Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Boob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

I'm voting mg3 until he dies

Good luck doing that while you're probated

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Hey kash if your iq is less than 70 don't post at all for the next 3 hours

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

That last post by AA leads me to believe he is probably town.

I don't think YPM is scum for pursuing him, just incorrect.

I think JakeP is town.

I think Jimson is scum

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Oops not that last post by AA. I meant the self vote post

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

Makes no sense why is that a town play not a scum meltdown play?

Just the way the post reads. It's hard to explain, but it makes me feel pretty sure it's town anger.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

YPM I think you're wrong and a large portion of your case is setup spec

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Your Personal Muse posted:

Also why do you think Jimson is scum we are waiting to hear your case

He's a major lurker that was turboed day one and flipped scum lol

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Perfect so how about you tell me how my case is setup speculation apart from targetting someone necessitating visiting them?

Because it probably doesn't work that way you say it does

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Or maybe it does work the way you say it do, but it don't

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

None of it. There is more?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I'll admit I typically only skim posts on players that I've already made up my mind on

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

You get a lot of heat? Usually that doesn't happen for as many games as you have played

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Absurd Revolver posted:

ur caught scum just give up now and present yourself to slaughter

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Retro Futurist posted:

You think nexus is a role with a high chance of being counter claimed?

On nights where a nexus type event occurs, if someone claims it and they're lying then the person who actually did it would counter.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I posted it on purpose, I was aware Jimson was scum.

I was semi-facetiously posting that I thought he was scum. I did intend it as a joke, but also as a litmus test of sorts, to see who's actually reading posts closely.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Jake look at this bullshit

lmao, yes very bs.

Jimson flipped scum in a D1 turbo. I threw his name in there to see who would read my post and agree and who would call me out.

You're the first to call me out, and I made that post a while ago.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Actually Jake called you out immediately Mr. Testing People to See Who's Reading Closely

Whatever. Still doesn't change the impetus behind my post, and my thought process behind making that post. You either believe that I put the Jimson part in on purpose as a joke and then left it in to see who'd notice, or you don't believe that.

I know why your data might be corrupted last night, which is why I didn't believe your case on AA.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I included in my post 3 (maybe four I don't feel like checking for sure) opinions on players in this game, then I threw in an "opinion" on Jimson (who'd already flipped scum) saying "I thought he was scum".

If you think that making that post is scummy, then I wonder how other games of mafia go for you. :)

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Although I don't see how someone can form an opinion on Jimson...even forgetting the flip its not like he did anything.

That was the joke "I think he's scum guys" when he's already flipped scum and there was no way anyone knew he was scum when he was getting lynched.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

ya I'm not dealing with this all game

Another one bites the dust

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

how do you feel about AW's vote on you?

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever and is opportunistic. I'd say it's a scummy vote

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

dongsbot 9000 posted:

oh wow kashuno happens to have a brilliant insight that i already beat him to too bad he blocked me i guess thats proof he came up w/ it all by himself o w8 yea right what a dumbo

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

the point of blocking dongsbot was to not read his posts :sun:

That's why I'm quoting them :sun:

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

But I don't want to see them

But I want you to see them because I am evil

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Also what's the metacase on Asiina

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

JakeP posted:

Asiina pushed hard enough for the jimson lynch that I wouldnt vote her today

Scum distancing?

##vote asiina

Let's find out

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

What I meant is he's distancing himself from his teammates lynch if Asiina flips scum. That's how I read that post

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Yes lol :d

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I typed the post up quickly at work.

I misspoke somewhat. What i meant was, there is nothing to support any claim that anything Asiina has done is towny (she has three posts). Jake claiming her posts are townie enough that he'd not vote her today seems odd. Like a scum teammate trying to dissuade from a teammates lynch

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

But Asiina was really the only one close to pushing the lynch, and there is nothing in there to call her scum except for a meta read.

Pushing a joke lynch is not a town tell, even if it was on a scumbo.

Think about it.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I guess generally speaking, but I think in this particular game, with the way Asiina went about it where it was a joke but it was a joke that would induce people to vote, it is.

Like a jokevote normally does not induce people to vote. But this one did. I think that difference makes it a town tell.

I think the reception of a post is not something someone can control.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

So if I were to push the lynch of literally every scum but one and get them lynched, I would not be town because I couldn't guarantee people would vote for me? That's kind of dumb.

Of course you can't control it, but if you push for it than your intention becomes clear. Her intention was to both make a joke AND to actively push a Jimson lynch.

Well I thought you were saying that there are joke votes and then there are joke votes that get traction. I was saying that a joke vote is a joke vote no matter if the lynch it pushes gains traction.

If a scum joke voted a teammate and it gained traction, then what are they to do other than continue to push that lynch? They can't suddenly go against it without bringing suspicion upon themselves, so they go forward with it.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

IllegallySober posted:

Seems like Jimson gets voted out pretty early most games, though, so that would not be the joke vote I'd make in her spot with Jimson on her team, theoretically.

Is that true? I've not played enough recently to know any metas

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

It didn't gain traction accidentally. She joined the lynch and then pushed it at a time when it was most likely to fail (at -1) in a way that, while in the form of a joke, was actively seeking to lynch Jimson. She didn't vote, it gain traction, and then she pushed it after that, it already had traction and she basically made it a sure thing.

Yeah but what would a scum member have done differently? Lurk?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Jimson is a poo poo player who I think in one game listed all of his scum team. That's why I was saying earlier that I do not believe that the scum team would have a problem losing Jimson, which is why I don't give Asiina a ton of town cred for pushing the lynch.

Which game did he do that in, that sounds like it was probably pretty funny.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Absurd Revolver posted:

NYC '77 I think?

Was that a wins32767 game?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

My imaginary friend died the other day, jokes about death are not cool

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Asiina posted:

Oh hey, I'm out all day and now there's 250 posts.

I will catch up but I will not be able to post a single time tomorrow as it's Canada Day and I plan on being out and having fun.

Canada day? sounds made up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I don't actually remember your logic and I don't care. Its irrelevant if you used Asiina as a reason. I am saying that someone could have used it.

Its not relevant to this argument no, but it is relevant.

IllegallySober posted:

Actually, if we're being technical, I'm pretty sure the hammering vote was mine, and we already went over my logic for that.

Pretend I "forgot" about your logic behind that vote would you mind restating it for me?

• Locked thread