Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

This is Joe. Joe is a perfectly ordinary fifteen year old boy. But like all of us, Joe has many facets. Today, we are going to decide who Joe becomes.

Welcome to Joe Mafia, a roles-moderate setup for eighteen players in which you will each play as an aspect of Joe's personality.

Usual mafia rules apply. Breaking any of these can result in anything from a warning to a modkill.
  • No talking out of thread unless your role PM states otherwise.
  • No posting screenshots from any chat documents.
  • No toxxing, daring, etc.
  • No faked day actions.
  • No posting anything from your role PM or attempting to use your role PM to confirm yourself (e.g. claiming how many capital letters are in it)
  • Keep it civil. Being a dick can be a tactical decision, but don't take it too far.
  • Closed nights, twilight posting is permitted.
  • If you post less than ten times in a game day, you are ON NOTICE for a day. If you post less than ten times in a day while ON NOTICE, you may be lynched without ending the day phase during the next day.
  • No deadposting aside from generic cheerleading.

Players
  1. Absurd Revolver
  2. Alasdair Crawfish
  3. Anomalous Amalgam
  4. [Asiina
  5. CCKeane
  6. dongsbot 9000
  7. Ernie.
  8. imgay
  9. Infinitum
  10. Jedit
  11. JimsontheBetrayer
  12. Kashuno
  13. Kasumeat
  14. MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
  15. Moatillata
  16. Pinterest Mom
  17. The Ninth Layer
  18. Your Personal Muse

Replacements:

Sample role PM:

quote:

You are part of Joe's Subconscious!
You're just a random piece of Joe's mind. Nothing special, sorry.

You are a Vanilla! Your only power is your vote.

You are Joe-aligned! You win when there is no threats to Joe's personality.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Li Dawny posted:

Depending on when this fills, I will sign up because it actually sounds kinda fun.

Putting you down as tentative, I'll flip you a PM when it's full and ask if you're still interested.

Seven more signups!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ernie. posted:

with li dawny that makes this a full game, unless the mod is racist against people whose names sound like laundry detergents

given that Li Dawny's life is too hectic to play (I PMed her to ask) and Asiina backed out, I still need two players. :(

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

tbh I'm kinda tempted to cut a VT and make one of the remaining ones bulletproof just so I can start

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

sweet I'll send role PMs out after this overwatch game

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Today is Joe's first day at his new high school. He's left pretty much all his old friends behind, and he's pretty nervous about making new ones and creating a good impression. Who knows what could go wrong? Taking a deep breath, he walks in through the front door.

Day 1 begins.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Your Personal Muse posted:

Alright I'll post it

PM

Hi YPM this is your real PM you are real good at mafia I love you you are town and everyone loves you

Love
SSV

wow how dare

ypm, the joe-aligned best player ever was modkilled day 1 (not really)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Just remembered to put votefinder in the OP.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

During history class, Joe's teacher asked if anyone knew the original cause of World War I. Joe's hand shot up. He knew this one! But when the teacher asked him, his mind drew a complete blank. He stammered out some nonsense, and the teacher shook his head and sniggering was audible around the class. Not a good start to his new school.

JimsontheBetrayer, part of Joe's subconscious, Joe-aligned Vanilla was forgotten on Day 1.

Give me your night actions. If you have an action and would like to withold it, please let me know so I know not to be waiting for you.

Alasdair Crawfish, TheNinthLayer and Jedit all posted less than ten times and are ON NOTICE. If they post less then ten times on day 2, they will be freely lynchable without ending the day on day 3.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 5, 2016

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Votecount for Day 1

JimsonTheBetrayer (10): Kashuno, Pinterest Mom, imgay, Infinitum, Asiina, Moatillata, The Ninth Layer, Kasumeat, Your Personal Muse, CCKeane
dongsbot 9000 (3): Kashuno, Asiina, Ernie., Asiina, Alasdair Crawfish, Kashuno, Kashuno, Kasumeat, JimsonTheBetrayer, Kashuno, JimsonTheBetrayer, dongsbot 9000, Kasumeat
Jedit (3): Kasumeat, Absurd Revolver, Kasumeat, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Pinterest Mom, Kashuno, Kashuno, Pinterest Mom, Anomalous Amalgam
imgay (1): Jedit, Alasdair Crawfish, CCKeane, Alasdair Crawfish, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Your Personal Muse, Kashuno, Infinitum, Kashuno, Jedit, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Infinitum, JimsonTheBetrayer, Your Personal Muse, CCKeane
Your Personal Muse (0): Ernie., Ernie., The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer
Infinitum (0): JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer
Asiina (0): dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000
Absurd Revolver (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Kashuno (0): Absurd Revolver, dongsbot 9000, Infinitum, Pinterest Mom, Infinitum, Absurd Revolver, dongsbot 9000, Pinterest Mom, JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer
CCKeane (0): Asiina, Asiina

Not Voting (1): Jedit

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 05th, 2016 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 5, 2016

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I started sending PMs but then I realised that one person actually hasn't sent an action, MY BAD. So a couple players get a ~special preview~ of what happened in the night.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

A year has passed since that embarrassing first day. Joe is 16 now, and the cool kids have dared him to smoke a cigarette. Surely this is a bad idea... Nah, if they're cool then it'd make him cool!

Asiina, Joe's Wariness, Joe-aligned Miller/PGO has been pushed from his mind during Night 1.

quote:

You are Joe's Wariness!

A bit of wariness can keep someone safe. Not everyone is trustworthy, and you're the part of Joe which is suspicious of everything. Of course, paranoia has a bit of a bad rap and makes you look bad.

You are a Miller/Paranoid Gun Owner. If investigated, you will show up as Not Joe aligned, and you have the ability to go on alert on any night you choose. While on alert, anyone who visits you will die and you are protected.

It was half an hour before Joe stopped coughing.

Day 2 begins.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Players on notice: Alasdair Crawfish, Jedit, The Ninth Layer.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CCKeane posted:

You have all the wit of a church fart and none of the warmth.

I'm going to remember this one.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I knew I was forgetting something.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

tempted to modkill anyone who inserts a colon into their votes :colbert:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Joe was kind of nervous about the pills that the doctor told his mother to give him. He wasn't crazy, right? He didn't feel crazy and he didn't want the other kids to laugh at him for taking crazy person pills. But... Doctors are usually right about this kind of thing.

Moatillata, Joe's Psychosis, Psychosis-aligned Serial Killer was treated on Day 2.

quote:

You are Joe's Psychosis!

Lots of people are a little bit crazy. Joe included. But if you remove the other aspects of his personality, well then all that's left will be crazy.

You are a Serial Killer! Once per night, you can target another player and attempt to kill them. You can also withold the kill and become Investigation-Immune for the night.

You are Psychosis-aligned. You win when you are the sole aspect of Joe's personality or nothing can prevent this.

Alasdair Crawfish may be freely lynched without ending the game day tomorrow.

Night 2 begins, gimme dem actions.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

something something forgot something important I'm too tired to write flavour

Your Personal Muse, part of Joe's Subconscious, Joe-aligned Vanilla was pushed from his mind during night 2.

Day 3 begins.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh right. Alasdair can be lynched without ending the day.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

While Joe was walking along the street, he turned a corner just in time to see a man tripping forward. He recognised the face of a kid who bullied him a few years ago, and in the brief moments he had before he toppled over a part of him wanted to just watch him fall and laugh.

Quickly he stepped forward to catch him and stop his fall. Brushing off the ex-bully's thanks as nothing the two exchanged numbers and Joe went on, feeling better about himself.

Alasdair Crawfish, Joe's Spite, Self-destruction aligned Assassin was overcome during day 3.

quote:

You are Joe's Spite.

You're that little urge that Joe sometimes has to be an rear end in a top hat. With the power of your spite, you can ensure that nothing stops you from removing an aspect of Joe's personality.

You are an Assassin! If you perform the nightkill, it will ignore all protections.

You are Self-destruction aligned! You win when the self-destructive aspects of Joe's personality hold full domination over him. You may communicate with your scumbros in this document: http://haha.no/nicetry

Day 3 continues.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jedit posted:

Might want to move Alasdair to the dead heap there. It's 13 alive and 7 to lynch.

I have. That was the "votes at the time of lynch" count.

It's not allowing me to post another votecount, so here have a manual one.

Votecount for Day 3

Infinitum (1): Kashuno
Kashuno (1): Infinitum

Not Voting (11): Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, dongsbot 9000, Ernie., imgay, Jedit, Kasumeat, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Pinterest Mom, The Ninth Layer

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 12th, 2016 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 11 hours.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It has been pointed out to me that Anomalous Amalgam made less than ten posts yesterday. I must have miscounted.

AA is on notice.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Today was a good day. Today was brownie day! Once a month brownies got served in the cafeteria, and you had to get to them quickly. Unfortunately Joe got a bit delayed, and by the time it was his turn.. Oh wait, there was two left! Eagerly he grabbed one and reached out for the second, but then paused. Even though most of his buddies got two, he wasn't the only one who hadn't had any. Reluctantly he withdrew his hand and moved on.

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Joe's Greed, Self-destruction aligned Self-redirector was overcome during day 3.

quote:

You are Joe's Greed.

You're the part of Joe that wants it all. And you can take it all. You can shift the direction of what aspects of his personality do to yourself.

You are a Self-Redirector! Once per night, you may select a player and force them to target you. They will not know that they have been redirected.

You are Self-destruction aligned! You win when the self-destructive aspects of Joe's personality hold full domination over him. You may communicate with your scumbros in this document: http://still.nope

Night 3 begins. Gib actions pls.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Two years later, Joe is eighteen.

At his part time job, something goes wrong with the cash register and it refuses to open. Instead of getting the manager, he thinks he can fix it. Staring at the interface, he starts pushing random buttons and ends up just loving everything up worse so even the manager can't get it working again.

Joe got fired.

Jedit, part of Joe's subconscious, Joe-aligned Vanilla was pushed from his mind during night 3.

The Ninth Layer, Joe's critical thinking skills, Joe-aligned Cop was pushed from his mind during night 3.

quote:

You are Joe's Critical Thinking!

You're the part of Joe that tries to analyse everything he sees and find out how things work. You can tell when something's wrong, and try to fix it.

You are a Cop! Once per night you may PM me a target to investigate. You will get Joe or Not Joe results.

Day 4 begins.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Anomalous Amalgam is freely lynchable.

Ernie. is on notice... I think. I didn't think to screenshot postcounts at the end of each day like podima did. :(

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Due to the early hammer, I am leaving on notice/freely lynchable status as is.

Today, Joe just didn't want to get out of bed. There was a big assignment to do, but eh.. Why bother?

dongsbot 9000, Joe's Willpower, Joe-aligned Empowerer was forgotten during day 4.

quote:

You are Joe's Willpower!

You're the part of Joe which wants to make things happen, and the strength to make it so. With effort, you can make everyone try their best.

You are an Empowerer! Once per night you may PM me a target to empower. If the target has a power, they may use it twice in the next night. Note: If you target a scum player with a non-kill power, they will be able to use the power on top of making the night kill OR use their non-kill power twice. Scum will not be able to get two night kills out of this.

Night 4 begins.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Joe woke up one morning and realised that he didn't give a drat about his future. He remembered as a child he had wanted various things. Firstly to be a scientist, then a cop, then an astronaut but right now he didn't really care.

Absurd Revolver, Joe's Aspiration, Joe-aligned Universal Backup Serial Killer was pushed from his mind during night 4.

quote:

You are Joe's Aspiration!

Joe can do great things one day. He can be anything he wants to be. That's what you keep telling him. You can be anything too!

You are a Selective Backup! When a player has died and flipped, you may PM me to inherit their role as a night action. Starting from the next night, you will gain their power. You may do this to a player of any alignment, but your alignment will not change and you will not gain access to the scum factional nightkill.

Day 5 begins.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Due to being awful at keeping count, I am resetting on notice status and will be using screencaps of the postcount to keep track.

However, due to the late stage of the game, posters with less than five posts per day will skip on notice and go straight to being freely lynchable. Less than ten will remain as is.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I just woke up so I'm being lazy about this but one day Joe realised that little voice inside his head that always told him he was a failure and that he couldn't do anything right was gone!

Kasumeat, Joe's Self-Doubt, Self-Destruction aligned Framer was overcome during day 5.

quote:

You are Joe's Self-Doubt.

You're the voice inside Joe that tells him that he's not good enough, he's destined for failure. You're so persuasive that you can even convince his own mind that there's something wrong.

You are a Framer! Once per night you may target a player and cause them to appear as scum to any investigations.

You are Self-destruction aligned! You win when the self-destructive aspects of Joe's personality hold full domination over him. You may communicate with your scumbros in this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XeOGQjpL8129ZLjhm58zwDm6KT3VbCkSVpoq8rscqog/edit?usp=sharing

Night 5 begins.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

everyone except kashuno and infinitum is on notice apparently

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Joe woke up feeling perfectly ordinary. No better or worse than the night before.

Day 6 begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Beep. Beep. Beep. The alarm going off stirred Joe from his sleep. Reaching out he hit the snooze button.

At least, that's what usually happened. It was 8am, and Joe realised that if he let himself he'd probably be asleep til 11. Groaning, he pulled himself out of his bed.

Infinitum, Joe's Laziness, Self-destruction aligned Roleblocker was overcome during day 6!

quote:

You are Joe's Laziness.

Why bother with anything? You are the part of Joe that just wants to sit around and do nothing, letting the world pass them by. Unfortunately for Joe, you can afflict the rest of him with this lethargy and prevent him from getting anything done.

You are a Roleblocker! Once per night you may target another player and prevent them from taking any action.

You are Self-destruction aligned! You win when the self-destructive aspects of Joe's personality hold full domination over him. You may communicate with your scumbros in this document:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zLcti4vaALc4RCmj3pgmhqHHfRp8zcYPdK-n9gTSe0Y/edit?usp=sharing

Joe has overcome his self-destructive traits and town has won the game!

moddoc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q6uONewDmwbT1M1J9SFNjtUaQEqXMTITBi-2R3HRc8o/edit?usp=sharing
-------------------------------------------------

So, I kinda hosed up this in three ways.

1) I tried to experiment with the idea of not replacing anyone at all, instead using Podima's system. This resulted in the scumteam essentially being two players.
2) As well as this, I hosed up even using the system because I forgot to take screencaps of the postcounts.
3) I should have either removed the Watcher or the Doctor from the town. Scumteam was underpowered as well as losing half their members to lurking.

• Locked thread