Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Heath posted:

Have you considered not playing video games at all?

But how else is he supposed to view the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender

Nonviolent J posted:

Pls explain the story more

Bonerfarts. There are enemies called bonerfarts.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

natetimm posted:

Lords of Everquest and yes, I played it. Was extremely mediocre.

Was it a Lords of the Realm or HOMM rip off? Because those were also very bleh games and fit with the Everquest theme v nicely.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

paco650 posted:

Was it a Lords of the Realm or HOMM rip off? Because those were also very bleh games and fit with the Everquest theme v nicely.

No, a warcraft 3 ripoff. With leveling heroes and everything.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Marketing New Brain posted:

This game actually owns, but like all old school Nintendo platformers you needed the patience to master it or a game genie. If you didn't enjoy jumping around a forest impaling everything on your boner, there is probably no hope for you.

It's not a platformer? http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/wizards-warriors

It's also not that bad. Very old-school though.

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender

Docahedron posted:

Daikatana. :)

Sounds like Romero made you his bitch :smug:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Wiizards and warriors was pretty great. Lots of different things you could get to make the game different (although that levitating potion was way too powerful).
Different levels, too... sometimes you were trying to climb, other times trying to sidescroll, and other times just exploring a large area.

Ironsword was unbelievable poo poo, however.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Spelunker is a poo poo game that has a big Japanese fan base, probably for the same reasons people look back with fondness on the garbage Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th games, but the Japan-exclusive Spelunker 2 was made by Irem (the R-Type people) and is actually cool and playable. It even has an early morality system where you can lose or gain "Holy" points by doing certain actions. Killing a sacred deer will destroy your holiness but drops deer meat, which is a full heal. Robbing graves can net you health and ammo and always gives you a hint, but lowers your holiness. If your holiness is high enough you can use a Rosary item that owns undead enemies, and if you fall in a pit, Satan kicks you out of hell because you're not evil enough to be there. If your holiness isn't high enough it's an instant game over.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Heath posted:

Spelunker is a poo poo game that has a big Japanese fan base, probably for the same reasons people look back with fondness on the garbage Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th games, but the Japan-exclusive Spelunker 2 was made by Irem (the R-Type people) and is actually cool and playable. It even has an early morality system where you can lose or gain "Holy" points by doing certain actions. Killing a sacred deer will destroy your holiness but drops deer meat, which is a full heal. Robbing graves can net you health and ammo and always gives you a hint, but lowers your holiness. If your holiness is high enough you can use a Rosary item that owns undead enemies, and if you fall in a pit, Satan kicks you out of hell because you're not evil enough to be there. If your holiness isn't high enough it's an instant game over.

tell us more

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Eador: master of broken worlds.
So promising but the ai is broke as gently caress.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

You can be a cool explorer or a priest or an anime psychic man. The explorer gets a gun so he is the best choice by far

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's not a platformer? http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/wizards-warriors

It's also not that bad. Very old-school though.

Oh my god the Nintendo platformers has an ampersand instead of the word 'and', yeah that game looks like rear end.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Marketing New Brain posted:

Oh my god the Nintendo platformers has an ampersand instead of the word 'and', yeah that game looks like rear end.

actually it rules

:getin:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

In what other game can you play as a rare pepe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Joe Man posted:

actually it rules

:getin:

I really wanted to like Wizards & Warriors, but I was never able to get too far. On a similar note, I actually bet the last Wizardry game, but I can't say I enjoyed myself playing it. Dunno why i spent so much time on it, really.

• Locked thread