Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is Joe man a Spoon Man? Lets find out :nyoron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0_zzCLLRvE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Its alright, you're getting turbo'd D1

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm in the outback, mate.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Confirming I'm a GIJoe

Also confirming I'm sick do I'll check in properly later.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seems legit

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dear Joe,

There are too many A-names in your body. Please eliminate 4.

##vote Absurd Revolver

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yes, you've solved the riddle of my single joke post. I confess to my crimes. I signed up to a game with Moat already it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Trump supporter found. Get him

What have you done for Joe lately AR? Cause I got POTUS to make him a friendship bracelet.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Absurd Revolver posted:

I got him to apply for an AA degree!

Alcoholics Anonymous?! :psyduck:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's exactly what a miller would say

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh.

We're allowed to vote for people we don't like?

##vote Kashuno

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm liking this new meta play. Really makes things a lot easier.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CCKeane posted:

It's okay Kash, I'm not voting you.

So you're saying you don't like Kash, but you're not going to vote for him? :v:

:v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Isn't 3rd vote always scum? :nyoron:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So how many fingers is Joe gonna lose on the 4th of July

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

NO JOE DON'T PUT YOUR HEAD OVER THE FIREWORKS!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Traitor

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

NO JOE DON'T PUT YOUR HEAD OVER THE FIREWORKS!

Who is responsible for blowing up Joe's head?

Was it..
##vote imgay

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Was voting imgay to see a claim, as the thread was heading that way earlier. Not seeing the push any longer

Voting jedit seems opportunistic as the dude says he's out for a bit, but it was dumb to unvote

Are we voting Dongbutt to see a claim?

Jimbo running a dumb rear end gambit hours out from Lynch?

It's 4:30am in Sydney. I'm warm in bed. I'll be up properly before lynch, but for now.. who we voting for realsies? Not much to go on D1.

Gimme some real talk ppl

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gonna vote Jimbo until we see a claim. Congrats on activating your trap card.

##vote Jimson

Kashuno posted:

I'd vote dongs or jim

Why dongs tho? Just to see him claim?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zzz for a little bit

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kash pushing for the Jimbo lynch

Protecting a scumbro there mate?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

the guy literally scum claimed. come on now.

Yeah but is it like Gulagdolls claiming SK straight away tho

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

btw he says this while voting jimson

I've already said why I'm voting him. Nothing to go on, so waiting for the standard D1 push-claim action.

You're voting him for dumb meta reasons.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

imgay posted:

jesus christ your sleep schedule is hosed

7am here =_=

Also yes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I am Joe's desire to drink lots of coffee

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:redhammer:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

EXCEPT HE IS ACTUALLY SCUM WHEN HE SCUM CLAIMS

Quotin dis for potential comedy flip option

Kashuno posted:

gently caress why do you always have the best images for everything

Cauz im amazin

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

EXCEPT HE IS ACTUALLY SCUM WHEN HE SCUM CLAIMS

##vote Kashuno

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How can Joe be a Dad if he is only 16?!
Did we knock up some poor young girl? Reckless and irresponsible!

Real talk tho, unvoting at the end was an odd decision if you weren't going to be around for lynch.
He was either going to be the lynch target, or he wasn't.

And you wanted to lynch imgay

So it came off super weird :shrug:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Been out and about most of the day with IRL shiznit.

Will give the thread a proper read.. after my nap :frogc00l:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Next person to post is scum

VVVVVVV DIS GUY VVVVVVVVVV

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You idiots realise I've been asleep right? And the reason I was absent yesterday was I had been minding my niece as it's school holidays in Australia atm.

It's currently 6:20am. I'm still in bed. Prolly going to sleep a bit longer. I'll be up then and posting, like I said I would.

This has been the scummiest push I've seen thus far. You Yanks know I'm an Aussie so you know I'd be asleep.
Gonna have a proper read when I get my rear end up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I can back it ##vote inf Maybe he will come back from his "nap"

Look at this scummy rear end post.

Just look at it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hi good morning.

Lot of votes on me.

Lot of bad votes that is.

Scum votes.

Texas tea.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah I'm having a look first.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK had a quick look at what the hell happened after I made my quick check-in post explaining that I had been out for most of the day, was catching some Zzzs, and would have a proper read through of the thread afterwards.
To me D1 had just ended, D2 was a 48hr period and I spent the first 24 hours doing some IRL poo poo, and was expecting to come in and start playing properly.

Kash starts it off with this.

Kashuno posted:

motherfucker post some real poo poo.

To which YPM chimes in with

Your Personal Muse posted:

Can you two town people stop fighting and talk about Inf

Your Personal Muse posted:

Actually this fight seems manufactured but I'll get to that later let's talk about the scum known as Inf

Kashuno posted:

:agreed: on inf. He isn't playing at all.

Kashuno posted:

I can back it ##vote inf Maybe he will come back from his "nap"

Yeah no poo poo I'm not playing. I'm asleep like I said I was.

2 more votes followed in the space of 15min and started the dogpile.
It seems opportunistic as hell to start a post on someone who said he'd be out for a bit, and would check in afterwards.

Kasumeat posted:

Fair enough.

Well, doesn't look like Jedit is happening tonight, but I'm still happy with this.

##vote Inf
L-3

gently caress this vote.
"Oh gee I can't make a case for Jedit today, guess I'll push this guy. HEY IT'S MINUS THREE GUYS"

Moatillata posted:

##vote: INFINITUM

Tentative vote for some pressure for him to mount a defense. I'm liking the reasoning behind this one. I also like cckeanes reasoning for kash. The only thing that gives me pause is how hard YPM is pushing it esp when the majority of it came from imgay.

gently caress this vote as well.
"Hmm I don't have a case for him, but I suppose the fact everyone else is voting for him is good enough for me! That's a reason right? PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE!"

tl;dr summary
- Kash+YPM start the push on me. Not liking either of them atm. Particularly Kash for dumb meta bullshit, which he pushed Jimbo D1 for
- Kasumeat basically admitting he can't push Jedit today, so may as well bus someone else
- Weak as hell reasoning from Moat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going to have a read of the D2 posts now and catch up properly.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah that vote by Moat is hot garbage and I'm not liking one bit of it.

Reading the first few pages of D2 and it's starting to seem like scum are just trying to push anyone not actively 'playing' the game.
Especially after experiencing the brunt of it at the moment.

Jedit is the early push D2 for unvoting at the end of D1 because he had IRL poo poo to do, but I'm liking him more for town atm.

Jedit posted:

When am I supposed to have Mafia dadded, in the five posts I made on Day 1?

I unvoted imgay to make sure he didn't get lynched as a sole viable candidate in a game that, when I went out, was practically dead and hadn't properly got out of joke phase. I've explained why I wanted him gone, I would have been happy to have him gone, but not at the cost of losing an entire day's discussion because "welp, guess it's imgay or nobody".

##vote Moatillata

You want to see someone Mafia dadding and distancing themselves from a mislynch? Look at the guy asking "Which of these two reasons to vote Jedit is why you're voting for him?" as someone votes for me without explanation, when both reasons combined evidently aren't enough cause for him to drop a vote on me.

Agreeing with his sentiment on moat.

Kashuno gets called out a bit for his lovely meta reads.

CCKeane posted:

The practice of reading entrails (to see the future) is called haruspicy.

The practice of reading poo poo (to determine alignment) is called reading Kash's posts.

Whooooooooooolllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeee lot of meta poo poo from Kash for a bit, so it looks like he's trying to play the meta game on everyone rather than actually reading the game and having an opinion

-----------------------------------------------------

Finally hitting the poo poo about me 'rolefishing' by applying pressure, which is what I'm guessing a few people are voting me for, but the rest are just dogpile votes.

It's less rolefishing, and more seeing how people defend themselves, seeing a claim is benefit and something to be expected when that happens. Getting called out for it is odd, as it's a good way to produce content to analyse D2.
This is poo poo I only really do D1 when we've got nothing to go on, and are just slowly exiting joke phase to start the game proper.
The tide was shifting to Jimson, so I did vote for him and I did that to see what he would claim.

If you look at his post history, he never claimed anything to save himself, so I left my vote on him
It seemed like lurky scummy behavior not to defend himself.

Yeah that's part of my ~D1 meta~ play, so there you go.

If you want me to defend something, I don't think I've got a drat thing I need to defend.

---------------------------------------------------------------

But the real superstar I want to point out at the moment. Kasumeat.

Kasumeat posted:

Also just some constructive criticism of this game's ON NOTICE system: I would be very happy to see an Alasdair lynch here for his lurking but the ON NOTICE system actually discourages us from voting the lurker now because it gives us the promise of a free lynch on him tomorrow if we want to take it. If he's scum, it gives him the opportunity to make a bunch of spam posts by the end of the day to dodge the free lynch, then resume lurking, and repeat ad infinitum.

Kasumeat posted:

I agree that Inf is looking scummier and scummier. In the last game I played with him he was super active and we were both VT and he tried to push a lynch on me because I correctly called 2 scum on day 1. I haven't seen him play scum before, but he's playing much more passively.

Makes an Inf/Jedit scumteam even more likely, yet you (YPM) seem convinced that Jedit isn't scum. I still hate how Jedit played D1, and this post trying to take pressure off of Inf just makes Jedit look even scummier.

Kasumeat posted:

Fair enough.

Well, doesn't look like Jedit is happening tonight, but I'm still happy with this.

##vote Inf
L-3

Here we have Kas pushing a lurker lynch, followed by trying to peg me and Jedit together as scum team for some reason, even though we haven't even shared a similar opinion on anyone, doesn't present a case whatsoever for Jedit, and immediately jumps ship onto me once the tide is heading my way (Casually reminding everyone I'm only three away from lynch... oh wait make that -2 tee hee)

Scum rear end motherfucker that has 0 opinions, wants to vote lurkers we can free lynch tomorrow, and is trying to tie people together when there's nothing there.

##vote Kasumeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

You completely ignored the rolefishing, which is the real reason we're voting you. There are lots of people who haven't done anything useful so far in this game, but that just has no explanation.

• Locked thread