Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

with li dawny that makes this a full game, unless the mod is racist against people whose names sound like laundry detergents

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

sweet I'll send role PMs out after this overwatch game

hello ... it is i, the part of joe that hates overwatch

give me a second to find that part of joe that vocalizes hatred so that i could appropriately let you know how bad you are!!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hey everyone, as the first person here, i am now our leader.

you can't argue with this logic, because i've seen inside out

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kashuno posted:

i hate mafia but I'm stuck here now ##vote dongs die faster.

no no, be careful, you can't eliminate dongs. that's linked to the part of joe that likes puns!!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kashuno posted:

i hate joe

oh dear,someone's not very self-aware

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

wait, but kashuno and i are the same person. oh no, am i not self-aware?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Your Personal Muse posted:

I hate Joe because deep down I know how fake I am

well ... that's a fakeclaim if i've ever seen one

##vote ypm

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i really hope that this game turns into something cool

like that we can find heteronormativity or racism within joe and kill them

but if not ... we can just settle for killing kashuno

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Confirming I'm nothing special, although freud or jung would disagree... :colbert:

ah, joe's sense of modesty

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

I am a miller.

Also dongsbot is in this game

##vote dongsbot

Kashuno posted:

Can we all just turbo dongs? He's the least useful Mafia player on these forums

someone fill me in...

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

He's imgay 2.0

He will not participate the entire game.

you mean CPig 3.0?

alright! let's get rid of whichever part of joe is accidentally being apathy ##vote dongs

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

imgay posted:

I got a pretty lame part of joe

so you're a taint both irl and in the game? wow sucks to be you

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i am the scum, you caught me!!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

how did you all know?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

O I'm still alive in this game

Thought for sure I'd be cuddled after scum claiming

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Well in that case ##vote ninth

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

Honestly I can barely muster up the same fire in Mafia games myself. Used to be this game would make me lose sleep if I thought I had a really good suspicion or if I was having a really good scum game. Times change :(

At least there's still politics to fire me up, and unlike Mafia everyone is scum so plenty of arguing!

I know exactly what you mean ninth. I used to take a break from hanging out with friends to see how flips turned out.

Now I'm all like "ugh the vast majority of these are such bad cases and the worst part is some of them have to be right who cares"

Btw I thought you were scum based on something you said yesterday, I forget what. I'll have to read back.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

My only online activity is trolling.

This is a lie. Keane is incapable of any activity at all.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

I feel like there are a lot of cases floating around that are just sliding by me. If you think you have a good case please sum it up and I will take a look at it.

hmm i re-read and i disagree with myself. what i saw as unwillingness to be dragged into the conversation was just indifference. ##unvote

i do think the couple of cases and lines of logic keane is taking are all fabricated as all hell though

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

gently caress, I'm feeling Jedit hard now. Lot of effort to shift away from him.

like this is all just pointless grandstanding. either vote for jedit or don't. the only thing this post achieves is create a playing narrative, rather than advance any case in any way whatsoever.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

and your case on jedit is that you are voting and casing kash? :)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

look, i'm just asking you to clarify your case on jedit. can you do that?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

My case on jedit is that I am very uncomfortable with the shift away from Jedit that seems to have brewed and has happened without good cases (except mine, on Kash) having been made and without a good defense happening. That often happens when player is scum since scum are motivated to continue nailing town to the wall and if momentum exists it is in their interest to push it.

You're welcome for the mafia 101 lesson that'll be 250 dollars.

Ah now I understand. Can you, in no uncertain terms, list three players (other than yourself of course) who shifted momentum away from Jedit (and therefore could be hypothetical scum)?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

I don't know can you print out one of your posts and eat it?!

i'm going to turn you into an olympian mental gymnast

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

RAWR I AM KEANE. I AM JUST GOING TO SAY CATCHY-SOUNDING STUFF.

I HATE KASHUNO. KASHUNO BAD. WHAZZAT? SOMEONE ELSE IS SUSPICIOUS?! WHAZZAT? JUST LIKE I WASNT CONVINCED BY THAT CASE OTHER PEOPLE MIGHT NOT BE? WELL I GUESS THAT CASE MUST BE RIGHT!! BECAUSE SCUM!! HIDING OUT OF PLAIN SIGHT!! I KNOW THESE THINGS BECAUSE!!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Moatillata posted:

The rationale for this is jedi's mafia dadding or the fact that he unvoted right before?

this is the post moatillata is referencing. they are in fact bringing attention to the case and discussing it. they're giving AR an opportunity to talk about it.

the opposite of just shooting it down.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

so your list is

Ninth, Moatillata, YPM AND/OR Jedit AND/OR Kashuno.

Ninth said he WOULD vote Jedit btw. YPM is actually casting shade on Kasumeat (who in retrospect went for the WELL SIR THAT'S NOT FOR THE GOOD OF THIS HERE TOWN INNIT hilarious approach) and Moat just wanted clarification and then clarified that they wanted clarification.

So in essence ... people interacted with the case presented.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

You have all the wit of a church fart and none of the warmth. Leave the japes to the professionals.

i want you to be scum so bad for this one :(

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Im not going to type everything up again on my tablet, but yes, ninth said he would vote Jedit. You can say whatever you want, and saying you'd vote Jedit them juking to Meds is hedgey as gently caress.

I dont think everybody is scum, but there is enough of an effort to shift it away that I think it's scummy that it is happening.

i think we just disagree on why lots of people stayed away from that particular case (jedit's). it just seemed odd to me that you were simultaneously pursuing kash (who pulled away from jedit towards you) and complaining that there was distraction away from jedit. it came off as you putting the cart before the horse to cut off a particular conversation. but in retrospect you've been pretty internally consistent.

also i think you might be turning things into too black or white. i don't think ninth was hedging at all. after all there is more than one scum in the game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Now you're just trolling me!

hahahaha with the last line yeah

the rest is how i actually think unfortunately

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Your Personal Muse posted:

Are you the scum Ernie?

i keep saying this but no one listens!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Well looks like the pressure votes worked. Infi is posting. Guess all those votes will come off now?

I also feel moat is scummy and playing in a really guarded way. Are they new or can I just vote them?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Absurd Revolver posted:

moat is not new

also ##unvote

perfect

##vote moatillata

their posts are just so overwrought with careful play, and i can't see any reason for it. we're at no significant risks from mis-cuddling.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Infi doesn't read like scum to me. They're not playing like they're trying to avoid clearing people who are casing them. Jedit reads like scum who's not interested in the game though.

##vote Jedit

Particularly his laissez faire approach to voting moat. Scum wouldn't have noticed moat's weird play.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Jedit is in full-fledged survival mode. Posts like "what about bus driving" only sow confusion, look like participation, and add literally nothing worth thinking about to the conversation.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Whether keane was bus driven or is a naïve cop the conclusion is the same: keane is town. Countering Keane's personal theory with the bus driver theory is meaningless and just scares the town players into thinking there is a bus driver when there absolutely doesn't have to be one.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hmmm or never mind, i misread because i was on a phone. oh well.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

looking forward to your vote on kash

yeah that seems like the correct vote ##vote kashuno

Infinitum posted:

Ernie you have any reads atm mate?

I've seen you commentate on most of the game, but really haven't posted an opinion or a case on anyone.

What are your thoughts?

Diss the hot goss girlfriend

no sorry, no reads at all :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hi everyone

Ninth was visited by two people yesterday

Dongsbot 9000 and Kasumeat

you're welcome, thread

• Locked thread