Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dat Game of Thrones...
better than Sami/Nakamura
better than Joe/Finn
better than Roman's suspension
View Results

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

ThePariah posted:

Remember when Roman Reigns made a mistake? It was a pretty bad time from him to make a mistake, and he's paying the price for making that mistake. But at the end of the day, we all make mistakes. Sometimes I put my shirt on backwards or hit my toe into a door. Sometimes you spill your drink or take the wrong turn while driving. Sometimes Roman Reigns takes anabolic steroids for years and only regrets it because he got caught. We all make mistakes, so once Roman gets back, I think we should be grown-ups, forgive him and treat him with the respect that he deserves.

Booooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I enjoyed RAW (though it was on my other monitor while I played Grim Dawn) but it felt like nothing actually happened.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sicarius posted:

I'm not an accounting expert, but I did get a minor in it in college (part of another degree that wax generally unrelated, but I found finance and accounting mildly interesting) and I would hesitate to accept a company that runs as many diverse "live events" as the WWE bundling those as a single line entry. That's a seriously easy way to diguise single unit failings - things like if house show gates were down or Smackdown was a failing live brand, etc. It cannot possibly ly be accidental that WWE accountants have done such a thing.
On the other hand, non-Vince shareholders have virtually no power over anything, so there's really no incentive for WWE to disclose that information.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Generally a company should disclose any eventuality where they believe their is a reasonable chance that they will suffer a loss. So they should report lawsuits even if they have not been filed yet. Well, that would be the case if their was a chance they would actually lose, which seems unlikely in this case.

As far as reporting on business, they have a lot of leeway on how to lump things together. As long as they're giving an accurate and not intentionally misleading accounting of their overall financial situation there's nothing wrong with it. I would say they're fine in this case. I'm assuming that they also lump all 'live event' expenses together, so the overall information would still be accurate/useful.

They've done a lot sketchier things with their constant misleading pronouncements about the WWE Network and their expected TV rights and nothing came of it, so I can't imagine someone would care about something this trivial. An officer of the company straight up lying about future revenues at a stockholder's meeting is pretty insane, but the general attitude seems to be 'it's Vince McMahon/wrestling lol who cares' so they might as well keep doing it.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

ThePariah posted:

Remember when Roman Reigns made a mistake? It was a pretty bad time from him to make a mistake, and he's paying the price for making that mistake. But at the end of the day, we all make mistakes. Sometimes I put my shirt on backwards or hit my toe into a door. Sometimes you spill your drink or take the wrong turn while driving. Sometimes Roman Reigns takes anabolic steroids for years and only regrets it because he got caught. We all make mistakes, so once Roman gets back, I think we should be grown-ups, forgive him and treat him with the respect that he deserves.

I thought the fans had been giving him the respect he deserved.

reignofevil posted:

Booooooooooooooooo

See?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I enjoyed RAW (though it was on my other monitor while I played Grim Dawn) but it felt like nothing actually happened.

They always do nothing with 5 week builds until the last 2 weeks

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

My friends and I bought a row of tickets for the draft episode of SmackDown in Worcester. I'm not sure what to expect. I figure since it's the first live SmackDown they'll want to pull out all the stops, but there's probably not gonna be a whole lot of actual wrestling. I know they announced Cena/Styles but is that a dark match?

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Why can't it be Battleground already. I want to see Roman Reigns get the forgiving, understanding and sympathetic reaction that he's so clearly deserves after mistakenly doing all the drugs and getting put in a PPV main event right afterwards.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

ThePariah posted:

its cool that that didn't happen, then

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
I'm glad Roman was suspended for the Special Olympics segment holy poo poo. The crowd's already booed a Make-a-Wish kid, they're not gonna pull punches.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

OatmealRaisin posted:

I'm glad Roman was suspended for the Special Olympics segment holy poo poo. The crowd's already booed a Make-a-Wish kid, they're not gonna pull punches.

The crowd last night? They were so :geno: I doubt they'd even care.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Endless Mike posted:

The crowd last night? They were so :geno: I doubt they'd even care.

If there's anything that can wake a dead crowd, it's beloved babyface Roman Reigns

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I hope crowds chant "steroids" at Roman relentlessly when he comes back.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

I hope crowds chant "steroids" at Roman relentlessly when he comes back.

H-G-H *clap clap clapclapclap* H-G-H *clap clap clapclapclap*

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I think they may have to surround the crowd in a sound proof booth for the triple threat.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Optimist with doubt posted:

I think they may have to surround the crowd in a sound proof booth for the triple threat.

"That's right Maggle this triple threat will be a reverse cage match with the audience behind these inch thick plastic walls"

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Beautiful Ninja posted:

H-G-H *clap clap clapclapclap* H-G-H *clap clap clapclapclap*

This is not "H... G H!" in new day cadence.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Nobody on Raw's been telling me about whether or not I should go to Puerto Rico and I'm starting to get worried. :ohdear:

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
also, lol, trying to get an audience of working class people to feel sympathy for a rich buff man who doesn't lose his job when he can't pass a drug test.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not to be a nark but Sheamus, Rusev and few others bodies have changed a lot the last month. They are a lot softer now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

rovert posted:

Not to be a nark but Sheamus, Rusev and few others bodies have changed a lot the last month. They are a lot softer now.

#SAWFT

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
'Wow, the fans are really chanting for the Huge Giant Hound Roman Reigns tonight Maggle!' 'He gets a passionate response everywhere he goes!'

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

ThePariah posted:

I have forgiven Roman. He just wanted to give us a back we could be proud of.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Roman returns and stares into camera and says " I'm GOOD and I'm BACK" and the announcers spend 10 minutes going crazy about the phrase without being specific or explaining why.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Definitely not hard like the #SocialOutcasts

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

rovert posted:

So did Summer win?

Summer's always a winner in my book :q:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i think the very worst part about them acknowledging reins' hot piss is that we are supposed to feel sympathy for him because seth is being such a meanie about a guy who just made a mistake and owned it

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Hopefully next they turn Dean heel by having a big reveal that he was actually pushing drugs on his buddy The Big Dog and Roman breaks free and squashes them both now that he's living clean and proud

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
He'll have no problem squashing anyone after he gains 160 lbs. without his ephedra

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Give Roman an MMA/Snitsky gimmick where he claims that he mistakenly took a tainted supplement on his trainer's advice, and then repeatedly says 'It. Wasn't. My. Fault.' while JBL and Cole praise his honesty

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Efexeye posted:

i think the very worst part about them acknowledging reins' hot piss is that we are supposed to feel sympathy for him because seth is being such a meanie about a guy who just made a mistake and owned it

Well you see, love him or hate him we're going to insist on writing him like you respect him.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Hopefully next they turn Dean heel by having a big reveal that he was actually pushing drugs on his buddy The Big Dog and Roman breaks free and squashes them both now that he's living clean and proud

Reveal that Dean's estranged father is actually Key.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

But the Straight Edge Society already happened.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
New Day is still great

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
New Day continues to be leaps and bounds better than any other tag team. Also I'm glad Wyatts are currently not extremely boring like in the past where they just come out and talk 10 minutes straight nonsense or just squash who ever is in the ring. It's nice seeing New Day and Wyatts dishing out threats to each other instead of being a one sided poo poo show.

I know people are high on Enzo and Cass, but their shtick is already starting to feel old. If they could change up their entrance to where they are not always saying their stupid introductions. Also please stop using "SAWFT!" every single appearance, it's stupid. At least with New Day, they're more creative with their catch phrases "New Day rocks!" and "WWE Tag Team champions!"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

ijii posted:

New Day continues to be leaps and bounds better than any other tag team. Also I'm glad Wyatts are currently not extremely boring like in the past where they just come out and talk 10 minutes straight nonsense or just squash who ever is in the ring. It's nice seeing New Day and Wyatts dishing out threats to each other instead of being a one sided poo poo show.

I know people are high on Enzo and Cass, but their shtick is already starting to feel old. If they could change up their entrance to where they are not always saying their stupid introductions. Also please stop using "SAWFT!" every single appearance, it's stupid. At least with New Day, they're more creative with their catch phrases "New Day rocks!" and "WWE Tag Team champions!"

You're objectively wrong.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

rovert posted:

I really want to start a rumour that the WWE are getting themselves cleaner and more scandal free because Vince believes that Trump is going to name him his VP nominee.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Beautiful Ninja posted:

But the Straight Edge Society already happened.

What do my knuckles say?!

BALE EDAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I really liked the Ambrose/Styles match, too bad the crowd was pretty dead at that point.

• Locked thread