Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
I had a small assignment regarding the founding of Stockholm in my History-class, the city Stockholm was first mentioned in some letter from 1252 or something, but it was founded before that. As to when, I'm not sure we know.
I've also heard of the "stock" theory for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

I too miss the days when you could go for a countyside drive in Skåne without getting kidnapped by a local band of warboys have hungering for your blood and engine.

I don't know man, have you ever been to the Sjöbo - Hörby area aka the real deep south?

Konec Hry fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 19, 2017

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

evilmiera posted:

Seeing posts on Facebook asking people to vote in a poll to ask the government to take responsibility for the attack a few days back. Which left me scratching my head. Responsibility for what? Security policy? The Swedish policy is about the same as the rest of Europe's​. Immigration policy? Up until a month or so before the attack he wasn't being sought for any kind of crime anywhere, though his deportation to Sweden is kind of weird. Like are people imagining S planned all this or do they not understand what responsibility means?

They've broken their own brains.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

Internment camp until death is uh, quite the punishment. :raise:

It's for the most heinous of all crimes: lying while being non-white.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Heinz Hynkel posted:

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/i/zLrpnK/den-svenske-gjengkrigen-131-skutt-og-drept-p%C3%A5-syv-%C3%A5r

What is going on in Sweden?

131 dead, 520 wounded. 1500 shootings (over 7 years). Bad aim for sure but still, what is rotten in Sweden? Why does this happen?
Is this a result of beautiful multi culture or is there another reason? We don't have this in Norway or Denmark so I find it kinda strange.

ofc, also gently caress sweden :-D

Just grow some balls and say what you really think.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Poil posted:

I hate election year. It's just a bunch of morons slobbering all over each other.

Not to mention the political campaigns! :rimshot:

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Your prime minister need to sharpen up and find real solutions.

Would you say that for example a kind of ”final” one is needed?

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

luminalflux posted:

Having high-schools having the students remote, but requiring the teachers to do remote teaching from the school instead of allowing them to be home, is dumb af.
(This might not be everywhere but deffo is at the school where my brother teaches)

It's like this at my workplace too - just send me home so I can play Animal Crossing work remotely!

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

GyverMac posted:

Dammit, barely ten posts in on our Scandinavian empire theory crafting and we are already considering appropriating foreign territory

EDIT: Have a nice picture:

Very beautiful! Where in Sweden is this? 🙂

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Det här må vara en Max-drivethru, men fan om du inte har en poäng.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kamrat posted:

Thanks now I have a craving for chokladbollar :argh:

Chokladbollar, eller som min kära mor kallar dom... inte chokladbollar.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Frekkie Melody posted:

What is she wearing?

Is that one of those "true traditional outfits of our people" that the fascists love to reminisce about in tradwife memes?

It's a pretty typical folkdräkt, right?

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Foodora + Systembolaget partnership when?

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Reading about the "rusreform" in Norway... Picturing me and my boys moving there, matching lusekoftor, buying 15 grams of fjord weed for 10,000 SEK... Paradise!

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Everyone should want this to be a reality, if only just to see what would happen if Scandinavian bureaucracy met "weed culture".

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

McCloud posted:

Yesssssssss

Pure salt and salmiak, I love it

Yep, it's great. Hands down the saltiest salmiak I have ever tasted, and, iirc, it is the saltiest salmiak there currently is. I do not doubt that that's true.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Beeswax posted:

I genuinely like having Cardiac in this thread.

Same. More Scanian representation is always good, even though it is of the (iirc) kranskommun-kind.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Alltså jag tycker "Vad Aftonbladets ledarsida nu anser infrias:" är så ofrivilligt(?) rolig text på en sån här meme

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Potrzebie posted:

he's way to good at what he does

It’s so sad that this is true because he posts worse than a GBS conservative from like 2004. Just pure dog poo poo quality posting, and one million plus of the most mediocre people you can imagine going crazy for it.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Okay I exaggerated a bit with one million.

And I mean, sure, absolutely every Swedish politician/”””wonk””” on Twitter is terrible no matter which party - for example every time Ali Esbati tries to use a meme - but no one can conjure that feeling of ”oh my god how can one man suck so bad just shut the gently caress up!!!” like Hanif can.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Feliday Melody posted:

I have no idea how people dare to screw around with illegal drugs in Sweden.

Being white and upper middle class. :)

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I still kinda have no idea what kratom actually is or does and I think I'm happier for it.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

anatomi posted:

I'm 36 and I'm planning to get my driver's license this year.

Same here, I made it my nyårslöfte even!

My plan is to just go to the closest driving school here in Malmö, slam my credit card on the desk and say ”I am almost forty, I can not go around asking family members for skjuts anymore. Just make it happen.”

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It will probably cost me around one million sek but you can’t put a price on vuxenpoäng.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Groda posted:

They ban skåningar too.

Vi klarar oss nog ändå.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

evil_bunnY posted:

And they've been getting their poo poo pushed in to bewildering degree.
Arming ukrainians with modern AT weapons is precisely the kind of thing that did/can make a difference to the outcome.

By that measure, any nation should just roll over when the local imperialists roll around?

Putin can have a little imperialism, as a treat

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Beeswax posted:

Jag är trådens enda MUP

Jag är MLP (militärt lagomintresserad)

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Inepta Lacerta posted:

What, no rolling yourself up in the floor mat and babbling about being a kåldolme? For shame.

My fathers friend in the 70s just answered ”Deep Purple” to every question they asked.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Worth a try. :shrug:

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
As a sidenote, in the Swedish youth school we have two forms of the subject
”Swedish”, Swedish (svenska, sve) and Swedish as a second language (svenska som andraspråk, sva).

The content of the courses are/should be the same, with the latter one having a more comparative style of teaching. For example when you’re teaching grammar a typical sva-assignment would be like ”In what ways are Swedish grammar and your mother tongues grammar similar and in what ways are they different?”

Is it the same way in i.e. Denmark?

Edit: I tried to do some research, is ”Dansk som andetsprog” similar?

Konec Hry fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Apr 24, 2022

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SplitSoul posted:

Going by the South Korean experience, the greatest concern with American bases would probably be a sharp uptick in local rape statistics.

We had some big American military boat docked in Stockholm or whatever and two sailors instantly got busted in a prostitution sting like the very same night

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

His Divine Shadow posted:

It wasn't really weird as a kid, we understood it. My parents were home cooking my own dinner and I'd just have to run back home to eat dinner, I didn't want to eat two dinners, my parents didn't wanna cook food for a kid that had already eaten and I didn't wanna eat my friends parents weird looking food anway. Why would I eat here when I gotta go soon anyway to eat dinner at home? If it was a sleepover or something, it's different.

This is another thing most of the world probably don't get, that kids could (stil can) and would, where this is a thing, basically run to other peoples houses on their own all the drat time and there's not been any formal invitations and the kids live close enough that they will hear their parents bellowing that it's dinner time. We also had dinner times to be back home for.

Yes, this is exactly how it was for me. Why the hell would anyone want to sit down with their friends family and eat their weird food. I mean this was Sweden in the 90's. Yeah I loved eating clumped up makaroner and ketchup while being forced to make small talk with my friends dad Lars / Bosse / Göran... We truly are monsters for denying people that experience...

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Matdags!

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Don't you motherfucker go disparaging Flygande Jacob!

I love it, actually. Such a great encapsulation of how I'd imagine the seventies were. It even has that perfect brownish color.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Remember reading somewhere about a designer tasked with designing cover art for Uggla who bumped into him randomly and, just to get a feel for what to design, asked him what the record would be like:

”Samma gamla skit.”

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
We’re buying F35s?

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Revelation 2-13 posted:

As far as people supporting putin/russia; outside this thread, I have only met one person who is mostly on the putin side since the war started, and he is a sad, conspiracy believing, nye borgerlige voting, mega dumbo. I think it’s probably different at different work places though.

The only person I’ve met IRL with a pro-Russian bias is the hyper edgelord at my work, neatly adding ”Putin is good” to his repertoir alongside ”feminism has gone too far”, ”the muslims are bleeding the Swedish tax payer dry”, and ”if you’re getting handouts from the government you should be forced to work outside picking trash”.

He’s like every bad opinion from 15 years ago rolled into one and I think he has trouble keeping up with the newer ones. Right now he’s on a crusade against the ”hen”-pronoun.

I’m glad he’s also a teacher 👍

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Etta vara sekreterare!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
On the 11th of September, I am going to put on a nice shirt, take a brisk walk to my local polling station with a smile on my face, and vote eleven times for Nyans.