less connection with the working class.

Svartvit posted:

The old working class has become the new middle class. There is a new working class, guess who?

Shouldn't that class be working in that case?
There is a marxist name for that class and it is not working class.
But yeah, you give one explanation why the working class is not really going to the left.
Also, that tactic also seems to be working so and so, considering SD have higher support among foreign-born than either V and MP.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Working class people are also bad at correctly identifying the true causes of their woes and many of them subscribe to hardcore right wing economic ideas.

This sentence is also part of the problem.
The constant "we know better than you, why don't you listen to us" among the left is not really helping you know. Treating someone like an idiot is never part of the solution.

I know a lot of people complaining about taxes going up all the time and thinking the rich must have got it worse, despite the fact being we're paying more taxes, so the rich can pay less.

Pretty much.
If you have more money, things with a fixed cost will take a lesser proportion of your income and therefore you will have more cash left over.
This is the basis for progressively increasing taxes with income levels. Problem with that is that you don't give incentives to studying or taking risks.
But of course, here you have a difference between the 1% and the 10%.

For example, if you look the latest Swedish budget you see a budget that punishes the lower class more than the higher ones since you increase the cost of gasoline and electricity as examples.
There are some tax raises on higher level income, but not significantly.
That is one thing Alliansen were smart about, tax cuts that effectively caused even low earners to get an additional month salary per year.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Svartvit posted:

It's a surprise if you've been avoiding reading newspapers for the past two years.

Surprise that SD was right or that organised begging exists?

Regardless, until next election the rest of the parties are going to have to live with SD being all :smugdog: and basically going "I told you so" to most things.
Going to be interesting to see how they deal with it, considering how few things actually stick to SD in terms of polling.
The same things we see with Trump now and his ability to ignore scandals is the same political position that SD managed to reach long ago.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

I must admit that they've gotten way better at dogwhistles over the years. The recent motion to supress media consolidation by "ethnic groups"(:godwinning:) being the latest example.

The last thing I have apparently missed?
Care to elaborate?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So "pure ethnic" Swedes will only be able to own 5% of the newspapers?
The stupidity of this is amazing.

Especially considering most of the Swedish newspapers will be dead within 5-10 years, where papers like SvD (Norwegian owned) and GP will probably go first.
Mittmedia recently said they would fire like 450 out of 600 journalists this year and next.
There are speculations that Aftonbladet will go all digital this or next year, which will also make Expressen go all digital (they have the same printing press).

If she were a little bit lot smarter she would just wait after next election, when Alliansen likely be in power with indirect support from SD.
Anyone going to be surprised when SD makes sure to cut pressstödet as well as other things related to culture in order to "save money"?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

freelancemoth posted:

Satanistiskt Initiativ

"Why settle for lesser Evil?"

:same:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

eightpole posted:

Flashback is down and none of my friends will stop talking about it

There is a TV debate among all the Swedish party leaders on at the time of your post. But we shouldn't talk about politics in this thread.

Also, not the first time Flashback is down.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

eightpole posted:

Who cares about Swedish politics tbh

Considering the debate was mostly discussing the result of the last election, that was two years ago, no one?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Åkesson was all like "environment concerns? naaah, not our concerns.

Too bad literally no one supports SD based on environmental concerns.
Also, what about that coal?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

One thing I noted in the debate was Löfvens deflections when it came to asylum seekers.
Leaving that issue aside, he constantly deferred to EU to handle regulations which accordingly would relieve him of responsibility for future policy changes since it is all EU.

While that is somewhat true, there are 2 issues with that argumentation.
1. Considering how asylum is handled in EU, that part will take a long time to happen.
2. Löfven is basically trying to transfer the blame to EU, making them the scapegoat.
That line of argumentation is pretty bad and we have seen the result already in Europe with Brexit and UK politicians blaming EU for everything bad.
He should also consider which parties in Riksdagen benefit from a negative opinion to EU i.e. V and SD.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

You really should give prop 2015/16:174 a read. Just page after page of the responsible government ministers answering "we're doing this because the EU minimum says so" over and over again when critiqued on the specifics by our courts, government agencies and civil society organizations. Doesn't matter that it's not true, that's the story they've decided on to sleep at night. Coincidentally, this has also been the answer provided whenever the issue has been brought up in interviews and debates since at least Almedalen.

It's loving pathetic.

I should do that.
Even while we probably don't agree whether the actions were necessary, we probably can agree on that these justifications are kinda bad and probably in the end, directly counter-productive.

Considering the massive PR campaign they did 2 months before the decision, I guess it would be a too massive loss of face to say " we were wrong" and instead they blamed EU.
Saying they were wrong would however have opened up a new line of questioning where it would become very obvious that they had information indicating what would happen several months in advance and then not acting on it.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

I once met a girl who voted for them because of their stand on animal rights.

Could just be a very desperate excuse tho.

You know who else was big on animal rights? :godwin:

Wild Horses posted:

They're right about nuclear power. And the military.
Still not going to vote for them but hey

Broken clocks and so on.
I wonder if what we are seeing in the west is the beginning of a break-up between neoliberals and conservatives, where the latter have started to realise they are not working towards the same goals any longer when socialism is all but dead.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Yeah pretty much? Triangulation has been a thing in both the right and left after all. The traditional left gave up redistribution and the role of the state while the traditional right in reaction gave up on conservatism and the role of the military.

And now everyone is triangulating versus the conservatives, which turns out to be rather hard since it was a group that have been neglected for a long time by both sides.
S conservative voters are literally dying off and M, C, KDs went SD when M, C went all liberal and progressive.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Yeah, Kent Ekeroth was caught crying over a sick calf. Clearly he's fit for office!

Or were you referring to a different nazi?

Holy poo poo, do you youngsters actually learn any form of history ?
You clearly don't know your Godwin.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So I guess we were jealous of Norways way of picking Nobel Prize Laureates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Du veit at ikke Norge deler ut alle nobelprisene, ikke sant?

Tongue in cheek doesn't go well on the internet apparently.
Also, the passive aggressiveness of Norwegians always cracks me up.

It was more a jab at the yesterdays Nobel Prize winner in literature, Bob Dylan, which caused a literal and glorious meltdown among Swedish "culture" journalists.
In some ways it is similar to Norway giving Obama, Kissinger and Arafat the Peace Prize for interesting reasons.
This year you did it well with the Columbian President (as well as not giving it to Farc).