Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sign me up, yes on PMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh cool a day I can finally post in.

##vote MG3 what up mang

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It sounds like there is a ball action that activates different roles depending on who it hits. I'm guessing there's a separate kill action on top of that, which got foiled by the ball.

Sounds kinda dumb but that's what I think anyway.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

Who cares? How does that matter?

Flavor is probably unique in this game but seeing as Jimson was the cabinet who knows what other parts the scum might have. I wouldn't really have thought the pinball cabinet would be scum.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

flavor is probably unique, sure, but has nothing to do with alignment, so scum can freely claim their flavor and not need to worry about being counterclaimed or exposed

Yeah I'm agreeing with you.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Since AR claimed his flavor I'd like to hear what the actual role does now. If you're that itchy to claim you may as well claim all the way.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

Additionally you posted 10 minutes before the turbo started, so the fact that you weren't around for the couple hours it took for the turbo to happen, but were around right before and right after it is suspect as hell

##vote AA

I like this, it is a good vote. Scum get quiet when the situation isn't going their way, it's often safer than jumping one way or another on a bandwagon against your buddy.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I am a 1 shot nexus, I targeted asiina, jakes vote is bullshit and these logic leaps you're all making are as well.

Your Personal Muse posted:

If scum withheld the nightkill and AA was the only one not to visit this particular person, and that person is a LR, it would make sense AA is scum

Both of these can't be true.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't randomly reassign all actions or redirect to me. Instead any actions targeting me get redirected to target player.

If there was a lightning rod in this game, there's no reason to think you wouldn't have targeted that person like everyone else did.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Y'all do this thing but I won't be part of it

Do you think YPM is lying?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Again if it was after a hard set in stone deadline I could understand the suspicion in the case. Game starts, I make a confirming post, do my thing in real life because why would I expect a turbo to happen in 2 hours of the game to be open or a scum to self vote in said turbo. I show up after everything I've needed to do for the evening was done, and see a player has happened. That's not suspicious, that's just timing. I work 9 to 6 monday through friday, commute home an hour, check the forums around dinner then take care of my fiancée and baby until they go to sleep where I then iron, wash things and then check the forums again. Sorry I didn't mail you all a copy of my nightly itinerary before signing up.

Despite your excuses, timing is everything. Nobody knows when you were or weren't around a computer, but if that window happens to coincide exactly with a scum member getting voted out it's going to look suspicious.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Vote me out I'm town and quickly losing patience with this game. Maybe you'll get lucky and the rest of the scum will vote themselves out like Jimson who shouldn't have even signed up for a game he wasnt going to participate in.

You seem mad. I'm not in a hurry to vote anyone out just yet. Take a break and come back and try to win the game for the town, if that's your alignment.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Vote me out I'm town and quickly losing patience with this game. Maybe you'll get lucky and the rest of the scum will vote themselves out like Jimson who shouldn't have even signed up for a game he wasnt going to participate in.

Also here's some genuine advice for you. If you are town, don't vocally complain day 2 about how bad the game is going if the town lynched scum on day 1. Actually, don't do it as any alignment, you look scummy when you sympathize with the scum team.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Im done checking this thread. You guys are idiots and honestly I expected to play an actual game not some idiotic me too poo poo show without any critical thinking or considerations.

Please do vote me out.

##vote AA

Anti town wah wah whatever.

This is sad. The town is winning and you're eager to quit?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Why would scum vote themselvss out on a rolling start vote? He could have defused it as those votes usually do end up defused but no, he self votes and gets hammered. He had no intentions in playing the game, my participation was a confirmation post because the game just loving started. holy poo poo.

By my count Jimson was already hammered before he self-voted.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TNL where is Mills as member #3 of his fan club I expect answers

Battle.net says afk for 9 hours. He plays a lot of Hearthstone these days or so I understand.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I thought Magnus was joking when he posted about Jimson. Not a suspicion I would want to pursue in any case.

Mechanics wise I think the AA situation is a wash. If I was the moderator and a lightning rod went off I would have ALL night actions redirected including the nexus, however it's possible CPig decided the nexus redirects the lightning rod ability. In any event it seems unlikely that AA was the nightkiller and it would be a bold and unusual move for the scum to withhold a kill on night 1 especially after losing a member.

I do think AA's meltdown was scummy, looked like scum complaining about having a rough start and getting caught. I still want to hold off on voting though to get a better sense of other players.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I would think that targeting someone to redirect anything hitting you to them would count as a targeting action. It's not my game though.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

if thats the case then standard redirectors would be trackable to 2 different people

I would think both their targets would be redirected to the lightning rod.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Redirecting potential kills onto scum is a town use of a Nexus power. It's the worst case scenario ability you could be targeted with, and the biggest way you could swing a game as Nexus is having scum kill themselves.

If you redirected an investigation on scum, then you claim Nexus and say who you redirected to, then either they get lynched or you get lynched and they follow you the next day.

The calculations of all that are different in a heavy redirect game of course.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm on a phone and can't conveniently reread but I'd be happy with a vote on Allen Wren, agree with whoever said his vote on Magnus looked for scum searching for a suspicion rather than a real held suspicion. I also distrust lurkers who make big catch-up posts, it's the way that scum lurk: self-consciously.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Would vote TNL for garbage posts.

No u

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Asiina is a pure lurker lynch despite whatever meta people want to use to justify it.

With that said after the day 1 of this game I imagine whoever the scum is they're probably somewhat demoralized to be a man down.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Its Jimson its not like he's a scum powerhouse

Even one man down makes the game a lot harder for scum to win.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Or you are thinking too hard and it was implied that the person I watched did not visit themselves

Ask CPig for the full list of people you saw visit your target.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That's impossible unless you were watching AA.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'd suggest asking CPig a third time. Mechanics-wise trackers and watchers see the same thing, trackers on the back end and watchers on the front end. There's no good reason why a tracker would see a player do nothing but a watcher would see them target themselves.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

CPIG just clarified because he thinks we are all morons, my target visited no one and was visited by everyone but tpink and AA

Sorry CPig, but when you say "everyone but AA" visited a target, your watcher is going to assume literally every other player but AA visited them, especially when they don't know who they are watching.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That pretty much clears up what happened last night. There's still always the possibility that AA's "nexus" is really an untrackable or something and simply wasn't seen targeting tpink like everyone else, for now I like AA for town and think the nexus claim makes sense for a game like this (plus he can't claim it again).

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Back to the voting.

My pick for scum is probably Allen Wren. His last post in the game has been two days ago and it was a Scum 101 catch-up post, with a fair amount of content to make it seem like Wren has opinions and is following the game. No posts since then, though he has made a few in other SA threads. I think he's scum lying low and waiting for a better time to enter the thread again, preferably a time where he won't become the center of attention 5 hours before a deadline.

##vote Allen Wren

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Welp I should have previewed.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

I am bad at having time to play (basically because of my schedule I can only read/post for a few minutes in the afternoon and then in the late late night when no one else is around, because I sleep in the day and work in the evening) and I have asked for a replacement. However, the replacement is not going to have my knowledge of what I did night one because they won't have my PMs.

Have you been replaced before? Any moderator worth their salt will tell you what your predecessor did at night.

quote:

And YPM's testimony here is useless, if not lies because of the nature of the game. He thinks he was looking at me. He was not looking at me.

I am a flipper, a basic redirector. I redirect one player's action to another. I redirected RF at Asiina last night because they were the first two names to pop into my head.

And now I have to go to work. Bleah.

Have you been reading the game at all?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Probably everyone has some kid of role.

Anyway, Allen Wren was reading the thread close enough to respond to YPM targeting him but not closely enough to see like three very important claim discussions. Reads to me like scum scanning the thread for his own name.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Someone feel free to sell me on an IllegallySober case. His play has looked fine to me, I haven't thought him scummy.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Give me the cliffs notes.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think all those points are reaching, nothing there is beyond how a town player would post.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm enjoying our national holiday so I'm not going to read the whole 5 pages here, but just blue sky thinking what if the lightning rod isn't someone's direct role. What if A can make B a lightning rod, or something like that? I feel like that makes more sense with YPM's result

The flavor basically states outright that the pinball hit the lightning switch or whatever. Makes sense in a game with so many redirects.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

no u

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

AA saying that kind of makes me want to switch my vote back to AA. Either he is protecting his scumbuddy or he knows IS is town and wants to be right here for town cred

Really, what's the strong element of the case against IllegallySober? I don't think the case is that great, the way you're presenting this post it's like you think IS is a slam dunk case that only scum wouldn't want to be a part of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

Its more that AA is only really voting defensively, and not making scum reads that don't pertain to people who voted for him when he had pressure on him. Now that the pressure is off him hes not really offering any scumhunting of his own, and he is just dismissing the casework of others with 0 explanation.

We're approaching the deadline. Anyone not working toward a consensus is doing it wrong. IS is the vote leader, do you expect AA to have nothing to say about him?

• Locked thread