Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I am Joe's medulla oblongata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

Betrayer you like my new gang tag? XD

I do. I forgot that I was going to do that and you reminded me. :whatup:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I appreciate that other people are attempting to hoist the black flag of "You should enjoy playing Mafia and do things that help you enjoy it more".

Jimson, welcome aboard. I regret that someone gave you Emrakul instead of It That Betrays, but hey, it's the thought that counts.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

in my mtg mafia, jimson will be nezumi shortfang

Ooh, me next.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

:aaaaa:

:perfect:

:aaaaa:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I vote we just settle for removing Joe's sense of color or fashion, because that will inspire Joe to become more creative when he forgets the very concept of 'orange'.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote imgay

A: Third vote is always town.

B: This puts it at a three-way vote with three votes each, tripling the amount of town I am.

C: Orange you glad I didn't vote banana?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Infinitum posted:

So how many fingers is Joe gonna lose on the 4th of July

Joe isn't American, so it would have to take something like this:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Please stop exposing things, Joe is a minor.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Jedit posted:

I am out from now until probably after deadline, which is lovely I know but can't be helped. I will try to keep an eye on things but I can't guarantee it.

In the meantime, ##unvote to not prejudice the count with a pre-game joke vote. I am still happy with imgay, mind you.

If you're happy with him, why are you unvoting?

This is preemptively washing your hands of the lynch: If imgay were to get lynched and flip town, you could happily say that you weren't on the lynch and your participation in the bandwagon was because of the early jokevote, it wasn't at all serious.

##vote Jedit

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

give everyone an 80 and only grade the ppl who complain

Give everybody a 100, you'll get good reviews on ratemyprofessor.com

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I can't see votefinder at work, someone give me an updated count?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

:wtc:

Are you seriously arguing for a lynch chain on Day 1?

I know I took my goddamn meds last night, so this is clearly something on everybody else's end.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Your Personal Muse posted:

What chain lynch? I'm saying vote imgay because what jedit did requires people to believe imgay is scum. I don't think jedit is scum if imgay is scum, I'm just saying that all the people who think that jedit is scum because of his unvote must think imgay is scum.

I don't have to take Jedit's feelings on imgay into consideration to find what he did scummy: He said imgay was scum, said he'd be willing to vote for him, but removed his vote and said he wouldn't be around for the deadline.

I'm not saying anything on imgay's alignment by accusing Jedit.

If Jedit honestly feels imgay is scum, he should have kept the vote there. Pulling it off of imgay implies that Jedit doesn't want to take responsibility for it if imgay is lynched. It'd be the same for anyone Jedit accused because his half-hearted/half-assed accusation is the problem, not who he's accusing.

Yes they are. People are saying Jedit is scummy for his unvote. His vote was on imgay (at least I think it was). Why would scum unvote town?

Scum would unvote because they don't want to take responsibility for being on the lynch. The fact that Jedit would be above suspicion because his vote was during the jokevote phase is even more damning: Of all the people to lambast for being on a town bandwagon, the guy who voted for imgay before the game even began is probably last on the list.

quote:

So for the people that are voting Jedit, they are voting Jedit because of a suspicious unvote that can only be suspicious if imgay is scum.

The unvote is suspicious because Jedit is preemptively deflecting criticism for voting for someone who might flip town: He doesn't want people to go "Hey, imgay flipped town, let's look at who was on that lynch. Let's see...Jedit."

If you pay attention my argument is that imgay sucks and we should vote him. My argument for Jedit is that everyone voting Jedit should vote imgay instead.

Then you don't actually have an opinion on Jedit or the rest of the game, because your argument for Jimson could (and probably is) everyone voting Jimson should vote imgay instead.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Kash is scum hoping to AA onboard my execution so he can build momentum.

Sweetheart, I'm Joe aligned and you're not going to kill me, thanks bubele.

...Keane, are you having a stroke?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Keane, Kashuno, you're both pretty.

Jedit posted:

You want to see someone Mafia dadding and distancing themselves from a mislynch? Look at the guy asking "Which of these two reasons to vote Jedit is why you're voting for him?" as someone votes for me without explanation, when both reasons combined evidently aren't enough cause for him to drop a vote on me.

How is asking people about their rationale somehow suspicious?

Moat identified two reasons why someone might want to vote for you and wanted clarification on which (if any) applied.

Nowhere does that imply that Moat actually believes the case or would vote for you. Stop being obtuse.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

on one hand Kash if Jedit does flip scum, you're probably town, because you're not that dumb to defend him two days in a row

I think underestimating the depths of Mafia player stupidity is a pretty bold strategy.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

imgay posted:

imgay's game shattering theory
2/3rds of the last 3 votes on jimson were made by scum. think about it

Scum have been on every lynch in this game. :aaaaa:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kashuno posted:

how do you know?

If imgay is correct, then it becomes clear.

My god. Scum on the lynch.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kashuno posted:

how does he know?

Why don't you ask him?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kashuno posted:

how do you know imgay

Because you like dudes. :iceburn:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

I would probably vote Jedit, but really my biggest suspicion right now is on MEDS CURE SCHIZOS aka The Betrayer. When he's town he's a lot more aggressive and in-your-face probably because he doesn't actually like playing town, but in this game he's relaxed and making jokes and it's ~scummy.~

##vote The Betrayer

rip Alasdair

Actually, I've been trying to tone down things a bit since I came back a while ago. I've found that being overly aggressive is backfiring because the newer crop of Mafia people see aggression and badgering as a bad thing.

It sucks being old, man.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Please I'm already hot

You're not hot, you're just flaming.

See the top of the page for more proof.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

I was looking forward to a big fight between us too. You know, for old times sake. Oh well... :sigh:

I might come out of retirement if there's something to actually confront.

In the meantime, come sit on my porch, have some lemonade, and we'll yell at these damned kids to get off my lawn.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kasumeat posted:

I didn't like Kash's day 1 play at all. But today he's actually been asking good questions like to Meds

Those were good questions. For a five year old.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ernie. posted:

i want you to be scum so bad for this one :(

I actually want to keep him around for more comedy gems.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Forums ate my post gently caress everything.

Have you been working out?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kashuno posted:

He seems hostile and angry, despite not much going on. Even though he's mixing a lot of jokes in there, he really is stomping his feet about my vote on him and trying to make it as voting him at all is scummy. Overly defensive imo.

I can't blame him, you seem to be voting him for existing.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Jedit posted:

I'm torn. On the one hand Infinitum is shitposting and trying to return the game to joke phase

If this is scummy, I'm surprised you haven't voted half of the game so far. Are you hoping that someone's going to come along and do all of the dirty work for you? Do you have any spine whatsoever? You sure as gently caress didn't show any on Day 1, and you haven't done so here.

If you think he's scummy, gently caress the deadline, vote for him. Make him defend his actions. Make a move that you might have to defend against scrutiny.

You loving coward.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CCKeane posted:

What a shocking twist!

Watt are you talking about?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Jedit posted:

Vote yourself, then. If you don't want to play, gently caress off.

##vote Jedit

No, you get the gently caress out and come back when you decide you can take risks.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You said as much yourself, he's not playing his usual aggression. He's directly avoided pushing for people, and rather than actually make a case as to why people should switch to Kashuno, he's just saying "No, vote yourself".

At best, he's as useful as the other shitposters. At worst, he's directly trying to hide any responsibility for his actions.

Absurd Revolver posted:

this feels like fake anger

I haven't quite reached the level of usual Betrayer anger, but give it a bit.

But let's not and murderlynch INf and or Moat

Don't we have enough rope for two people?

Not until tomorrow where the :siren: ON NOTICE :siren: penalty kicks in.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Honestly I really don't like me and Inf's interaction last night. I'm making a joke out of it or whatever but something felt very off about the way he awkwardly handled the whole "I'll turbo the next person whoever". If it weren't for that I would be pushing Moat only but its a gut read so I don't expect people to follow me.

I don't think he responded to you any more seriously than you responded to him.

Kash's case is what he was annoyed at, and it shows on the next page.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CCKeane posted:

I have to say I really respect the lengths "Aussie" posters are willing to go to convince us it's a real place.

I think that explains why I can't read any of them: Their brains work in the other direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Keane, Ninth, you guys want to join me in pouring out one for this guy?

##vote Alasdair

• Locked thread