Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
boop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm voting mg3 until he dies

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't get to do poo poo but good job fam.

JakeP posted:

if scum had a BP there is prolly a SK

not necessarily. There are a lot of redirect roles in this game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote AR

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't believe AR knows his action failed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

dont kill me I'm the ball launch

this is a very interesting game

Flavor claim at one vote less than an hour into the day? Come on.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Allen Wren posted:

fuckin' touchy, jesus

scum got run out, was a part of the table not dealing with ball movement. deadwood if you will.

guy claims a role that's actually part of the game mechanics.

seems relevant to me.

Please stop with flavor spec based on 1 flip.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I am a 1 shot nexus, I targeted asiina, jakes vote is bullshit and these logic leaps you're all making are as well.

What is the point of claiming this now holy poo poo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
YPM is dumb and pushing a really stupid case

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

He is saying he doesn't have a night action so that is why he didn't target the LR, which would mean every other player in the game has a night action and targetted the LR

JakeP posted:

actually I could see how that wouldn't be visiting them. I assume that redirectors visit the person they are targetting, and point them at a another player, so they wouldn't be visiting that third player

:confused:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't like "WELL YOU WERE HERE THEN YOU WEREN'T THEN YOU WERE" because this is an internet forum. I feel like this is a bad push.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Y'all do this thing but I won't be part of it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

Do you think YPM is lying?

No I think it's a dumb/bad case, based on really lovely reasoning and spec on how mod handles a very rare role. I think Jake's case is equally bad, and basing it on "oh hey you were around before and after the turbo pretty sus" is bad for an internet game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Vote me out I'm town and quickly losing patience with this game. Maybe you'll get lucky and the rest of the scum will vote themselves out like Jimson who shouldn't have even signed up for a game he wasnt going to participate in.

Wah. Jimson literally got turbo'd while half the game was afk or asleep. lol if you haven't self voted when you gettin turbo'd d1 tbh.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

I think the anger thing is extremely put on and fake. AA isn't some newb, he has been playing mafia games here for years. This isn't some super unreasonable pressure and he doesn't have enough votes to warrant this reaction.

This I agree with. I feel like AA's reaction is so far out there and he's actually mad at Jimson for being scumbro who died too early.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Im done checking this thread. You guys are idiots and honestly I expected to play an actual game not some idiotic me too poo poo show without any critical thinking or considerations.

Please do vote me out.

##vote AA

Anti town wah wah whatever.

bro are you like having a bad day or some poo poo? This is childish as gently caress and coming from me that's saying something. I'd happily vote you out for being a baby back bitch right now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
AA is at -2 can we not

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote AA It's the one shot that does it for me. I could almost believe the rest, but him calling it one shot sounds too much like a bluff

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Huh it didn't post my actual text. I said it'd be way more weird if it wasn't 1 shot. I think RF has bad reasoning

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to give AA a chance to quit his crying and play a game since he TOTALLY SIGNED UP TO PLAY MAFIA GUYS and was talkin poo poo at Jimson when Jimson didn't even self hammer he literally voted after it was over. Like how is he gonna give Jimson poo poo for self voting when it didn't matter and then vote for himself when it does matter? It's lovely, hypocritical at best and bitchy at worst

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Just loving vote me out. I'll be the lovely hypocritical bitch.

I mean I tried to defend you at first but hardcore victimization of yourself is just not productive

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

At this point you can at least make some conclusions from my push.

No we can't because 1 of the votes is you and rather than seriously interact you've dropped into full blown crybaby mode

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Oh I'm sorry, did my self vote override all the other lovely votes and casing on me. You absolutely can look back, don't be so dense.

No because other than Jake and YPM any other vote on you could easily be waved off as people sick of your poo poo like me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yeah you're being especially dense. There is commentary outside of those two.

They don't have to interact with your from your end fuckwit.

*people call you scum*
*you cry*
*other people vote you based on cases and poor reaction*
*you cry more*
*votes don't move*

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MG3 posted:

Oops not that last post by AA. I meant the self vote post

Makes no sense why is that a town play not a scum meltdown play?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I explain myself first, but everyone pretty much nuh uh, that cant possibly be true. He scum. So yeah I got irate so what. You have bitch fits all the time.

I've made it clear that if you're bitching to the point that I can call you a baby back bitch it's not a good thing

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

##vote Kashuno

He didn't want to participate in my lynch, probably for I told you so town credit.

This is the weirdest vote I've ever seen.

"WOW LOOK AT ALL THESE poo poo TIER CASES AGAINST ME NO ONE THINKS IN THIS GAME"
"Ok let me vote guy who agreed with me"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

You wanted to stop being a bitch and play :shrug:

We're the cases against you bad or not?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think AA's rage was either manufactured or a result of Jimson getting turbo'd. His case on me doesn't come from a logical town perspective and instead looks like he wants to try and shift focus onto a player who is known to get a lot of heat anyway

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

As lovely as I think AA's fit was, Nexus is both a plausible claim in this game and a really unlikely role to lie about having because I'd think a counterclaim would be highly likely.

I'd like to vote him out on principle but I just don't really see it.

Nexus is not an inherently town role. Do you think AA is town and why?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Allen Wren posted:

Oh jeez, I forgot how bad working nights is for mafiaing.

I can't possibly begin to comment on the actual mechanical argument, I've never heard of a nexus and I'm confused utterly by what's been written so far about it.

I'm wavering back and forth on AA's meltdown looking townish or not, I've definitely gone the gently caress off based solely on what (to everyone else) looks like a couple of basic-rear end questions. I'm not ready to vote him, especially considering we just came down off a ridiculous successful turbo and now it's the time that people strap in and start playing FOR REAL. I can see getting riled by getting (what you think is) grilled when you've barely sat down to play---but I'm gonna keep watching.

Mags is playing dumbly. Unhelpful. He's better than this. I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he flipped town, just on numbers, but come the gently caress on---either wise up or admit you're not paying attention.

The main thing that's digging at me about day one is what I know about Jimson as scum, specifically Jimson disrespecting the flow of a game. I was gung-ho to punch his ticket, but I'm wondering if I got played, like, he knew people would be pretty okay with him being turboed because of his reputation. This obviously points the finger at YPM, but I'm not happy about that argument either.

So, the next reasonable thing I think to think of is who's lurking? Well, there's three active players with single-digit postcounts, myself, RF and Dawny. Not much to work with thus far, but they're probably names to float on the suspicion list. Yeah, even mine, what, you think I'm going to hedge that, all "oh it's not me obviously", that's stupid. "I'm town!" is a given in any gameplay post.

All that said, for right now I'm liking a ##vote MG3 maneuver.

"Sure wouldn't be surprised if this guy is town...I'm gonna vote him!!"

This is illogical and shows AW is just tying to say words and look like they're thinking critically when really they're just spouting nothings. Notice how he he goes out of his way to hint that MG will probably flip town, and is voting them based on...being dumb? I don't get what he's trying to say about Jimson and mentioning him at all is obfuscation because he was a d1 turbo there isn't much to get off of that. No idea why that points to YPM. How can you "not like an argument" when you are the only person making it? If you don't like it, why mention it at all? To say words with no meaning. He then makes a lurker call out less than 24 hours into d2 after a fast d1 turbo, and it, again, apparently has no relevance to anything since AW doesn't see it as meaningful.

##vote AW

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
does anyone like my case against AW

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Your Personal Muse posted:

There was a pretty hefty amount of activity yesterday. It reads more like someone who read through and really doesn't know what to think but puts their thoughts down anyway, which is what i do all the time

Except their thoughts are "Eh. No read on AA. Mags probs town but I will vote him. No read on YPM. No read on lurkers."

and no comment about Jake P's case..?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I think AA's meltdown because two people had kind of lovely cases in him is odd

I agree with that too. His vote on me is garbage and I would vote AA when we approach deadline

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

What is this saying? You've been making these kinds of posts all game. Who is scum? Who is town?

:yeah:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
dongsbot play the game or don't post thanks

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dongsbot 9000 posted:

youre not my dad

ya I'm not dealing with this all game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MG3 posted:

Another one bites the dust

how do you feel about AW's vote on you?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nexus can be either alignment stop using a nexus justification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I figured, if someone made a NK on me maybe I could redirect to someone else I thought was scum. Your Ah-ha! relies on me thinking Asiina also would be the one to make the NK, which I wasn't betting on. In any case, I didn't think it through all that much. I'm a blow your load type of guy.

This is bizarre. "I thought Asiina was scum but there's NO WAY she could've been the one to do the kill!!!"

• Locked thread